Become a Patron!

One of my uwell tanks is in two, and cant repair

submerger

VU Donator
Member For 4 Years
After a drop, the two sections seen in the photos split apart. As there are no threads to help hold, I tried to clamp them to see if would hold. Sadly, it does not, and the tank leaked all over the table and carpet last night.

Anyone have this issue, and a fix for it?

IMG_0037.JPG IMG_0036.JPG

fq06

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Looks like the threaded part of the tube snapped off so other than machining a new piece or somehow finding that one piece of the tank... not much you can do other than replace the tank.

submerger

VU Donator
Member For 4 Years
Ah you gave me a clue. See the pic. I was able to un-thread the small section. I see a small gap that I can try and close with a vice.

I removed the o-ring that was causing the two pieces to stick, and it has more bite now. I dont have high hopes, but will try it out.

Are there any super light weight and safe adhesives I can use. The parts appeared to be pressed together and are not machined to be a solid piece.

Attachments

• IMG_0040.JPG
    IMG_0040.JPG
    206.7 KB · Views: 18
Last edited:

Angrygod50

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I'd try to fix it but if it's not air tight it will leak.

fq06

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You can purchase replacement parts from Uwell.
Here>>>https://www.myuwell.com/replacement-parts/crown.html

Nice! They are in California... no shipping from China. $15, just about close enough to buy a new tank but if you are looking for the cheapest route, that may be it.

Even if you could get a turn or two of threading in, I wouldn't trust it in my pocket. I also wouldn't put any kind of epoxy in the tank where it could contaminate the juice but that's just me. Maybe you would be ok with that and that may help hold that one turn of threading it may catch.

VU Sponsors