Become a Patron!

PryingOpenMyThirdEye

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
So I jumped into DIY with guns blazing about a month or so ago and I'm truly shocked at my results. I still have some of my first mixes and all but one (damn tiramisu is tricky) are fantastic today! I just went ahead and placed my second order because well...well you know why. I know the order is already placed (I'm super impatient), but maybe I can get some opinions or a general consensus on whether I made any mistakes or should have substituted one brand flavoring for another. Combining my first order, this will make approximately 70 concentrates total which I'm hoping will satisfy my obsession until I realize I "need" something else. I DID do some research on each flavoring, but I'd like some feedback if possible, please and thank you.
-D

P.S. I mostly have FA,TFA, CAP and one or two FW concentrates now. I wanted to branch out a bit so I got INW and I think one LA. lol.

Acetyl Pyrazine 5% PG-TFA
(Size: 10ml)
10000 1 $2.25 USD $2.25 USD
Almond-FA

14002 1 $2.99 USD $2.99 USD
Apple Pie-FA

14004 1 $2.99 USD $2.99 USD
Banana Cream-TFA

10099 1 $1.75 USD $1.75 USD
Biscuit Concentrate-INW

13079 1 $2.99 USD $2.99 USD
Brown Sugar Extra-TFA

(Size: 30ml)
30030 1 $4.00 USD $4.00 USD
Butter Pecan-FW

32103 1 $4.00 USD $4.00 USD
Butterscotch-FW

12122 1 $1.75 USD $1.75 USD
Cake Batter Dip-FW

32251 1 $4.00 USD $4.00 USD
Chocolate Glazed Doughnut-Cap

(Size: 13ml Original Packaging)
O1019 1 $2.50 USD $2.50 USD
Cinnamon Roll-FW

32139 1 $4.00 USD $4.00 USD
Cream Cheese Icing-LA

18009 1 $1.75 USD $1.75 USD
Crunchy Berry Cereal-TFA

30200 1 $4.00 USD $4.00 USD
Dairy/Milk-TFA

10119 1 $1.75 USD $1.75 USD
Dulce De Leche-FW

12183 1 $1.75 USD $1.75 USD
French Vanilla Creme-TFA

10207 1 $1.75 USD $1.75 USD
French Vanilla-Cap

O1084 1 $2.50 USD $2.50 USD
Fruit Circles-TFA

10192 1 $1.75 USD $1.75 USD
Fruity Flakes-FW

12279 1 $1.75 USD $1.75 USD
Hazelnut-FW

32188 1 $4.00 USD $4.00 USD
Irish Cream-FA

(Size: 10ml Original Bottle)
O4051 1 $3.39 USD $3.39 USD
Joy - FA

14128 1 $2.99 USD $2.99 USD
Key Lime-TFA

10178 1 $1.75 USD $1.75 USD
Lemon Concentrate-INW

13083 1 $3.49 USD $3.49 USD
Lime Tahity - COLD PRESSED-FA

O4114 1 $3.39 USD $3.39 USD
Marzipan-FA

14066 1 $2.99 USD $2.99 USD
Raspberry Concentrate-INW

13087 1 $2.99 USD $2.99 USD
Salted Caramel-FW

12157 1 $1.75 USD $1.75 USD
Sweet Tangerine-Cap

O1074 1 $2.50 USD $2.50 USD
Torrone (Nougat)-FA

O4098 1 $3.39 USD $3.39 USD
Vanilla Bean Ice Cream-TFA

30249 1 $4.00 USD $4.00 USD
Vanilla Swirl-TFA

30023 1 $4.00 USD $4.00 USD
Vienna Cream-FA

34102 1 $5.74 USD $5.74 USD
Yellow Cake-FW

PryingOpenMyThirdEye

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Looks like someone had fun at Bull City (that's my guess) You picked some really good ones, definitely.
Lol. Yeah, good guess and I had a blast of course! Can you tell I have a massive sweet tooth? I think I have like three or four fruits in there and probably five more here at home. Can't resist those bakery concentrates. :rolleyes:

Well thank you, Huck. That's reassuring. The first order was mostly all my creams, menthol, sweetener, EM, and of course some flavorings, but not all compatible enough to make the recipes I wanted to (I'd always be off by one or two ingredients.) I felt like my creativity was lacking a bit because my options were somewhat limited and I actually didn't mix for a week or so, so I figured this order will whoop me back into shape and get the juices flowing so to speak. :D

skeene

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
'Original Packaging' was a dead giveaway, lol
i wanted to order from them a couple days ago but they were in the process of moving i think.
nice flavors! but no blueberry or strawberry :(

PryingOpenMyThirdEye

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Could somebody please explain to me exactly how to dilute the Acetyl? I keep seeing different methods.

PryingOpenMyThirdEye

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
'Original Packaging' was a dead giveaway, lol
i wanted to order from them a couple days ago but they were in the process of moving i think.
nice flavors! but no blueberry or strawberry :(
Lol yeah. Last time I ordered in non original and questioned whether the flavor I got was true (due to it possibly not being shaken up properly?) Idk.. I figured I'd spend the extra few bucks and get original FA packaging on all the ones they actually had in stock.

BTW I have three strawberries (FA,CAP) and I think two Blueberries. I meant to get Bilberry, but I rushed it because I ordered it before I left work and for whatever ungodly reason when you save your cart on one computer, it doesn't transfer to another even if you're signed into the same account. I emailed BCV support about it and they said it stores to the cache, so I was kinda dilly dallyin' all day at work in between meetings and such and when the end of my shift came, I felt all rushed and just threw a few more in and closed my eyes as I clicked the checkout button.

PryingOpenMyThirdEye

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
i think it is diluted
That's what I originally thought but on the BCV page for it underneath it says "This is concentrated flavoring and must be diluted before use!" ..I'm pretty sure they have that on every flavor though. I'm thinking you're right and it's already diluted..

PryingOpenMyThirdEye

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Here I found my first order:

1 x Cake Batter-Cap REGRET THIS ONE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • 1 x Cinnamon Danish Swirl-Cap
  • 1 x New York Cheesecake-Cap
  • 1 x Sweet Strawberry-Cap
  • 1 x Koolada 10% PG-TFA
  • 1 x Cheesecake (Graham Crust)-TFA
  • 1 x Wild Blueberry-TFA
  • 1 x Dragonfruit-TFA
  • 1 x Cinnamon Roll-FW
  • 1 x Sugar Cookie-Cap
  • 1 x Vanilla Custard-Cap
  • 1 x Sweetener-TFA
  • 1 x Ethyl Maltol (PG)
  • 1 x Caramel (Original)-TFA
  • 1 x Arctic Winter (Menthol)-FA
  • 1 x Apricot-FA
  • 1 x Tiramisu-FA
  • 1 x Vanilla Bourbon-FA
  • 1 x Catalan Cream-FA
  • 1 x Cinnamon Ceylon-FA
  • 1 x Coconut-FA
  • 1 x Cookie-FA
  • 1 x Fresh Cream-FA
  • 1 x Fuji-FA
  • 1 x Lemon Sicily-FA
  • 1 x Madagascar (Vanilla Classic)-FA
  • 1 x Marshmallow-FA
  • 1 x Meringue-FA
  • 1 x Strawberry-FA
  • 1 x Graham Cracker V2-Cap
  • 1 x Sweet Cream-TFA
  • 1 x DX Bavarian Cream-TFA
  • 1 x Vanilla Bean Ice Cream-TFA

skeene

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
i hate the original bottle, i think bcv rebottled to keep us customers happy.
i shake the hell out of everything now, it becomes second nature.
i see you're from boston, i'm you're neighbor to the north, nashua here

PryingOpenMyThirdEye

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
i hate the original bottle, i think bcv rebottled to keep us customers happy.
i shake the hell out of everything now, it becomes second nature.
i see you're from boston, i'm you're neighbor to the north, nashua here
DAMNIT! I wish I knew that. Do they tend to leak? I was thinking it may be fresher or more balanced or something in the original. RATS. Oh well, you live and learn, I'm not going to bother asking them to change it.

Yeah, I lived in Boston for a while, but I'm originally from Lowell and live in the Westford, MA area now. That's awesome! I'm in Nashua all the time (not as much since I stopped smoking, though.) Gotta love tax free NH!

skeene

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
no they don't leak, just a pita to get the cap off. on regular bottles i just remove the dropper. of course that wouldn't matter if you mix by weight, i still use syringes.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Could somebody please explain to me exactly how to dilute the Acetyl? I keep seeing different methods.
Acetyl Pyrazine? It's already a dilution, but if you find it too strong, you can make a 10ml dilution by using 1ml AP in 9ml of PG, then use that as the flavoring. If that tends to be too weak for you, then you still have the remainder of your original bottle.

If you happen to get leaky bottles and keep extra empties on hand, just transfer your flavors. If you mix by weight, you shouldn't have too much trouble mixing with the originals. If they happen to leak in shipment, BCV is excellent with their customer service.

I think you'll be happy with the flavors you've picked up. Just a hint at your 3rd order... LOL!! If you're like me and think you only like desserts and creamy vapes, the majority of my flavorings are now fruits. Making my own stuff, or other people's to be more accurate, turns out, I do like fruit vapes. DIY rules!

PryingOpenMyThirdEye

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
no they don't leak, just a pita to get the cap off. on regular bottles i just remove the dropper. of course that wouldn't matter if you mix by weight, i still use syringes.
Oh ok. Whew. When you coming out from the dark side? The scale is $28 (or less) and Pipettes are like a few bucks for 100. Done. Virtually no clean up, but I'm sure you already know this.

PryingOpenMyThirdEye

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Acetyl Pyrazine? It's already a dilution, but if you find it too strong, you can make a 10ml dilution by using 1ml AP in 9ml of PG, then use that as the flavoring. If that tends to be too weak for you, then you still have the remainder of your original bottle.

If you happen to get leaky bottles and keep extra empties on hand, just transfer your flavors. If you mix by weight, you shouldn't have too much trouble mixing with the originals. If they happen to leak in shipment, BCV is excellent with their customer service.

I think you'll be happy with the flavors you've picked up. Just a hint at your 3rd order... LOL!! If you're like me and think you only like desserts and creamy vapes, the majority of my flavorings are now fruits. Making my own stuff, or other people's to be more accurate, turns out, I do like fruit vapes. DIY rules!
Thank you for the advice! DIY does rule and it's not that I don't LIKE fruity flavors, I just like some bakery notes mixed in there with them. My 3rd order will definitely contain mostly fruits and whatever I need to restock from what I have already. I need to build this arsenal and surpass Theresa! :p

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Thank you for the advice! DIY does rule and it's not that I don't LIKE fruity flavors, I just like some bakery notes mixed in there with them. My 3rd order will definitely contain mostly fruits and whatever I need to restock from what I have already. I need to build this arsenal and surpass Theresa! :p
I know what you mean, LOL. I'm just over 200 and still have the occasional, "dammit, gotta order one". I suggest sample sizes when you can find them, for flavors you think you'll use only occasionally. I have a couple from my first order still, went to use one the other day and it faded quite a lot. Normal for citrusy types, but now I'm replacing a half full bottle. It can happen, but not too often, thankfully. I began DIY about 2 years ago.

PryingOpenMyThirdEye

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I see you've got TFA Vanilla Bean Ice Cream in both your first order, and second.
Must have run out:D.
BTW, the CAP VBIC is good too.
Very observant! Yeah I used a lot of it in vapefog's milk man clone and various other recipes. I wasn't sure about the CAP so thanks for the heads up. Happy I was able to get Vienna cream this time because last time bvc was out, but of course this time they're out of strawberry ripe and vanilla cup cake.

I was struggling with finding the best butterscotch. My research led me to Flavorah I think it was, but it was expensive and had no ratings on bcv so I chickened out. I did put some faith in INW this time, tho.

martnargh

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Whats the vapefogs milk man clone recipe?

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

PryingOpenMyThirdEye

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years

martnargh

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Only pg i use is in the flavoring... the rest i fill with vg... nic is vg... though next refill i might get pg nic... i prefer as high vg as possible but sometimes the vg nic will gget hot spots if i forget to shake before mixing...

PryingOpenMyThirdEye

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Only pg i use is in the flavoring... the rest i fill with vg... nic is vg... though next refill i might get pg nic... i prefer as high vg as possible but sometimes the vg nic will gget hot spots if i forget to shake before mixing...

I'm the same. I have 100% 100mg Vaperstek VG nic. I never forget to roll my nic so I'm not so worried. I DO have some NN suspended in PG, though.

The recipe is a pretty good shake and vape, but after a few weeks the strawberries really mellow out and it's a smooth vape even with the 70/30 I think I made it in. I can imagine max VG which is what i'm doing next.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Oh, hey, based on what I'm hearing, you might wait out the Vanilla Cupcake and get the FA Nonna's Cake instead. Those who've been able to get their hands on it are swooning over it. BCV will have it sometime this month, from what I understand.

PryingOpenMyThirdEye

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Oh, hey, based on what I'm hearing, you might wait out the Vanilla Cupcake and get the FA Nonna's Cake instead. Those who've been able to get their hands on it are swooning over it. BCV will have it sometime this month, from what I understand.
Anywhere I can get my dirty paws on it ri meow?

Heabob

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Very observant! Yeah I used a lot of it in vapefog's milk man clone and various other recipes. I wasn't sure about the CAP so thanks for the heads up. Happy I was able to get Vienna cream this time because last time bvc was out, but of course this time they're out of strawberry ripe and vanilla cup cake.

I was struggling with finding the best butterscotch. My research led me to Flavorah I think it was, but it was expensive and had no ratings on bcv so I chickened out. I did put some faith in INW this time, tho.

Hard to find a decent Butterscotch.
I've been using FW & TFA mostly, and occasionally FA & NF, but the NF is alcohol based, runny like water but taste is OK.
Hangsen is OK but it does have a bit of that typical aftertaste like some others in that brand.
Not really a bad taste, just different, and hard to describe.
Sometimes I mix them all together:D.

PryingOpenMyThirdEye

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Hard to find a decent Butterscotch.
I've been using FW & TFA mostly, and occasionally FA & NF, but the NF is alcohol based, runny like water but taste is OK.
Hangsen is OK but it does have a bit of that typical aftertaste like some others in that brand.
Not really a bad taste, just different, and hard to describe.
Sometimes I mix them all together:D.
Lol. U tried flavorahs ? Heard it's good.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

PryingOpenMyThirdEye

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
So I get home from work today and I see my BCV package in the porch. Excitement sets in. I have the day off tomorrow and have some awesome juices to make. Open the box. Here's what's inside.

dd2502e3aef9e4a3fbf9e5e8f2e0ec4b.jpg

This kids got an interesting palette. College juice maker special. Just missing pizza roll flavor.

Expecting a call from BCV tomorrow as I'm NOT pleased. Whoever got my package got the hookup. Even if they apologize and let me keep these flavors, WTF AM I SUPPOSED TO DO WITH THIS MANY WAFFLES AND MAPLE SYRUP WITH BUTTERED POPCORN!?

Last edited:

PryingOpenMyThirdEye

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Oh no!! Oh I'm so sorry that happened. I can tell ya one thing, though, they'll make it right. I've never had an issue personally, but anytime I've heard of one, it's been taken care of very well.
Thanks, Huckleberried.

I was pretty bummed. Why couldn't I have gotten somebody's amazing $300 order?? I expect them to make this right and with the exception of maybe two of these (pistachio actually smelled really good. yes I smelled them all. ) I don't want them and I shouldn't have to go out of my way to ship this order back to them for their mistake. Not to mention the buttered popcorn leaked all up in the bag. Gross.

This is the black comedy known as my life.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Thanks, Huckleberried.

I was pretty bummed. Why couldn't I have gotten somebody's amazing $300 order?? I expect them to make this right and with the exception of maybe two of these (pistachio actually smelled really good. yes I smelled them all. ) I don't want them and I shouldn't have to go out of my way to ship this order back to them for their mistake. Not to mention the buttered popcorn leaked all up in the bag. Gross.

This is the black comedy known as my life.

I'd be bummed, too. After really seeing everything you ended up receiving, you might actually get some use out of some of those if they say to keep it. Never know...

I've had leaky orders from other vendors before. I know it's no fun to clean up. Just be glad one of those wasn't AP or Break Crust. :confused:

FL_David

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I'm hoping will satisfy my obsession until I realize I "need" something else
If you comb the recipes posted in this forum, you'll always need at least one flavor if you want to make it exactly the same, unless you have every flavor ever made.
I would have liked your 2 orders to be my first two orders years ago. You have done your research.

Wow! That is some surprise 2nd order to your door. Scary. I'm pretty sure BCV will make it right for you.

PryingOpenMyThirdEye

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
If you comb the recipes posted in this forum, you'll always need at least one flavor if you want to make it exactly the same, unless you have every flavor ever made.
I would have liked your 2 orders to be my first two orders years ago. You have done your research.

Wow! That is some surprise 2nd order to your door. Scary. I'm pretty sure BCV will make it right for you.
Thank you and yeah I did a lot of research. I've only been in this since the end of January. Hopefully I can eventually put some of those flavors to use. I WILL say this.... That pistachio is deeeevine!! Smells and tastes delicious and it vapes like a dream. I made a pistachio bavarian vanilla ice cream and oh my word...

Side note, I pretty much just got apologies from BCV and they never asked for the mistaken order back. I'm hoping they threw a couple extras in my box or upgraded a couple to bigger sizes. I won't hold my breath, though. I'll know tonight when I get home as it showed up today.

PryingOpenMyThirdEye

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
That was quick!!!

What % did you use with the Pistachio and Bavarian? Sounds pretty good. :)
Yeah they shipped two day. I'm not home so I don't remember off hand but the recipe was something like this:

Pistachio TFA 7%
Vanilla BIC TFA 4 or 5%
DX Bavarian Cream 1 or 2%

I also added a drop of sweetener for every 10ml. I'll update this when I get home.

I also made another version with more of everything I think I did 9,5,2 and it wasn't as good.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Yeah they shipped two day. I'm not home so I don't remember off hand but the recipe was something like this:

Pistachio TFA 7%
Vanilla BIC TFA 4 or 5%
DX Bavarian Cream 1 or 2%

I also added a drop of sweetener for every 10ml. I'll update this when I get home.

I also made another version with more of everything I think I did 9,5,2 and it wasn't as good.

With flavorings, less is more. And stay easy with the sweetener, like you did. Too much can kill the flavor. Sounds good :)

PryingOpenMyThirdEye

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
With flavorings, less is more. And stay easy with the sweetener, like you did. Too much can kill the flavor. Sounds good :)
Yup. I was having trouble at first making the pistachio come through so I added more. What I should've done is leave it be and bring down the ice cream.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Yup. I was having trouble at first making the pistachio come through so I added more. What I should've done is leave it be and bring down the ice cream.

The vanilla ice cream to me is really strong, but if it's good, it's good! You could always dilute it with a base mix of nic/pg/vg.

PryingOpenMyThirdEye

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
The vanilla ice cream to me is really strong, but if it's good, it's good! You could always dilute it with a base mix of nic/pg/vg.
Yeah those percentages are a bit high. I just got home and the first and better batch I made was:

Pistachio 6.5% I'd bring this to an even 7
VBIC 4% I'd drop it to 3%
Bavarian Cream 1% maybe a bit more?
Sweetner 1 drop per 10ml

On my second batch I added Madagascar Vanilla by FA and went 1%. I would probably go with what I have above and knock it down to .5%...However, I just got all my new flavors just a few mins ago so I'm going to experiment with vanilla swirl, Vienna cream, and French Vanilla creme.

Willing to take suggestions. I want to make this as perfect of a recipe I can.

PryingOpenMyThirdEye

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
One of my absolute fave flavorings, next to FA Cookie. Only suggestion I have for you is if it vapes good for you, vape it! I adjust recipes to my own tastes, some flavors I have to reduce, some I have to increase. We're all weird in our own wonderful ways, LOL.
I had a so so experience with FA cookie. I used it once. Definitely didn't expect it to be more of a biscotti. Expected an American style base cookie. Boy was I wrong and I used it in the wrong way. What's your fave recipe using it?

Excellent advice by the way and noted!

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon

PryingOpenMyThirdEye

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
It's a pretty strong one, depending on the recipe, I usually use it at 1%, unless it's the main flavor, then I'll mix it at 2%.
Shamelessly, my fave cookie is this one, the light version option, and I'm mixing it lighter than that now.
http://vapingunderground.com/threads/golden-oreo-cheesecake.2388/

Another fave, not mine.
http://vapingunderground.com/threads/hics-macaroon-bars-coconut-orange-cranberry.33475/
AWESOME! I'm going to try mixing the lighter version of your recipe. HIC's recipe looks fantastic as well, I'm just missing a couple. I have a feeling that sentence will be typed out A LOT.

VU Sponsors