Become a Patron!

Obligatory new member post

Hey all! Vaper from the great state of Maine here. I've lurked on and off here for a few years, not really into social media (or social most things!) so held out on signing up until just recently... due to DIY fever finally catching what with the impending vape doom that our allegedly elected officials are pushing :cuss2: Once i figured out that thumbnails are not conducive to availing oneself of the cornucopia of recipes that folks here have been kind enough to share, I promptly devised a new password and charged full speed ahead.

With all the browsing recipe threads, I ended up replying in a contest thread and earned my first VU trophy (I wanna thank tha academy...) And not wanting to be the guy with a single message tryna get a freebee, figured I would head on over and introduce meself, and interact a lil bit.

As for a brief autobiography:
Smoked for 15 years, flirted with cigalikes for several months back in '10 or '11 IIRC (not sure cuz it didnt stick that time.) Kept losing the damn things in couch cushions, underneath the seats of my car, etc, refilling the tiny cartomizers sucked, and the vapor production on those puppies was just lacking to replace ye olde sticks of cancre.

Fast forward to December 2015 - tech has advanced, theres a few B&Ms within striking distance, and I've seen the odd person chuckin clouds out in the butt hut at the old Employmentorium. Decide that the continually rising price of tobacco is getting old, even rolling my own, so maybe it's time to take another swing at this vaping thing. Did some lurking here, and after an indiscriminate amount of time doing muh research decided an RDA sounded more my speed than a tank. Like the idea of having more control, less proprietary parts/waste, leaks being my fault rather than design flaw inevitability. Down to my last 3 cigarettes with no more tobacco left. Head down to the B&M, test some flavors out on the shops mod with a plastic disposable tip, and proceed to select a couple Beard flavors (05 and 32, to be precise). I pick out the sigelei and a green Royal hunter, some juice, a couple pair of "Lg Browns, they got like plenty of mAh" and a charger. Dude at the shop installed the coil n wicked it up for me, and we r off to the races.

Hit it at like 50 watts, nice big lungfuls of flavor, omg awesome... followed by immediately hacking coughs of an epic proportion. The shop staff reassures me "it takes a bit to get used to" and i crank the wattage down by half. Start playing with the airflow a little. Ok, this is doable.
Here we are March 2020. That last cig got chucked in the trash probably 3 years ago, it's co-conspirators having eased the transition during the first couple weeks. Kept that last one as a just in case for way longer than I needed to. Glad to call myself a former smoker, have my tastebuds and sense of smell back, and not reek like a dirty trailerfire(my asthmatic wife doesnt mind one bit,either!)
Done pretty well with controlling Vape Acquisition Syndrome until lately, went 4 years only replacing the mod once when the battery door magnets gave up the ghost. With pmta looming, ive been grabbing up some spare gear and have definitely crowdsourced opinions and reviews from all you fine folks.
Still love drippers, dual claptons/aliens from AVS, about to check out this whole squonk thing.
To everyone here who has taken the time to share their knowledge, opinions,reviews, recipes, support, and all around good vibes:
THANK YOU! I know there are lots of other folks like me lurking that may not speak up often, but we appreciate you all the more for acting the extrovert :wave:

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Welcome to VU!!!
:vu:

gopher_byrd

Cranky Old Fart
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Welcome to VU!:cheers:

Great story, kinda like mine except I got the shineyitist bad there for a while.

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
Hey all! Vaper from the great state of Maine here. I've lurked on and off here for a few years, not really into social media (or social most things!) so held out on signing up until just recently... due to DIY fever finally catching what with the impending vape doom that our allegedly elected officials are pushing :cuss2: Once i figured out that thumbnails are not conducive to availing oneself of the cornucopia of recipes that folks here have been kind enough to share, I promptly devised a new password and charged full speed ahead.

With all the browsing recipe threads, I ended up replying in a contest thread and earned my first VU trophy (I wanna thank tha academy...) And not wanting to be the guy with a single message tryna get a freebee, figured I would head on over and introduce meself, and interact a lil bit.

As for a brief autobiography:
Smoked for 15 years, flirted with cigalikes for several months back in '10 or '11 IIRC (not sure cuz it didnt stick that time.) Kept losing the damn things in couch cushions, underneath the seats of my car, etc, refilling the tiny cartomizers sucked, and the vapor production on those puppies was just lacking to replace ye olde sticks of cancre.

Fast forward to December 2015 - tech has advanced, theres a few B&Ms within striking distance, and I've seen the odd person chuckin clouds out in the butt hut at the old Employmentorium. Decide that the continually rising price of tobacco is getting old, even rolling my own, so maybe it's time to take another swing at this vaping thing. Did some lurking here, and after an indiscriminate amount of time doing muh research decided an RDA sounded more my speed than a tank. Like the idea of having more control, less proprietary parts/waste, leaks being my fault rather than design flaw inevitability. Down to my last 3 cigarettes with no more tobacco left. Head down to the B&M, test some flavors out on the shops mod with a plastic disposable tip, and proceed to select a couple Beard flavors (05 and 32, to be precise). I pick out the sigelei and a green Royal hunter, some juice, a couple pair of "Lg Browns, they got like plenty of mAh" and a charger. Dude at the shop installed the coil n wicked it up for me, and we r off to the races.

Hit it at like 50 watts, nice big lungfuls of flavor, omg awesome... followed by immediately hacking coughs of an epic proportion. The shop staff reassures me "it takes a bit to get used to" and i crank the wattage down by half. Start playing with the airflow a little. Ok, this is doable.
Here we are March 2020. That last cig got chucked in the trash probably 3 years ago, it's co-conspirators having eased the transition during the first couple weeks. Kept that last one as a just in case for way longer than I needed to. Glad to call myself a former smoker, have my tastebuds and sense of smell back, and not reek like a dirty trailerfire(my asthmatic wife doesnt mind one bit,either!)
Done pretty well with controlling Vape Acquisition Syndrome until lately, went 4 years only replacing the mod once when the battery door magnets gave up the ghost. With pmta looming, ive been grabbing up some spare gear and have definitely crowdsourced opinions and reviews from all you fine folks.
Still love drippers, dual claptons/aliens from AVS, about to check out this whole squonk thing.
To everyone here who has taken the time to share their knowledge, opinions,reviews, recipes, support, and all around good vibes:
THANK YOU! I know there are lots of other folks like me lurking that may not speak up often, but we appreciate you all the more for acting the extrovert :wave:

Welcome to the Forum:wave:

Getting my sense of taste and smell back changed things.
I all of a sudden disliked foods I liked for decades and all of a sudden started liking foods that I couldn't taste properly before.

This of course brought back many bad smells too.
Ones I never knew were there before.:eek:

KingPin!

In my defence, I was left unsupervised ^^
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
Welcome aboard ...great intro and thanks for joining us :vino:

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

4639c4af2d42e53501abcf7ce91d7deb.jpg

You can think of squonking as the lazy man's way to drip.

VU Sponsors