KingPin!

In my defence, I was left unsupervised ^^
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
6F8FAE30-C6F8-40CE-A877-A035BDB57A0A.jpeg

Ohms law describes the relational behaviour of Voltage, Current and Resistance in the following ways

Voltage = Current X Resistance
Current = Voltage / Resistance
Resiatnce = Voltage / Current

Think of your mech with batteries like a wate pipe system the coil(s) are the Resistance, the current is the flow of water and voltage is the driving force ...the higher the resistance of the coil the higher the voltage has to be in order to push the current round

The most important aspect is understanding current on a mech because the lower the resistance of your coil the higher the current is because it’s easier for it to flow ...and depending on the batteries you choose they are specified to only cover certain amounts safely

In other words if you build really low you are asking the battery for more current than it can safely deliver to the coil...it heats up trying to provide that current

I urge you to fully research this battery safety topic before going anywhere near a mech for your own safety because there are risks you should be aware of using one.

This is the starting point for ohms law the next areas for you to research are the difference between

Single battery, parralel batteries, series batteries set up ups

Building using a resistance reader and targeting build resistances accurately including coil mounting practices

Selecting batteries and battery safety

Maintanence of your mech

Internal battery resistance (Sag) and how that factors Into calculations

Internal Resiatnce of the mech and how that affects output

Watts law or extension of ohms law to calculate power output

gbalkam

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
https://www.physics.uoguelph.ca/tutorials/ohm/Q.ohm.intro.html

My very best suggestion is that you do not use a Mech mod. Mechs are ADVANCED MODS and not meant for use by beginners.

In addition to Ohms Law you will also need to know about CDR, Resistance, Amps, Watts, Heat Flux, Hybrid vs Non-Hybrid, what tanks are ok to use and why, what a hard short is, what a thermal run-away is, what brands of batteries to use and what brands NOT to use.

Now in its very simplest form.. Each battery has a Mah value (how long it will last) and a CDR (Constant Discharge Rate) value (how much power you can safely draw from full charge to depleted without overheating your battery. We use CDR when talking about mechanical mods as a guide to how much resistance we can build our coils to. A cell with a 20A CDR can safely (as possible) handle a 0.21 ohm or higher coil.(I already did the calculations) So in addition to knowing what Ohms Law is, you need to know how to apply it.

Mechanical Mods are not toys. They are unforgiving and they don't care how pretty you WERE before they blew your face off.
That said, there are thousands of much safer Regulated Mods for sale, that perform better than Mechs and have safety features built in so they are much safer and much easier to use.

You should already be building your own coils and already know about ohms law before asking about Mech Mods.

Vape Drive

VU Donator
Member For 2 Years
Unlisted Vendor
As gbalkman suggest, be very careful when using a mech mod. Be sure to have a device to measure resistance of your builds. Regulated mod or Coil Master 521 tab will help you.
Watch some videos on Youtube, they will help you to understand Ohm's law. Make sure to get only high quality batteries.

VU Sponsors