Become a Patron!

Next Generation MTL tanks Part 2

CDroverNL

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Hey CD, how do you like the G2....or do you like the G2???
I'm still trying to tweak it just right. I've been using it in Ni mode with the coil that came with the Bachelor Nano this last few days and it's been great. I've used a couple different builds in XXX mode and still trying to nail it down. I'm also still running 2.4.7 I haven't had a chance to upgrade it yet.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I have one working but I did try a better screwdriver. I emailed eciggity to ask for help.I think they should be aware of the products they are selling. .
Good for you! I had issues with a different vendor that had to deal with issues from a LOT LOT LOT of people. I hope eciggity does something for you. Glad you got the mini working. Man that deck is tiny.

Serpent Mini arrived today. Is it just me, or is that deck kinda strange? Flavor is pretty good, though. Perfect sized tank.

Artemis

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Good for you! I had issues with a different vendor that had to deal with issues from a LOT LOT LOT of people. I hope eciggity does something for you. Glad you got the mini working. Man that deck is tiny.

Serpent Mini arrived today. Is it just me, or is that deck kinda strange? Flavor is pretty good, though. Perfect sized tank.
Hubs built me a mini me work area including this. Stock photo my unit is brown and was free from his workplace. They tossed a lot of these units to go high tech.

20-times-magnifier-lighted-magnifier-desktop.jpg
I can see everything. It does distort at times since I have progressive lens. :)

F

fckaugust8th

Just from the pictures, it looks like the Serpent Mini is another one with too much air flow for a true MTL tank. I've been considering it, but I bought the Gem instead, and glad I did. Now to find a place that sells the glass for it, I broke one last night. The tank has a tiny blip on it but it is ok, the vf classic has 2 divets but still works. Now waiting for the calyx v2.....

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Hubs built me a mini me work area including this. Stock photo my unit is brown and was free from his workplace. They tossed a lot of these units to go high tech.

20-times-magnifier-lighted-magnifier-desktop.jpg
I can see everything. It does distort at times since I have progressive lens. :)
I have a teeeeeeny tiny version of that. It totally gets in my way. I hear ya about the lenses. Pretty sure I need the advanced version now, LOL.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Just from the pictures, it looks like the Serpent Mini is another one with too much air flow for a true MTL tank. I've been considering it, but I bought the Gem instead, and glad I did. Now to find a place that sells the glass for it, I broke one last night. The tank has a tiny blip on it but it is ok, the vf classic has 2 divets but still works. Now waiting for the calyx v2.....
googles show a bunch on fasttech and 3FVape

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
OH, @Brewbear, for the tight MTL, yeah, I'd say the Serpent would be too much. I'd compare it to the airflow of the Merlin, in that case. I suppose it's possible to put something in the airflow hole to restrict it, though.

Nailz

FUCK the FDA
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years

I was tempted till I saw the air hole on the build deck and airflow slots.

Also very disappointed to see the new hurricane mini, the normal hurricane I think is a good MTL tank and can really tighten the airflow with the different hole settings, but now they put huge airflow slots in the side of it, why couldn't they left the airflow selection the same, so good for MTL vapors too, not everyone wants to blow clouds :gaah:

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
That means I'd have to thread the air tube under the coil and then make the air plugs. I'll stick with the kfmini plus....for now
I was wondering if something like an insulator from a Protank might work. Someone used that as a fix on another tank. But yeah, it sucks to have to modify so many tanks for MTLers. Was hoping this year would be the year for MTL tanks.... nope. Mini mods instead.

F

fckaugust8th

I might get another kfv5 and play with the air flow, the MTL kit they're selling seems to be an afterthought.

F

fckaugust8th

Based one the only look I had of the MTL kit for kfv5, they look like the Dremel collets, only smaller.

Nailz

FUCK the FDA
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Busardo looooves anything kayfun.

Wrong, he doesn't love the kayfun V5, was watching his DNA75 video, at the beginning he says the kayfun v5 is not the kayfuns of yesterday, and even though the flavor is good, it is not great like previous kayfuns, and said he is preferring the kabuki now.

I like the kayfun v5's, especially the build deck, but I do think the kayfun mini v3 is slightly better on flavor, probably due to the thinner chimney.

F

fckaugust8th

I didn't see any of Busardo's vidoes in a while but given the air flow in the kfv5, I can see why he's not so enthused by it. The kabuki is a very good flavor MTL tank but a little outdated in the days of top fill tanks. As an entry level MTL tank, the kf mini or mini plus would be my choice for rta and a good kabuki clone for a premade coil tank.
That being said, I am absolutely enamored with the Gem v2, the flavor is outstanding. If the price was more reasonable, I would buy another even though the air flow is a little loose for true MTL. Now, let's see the Calyx v2. The clone should be here in a week or three.:vino:

F

fckaugust8th

Under the heading :just to see if I can! I put a SS 34g wrapped with 38g clapton in the Gem. 2.5 mm ID 6 wraps wicked with Scottish roll. At 1.37 ohms and 11.6 w, I am tasting nuances in my adv juice I couldn't identify clearly before. Now I'll have to try a micro fused clapton.

F

fckaugust8th

It is true the k5 is tall, but this shorter version doesn't change the fact that airflow is still too loose for a real MTL.

Artemis

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I'm a MTL vape person and love the KV3 mini. I like the airflow on it. Of course, I haven't tried the KV5. I just finished building a coil . Building a simple coil is easier than I thought it would be. I really don't think I could get past "simple" on coil building but I'll have my eye out on some Clapton coils.

F

fckaugust8th

If you like the airflow wide open on the KV3 mini, then you'll like the Kv5. The airflow at it's smallest setting one K5, is still a little loose for my liking.

Artemis

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I'm on my first tank with the airflow set at 4 dots. I love this thing. I built my coil to high at 1.76 but it will work. Still working on the coil making.

CDroverNL

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I'm on my first tank with the airflow set at 4 dots. I love this thing. I built my coil to high at 1.76 but it will work. Still working on the coil making.
Before you know it you'll be making fused claptons. Look up Grimm greens video on them...easy pezy

KingLouie

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Damn, i just realized that athena has another built in battery.. looks like im still saving up for an Xvostick. Although i cant remember exactly what it was- the Xvostick has been on my wishlist for awhile, but i remember stubling upon something that made me hesistant.. i forgot what that was though, and i want one again. Lol.

I cant find ONE stealth device that is regulated(with a good chip) accepts 22mm atomizers and takes 18650:(
Preferably with replaceable part, but im only dreaming here

ToolmanTexas

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Damn, i just realized that athena has another built in battery.. looks like im still saving up for an Xvostick. Although i cant remember exactly what it was- the Xvostick has been on my wishlist for awhile, but i remember stubling upon something that made me hesistant.. i forgot what that was though, and i want one again. Lol.

I cant find ONE stealth device that is regulated(with a good chip) accepts 22mm atomizers and takes 18650:(
Preferably with replaceable part, but im only dreaming here
Xvostick clone is on FT, there have been some issues so read the reviews.

Athena has a model with external battery, I'll see if can find a link.

Eleaf Pico is my choice for stealth and takes anb18650.

Hana mod one is a model w DNA 40 for $20.

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Athena has the envy 22 plus with a removable 18650 and soon to be released athena pride with a 18650/26650 and dna 75w chip in it.

CDroverNL

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Athena has the envy 22 plus with a removable 18650 and soon to be released athena pride with a 18650/26650 and dna 75w chip in it.
You changed your name!?
How you finding the slice?

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Something happened late yesterday and several accounts got messed up. It's the same ol' me with a new name. ...for now:vino:
The Slice is a great mod but I have the feeling they rushed to put it on the shelves. It is a little clicky, the battery lid is just a little wobbly. Definitely not the greatest fitted parts, but if you can get over it, like I did, it is worth it. It is one of the two or three mods I have with me all day.
I just received my vapor flask classic 3 days ago and now I see the dna133 version out:cuss2: I have to get one of them, I love the form on the flasks.

CDroverNL

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Something happened late yesterday and several accounts got messed up. It's the same ol' me with a new name. ...for now:vino:
The Slice is a great mod but I have the feeling they rushed to put it on the shelves. It is a little clicky, the battery lid is just a little wobbly. Definitely not the greatest fitted parts, but if you can get over it, like I did, it is worth it. It is one of the two or three mods I have with me all day.
I just received my vapor flask classic 3 days ago and now I see the dna133 version out:cuss2: I have to get one of them, I love the form on the flasks.
That kind of thing don't really bother me much. The battery door on my balrog has been taped into place now for a few weeks. Besides, by the time I get around to ordering one, I would say the bus will be ironed out.

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon

VU Sponsors