Become a Patron!

Nugget and 49er issues, please help a new vaper!

I bought the 49er to go with my nugget today and can't seem to get a good vape from it.
I'm using the Ni 0.2 ohm coil on the Temp mode, with a max of 30W on 350 farenheit and the is barely any cloud, and it tastes burnt.

The nugget screen reads the coil as 0,4 or 0,8 resistance even when I set it as a new coil. Not sure what I'm doing wrong, id really appreciate some advice.

I made sure to soak the coil so it's definitely not dry, and I left it for 10 mins before I tried..

Any thoughts?

Thanks

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
maybe the coil is bad. try a new coil in it? no way a .2 ohm coil should read .8 that means something is wrong. either the coil is mad or possibly the mod?

maybe the coil is bad. try a new coil in it? no way a .2 ohm coil should read .8 that means something is wrong. either the coil is mad or possibly the mod?
So it should show exactly the resistance of the coil right?
Do you know if there's any way to set this manually?

Thanks for the help, this has been driving me mad!

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
So it should show exactly the resistance of the coil right?
Do you know if there's any way to set this manually?

Thanks for the help, this has been driving me mad!
you don't want to do that even if there was a way. If it's reading the wrong resistance there is an issue. don't try and override it. especially with Ni wire which is unsafe at high temps. It won't read exactly .2 but it should read close. like a .22 or .24 or .18 is fine but .4 or .8 is way too far off

you don't want to do that even if there was a way. If it's reading the wrong resistance there is an issue. don't try and override it. especially with Ni wire which is unsafe at high temps. It won't read exactly .2 but it should read close. like a .22 or .24 or .18 is fine but .4 or .8 is way too far off
Yeah fair enough.. thank you! I guess I'll have to get another!

just try another coil first. it might just be a bad coil that happens from time to time.
The tank came with two coils, one was 0.5 and I tried that first. Still read as 0.9 on the screen and had issues so I thought I'd try the second coil.

Unless I'm doing something wrong when setting it up, do you know a good tutorial? I tried following the manual and some videos, and I'm not usually an idiot but maybe I'm missing something really obvious..

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
The tank came with two coils, one was 0.5 and I tried that first. Still read as 0.9 on the screen and had issues so I thought I'd try the second coil.

Unless I'm doing something wrong when setting it up, do you know a good tutorial? I tried following the manual and some videos, and I'm not usually an idiot but maybe I'm missing something really obvious..
to me it just sounds like the mod is bad if 2 coils both read way high. I don't think you are doing anything wrong. Sadly I'm not very familiar with the nugget. not sure who is here but i've seen a few people with them. Make sure the 510 is clean on both the tank and the mod (a little wiping with a qtip) and take the tank apart, clean it and put ti back together and try again. If that doesn't work then it's likely the mod.

to me it just sounds like the mod is bad if 2 coils both read way high. I don't think you are doing anything wrong. Sadly I'm not very familiar with the nugget. not sure who is here but i've seen a few people with them. Make sure the 510 is clean on both the tank and the mod (a little wiping with a qtip) and take the tank apart, clean it and put ti back together and try again. If that doesn't work then it's likely the mod.
I'll try that, thanks for the help! Fingers crossed..
If I buy another, do you have any suggestions of a good smaller mod?

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
I'll try that, thanks for the help! Fingers crossed..
If I buy another, do you have any suggestions of a good smaller mod?
how small? not many are the size of the nugget. a lot of people like them. seems to be a solid mod.

doc_iguana

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
howdy! and welcome!

probably my favorite smaller mod is the smy sdna 75 - uses dna75 chip set, super reliable - single 18650 battery - very compact form factor and very well made

fq06

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If you are locking in resistance after you have heated the coil, the resistance will lock in too high. You need to let the tank & coil sit and be at room temp before you lock the resistance (new coil selection is locking it in).
Also, Ni coils need to be run in Ni temp mode, kanthal coils need to be run in power mode. SS coils can be run in SS temp mode or power mode.

I'm assuming that is the only atomizer you have, testing another one would eliminate the mod being the problem if it reads another atomizer correctly.

If you have a vape shop near you, go there and have them throw an attomizer on and see if it is reading it's resistance correct.
Put your tank on their mod or tester and see if your 0.2 coil is not reading 0.2 and is a bad coil.
Eliminate which one is the problem.

I have a nugget v2 and love it.

Last edited:

fq06

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Also, 30w for a 0.2 coil is kind of low. 40w to maybe 50w would be a better setting for that resistance.
350° F is a low temp, hence no clouds. I usually vape around 450° F.

LouieAbouassali

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Unlisted Vendor
There could be several issues. First make sure the coil is installed correctly and screwed in tightly. Be sure to lock in the resistance while the coil is cool to ensure a proper reading. Also I would recommend a .2ohm coil be ran at around 450 degrees fahrenheit with a wattage of around 40 – 50. If you still have problems you may want to try a different coil.

VU Sponsors