Hope you have a good Monday :)

Sent from....Somewhere on Tapatalk
Aww! What an adorable pup!

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I keep wondering who and what these stupid ass "Woke" people are. They name themselves with such pride, but I have never seen them do anything that wasn't dumber than a brick. It certainly appears that they choose to not have freedom/liberty, but want some government official to run their lives for them.

gopher_byrd

Cranky Old Fart
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
De-fund the police, abolish the police, all they are asking for is anarchy. They are about as woke as a hypnotized zombie. That cop that killed Floyd deserves to have the book thrown at him, but rioting and looting isn't going to fix anything. The shops that are being broken into and burned are owned by minorities. How the heck is that helping??? Peaceful protests, fine, go for it.

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I have no problem with peaceful protests, but what we are seeing is clearly violent destruction through riots with a purpose that has nothing to do with what is being claimed (one man's unfortunate death, regardless of the fact he was a known violent criminal).

Who is behind these riots, and what is their purpose? I believe there is no such thing as a spontaneous, large scale riot like we are seeing today. These riots have been planned and are a way to get people into the streets to manipulate them into violence making it appear as if it is a revolution. [perhaps paid for by Soros and others who want to destroy this country?]

The destruction of these cities increases the opportunity for them to get involved in government programs rather than the free enterprise system. This makes it easy for the [leftist] government to create "conditions" which gain control over all of the people and begin to separate the citizens from their local police. Once the local police lose the support of the citizens, the movement begins to have a national presence over our local police. Local citizens would then no longer have jurisdiction over their own police as they would be governed by a national police agency. [KGB style? Show us your papers comrade.]

This is why it is so important that we continue to support our local police and keep them independent. We should never condone bad behavior by any police officers, but we need to remember there are still many good officers out there [like about 800,000] that need our support for true law and order.

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I been a BUSY beaver....well, busy...no beaver
Five days with no posts at all... I'd say you was busier than a ten-peckered owl in a hen house...

Check out Lannie's post on the weather (a page back I think). It is full of pix taken in towns all around us of the extremely severe thunderstorms and funnel clouds, etc. So when it finally dried a bit and the wind quit trying to relocate us to another state, I have been mowing about 10,000 acres... well, maybe my body was just telling me it was that much. Whatever...

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Why they are using Spanish, I have no idea, but basically it means a widespread, long-lived, straight-line wind storm that is associated with a fast-moving group of severe thunderstorms known as a mesoscale convective system.. Derechos can cause hurricane-force winds, tornadoes, heavy rains, and flash floods.

2WhiteWolves

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Hey, Woofie! Where did you get all those pictures of me? Oh, wait a minute... I don't think they had invented cameras yet when I was that young.... :D
:teehee: :teehee: :teehee:
Sure there was cameras back in the day, maybe you just broke 'em from being such a rambunctious child :xD: :giggle:

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
:teehee: :teehee: :teehee:
Sure there was cameras back in the day, maybe you just broke 'em from being such a rambunctious child :xD: :giggle:
OK, I guess I have to come clean... mom had a rectangular box with a small lens in one end that made B&W prints on...ummm... 620 film? Also, I could not have posed for any those pictures because I was one of those weird kids who spent his time in his bedroom chewing on a pencil while trying to prove the Pythagorean equations while other kids hadn't even heard of a multiplication table yet. Does the word "dweeb" mean anything to you? :D Oh well...

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Lupin Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Issues Voluntarily Nationwide Recall of One Lot of Metformin Hydrochloride Extended-Release Tablets USP, 500mg Due to the Detection of N-Nitrosodimethylamine (NDMA)

June 11, 2020 -- Lupin Pharmaceuticals Inc. is voluntarily recalling Metformin Hydrochloride Extended-Release Tablets USP (generic equivalent of Fortamet®), 500mg, lot G901203 to the consumer level. FDA analysis revealed that this lot exceeded the Acceptable Daily Intake Limit for the impurity N-Nitrosodimethylamine (NDMA).

Seems to me this "excuse" is getting to be way too common.

2WhiteWolves

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
OK, I guess I have to come clean... mom had a rectangular box with a small lens in one end that made B&W prints on...ummm... 620 film? Also, I could not have posed for any those pictures because I was one of those weird kids who spent his time in his bedroom chewing on a pencil while trying to prove the Pythagorean equations while other kids hadn't even heard of a multiplication table yet. Does the word "dweeb" mean anything to you? :D Oh well...
I like black and white photos. All the ones I've seen in old photos no one smiles. Wonder when it started to become popular to smile in photos :question:
:teehee: the word Dweeb turned into the word Nerd, so yeah, I know both of them :teehee:

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Wonder when it started to become popular to smile in photos
Someone at some point said "Say 'Cheese'." I don't think the people being photographed were actually smiling so much as just doing what the photographer said. I do remember, however, that when I was a kid, I didn't like anyone taking my picture, so you were far more likely to get me frowning than smiling.

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Looks like no one has wandered through here for another couple days and even I have very little to say at the moment, so I guess a weather report is about all I can do. It was 92 °F here yesterday, but we also had 35-40 mph winds with the occasional gust exceeding 50 mph, so it didn't feel all that hot, but trying to mow in that wind put a lot of grass clippings in my face and caused extreme irritation in my eyes. (Aw, poor old phart :cry: ). Today, we hit 95 °F with only half as much wind (BTW, 95 °F at 60% RH is a "feels like" of 113 °F and that would be an "in the shade" temperature). Most of my mowing today not only put a lot of clippings in my face, but the heat helped that irritation cause my eyes to swell and water uncontrollably (read that as I couldn't see where I was going). I have never in my life had an allergy, but maybe I am finally showing some kind of weird "hay fever" or some such similar bullshit. Lannie made me swallow a couple Benedryl pills, which seemed to help... or maybe it was just sitting inside, out of the sunshine and wind (though NOT out of the heat - we have no air conditioning). Damned if I know what the fix was, but I got my vision back after about an hour. This computer screen is rather bright and I am blinking and squinting to read it, so maybe I should just go to bed. ;)

2WhiteWolves

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Someone at some point said "Say 'Cheese'." I don't think the people being photographed were actually smiling so much as just doing what the photographer said. I do remember, however, that when I was a kid, I didn't like anyone taking my picture, so you were far more likely to get me frowning than smiling.
Too bad it had to stick :cuss2:
I've always been behind the camera, except when I didn't have a choice when I was a little Wolfie. My mom gets so upset with me 'cause I act like my nephew and hide when I see anything that might take pictures :teehee:

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
30 1st grade class pic 1955.jpg
My 1st Grade class photo. How quickly did you discover which one was me? (put a flash in my face and I always squinted) [the teacher, of course, was an alien from one of the moons of Jupiter] :)

In later years, however, I made a few bucks being the guy on the other side of the camera, and was even officially titled "division photographer" in the years when I was also news editor/writer/artist/etc. for the Computer Science Center at Tektronix, Inc.

gopher_byrd

Cranky Old Fart
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Good morning y'all. Happy almost weekend, like that means anything to Rich and lanny. Farmers don't have weekends especially if they have critters to take care of.

Are you still prospecting Dale or that done due to the heat?

Speaking of weather it's gonna be hot here in the central part of the PRC
upload_2020-6-19_8-57-29.png

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee

VU Sponsors