Become a Patron!

Need a New Tank!

wilderbeast123

Member For 1 Year
Hi guys!

Need some recommendations for my home vaping setup! I am looking for a new tank for great flavour and vapour production. I am currently using the Fireluke 2 tank using the triple mesh coils. I usually vape around 75watts then going down as the coil burns out, usually ending up at about 60watts and then replacing it (I get through 1 coil per week).

If I could get a tank/coil setup that would last me more than a week at a higher wattage then that would be a great perk, but I understand these coils burn out quicker from the high VG and wattage.

Looking for pre build coils, not into the rebuildable thing, I love convenience :D. Thanks all!

Bigrick

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
My wife gets 1+ months @ 85 watts on her og Valarian. I get 1+ months @ 75 watts on my og Crown. The Crown imo is the best sub tank ever made.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I usually vape around 75watts then going down as the coil burns out, usually ending up at about 60watts and then replacing it (I get through 1 coil per week).

Alright, you've a misunderstanding. The coil is not consumed. Why you need to lower your wattage is due to what is called voltage drop. Your battery charge is being consumed, not the coil.

You can recharge your batteries. I like using mods that allow me to buy batteries separately. This way I can use a charger and swap batteries out between mods as needed. Internal battery mods don't allow for that freedom.

You also need to follow a good rule. Always have backups of your backups. That means for one mod I might have six different batteries I'll use for it. Or, I'll swap those six batteries around between three mods. The point being I keep extra batteries on hand.

That lets me charge a set while using a set, let another set rest.
I understand these coils burn out quicker from the high VG and wattage.

If you clean your coil about once a week or so you can keep a coil going for months. It doesn't matter too much regarding VG. Yes, vg does gunk up coils but again it's a matter of cleaning. Remove your wick, do a little "dry" fire pulsing to get rid of gunk.

And there's more to show you if you're willing to learn. Once your coil is clean you can insert fresh wick and be good to go.
Looking for pre build coils, not into the rebuildable thing, I love convenience :D

Well you're picking the briny best of all times for that mate. Actually, I'll steer you learning to build your own coils. You'll start needing too soon as the major postal carriers will not carry vaping supplies after April/May.

No, that's not some urban legend, it's cold fact. So, you can learn to build your own and chance getting wire/mesh for yourself or have no pre-mades. Sorry it's not convenient but it'll be what'll it be.

We in the vaping community have know for years this was in the "pipe". Lots of been stocking up. Some are so so stocked, others aren't. Some can build coils, others cannot. Again, gonna be what it is.

In short you don't need a new tank. You only need to learn to use what you have. There's plenty here in the underground what use the Fireluke 2. Unfortunately, I'm not one. I use RDAs and not tanks.

It's still the same process though. Learn what you have and make best use of it. Not trying to come over as harsh or nasty here.

Last edited:

VU Sponsors