Become a Patron!

NATIVE WICKS - REVIEW

JahmezOkieDokie

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I will have to try these. I like anything that brings price points down for my overall cost of this hobby. Also, USA made? I am not one of those "I only buy Merica", but it is nice to see things made here to give jobs to Americans.

P.S. rolltidevapor, country twangs aren't so bad. I have had to learn to love mine, but it fits me.

Scooter 72

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I've never used native wicks. But I here good things I'm new to vaping so I'd like to try it and find out so I hope I win

scooter

DuckysVapeReviews

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
I will give the contest a go, thanks.

I am pretty hung up on Cotton Bacon V2.0 so winning this or recieving some to review is the only way I would see me straying away. Been on same $5 package 3 months now and havent used half.

Scooter 72

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hmmmm. Very interesting, very interesting.

scooter
I use bacon. And I like it. But every time I open the pouch I think. "There's got to be better than this" but I've yet to see it. But good things is all I've herd on native. And made in the USA should say it all

scooter
Sorry didn't mean to double up

Scooter 72

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I'm gona sneak in the back door. I don't think anyone will even notice

Scooter 72

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
You can't see me I'm hiding behind this tree. Wait where did the tree go! Dang acid flash backs again. The government was write drugs are bad.
Lol just kidding the goverment right ha there's my tree.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Nice review! I've given up on JC since I discovered rayon over a year ago. I'm always looking for something better.
Time to see what this stuff is all about.
Ditto. I've been so impressed with rayon for the last year... if this stuff is better, I won't know what to think!

thewanderernick

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
So far I have only tried cotton and organic japanese cotton. Once or twice medical sterilized cotton-which had no weird taste to me, but rayon, silica and these specialty things are all gonna be new to me. Well i tried cotton bacon version one, but it seemed like it didn't wanna suck up the juice...idk maybe at the time my wicking wasn't that great. I gave it away.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Not a fan at all of silica. Too many dry hits, so so flavor. My experience with cotton was good, taste wise, but had to change it too frequently. Once I tried rayon, I understood how it had so many fans! WOW. Awesome flavor. So, reading this review and that it has potential to be even better, I want in, LOL.

thewanderernick

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I have been hearing all about rayon from Geauxst and a few others. I definitely want to try the best, and see if it is worth investing more money in especially if i am vaping my more rarely purchased 'premium' juices.

Porthole

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
very nice, I'm still using a large supply of cotton but this looks interesting

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Mine got here yesterday, approximately 4 hours before Huck got hers ... lol ;)
Nuh uh!! I got mine earlier than I posted, but didn't get to post because a friend of ours came over, so nyuh! o_O

I'm going to have a bit of learning curve with this one. I think I used a tad too much, I've gotten used to rayon. But... so far, the flavor is excellent!

NGAHaze

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Hmm, I'm trying this in a squonker with a small diameter atty ( test started approximately 4 hours before Huck's ... :D ) and so far I'm liking it but it is definitely different than KGD. For one thing, it's quite a bit denser so installing it in your coil is not quite as simple, not difficult mind you, just different.

The flavor appears to be slightly different as well, again probably due to the higher density. The flavor is definitely good but not an exact match to what I perceive with KGD. I've been using KGD for a long time now so it probably isn't too surprising.that the flavor to me is not identical. This isn't necessarily a negative either, I'm still trying to gauge which I prefer.

One thing that I absolutely love is the fact that it is extremely difficult to get a dry hit with this stuff because it doesn't char anywhere near as easily as other cottons. That alone is a major plus in my opinion.

I need to work with this some more and try it in a few other atties but so far, I'd say it's definitely worth trying and I think, a perfect candidate for RDAs due to it's unique characteristics.

Thanks again RTV!!

Last edited:

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
( test started approximately 4 hours before Huck's ... )
I'm watchin' you. o_O

Yes, the density! That might be what I'm having a difficult time with. I can wick it fine, also on a smaller diameter, so far. I really think that using less is going to push it over the edge for me, so I won't give a final say until I've had a bit more time to tinker, and maybe on a larger diameter, as well. It's definitely excellent flavor right now, so I believe that once I get that one issue down, I'll be a huge fan of this. Not that I'm not now, just learning how to use this all over again. I've been using rayon for a year now, I've forgotten the feel of cotton, LOL. Final opinion from me later. I'm still highly appreciative to Native Wicks and to RTV for offering this. It's been fun!!

NGAHaze

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Rut Roe ... I keep forgetting you are a mod. :oops:

You are alway so kind and helpful to everyone, I tend to overlook your multiple badges. ;)

Does that help my case any? :D

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Rut Roe ... I keep forgetting you are a mod. :oops:

You are alway so kind and helpful to everyone, I tend to overlook your multiple badges. ;)

Does that help my case any? :D
LOL, that's just my snarky smartassedness (is too a word!), didn't mean anything by it. And thanks :D

rolltidevaper

Still here! Just covered up with "life"
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
I'm watchin' you. o_O

Yes, the density! That might be what I'm having a difficult time with. I can wick it fine, also on a smaller diameter, so far. I really think that using less is going to push it over the edge for me, so I won't give a final say until I've had a bit more time to tinker, and maybe on a larger diameter, as well. It's definitely excellent flavor right now, so I believe that once I get that one issue down, I'll be a huge fan of this. Not that I'm not now, just learning how to use this all over again. I've been using rayon for a year now, I've forgotten the feel of cotton, LOL. Final opinion from me later. I'm still highly appreciative to Native Wicks and to RTV for offering this. It's been fun!!
Needless to say, I love this stuff. I've only built on 2.5 rods and I use about 1/3 of a width (but I have built with Kanthal, Nickel and Titanium). I've also learned how to cut it so I waste almost none! I think what I like most about it is how long it last. I don't think I've re-wicked one time that I really needed to. It just lasted so long I started thinking, surely it's time to re-wick. :)

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Latest update. I got my wicking set in the 2mm ID, primo flavor - I was using too much. Also got it set up in a 3mm ID. I seriously believe I could reduce the flavoring in my mixes based on this ONE mix. One was wicked last night, one was wicked today. I'll do my best to remember to update on the Changing of the Wicks. I'm going to re-wick another tank soon so I can try a different type of flavor to see how fruits do. The other was bakery.

rolltidevaper

Still here! Just covered up with "life"
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
Latest update. I got my wicking set in the 2mm ID, primo flavor - I was using too much. Also got it set up in a 3mm ID. I seriously believe I could reduce the flavoring in my mixes based on this ONE mix. One was wicked last night, one was wicked today. I'll do my best to remember to update on the Changing of the Wicks. I'm going to re-wick another tank soon so I can try a different type of flavor to see how fruits do. The other was bakery.
It's just clean isn't it? Never thought I'd get so "into" cotton. :)

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
It's just clean isn't it? Never thought I'd get so "into" cotton. :)
I never thought I'd be into most things I'm into now. Wicking materials! Wire!! (seriously?!) Math!! Strangers with candy!! Seriously, though, after I tried rayon, I had no use for cotton. This stuff is honestly REALLY great! I'm a believer. Thanks so much for helping us out here :)

Joshua Iles

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I never thought I'd be into most things I'm into now. Wicking materials! Wire!! (seriously?!) Math!! Strangers with candy!! Seriously, though, after I tried rayon, I had no use for cotton. This stuff is honestly REALLY great! I'm a believer. Thanks so much for helping us out here :)
I've been trying to find a "stranger" with ejuice to make me some, hehe.

VU Sponsors