Become a Patron!

No longer for sale due to the users of this forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

jamtwo

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Selling a Kangertech Subtank Mini. I just bought this yesterday, I've ran about 3 tanks through. I've used the .5 ohm coil but I will buy a new one for the buyer before it ships. It will include everything it did new, packaging, both .5 ohm coil and 1.2 ohm coil, RBA base, everything. I'll post pictures later if needed once I'm home from work. Looking for $40. Shipping is free.

RZAwora

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I don't mean to intrude on your sale, and good luck selling it, but you do know that a Subtank Mini can be had for under $30 including shipping right? Might want to lower the price if you are serious about selling it.

jamtwo

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I am serious about selling it, and through 3 pages of Google searching, everything I see is 35-40 and I paid 43 less than 24 hours ago, so I'll keep it before losing 10 dollars or more on it. But I appreciate the good luck.

just saw this

is that ebay link coming up for you guys?

Last edited by a moderator:

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I just ordered one for less than $30 shipped....sounds like you paid too much for it, sadly!

jamtwo

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Okay, hate to come off rude here, but if you're not interested in buying this, then you really don't need to be posting in this thread.

RZAwora

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Relax bud, don't shoot the messenger. @AmandaD and I are around these forums a lot more than you from the looks of it for one. For two, we are welcome to post wherever we would like. For three, both her and I were really just trying to help you out. If you want to keep the damn tank, keep it...if you want to sell it, you're going to have to lower the price IMO. Nobody in their right mind is going to buy a used Subtank Mini for $40 from a fairly new/inactive forum member when you can get a brand new one for <$30 shipped from a reputable source. Also, you stated yourself "3 pages of Google searching, everything I see is 35-40," if a brand new one is 35-40, then why the hell would you ask $40 for your used one? Maybe only 24 hours old, and only 3 tanks ran through it, but nonetheless...USED. Take it for what it's worth @jamtwo we're just looking to help you out...if you really want to get rid of it, lower the price...otherwise, keep it...I and AmandaD could really care less either way. Best of luck in whatever you do...
Lastly, there aren't many rules on VU...but there is one...you need to post a picture of the item you're trying to sell. Have a good day man...like I said, don't punish the messenger(s).

VapedCrusader

Custard Junkie
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Relax bud, don't shoot the messenger. @AmandaD and I are around these forums a lot more than you from the looks of it for one. For two, we are welcome to post wherever we would like. For three, both her and I were really just trying to help you out. If you want to keep the damn tank, keep it...if you want to sell it, you're going to have to lower the price IMO. Nobody in their right mind is going to buy a used Subtank Mini for $40 from a fairly new/inactive forum member when you can get a brand new one for <$30 shipped from a reputable source. Also, you stated yourself "3 pages of Google searching, everything I see is 35-40," if a brand new one is 35-40, then why the hell would you ask $40 for your used one? Maybe only 24 hours old, and only 3 tanks ran through it, but nonetheless...USED. Take it for what it's worth @jamtwo we're just looking to help you out...if you really want to get rid of it, lower the price...otherwise, keep it...I and AmandaD could really care less either way. Best of luck in whatever you do...
Lastly, there aren't many rules on VU...but there is one...you need to post a picture of the item you're trying to sell. Have a good day man...like I said, don't punish the messenger(s).

Well said - I just paid 28$ a few days ago - you can get the full sized subtank for 40$ or less now too..

And sorry OP - people can post wherever they want - it's not for you to decide that

mike-c

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Whoa people, this guy has every right to ask what ever he wants for that tank. Some people like to learn the hard way and it's best we let them. No sense being hateful.

@jamtwo it really would be best if you posted a picture when you are able. This is a very relaxed forum, but he is right about that "rule". Have a great day and good luck recouping your investment!

VapedCrusader

Custard Junkie
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Whoa people, this guy has every right to ask what ever he wants for that tank. Some people like to learn the hard way and it's best we let them. No sense being hateful.

@jamtwo it really would be best if you posted a picture when you are able. This is a very relaxed forum, but he is right about that "rule". Have a great day and good luck recouping your investment!

How were they being HATEFUL?

This was RZA's post: I don't mean to intrude on your sale, and good luck selling it, but you do know that a Subtank Mini can be had for under $30 including shipping right? Might want to lower the price if you are serious about selling it.

Seems pretty nice to me?

jamtwo

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I didn't say you can't post, bud, I said you really don't need to. This is a for sale ad, not a bicker about my price ad. I paid what I paid and I'm asking what I'm asking, and if it doesn't sell here, that's none of your concern, I didn't ask for your help or anyone else's, did I? I've seen 3-4 sell on here and another vaping forum for the same price I'm asking, so I guess none of us are in our right mind. And lastly, judging by your language in your last post, you're the only one here needing to relax.

jamtwo

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
And I clearly stated in my very first post, I'm at work right now and will put a photo up when I'm home tonight.

I can ask $100 for this if I so choose, why does anyone on here care?

mike-c

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I understand that it's impossible to read a "tone of voice" when reading text, but I took his second post to be rather hateful actually. There really is no need in that.

mike-c

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Besides, I paid $14 for my subtank mini. That doesn't reflect on anyone else's sanity at all.

vape.queen

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Besides, I paid $14 for my subtank mini. That doesn't reflect on anyone else's sanity at all.
When I used a subtank mini, I got mine for $20 brand new. Price is subjective. As long as he cleans it out really well, and its in excellent condition, more power to him of he can get his asking price. I would go to the trading post, personally, and see if I could get a good trade :)

jamtwo

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I appreciate the support, I really didn't think anyone was going to get offended because something can be found cheaper. Sorry for upsetting you all so much.

jamtwo

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
How were they being HATEFUL?

This was RZA's post: I don't mean to intrude on your sale, and good luck selling it, but you do know that a Subtank Mini can be had for under $30 including shipping right? Might want to lower the price if you are serious about selling it.

Seems pretty nice to me?
Did you read his second post? He started off telling me to relax right before he went all Ike Turner.

mike-c

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I appreciate the support, I really didn't think anyone was going to get offended because something can be found cheaper. Sorry for upsetting you all so much.

No offense taken on my end man, just like to try to keep the peace.

RZAwora

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Did you read his second post? He started off telling me to relax right before he went all Ike Turner.
I told you to relax because you started telling people what they need to do and not need to do, and where they can or can not post, like you own the place or something. "Okay, hate to come off rude here, but if you're not interested in buying this, then you really don't need to be posting in this thread."
Fact is, that was a rude comment...you even recognized that yourself, "hate to come off rude here," just because you "hate to come off" that way makes it acceptable? Fuck no...not in my book, and who the hell are you telling her or I that we do not need to be posting in this thread? You could have simply replied, "Well hey I paid more than that, so I'm looking for the next sucker who wants to overpay. Thanks for pointing out the obvious though." However you decided to be rude about it...even though you "hated" to do it. Anyway I wasn't trying to be ignorant before, and I thought I was just trying to help you get rid of the tank... you took it to a whole new level. I hope you drop it on the ground and break the glass!

RZAwora

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years

@mike-c I don't know where in my post you got that I told him he couldn't sell his tank for that price, or where I told him he can't ask that much? I was trying to help the dude out in selling his tank by pointing out some useful information.

jamtwo

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I told you to relax because you started telling people what they need to do and not need to do, and where they can or can not post, like you own the place or something. "Okay, hate to come off rude here, but if you're not interested in buying this, then you really don't need to be posting in this thread."
Fact is, that was a rude comment...you even recognized that yourself, "hate to come off rude here," just because you "hate to come off" that way makes it acceptable? Fuck no...not in my book, and who the hell are you telling her or I that we do not need to be posting in this thread? You could have simply replied, "Well hey I paid more than that, so I'm looking for the next sucker who wants to overpay. Thanks for pointing out the obvious though." However you decided to be rude about it...even though you "hated" to do it. Anyway I wasn't trying to be ignorant before, and I thought I was just trying to help you get rid of the tank... you took it to a whole new level. I hope you drop it on the ground and break the glass!
Well that's a mature response to the situation. I didn't tell anyone where they can or can not post, regardless of whatever you're reading, I said if you're not interested in buying it, then you don't need to post in my thread, which is a fact, there is no point in posting in a for sale thread just to say "you're asking too much". I don't think I own any place by the way, and you don't either. Now that you've dropped the f bomb on me though, all I have to say is put on your big boy pants and see your way out. Oh, and if I do drop it and break the glass, I guess it's a good thing it came with an extra.

RZAwora

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Do you think your initial comments to the lady and I were of a mature level? Does the price go up to $45 if it's missing a glass piece?

jamtwo

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yes, I do actually. Why does it matter what I'm asking? I can ask whatever I want. I don't really care what you think, or about any advice you want to give, because I didn't ask for it. What is the point of going on someone else's thread just to tell them they are asking too much? There isn't one. If you don't like it just move along, you're acting like the classifieds gestapo and it's annoying as hell. And you can crack as many jokes as you want, I'm not a sucker for paying what I did, I bought it in store, and anyone with an IQ above 40 knows you will always pay a little bit more in store, to me it's worth it to put my money back into local economy.

jamtwo

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Do you think your initial comments to the lady and I were of a mature level? Does the price go up to $45 if it's missing a glass piece?
What the fuck is your problem? Why do you insist on commenting over and over? Get a life man, you're pathetic.

RZAwora

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So anyways...
I don't have a problem, and I already have a life...a quite enjoyable one at that. You can think I'm pathetic and that means absolutely nothing to me because you mean nothing to me...that simple. In my eyes you're the one who is in the wrong here...I posted here with good intentions only to have you basically say "I hate to be rude but fuck you and don't post here." Think about it...from the person who joined a fucking month ago and made 20 posts...fuck off and go back to ECF or wherever the hell you came from dipshit. Go @jamtwo fingers up your ass and rotate.

jamtwo

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Whatever man, you obviously have some problems you need to work out in your head. You didn't post with good intentions at all, and your last few posts are evidence enough of that. And yes, I did join up to ECF first, so what. I didn't know you had the keys to the holy vape underground, I'm sorry boss man, I'll obey your rules from now on, what should I price this?

6f2cc197469eb72451953b49eb06798a.jpg

That's all you right there buddy.

Spike64

Vapemail Stalker
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm sorry boss man, I'll obey your rules from now on, what should I price this?

Before you continue to try to sell the item at any price, you might actually listen to at least part of the advice given here and post a pic of the tank as "proof of life" as is required...it's one of the very few rules here...

Other than that, GLWYS...

jamtwo

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Okay, for the third time, I'm working, I plan on posting a picture after work.

mike-c

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I guess you just can't rationalize with some people. If everyone understood the bill of rights as well as proper manners there would be a lot less bickering like this.

I didn't really want to point it out, but jumping on a guys thread and telling him he's asking too much is actually doing two things. First, no matter how nicely you say it it's still rude. Second, you're insulting the guy's intelligence by assuming that he is too dumb to realize what the "going" price is. Which is why it's rude in the first place. Now, I could see the need in it if this post had gone on for a month with no takers.

Several people assume that other people are familiar with the art of negotiation. Therefore, they ask a little more for an item they are trying to sell and deal with lower offers as they see fit. Maybe that's what jamtwo was trying to do here. Just saying.

trlrtrash13

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Hell, I've seen guys selling new devices on here for retail +$4 and openly admitting in the thread that the price is higher so that their device will be free and they are selling them, so who knows? Maybe it will sell.

That having been said, I believe you said you bought it at a local shop? I can get paying more for walk in and have it now. I've done that too. It's unlikely that someone else is going to pay that much to wait for it in the mail. Good luck with it though.
TT

jamtwo

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I guess you just can't rationalize with some people. If everyone understood the bill of rights as well as proper manners there would be a lot less bickering like this.

I didn't really want to point it out, but jumping on a guys thread and telling him he's asking too much is actually doing two things. First, no matter how nicely you say it it's still rude. Second, you're insulting the guy's intelligence by assuming that he is too dumb to realize what the "going" price is. Which is why it's rude in the first place. Now, I could see the need in it if this post had gone on for a month with no takers.

Several people assume that other people are familiar with the art of negotiation. Therefore, they ask a little more for an item they are trying to sell and deal with lower offers as they see fit. Maybe that's what jamtwo was trying to do here. Just saying.
You hit the nail on the head with your last statement Mike-c. Anyone who has ever sold anything knows you start at the price you want to get, if you get it, great, if you get offers, you deal with them as they come in.

The fact is, two people jumping in here, that have no interest in buying in the first place, voicing the opinion that a. I'm asking too much and b. I "sadly" overpaid, is completely unnecessary, and uncalled for. Now, had it gone several days, weeks, ect. and I said "can anyone here please tell me why this isn't selling?" the opinions would have been welcomed with open arms. But that was not the case, not in the least. I'm sorry if the two people that posted first were so horribly offended because I simply said their posts were not needed, but your weaknesses are far from my problem.

What I'm really surprised to see, is another member of a vaping community cussing me out over a forum, and even going to the childish length to say "well I hope you drop it and it breaks", the only thing missing from that sentence is "so there! na na na na boo boo". Grow up. I don't need advice, least of all from someone who with their 290 something posts, in most forums would be considered very new still, acting like some kind of mod or something.

In any case, I'm definitely taking a break from this forum, never thought I'd see the day when someone who's not even interested in buying what I'm selling has the gall to cuss me out over the price I'm asking. At least 90% of people on ECF are respectful enough not to call one another a dipshit. Thanks for that though, you east coast folks are so pleasant it's sometimes hard to believe.

trlrtrash13

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Thanks for that though, you east coast folks are so pleasant it's sometimes hard to believe.
Lol. Wtf? Yeah, we're crazy like that on the east coast. Must be the air coming in off the Atlantic that makes us believe silly stuff like a used item is less valuable than a new one.

For the record, I found this post while checking for a deal before buying another SubTank mini. See if someone had one so cheap I couldn't pass on. I had already checked the 5 vendors I use regularly and this one was $4 bucks more than the highest price of all of them. I can understand leaving room for negotiation, but I didn't bother making an offer because I beat the price by $10.01 for a brand new one without having to negotiate.

jamtwo

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Lol. Wtf? Yeah, we're crazy like that on the east coast. Must be the air coming in off the Atlantic that makes us believe silly stuff like a used item is less valuable than a new one.

For the record, I found this post while checking for a deal before buying another SubTank mini. See if someone had one so cheap I couldn't pass on. I had already checked the 5 vendors I use regularly and this one was $4 bucks more than the highest price of all of them. I can understand leaving room for negotiation, but I didn't bother making an offer because I beat the price by $10.01 for a brand new one without having to negotiate.

I don't really know what you want from me, or what you're trying to accomplish in stirring things up again. Can you please just leave it alone, I'm just trying to make back some of what I spent on this, and you're all getting so butthurt that it's 5 bucks more than one online.

Let me let you in on a little secret, anything you ever buy, anything at all, can always be had cheaper, always. So what is the point in continuing to harass me about this? Do you guys need a picture of the price tag or something? I never said something used is worth more than new, that's obviously not true, but I can't be held responsible for the current market. The last 3-4 of these I saw sell on here and ECF were all selling for 37-40 dollars, so I figured out was an okay starting point. Sue me.

Thanks for flogging a dead horse though, this hadn't gone on long enough without you chiming in saying the exact same thing.

Last edited:

trlrtrash13

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Hell, I said it was your prerogative to set the price. Then you made your comment about us east coasters being so pleasant. My point is that while we might not be pleasant, we are also not stupid. And posting a picture of a receipt won't make us go stupid either. My unwillingness to get hosed on this device isn't based on skepticism about you getting hosed. I believe that you did, I'm just not willing to take the screw job you signed up for. I'm good.

Now as to responsibility, who should be responsible for the fact that you overpaid or, as you put it, the market turned on you? Fact is, I saw a vendor with the SubTank mini for $5 less than I paid, but I've never used them so I went with one I already have an account with. If I go to sell it though, I will be aware that people can get these for $25 and price it accordingly. Meaning less, not more. Ya know, in case you were wondering. I won't expect someone else to pay for my choice of vendors.
TT

jamtwo

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Okay, you know what, if a mod exists on this bullshit forum, take this ad down and I just won't sell it. It's a hell of a lot better to keep it than try to explain the same thing over and over to a bunch a idiots.

And trlrtrash13, you're in Tennessee, which is not the east coast, go look at a goddamn map.

Fuck this forum, this thread is closed, fucking assholes.

VapedCrusader

Custard Junkie
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Okay, you know what, if a mod exists on this bullshit forum, take this ad down and I just won't sell it. It's a hell of a lot better to keep it than try to explain the same thing over and over to a bunch a idiots.

And trlrtrash13, you're in Tennessee, which is not the east coast, go look at a goddamn map.

Fuck this forum, this thread is closed, fucking assholes.

SEE YAH :)

Hey! it's just Ray...

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years

BenJammin

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I don't have a problem, and I already have a life...a quite enjoyable one at that. You can think I'm pathetic and that means absolutely nothing to me because you mean nothing to me...that simple. In my eyes you're the one who is in the wrong here...I posted here with good intentions only to have you basically say "I hate to be rude but fuck you and don't post here." Think about it...from the person who joined a fucking month ago and made 20 posts...fuck off and go back to ECF or wherever the hell you came from dipshit. Go @jamtwo fingers up your ass and rotate.
Great ending there! :D:cool:;)

Spike64

Vapemail Stalker
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
LMAO....maybe someone on ECF, where he still has it listed will buy his used tank for higher than new product retail price...doubt it though...they just aren't allowed to tell him its priced too high there...I think his best bet is to trade it for something else...

jamtwo

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Wow, nice to see such a close knit community...

All I was trying to do was sell something, and it has to end like that? Clearly this is not a very welcoming forum.

BenJammin

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Wow, nice to see such a close knit community...

All I was trying to do was sell something, and it has to end like that? Clearly this is not a very welcoming forum.
From what I can see (since you deleted all your comments) I feel that @RZAwora was in the right and by no means meant for this thread to head the direction it did... Granted @mike-c did nothing to help, but at first I sincerely feel that RZA and @AmandaD were just trying to save you the time of having it posted at that price with no one responding to it... Simple as that...

jamtwo

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
From what I can see (since you deleted all your comments) I feel that @RZAwora was in the right and by no means meant for this thread to head the direction it did... Granted @mike-c did nothing to help, but at first I sincerely feel that RZA and @AmandaD were just trying to save you the time of having it posted at that price with no one responding to it... Simple as that...
RZA made his first post 1-2 hours after I posted the ad. If it had been a week and there were no responses I would understand more, but after an hour? That's a little early, don't you think?

BenJammin

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
RZA made his first post 1-2 hours after I posted the ad. If it had been a week and there were no responses I would understand more, but after an hour? That's a little early, don't you think?
Honestly? No. If I would have seen it the second you posted it I probably would have tried to say something as well... it's one thing for you to get more money than it's worth, but With the VU being as close nit as it is (I know you prolly don't see this at this moment) I would hate for someone who didn't do their research first to get ripped off by anyone let alone the new guy. Aside from that, there's the fact that if someone wanted what you were selling they would either A. know what it is and how much they can get a brand new one for or B. go and do a simple google search for it and see what it's worth, so therefore again, just trying to save you the time.

freemind

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years

Nothing he said was untrue. You priced the atty at MUCH more than a new one is, with a good vape company. You got suckered, or taken. People here tend to be pretty sharp when it comes to pricing of stuff. You took offense, rather than looking at it like constructive criticism.

Ya kinda made yourself out to be foolish, and no one KNOWS you. So you're right people were hard on you after your hissy fit.

jamtwo

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Alright, there is honestly no point in reasoning with anyone here, I've stated my case, but apparently everyone here is just set on me being wrong. Sorry I was so offensive to you all, I wasn't trying to rip anyone off, I was just basing my price off of what I've seen them sell for and what I paid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VU Sponsors