Become a Patron!

New to vaping, need some help!

Billy G.

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hello,

Im very new to vaping and could really use some help.

I bought the Innokin iTaste Kroma which is a fine starter kit, but the 2ml slipstream tank is just frustrating! There's an adapter that comes with the kit in order to use other tanks, so I just want to know what kind of tanks could I use? would they all work just fine? of course not. So I just want to know what tank should I use. Would a Smok TFV8 baby beast or TFV8 Big baby beast work on the Kroma? or will the kit explode or something? I saw the big baby beast tank comes with an X4 coil, and the Kroma is 75w max, will this combination work? If not, what should I do exactly? Hope someone replies. Thanks.

SMOKIE

THE MODFATHER
Staff member
VU Senior Leadership
VU Senior Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Live Leadership
Show Host
Reviewer
Vape Media
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
Hello,

Im very new to vaping and could really use some help.

I bought the Innokin iTaste Kroma which is a fine starter kit, but the 2ml slipstream tank is just frustrating! There's an adapter that comes with the kit in order to use other tanks, so I just want to know what kind of tanks could I use? would they all work just fine? of course not. So I just want to know what tank should I use. Would a Smok TFV8 baby beast or TFV8 Big baby beast work on the Kroma? or will the kit explode or something? I saw the big baby beast tank comes with an X4 coil, and the Kroma is 75w max, will this combination work? If not, what should I do exactly? Hope someone replies. Thanks.
They should work depending on the coil ohms that match up to 75 watts. Now I am not sure about that adapter if it trust worthy, but do a search on it to make sure, you do not want any shorts.

Billy G.

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
They should work depending on the coil ohms that match up to 75 watts. Now I am not sure about that adapter if it trust worthy, but do a search on it to make sure, you do not want any shorts.
Hello,

what do u mean by "shorts" exactly? im still not very familiar with all the terms.
and I actually tried both the TFV8 baby beast and big baby beast tanks on the adapter just to see if the mod will recognize it and it did. the screen displayed that a new coil is attached.

SMOKIE

THE MODFATHER
Staff member
VU Senior Leadership
VU Senior Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Live Leadership
Show Host
Reviewer
Vape Media
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
Hello,

what do u mean by "shorts" exactly? im still not very familiar with all the terms.
and I actually tried both the TFV8 baby beast and big baby beast tanks on the adapter just to see if the mod will recognize it and it did. the screen displayed that a new coil is attached.
OK so then your good to go.

Here is some info on shorting out

If your ecigs says ‘Shorted Atomizer’ or something similar its telling you that there is an electrical short that is occurring. When this happens, the built-in protection circuit on a regulated mod will kick in and stop your ecig from working. So, when you press the fire button, it will not vape because there is something wrong. Most of time, the short occurs between the coil and tank and it is nothing to do with the battery or anything else. A short can happen because of a dirty 510 connector, things such as dust or old leaking ejuice can get its way into the connector. This can cause a weak dirty connection causing problems for the ecig mod to communicate with the coil inside the tank. Before you come to conclusion, its essential that you reseat the coil inside the tank, as you might not have screwed it in properly before. If you have checked the coil, or have used another coil and your ecig is still having problems with the short, its best advised to attempt to clean the 510 connector. Wiping it down will clean it and usually resolved most short issues that are related to ecig vaping. This how you clean the 510 connector the proper way. If you are wondering what is it, all it is a technical term used to describe the connector on the top of the mod that the tank screws into.

The best solution to provide a good deep clean is using rubbing alcohol, but most people probably wont have that at home. You can use washing up liquid and water to do the same trick, just remember to dry it off afterwards.

1) Remove the tank from the ecig vape mod.
2) Get a cotton bud, pour one drop of washing up liquid onto one side and dab into water.
3) Swirl around the wet side directly into the connector a couple of times. Also clean the bottom part of the tank as well once you have done that.
4) Use the other remaining dry side of the cotton bud to dry off it off. You don’t want to leave water on the connector as this could cause it to rust. So please wipe it immediately once you have cleaned it.

Thats it you have cleaned the 510 connector on your ecig and hopefully have fixed the short problem on your ecig. Reattach the tank back onto the mod, give it a few seconds to recognise it and hit the fire button.

Cleaning the 510 connectors in most cases fixes this kind of problem with ecigs. If you are still getting a short message on your ecig, then try the tank with another mod. The tanks inside could be worn out causing problems. That way you can distinguish if the tank is now the problem or the mod itself. If require further help fixing your broken ecig let us know and we will get back to you with more info to help you fix it. Keep on vaping.

Billy G.

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
The TFV8 big baby beast tank comes with a 0.15ohm V8 Baby-X4 quadruple coil 30-70W, best 45-60W. Is there a chance this could damage my mod or battery or anything? Also would a 0.4ohm V8 Baby-Q2 Dual Coil 30-80W, best 55-65W work too? The Kroma is 75W 2000mAh. Thanks for ur help.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The adapter should be fine.
However using the baby beast tanks will probably work for at least the 1st half of the battery charge anyway.
May not run one of those tanks very well and certainly not for very long.
Mini mod 2000? mah does not match up well with a beast tank.
Kinda like buying a small truck to haul big heavy things with.
yeah it will probably kinda work for a while....

SMOKIE

THE MODFATHER
Staff member
VU Senior Leadership
VU Senior Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Live Leadership
Show Host
Reviewer
Vape Media
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
  • Minimum Resistance: 0.1ohm
  • Recommend Resistance for TC Mode: Ni200 (0.1 - 0.2ohm), Ti (0.1 - 0.5ohm), SS316L (0.2 - 1.0ohm)
  • Maximum Working Current: 27.5A
  • Maximum Output Voltage: 7.5V

Billy G.

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
The adapter should be fine.
However using the baby beast tanks will probably work for at least the 1st half of the battery charge anyway.
May not run one of those tanks very well and certainly not for very long.
Mini mod 2000? mah does not match up well with a beast tank.
Kinda like buying a small truck to haul big heavy things with.
yeah it will probably kinda work for a while....

I almost bought that TFV8 big baby tank :/ some people are telling me it would work just fine im confused. What do u think i should do? Are there any tanks u would recommend? Thanks.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
some people are telling me it would work just fine im confused. What do u think i should do? Are there any tanks u would recommend? Thanks.

Hey. I do not use many RDTA nor do I use regulated mods, which is what your mod is, regulated. Still, I would suggest you can look here for some RDTA that you might use. You might also want to check out some videos on coil building so you can make coils for your use. You can buy wire for building here. You can get cotton for wick here.

I use RDA on a mechanical mod set up. I also build my own coils. This is probably the largest concern you'll have with using other tanks(RDTA), or RDA on the mod you use. You need to understand Ohm's Law and how it applies in conjunction with Watt Law. This understanding will help you out a great deal in vaping. Sorry if it's a tough learning curve, unlike cigarettes vaping engages its users.

I've compiled a blind list of RDTA that ought to suit your needs below as well. I've no connection to 3F Vapes beyond being an occasional customer there. :)
In short I think if the RDTA you want is what you want to use, it ought to function well enough for you. :) Hopefully, I have not confused you any worse. Take your time coming into vaping, it can be worthwhile for a person, but only if a person chooses letting it be.

ETA: Apologies, do not mean to mislead. I have used regulated mods before and Evod style tanks. I currently, do not use these. Would I do so again? I'm not keen to say never too often, though I may avoid Evod style tanks. :)

Last edited:

mikeyboy74

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Baby Beast with X4, Aspire Cleito with 0.4, or Tobeco Super Tank Mini with 0.5 all vape well around 45-50 watts, leaving some headroom with the 75 watt mod.

I think the 2000 mah might give less than stellar battery life with these sorts of tanks.

If you get a standard size Baby Beast, the X4 coils would be an additional purchase.

You might find you like the T8 coil in the Baby Beast box, and wind up buying a more powerful mod to get full use of it.

Billy G.

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Baby Beast with X4, Aspire Cleito with 0.4, or Tobeco Super Tank Mini with 0.5 all vape well around 45-50 watts, leaving some headroom with the 75 watt mod.

I think the 2000 mah might give less than stellar battery life with these sorts of tanks.

If you get a standard size Baby Beast, the X4 coils would be an additional purchase.

You might find you like the T8 coil in the Baby Beast box, and wind up buying a more powerful mod to get full use of it.
So basically any tank with coils under 75W would be fine?

VU Sponsors