Become a Patron!
So for the second time I bought my wife the teslacigs punk 85W mod, and for the second time the pin connecting the battery got jammed and won’t come back out no matter what I try. Is it safe to put a D-cell battery spring in the negative side to stretch the battery up to make the positive connection? Description of product here: BATTERY SPRING CONTACT, C & D CELLS; Battery Sizes Accepted:C, D; Battery Terminals:Spring; Contact Material:Steel; Contact Plating:Nickel Plated Contacts; Product Range:-; Accessory Type:Spring Contact; For Use With:C / D Batteries ;RoHS Compliant: Yes
I trimmed a bit off the end to make it fit and I can use the larger part or a very small loop of the spring to make it connect and it powers up. Is this safe to do tho, or am I risking an explosion using this method? I’ve emailed the company but they’re located in China I expect no help, no warranty since it’s been 6 months since I bought this second one, or some crazy shipping cost to send it over or something crazy. Any people smarter than me with any information please I’m all ears need help! -Corpus

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
it should work fine.

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
You would maybe be better off taking the mod apart and seeing why it's not coming back down.

The problem with that is all the disassemble videos out there specifically show how the only way to see or get back to the battery holding area is to break the metal that is the mod itself due to the design of it. I’m now convinced they don’t want you to see the battery casing because the pins garbage and this happens to every single one of these mods. It’s impossible to see into the area I need to see into and I couldn’t get needle nose pliers with long enough nose to try to grab and pull it, it’s just too narrow inside. I really thought my spring idea was clever but then I saw a video about exploding mods and I second guessed myself.

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
I think your spring will work.
It's a regulated device and you are using the spring on the negative terminal.

As long as there is no way possible the positive terminal can come in contact with anything that spring is grounded to you will be fine.

Your best bet would be to try it and keep an eye on it for a while just as a test first to see if any unforeseen problems will arise.

dr_rox

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hmm... Some asshat probably designed those battery contacts I bet.
My guess is that the spring at the + end actually passed current, was annealed (lost its spring) due to heating from its resistance and it is now stuck because of that..
Putting that spring in the base will add resistance, albeit negligible.
IMHO, there is a slim possibility she will detect the base getting warm from the spring, but it should not cause the battery any undue stress, but only if if she vapes at high current loads/wattage.

VU Sponsors