Become a Patron!

NOOB HERE! HELP!

Jonny.87

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hi,

Some friends and I have decided to try and make juice ourselves.. my only concern is the nicotine safety. What are things to avoid and some suggestions on how to handle it? I've heard wear gloves but is it really that serious?

another thing is what would you suggest for how to mix these.. in 30ML bottles? or bigger bottles? this will be our first time trying this

Jonny.87

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
no pets or kids.. only gonna get a small bottle of nicotine, obviously it is serious but I just watched a tutorial and the guy handling the bottle wasn't wearing any protection. just my question is how to handle a small bottle of it? gloves?goggles? what tools do I need to use it?

OBDave

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The best thing is to get a mixing calculator app - there are a bunch out there, I use eJuiceMeUp because it's simple and was the hot ticket when I first started. You plug in your nic strength, your intended finished nic strength, how much you want to make and what flavors you want to use, and it kicks back with how much of each ingredient to add. Can't get more basic.

If you're working with 100 mg nic, though, gloves are definitely a nice addition - and don't stick your nose in a straight nicotine bottle. Do that, and mix with your bottles on a baking pan or something to contain spills and you should be good...

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Shake the bottle extremely well every time you mix with it.
Is it in a PG or VG base?
What strength is the nicotine? Gloves are a safer bet, especially with the higher concentratations.
Are you using an ejuice calculator to determine how much to use and to determine the ratios of flavoring to add?
Will you be mixing by weight or by volume?

You can mix up any size you want that works best for you.

Jonny.87

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
we are thinking of making it 70VG 30PG or 80VG 20PG. 3mg strength. most likely an e juice calculator ! and what do you mean by weight/volume?

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
You asked about other tools, so, If you mix by weight, you'll need scale that measures to 0.01 If you mix by volume, you'll need syringes with blunt tip needles to measure required amounts.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
When I was mixing with syringes, I bought 3, 1ml, 3, 3ml and 2, 5ml syringes. It was quite a while before I needed to purchase more. Depending on how much nicotine you end up purchasing, large quantities are, by most DIYers, split up into smaller glass bottles and stored in the freezer (though I know you have. or are ordering, a small bottle now).

Chrispdx

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I think most of the areas were answered. Check out those links above. They are a great resource.
Mad for the only topic not answer led was bottle size. Size depends on preferance.

For test mixes I like the 15ml bottles. Seems to be my sweet spot. I know a lot of folks will mix 10ml batches for testing or even smaller amount of juice. For me, I like 15 because when I test the juice I may vape 2-5mls (I use a sub ohm tank)That leaves me enough in the bottle to test at later dates. Or if I want to add more flavoring I have enough volumn left over to do so and achieve repeatable results (take notes and do the math...just randomly adding drops makes it tough to repeate). If i fall in love right away 15ml is enough to satisfy me for alittle while until I can make 30-60ml.

However, for some of the custard mixes I have moved towards the 30ml testing just because sometimes they need more age/steeping time. (Some recommend 3-8weeks). And if I get something I love 15ml is not enough to vape and then wait again.

VU Sponsors