Become a Patron!

Old Pharts Club

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Amneal Pharmaceuticals LLC Issues Voluntary Nationwide Recall of Metformin Hydrochloride Extended Release Tablets, USP, 500 mg and 750 mg, Due to Detection of N-Nitrosodimethylamine (NDMA) Impurity

June 01, 2020 -- Amneal Pharmaceuticals LLC Bridgewater, New Jersey (Amneal), is voluntarily recalling all lots of Metformin Hydrochloride Extended Release Tablets, USP, 500 mg and 750 mg, within expiry to the Retail Level. Amneal was notified by the U.S. FDA that the Agency’s testing of seven lots of Metformin Hydrochloride Extended Release Tablets, USP, 500 mg and 750 mg, showed N-Nitrosodimethylamine (NDMA) amounts above acceptable FDA levels.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Amneal Pharmaceuticals LLC Issues Voluntary Nationwide Recall of Metformin Hydrochloride Extended Release Tablets, USP, 500 mg and 750 mg, Due to Detection of N-Nitrosodimethylamine (NDMA) Impurity

June 01, 2020 -- Amneal Pharmaceuticals LLC Bridgewater, New Jersey (Amneal), is voluntarily recalling all lots of Metformin Hydrochloride Extended Release Tablets, USP, 500 mg and 750 mg, within expiry to the Retail Level. Amneal was notified by the U.S. FDA that the Agency’s testing of seven lots of Metformin Hydrochloride Extended Release Tablets, USP, 500 mg and 750 mg, showed N-Nitrosodimethylamine (NDMA) amounts above acceptable FDA levels.
N-Nitrosodimethylamine | (CH3)2NN=O - PubChem
pubchem.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov › compound › N-Nitrosodime...

N-Nitrosodimethylamine (NDMA), also known as dimethylnitrosamine (DMN), is a semi-volatile organic chemical that is highly toxic and is a suspected human carcinogen ...

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Parka? One of these days, I'd like to get one of those...

Last several days our weather has bounced around... a couple hours of thunderstorms then the sky clears then a couple more hours of thunderstorms then... lots of rain, high humidity, very sweaty... I think our high today was only 83 but felt like high 90s. I am tired and fatigued and... oh well, welcome to summer.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Parka? One of these days, I'd like to get one of those...

Last several days our weather has bounced around... a couple hours of thunderstorms then the sky clears then a couple more hours of thunderstorms then... lots of rain, high humidity, very sweaty... I think our high today was only 83 but felt like high 90s. I am tired and fatigued and... oh well, welcome to summer.
I'm whipped as well....long hot day....have a great Friday, altho it's no different than any other day......:rolleyes:

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Spent a bunch of time today stupidvising the highway construction people who were in my driveway laying a new asphalt apron. I would have left them alone, but in order to use their big equipment, they had to have my gates open and I needed to be there to be sure my big dog didn't decide they shouldn't be on his property. :D

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Spent a bunch of time today stupidvising the highway construction people who were in my driveway laying a new asphalt apron. I would have left them alone, but in order to use their big equipment, they had to have my gates open and I needed to be there to be sure my big dog didn't decide they shouldn't be on his property. :D
Kool, you get them to do anything else while they were there?

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Well, they made the apron about 6 feet closer to my gate than it was before and they made it considerably wider where it connects to the highway, which awill give the mail lady better approach and departure angles, but I seriously doubt my BSing with them had any affect on that. I did educate a couple of them on vaping, chickens, guineas, guard dogs and lots of other BS that probably went in one ear and out the other. You know, it was the typical annoying old guy telling younger people how life works and all that crap. :D :eek: :)

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Well, they made the apron about 6 feet closer to my gate than it was before and they made it considerably wider where it connects to the highway, which awill give the mail lady better approach and departure angles, but I seriously doubt my BSing with them had any affect on that. I did educate a couple of them on vaping, chickens, guineas, guard dogs and lots of other BS that probably went in one ear and out the other. You know, it was the typical annoying old guy telling younger people how life works and all that crap. :D :eek: :)
Hahhahaha.....I can picture it now, the Guineas screaming, Dog barking, you standing there having a vape.....:teehee:

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I can picture it now, the Guineas screaming, Dog barking, you standing there having a vape.....:teehee:
Yeah, and looking back on it, it triggers a memory of when I was a teenager and some guy who I thought had to be 90 (he was probably in his 50s) was telling me everything I never wanted to know about the world... Oh, those poor construction workers having to suffer through the BS of an old phart pharmer.

Last edited:

2WhiteWolves

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
7a4f00ada30f1609304c5adb890d2870.gif
Draco and Inspects :wave:

Sent from....Somewhere on Tapatalk

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Teva Pharmaceuticals USA, Inc. Initiates Voluntary Nationwide Recall of Metformin Hydrochloride Extended-Release Tablets USP 500 mg and 750 mg Due to Detection of N-Nitrosodimethylamine (NDMA)

June 05, 2020 -- Teva Pharmaceuticals USA, Inc. is voluntarily recalling fourteen (14) lots of Metformin Hydrochloride Extended-Release Tablets, USP 500 mg and 750 mg, 100 and 1000 count bottles, in the United States to the consumer-level due to the detection of N-Nitrosodimethylamine (NDMA) levels in excess of the Acceptable Daily Intake Limit (ADI).

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Marksans Pharma Limited Issues Voluntary Nationwide Recall of Metformin Hydrochloride Extended-Release Tablets, USP 500mg, Due to the Detection of N-Nitrosodimethylamine (NDMA)

June 05, 2020 -- Marksans Pharma Limited, India is voluntarily recalling Metformin Hydrochloride Extended-Release Tablets, USP 500mg, lot # XP9004, to the consumer level. FDA analysis has found the product to contain N-Nitrosodimethylamine (NDMA) levels in excess of the Acceptable Daily Intake Limit (ADI) of 96ng/day.

Two companies recalling the same drug for the same reason? Gee, do you suppose they were both made in India and that's where the fuck-up happened?

VU Sponsors