NOT a WTB or WTS but warning

Tornadoalleydeb

Vaping whilst slaying dragons in the land of Tyria
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Okay so no clue where I should put this.....................Vaping related yes, but not sure what category. So what's the deal with IMR Batteries anyway. I ordered a charger (and a 21700 battery) on the 12th of Oct and STILL I don't have it. All it says is in transit. Oh ya? I contact IMR and they say something about having to ship battery a "special" way so maybe it will take longer??? WTH. I never had this crap with RTD. I should have just gotten a charger from RTD or Lighting Vapes! My current charger went on the fritz and I am so not comfortable charging in the mod. Great so now I'm out $30 as I don't think IMR is gonna do a darn thing about it. Ya, I'm whining.......Anyway, wanted to see if anyone else had issues with this place ever.

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I always use Liion wholesale in the states. Not sure where you're located but less than 5 days most times and it's in a priority box with a sticker that says contains batteries. No other difference than Shipping of a mod except a sticker

Sent from my LM-Q610(FGN) using Tapatalk

Syythe

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I have had similar issues with IMR. Took them around 10 days to process my order before shipping. Then took forever to be received by usps after IMR claimed it was shipped. I stopped using them. I make all my battery purchases through 18650batterystore.com now. They are MUCH quicker. My last 3 orders from them was same day processing and shipping. I have not had a package take more than 3 days to arrive at my door, from the time of ordering. They also have better prices too.

Tornadoalleydeb

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Well thanks for the suggestions of the other places. In the past I have always used RTD and never had a problem like this. I'm in Nevada by the way and IMR is in Texas. This is kinds crap imo. Worst is they don't seem to care. Nothing i can really do about it now. Next month I will get that Xtar V4 I think it's called as it says 21700's are no problem. Just makes me mad to have flushed $30 grrrr

Tornadoalleydeb

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Well, it says it actually shipped the 15th so tomorrow will be 2 weeks. Should it take longer than that?

Tornadoalleydeb

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Oh and if a mod would like to move this to a more appropriate section............

Syythe

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Well, it says it actually shipped the 15th so tomorrow will be 2 weeks. Should it take longer than that?
One of my orders from IMR took almost a month (i actually ordered from fastetch the same day, and my fasttech order arrived first). But even though they are as slow as molasses in the winter, I have always gotten what I have ordered... eventually.

Tornadoalleydeb

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Well, I suppose there is still hope then but I'm inclined to try and contact my back before the 30 day. I don't know yet. I plan on sending them an email again tomorrow and see what they say, if anything. Last time they didn't seem concerned much. Just said wait basically. Psh

jwill

The Great King of Nothing
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
They are slow. I still buy from them because they do have good prices and I support Texas business where I can. Texas to Texas is on average 7 days for them to me. Consistently.

Tornadoalleydeb

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Alright, well thank you for all the info. Sounds like they are just extremely slow and maybe my items will still show up. I honestly can't say I will use them again but I have a ton of respect for you @jwill for doing so in spite of, in order to support your home state. Go Texas! :)

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Alright, well thank you for all the info. Sounds like they are just extremely slow and maybe my items will still show up. I honestly can't say I will use them again but I have a ton of respect for you @jwill for doing so in spite of, in order to support your home state. Go Texas! :)
Once shipped by the Vendor and the carrier has control the speed is completely out of the vendors control.

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I’ve used them in be past; but, because of a sale.

I used use rtd, when I first started vaping. I’ve since switched to liion wholesale. Liion just tends to always have the batteries I want; whereas, rtd was sort of hit and miss a while back.

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You got a ship notice that they had sent it out? Are you sure it isn't USPS that dropped the hall?

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Also- keep this in Mind:

It’s not the vendors fault for usps or ups... additionally the mail systems have been extra vigilant this week dealing with packages that go boom.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I recently placed an order with another vendor who shipped same day~! USPS started tracking 2 days later and for the next 3 days all it said was in transit to next destination until Friday when it was supposed to be delivered, it now said the next day! So at around 5PM my package arrived. USPS tracking is screwed up lately as happens on occasion. You did not mention how it was coming but just posting my last experience this week. Good Luck

Tornadoalleydeb

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
They said they sent it ground...........After reading responses, I at least feel better. It will probably show up at some point. Sorry for my ranting. But you all pretty much put my mind at ease. :)

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
They said they sent it ground...........After reading responses, I at least feel better. It will probably show up at some point. Sorry for my ranting. But you all pretty much put my mind at ease. :)

With my last experience with USPS I was like WTF is going on until it hit my area. USPS must be tweaking the system because past experiences have shown me when they fix shit, it fucks things up royally. JMHO

Heartsdelight

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Well, I suppose there is still hope then but I'm inclined to try and contact my back before the 30 day. I don't know yet. I plan on sending them an email again tomorrow and see what they say, if anything. Last time they didn't seem concerned much. Just said wait basically. Psh
I would call them. I’ve dealt with them in the past but only by phone.

Tornadoalleydeb

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
So I did finally get the charger and it was defective. One port does not work at all and the others flashed sort of weird a few times so I ain't using the thing. I tell them and their response is, oh okay send it back to us ( on my dime no less) and IF we determine it is defective we will send you another. Ya, nope, not that's not how this works and never mind. I won't ever do business with IMR batteries again. I threw it in the trash. Cut my losses and run. Ordered a charger from liion wholesale, had it in 3 days and it works great! They get my money from now on.

They also delete any negative comments on their Facebook page. I'm not the only one they did this too. All you have to do is look at how many comments were posted vs how many comments you actually see. I know of another that was having problems around the same time I was and his post wen't poof like a fart in the wind just as mine did.......lol what a sleezy company

Outstanding, they can't delete comments on YELP which is probably why they have a 1 and a half star rating

Last edited:

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Sorry to hear this horror story but I think you should have kept the charger as evidence instead of tossing it in the trash.

Tornadoalleydeb

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Why? I don't even want to bother with them.

Tornadoalleydeb

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Oh I took a picture but I may have also deleted it. I will look

obijuan77

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Ordered a charger from liion wholesale, had it in 3 days and it works great! They get my money from now on.

Good choice! My go to battery vendor. Very quick, great prices, legit batteries at a great price & you get free battery cases with your order.

Tornadoalleydeb

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
This is the charger I got from IMR charger.png

Artemis

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
@debinnv How long did it take from purchase to obtaining your defective product? Just curious because my order is stuck in TX and is beyond the delivery date.

Artemis

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
3 weeks.................doesn't help you now but next time I would suggest Liion wholesale. They are awesome
Thank you! I will remember this. I do hope to get this order someday. I needed it as part of a xmas gift.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I am curious why do you say it was defective? I was curious about what the Red LED Meant so looking at the manual I see this.

767ec908-50fc-4e7c-ab5a-324c9b256b87.png

Tornadoalleydeb

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
It wouldn't charge any battery it that port. I don't see why one port would be red and the others green when there are no batteries in the thing. Maybe I am missing something and it's water under the bridge anyway. That thing is long gone. But thank you @SteveS45 I appreciate you trying to show me.

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
An update: I did get the batteries. I talked with customer service and they said the batteries are shipped per train. I think I'll skip this vendor. Maybe not totally their fault but the Texas usps hub is quite challenged.
Well at least you got them. That's a good thing

Tornadoalleydeb

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
An update: I did get the batteries. I talked with customer service and they said the batteries are shipped per train. I think I'll skip this vendor. Maybe not totally their fault but the Texas usps hub is quite challenged.
Glad you finally got them. :)

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Batteries do take longer to ship if they are coming from overseas. It can take weeks to get them due to laws regarding their handling.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Umm, it doesn't take that long. I ordered some batteries from liionwholesale on Dec 4, they were shipped Dec 5, and I got them yesterday (Dec 9) -- on a Sunday! I attribute that to the fact that I used "priority shipping", and some asshat at USPS dropped the ball on Saturday (they got to Atlanta, 25 miles from here, on Friday night about 10pm), and they have to clear out any backlogs ASAP this time of year when the mail volume is so high.

But it could be that the OP specified merely regular "ground shipping" rather than "priority ground" -- I decided against that because it said that that mode of shipment might take WEEKS longer than expected -- and anytime USPS can slack and not do their jobs, that's exactly what they'll do.

But I think I'd cross IMR off my list for future purchases -- liionwholesale is much better, and even illumn.com can get your pkgs to you in a reasonable amount of time.

Andria

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Umm, it doesn't take that long. I ordered some batteries from liionwholesale on Dec 4, they were shipped Dec 5, and I got them yesterday (Dec 9) -- on a Sunday! I attribute that to the fact that I used "priority shipping", and some asshat at USPS dropped the ball on Saturday (they got to Atlanta, 25 miles from here, on Friday night about 10pm), and they have to clear out any backlogs ASAP this time of year when the mail volume is so high.

But it could be that the OP specified merely regular "ground shipping" rather than "priority ground" -- I decided against that because it said that that mode of shipment might take WEEKS longer than expected -- and anytime USPS can slack and not do their jobs, that's exactly what they'll do.

But I think I'd cross IMR off my list for future purchases -- liionwholesale is much better, and even illumn.com can get your pkgs to you in a reasonable amount of time.

Andria
I've ordered a good number of batteries from IM and have yet to have had a problem. They get it out the door fast, orders have been right and no hassles. Liionwholesale I also order from along with illumn, in my book all three are good.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I just opened the box I got yesterday from liionwholesale -- due to changes in how batteries have to be shipped, they're now offering a free gift when you choose certain of the more expensive shipping methods -- I selected Priority USPS, so I got a free gift -- a really cool (ar ar) little fan, which runs on an 18650 battery! How nifty! Though the batteries are for my son, I wrapped the little fan to give MYSELF, from santa, a/k/a liionwholesale. :D

Andria

Tornadoalleydeb

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I got the little flashlight in mine and I really like it.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I got the little flashlight in mine and I really like it.

The little fan I got was by far the BEST free gift for me -- don't need it right now, but in the summer, my hot flashes will really appreciate it. ;)

Andria

VU Sponsors