Become a Patron!

No one saw today's article? The FDA stood down, big time!!!

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
No, didn't see it... clouds everywhere.

IMG_2241.jpg

xpen

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Too long, just skimmed it.. looks good, yet I still don't trust these guys... What's wrong with me..

32bitlord

TPD Compliant
VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
This is great! I'm happy for all my American buddies here in the forums. Here in the UK things are a little more liberal towards vaping, with some of our more recent regulations being reassessed once we no longer have to follow EU regulations. People in the right places are starting to notice the dramatic drops in smoking illnesses and deaths which was previously accredited to the smoking ban some years ago. It seems that vaping here is now slowly starting to get some of the deserved credit which many would not like to think is a much bigger contributor than has previously been admitted.
Unfortunately politicians can never fully be trusted so I'll keep my fingers crossed for you guys and hopefully we will also see a relaxing of our recent TPD policies in the coming years. It's still a new and misunderstood technology for which has prolonged many of our lives however eventually in the future the figures and proof will speak for itself and scaremongering will hopefully stop altogether. Let's put an end to vapeism.

Sent from my Apple Newton using Tapatalk

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Talking out of both sides of their mouth. I don't trust them or the government, for that matter.

Totally with ya. Anything that anyone in the gov't says, I just nod and say "Yeah, tell me another." They wouldn't know the truth if it bit 'em on the ass.

It seems really asinine to concentrate a lot of effort against "the evils of nicotine," since, as we all pretty much have figured out, if we've been vaping non-smokers for a few years or more, nicotine is the VERY LEAST of the problem, and probably the least harmful thing you can get from a cigarette! :facepalm:

I wanna hear them start talking about "the evils of alcohol," in really serious terms. It's one hell of a lot more harmful than nicotine, I don't care who ya are.

Andria

Rossum

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
It seems really asinine to concentrate a lot of effort against "the evils of nicotine,"
I don't interpret this move that way. It's more like that FDA has (correctly) concluded that inhaling actual smoke from combustibles is what's evil, while accepting that some of us are unwilling to give up out nic. So the idea is to make smoking unattractive and let us get our (nearly harmless) nic some other way. I think this might be a pretty good strategy, but of course the devil is in the details, which have yet to be developed.

I wanna hear them start talking about "the evils of alcohol," in really serious terms. It's one hell of a lot more harmful than nicotine, I don't care who ya are.
We've been there and done that, about 100 years ago. It didn't work out too well. People will consume what they want (and someone will supply it) no matter what the any do-gooders tell them.

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I don't interpret this move that way. It's more like that FDA has (correctly) concluded that inhaling actual smoke from combustibles is what's evil, while accepting that some of us are unwilling to give up out nic. So the idea is to make smoking unattractive and let us get our (nearly harmless) nic some other way. I think this might be a pretty good strategy, but of course the devil is in the details, which have yet to be developed.

Right... but it seems that they're still falling for the "nicotine is more addictive than DRUGS!" kind of thinking, and nothing could be further from the truth. The cigarette-smoking habit as a whole, yes, definitely more addictive than "DRUGS!" but not that one chemical, not at all. I hate to see an agency which is supposed to be about SCIENCE and FACT, falling for ANTZ mythology; it plays into their hands too conveniently, and allows ignorant people to run around spouting ignorant nonsense.

We've been there and done that, about 100 years ago. It didn't work out too well. People will consume what they want (and someone will supply it) no matter what the any do-gooders tell them.

I wasn't advocating a Prohibition Redux; back then, it seemed to have more to do with morality and religion than health or science, and of course addiction has nothing to do with character, morality, or religion. But I'd like to see them stating CLEARLY what alcohol does to the body and the brain, as they've been doing with cigarettes for a couple decades now. Or, you know that commercial about cigarettes where the pretty young girl has to start peeling off her skin to pay for the cigarettes? Let's see that pretty young girl after a decade or two of swilling alcohol -- it will be even less pretty! Or maybe playing Russian roulette about whether or not drinking will lead her to become an alcoholic. Approx 10 percent of the population, after all.... but it's impossible to know with one's first or second drink, if that outcome is inevitable or not.

Andria

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Totally with ya. Anything that anyone in the gov't says, I just nod and say "Yeah, tell me another." They wouldn't know the truth if it bit 'em on the ass.

It seems really asinine to concentrate a lot of effort against "the evils of nicotine," since, as we all pretty much have figured out, if we've been vaping non-smokers for a few years or more, nicotine is the VERY LEAST of the problem, and probably the least harmful thing you can get from a cigarette! :facepalm:

Andria
It doesn't even take a few years or more. I am smoke free for six months, and I can now go without vaping for at least a couple hours without getting any real cravings (used to be little more than half an hour, which was a problem for me because vaping indoors at work is not allowed so at first I kept running outside like twelve times per day and couldn't explain to the extremist slave driver it's because I quit smoking and because how vaping works so had to basically just ignore the fucker like usual), whereas when I was still smoking the serious cravings and heavy stress symptoms would already occur within less than one hour of going without a cigarette, and I couldn't even climb two staircases without gasping for breath.

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
the devil is in the details,

^^^^this!

Lots of things I am not seeing in this policy shift:

Revision of the 2007 grandfather date for vape products
What they actually mean by implementing safety standards
Also UNDEEMING vape gear as tobacco

And they think they can reduce smoking addiction by reducing nicotine in combustible cigarettes :facepalm:

Last edited:

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Could also be part of a plan to distract the media because this move is getting a lot of attention right now, but in two weeks time all the dust will have settled so that's when hardly anybody is going to notice they will then try to sneak in new toxic regulations getting them silently approved... same thing has happened on several occasions in the lobby against online piracy.

VU Sponsors