Become a Patron!

OBS Crius 2 RTA, First wick was great, 2nd and 3rd tasted soapy and burnt

I got my OBS Crius 2 about a week ago. Started wicking it immediately and the result was great flavor. Then after 3 days it was time for a re-wick (pretty normal after 3 days). This time it tasted bland and boring, sometimes even soapy. I wick it again the day after, and the taste is the same boring soapy taste... Through all my wicks I followed this video:

I use 70/30 juice, and I have a hunch that I may use too much cotton.

gbalkam

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
Did you wash, thoroughly rinse and dry your hands before wicking? A new wick can have a 'cottony' taste at first until it gets broken in a little, but this wouldn't be called soapy.
Aside from that.. have you changed anything
Airflow? Drip tip, coil type / size?
Have you washed your tank?

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Did you wash, thoroughly rinse and dry your hands before wicking? A new wick can have a 'cottony' taste at first until it gets broken in a little, but this wouldn't be called soapy.
Yep even if you hands are 'clean' skin oil and such will add an undesired taste to your wick which will be more noticeable with some flavors of juice than others.

also if you do the scottish roll method of wicking or handle your wick a lot it will be worse.
I just handle the tip of the wicking that I twirl up to get it thru the coil and then after pulling the wicking thru cut that part off.

Yes, I made sure my hands were clean before proceeding. Nothing is changed, and I have not washed my tank.

VU Sponsors