Become a Patron!

Need help choosing a mini-box mod and tank.

mercy

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I've been researching my next set up for weeks. My brain hurts :confused: and I'm hoping someone can
shove me in the right direction.

Currently, I SubOhm .5 on a Sieglei 100W+ with a Maganus tank. I rarely push it past 40 W, and I love the
airflow on the tank.

I'm looking for a mini box mod, and tank that produces lots of clouds. I'd like to try Temp Controlled (any thoughts on that feature alone would be appreciated too). I'm also not a fan of clones.

I don't like a "hot" vape and I'm looking for good flavor and cloud production. Mid-price range. I think I'll also like the top-fill tank, and one that holds a lot of juice of course.

I've come up with:

http://www.ecig.com/checkout/cart/
Smok Kooper Mini 60W TC (on sale)
Freemax Starre Pro
Freemax Starre Pro Replacement Ni200 coils ~.15 resistance

Again, it would be my first try at a TC mod. Any advice appreciated on all aspects :)

This is my first post here, please be kind :cool: It's my 4-year vaperversary, and I've spent tons of money at local B&M stores with wayy overpriced items. Time to look for a different way.
another question: Is ecig.com reliable generally fast/normal with shipping time?

Can't thank you enough for your advice. :D

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
f51ac51419740c5bf491092941877067.jpg
I like this power packed 75w little IPVD2.. Has TC mode for both Ni200 and Ti builds as well as power mode.. Single 18650, batt door slides on ball bearings for quick batt swaps but also has a USB port for in mod charging..came with the black silicon sleeve seen here, and the .5 ohm Maganus subtank vapes great at 40w or so.... I've had mine for about 3 mos and its my favorite for driving and out and about..I got it for $45 from 101 Vapes but now I hear they have a upgrade to 80w...good luck on your choice!

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

CorallineAlgae

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I think the Smok Koopor Mini & Freemax Starre Pro would be a pretty good setup. I'd buy the VTC Mini over the Koopor because it also has stainless steel temp control and the VTC screen is much easier to read outside, but the Koopor is a good mod either way. I just got a Starre Pro and it rocks. It isn't perfect though. You need to be careful about the fill adjustment setting on the top, and taking the top off to fill the tank can be tricky. If it's turned the wrong way it will leak. Also, almost none of my drip tips work with it so if you're not a fan of metal drip tips you may be stuck with the stock one (thankfully I like it). That said, the vapor and flavor from the Starre Pro is amazing. It does eat ejuice. That's normal for such a flavorful cloud producing tank. If you can get a good deal on one I'd recommend it.

If you're good at rebuilding you can actually rebuild the normal heads. I just threw a stainless steel coil in a nickel head.

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
IMO, the VTC Mini and the Uwell Crown are a match made in heaven. You'll have to upgrade the Firmware to V2.0, in order to be able to do TC for SS wire. It works perfectly with the Crown Replacement coil, which are made of SS wire.

Zr0

Member For 4 Years
IMO, the VTC Mini and the Uwell Crown are a match made in heaven. You'll have to upgrade the Firmware to V2.0, in order to be able to do TC for SS wire. It works perfectly with the Crown Replacement coil, which are made of SS wire.
I'd second the VTC mini, I freaking love mine. And the Crown runs well on it...it can eat battery power pretty quick though on the VTC. And it's almost ridiculously large on the VTC (buddy of mine was snickering the tank was bigger than the mod)

I use my VTC with a subtank nano when at work or just beating around. I keep the Crown on the Sigelei :)

CorallineAlgae

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The VTC + Crown is also my favorite combo. Also, the Crown is actually quite a bit shorter than the Starre Pro (crazy tall). It might be pricier but it would be a worthy upgrade.

mercy

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Sounds like the VTC and Crown are a fave. Now to find a place to order from, where they are
actually in stock, and from a reputable online store that has decent prices. :eek:
I'm in my 3rd hour of searching. Thank you for your help everyone ~ knocking my selection down to 2 mods and 2 tanks
definitely kicked my brain into working mode again ;)

I also use the evic vtc mini and crown. They are rugged too. I've dropped it a few times and it just has small chips from that

VU Sponsors