Become a Patron!
So I'm rather new to this unregulated series hybrid mod. I absolutely love it! Although..I'm sure I could do better build wise, but I'm kinda limited at the moment to 24g kanthal.
With the NC I've learned that in order to achieve the results I'd like, that you need to build to the batteries. Well here's the thing guys. I've never used these batteries before, so I really would appreciate the suggestions!
I guess what I'm thing to get at is what's too low to ohm at with these and also what's too high? Or what's a perfect resistance to chuck clouds and still get awesome flavor?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    935.1 KB · Views: 33

Pancho_Brown

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
With a noisy cricket you get great flavor and vapor building in the .6 - .8 range
The lowest I would ever go with it would be .4 and even then the vape will be a mighty warm one.

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
It depends on how you like to vape really, most like it in the .6-.9 Ohm range...I like it around .35-.45 Ohms...but I like a hotter vape then most would enjoy.
I would suggest trying some 2x26K/38N80 Fused Claptons with 8 Wraps/3mm ID.

Here's the last few builds I did for mine:
20160221_132414.jpg 20160220_172228.jpg 20160222_132542.jpg 20160221_132445.jpg

Make sure your using some decent batteries, I suggest some Samsung 25R's, LG HE2/4's or HB2/6's...I dont trust VTC series being sold unless its from Liionwholesale.com or IMRBatteries.com, they test a handful of every shipment of batteries to make sure they are authentic.
Those Hohm Tech Batteries are Really 20a CD...
Ill leave the Battery Chart for you so you can see the Manufacturers specs and then real world tested spec's from our very own Mooch. Open it in a new tab and save it for future viewing!!

Attachments

• Battery Chart.jpg
    Battery Chart.jpg
    583.8 KB · Views: 30
Last edited:

greencow

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Been rocking a dual 9 wrap, 2.4mm ID clapton, 26/34 kanthal, clocks in around .45-.5 ohm. Sitting on a velocity, powered by samsung 25r's. It's awesome, nice, dense warm vape. I might try again with a 3mm ID wrap, just to see if it'll last a bit longer between dripping, but as it is right now, I love it. It's become my ADV.

VU Sponsors