Become a Patron!

Ordering from China (actually anywhere) Support Group...

Doomsday Vaper

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Fasttech i haven't ordered from for awhile. Last experience. Several items showed in stock, and turned to days wait to ship. Then unavailable over a couple week time frame. Had to get a refund since they already had my money.
Ali Express was ok, other than the spam emails.
Sorry on the thread hijack.

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well, 3A just emailed me and said they will resend my lost items, but the Wormhole RDA has since gone out of stock so they are crediting me the price toward my next purchase.

That's good business. It wasn't their fault and they are willing to eat the loss to keep a customer. They have.

Ryedan

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've ordered from FT a bunch of times and always use the Canadian shipping option which is typically about $0.75 depending on how much I order. The last couple of years shipments have generally taken about 3 weeks to get to me.

My last order in early January was a mod, a couple of tanks and some bottles, all spares. I got the order in 8 days. Checked everything out and put it all away.

Well, a month later I forgot I had already received it and thought I should see what was up with it. Took me about half an hour to figure out I had already got it :wait:

I blame it on old age ... that's my story and I'm sticking to it :D

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My latest order from 3A went through the exact same tracking stages as the last one that vaporized. Pun intended.

Passed through Chinese facility and then straight to waiting for origin post. Just like the one I ordered on Dec. 31st and never heard from again. How much ya wanna bet the same thing happens here?

If so, this is unfortunately my last order from China.

Jinx'd

Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
I wouldn't consider anything on the slow boat a total loss until about 4 months. and maybe even then.

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I wouldn't consider anything on the slow boat a total loss until about 4 months. and maybe even then.
If somebody, ANYbody could tell me where it is and it'll be here in 4 months, I could live with that. I cannot tolerate this throwing money into a hole on the other side of the world and hearing absolutely nothing and being able to learn absolutely nothing for months.

Bluenatic

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
My latest order from 3A went through the exact same tracking stages as the last one that vaporized. Pun intended.

Passed through Chinese facility and then straight to waiting for origin post. Just like the one I ordered on Dec. 31st and never heard from again. How much ya wanna bet the same thing happens here?

If so, this is unfortunately my last order from China.
Same exact thing for me. To a tee. They've promptly responded to my email, which is nice. But I want my shit haha. Order was placed on 1/4. Another week with no package I'm requesting for a refund. Which sucks cause I have a couple great deals in my order. The thing that blows the most is that I've been waiting to break out my Cut squonk until I received my Profile included in this order due to all the pics of that tank and mod being a match made in heaven.

Jinx'd

Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
I can tell you were it "may' be = the bottom of that pile in that video. or customs.

I have a drip tip out there "somewhere". I have basicly forgotten about it. and something else, 2 weeks = I'm not holding my breath :wait:

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
did you try entering the tracking # into USPS ?
Yes, same exact message.

I have three sitting over there now with this same message. I'm not all that hopeful anymore. Every package from China does this now. It's not the vendor's fault. I feel for them too.

Last edited:

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Has it always been like this?

I've only been vaping a year so maybe I just have a limited view on how ordering from China is. My first few experiences weren't too bad. Took a while, but I expected that. Tracking was spotty, but it existed. My stuff got here within a few weeks to a month and was intact and what I ordered.

Since the holidays it seems like all that has changed. I'm not talking abut delays because it was the holiday rush. Of course that's to be expected too. OR even delays because now it's their holiday season over there. Or was.

I'm talking about packages disappearing into thin air and EVERY piece of tracking information stopping at exactly the same stage with no movement at all. Unless they are lying through their teeth, the vendors are shipping the stuff out. It's the carriers that seem to have changed.

I'm wearying of spending my very very tight budget on these great buys when it seems at least, as if I would have been just as well off opening the window and throwing the money into the wind.

Last edited:

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Has it always been like this?

I've only been vaping a year so maybe I just have a limited view on how ordering from China is. My first few experiences weren't too bad. Took a while, but I expected that. Tracking was spotty, but it existed. My stuff got here within a few weeks to a month and was intact and what I ordered.

Since the holidays it seems like all that has changed. I'm not talking abut delays because it was the holiday rush. Of course that's to be expected too. OR even delays because now it's their holiday season over there. Or was.

I'm talking about packages disappearing into thin air and EVERY piece of tracking information stopping at exactly the same stage with no movement at all. Unless they are lying through their teeth, the vendors are shipping the stuff out. It's the carriers that seem to have changed.

I'm wearying of spending my very very tight budget on these great buys when it seems at least as if I would have been just as well off opening the window and throwing the money into the wind.
I've never experienced shipping issues to this extent. Mine have usually hit a spot of a week, maybe a tad longer, where the last thing I know is it had left China, then it's either suddenly in my mailbox, or it's sat in Chicago or Florida for about a week.

Have you contacted the vendor to see if there's something they can do about contacting the shipper? Sometimes vendors have more success with that, at least in the states they have. It sucks that this has happened every time. I hope nothing has be confiscated in customs. I don't know if the buy receives any notification of that, either.

I have a contest win coming from China that shipping through BPost. First I've experienced this, so I'm watching that one like a hawk.

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I think it's customs. U.S. customs. I really do. I think they are using their import export muscle as a harassment technique against vaping.

I am NO conspiracy theorist, as anybody who knows me will tell you. That idea really does explain this though. Especially in light of the fact that our customs office over there is pretty new from what I hear.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
If it was received that would show in the tracking. I have had packages from overseas stall in customs but that was clear by the tracking. Now when it disappears because of a 3rd party shipping company in China that is just theft.

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
2019-02-21 17:46

Origin Post is Preparing Shipment -> We have received notice that the originating post is preparing to dispatch this mail piece.

CHINA, SHENZHEN EMS, Processed Through Facility

2019-02-20 16:39
CHINA, Processed Through Facility

2019-02-19 22:54
CHINA, Acceptance
=============================
And there every order so far this year sits.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
What is China EMS?

China EMS is the largest integrated express and logistics service provider with the longest history of business operation, the widest coverage and the richest products in China. China Postal Express & Logistics is mainly engaged in domestic express, international express, contract logistics, and LTL.

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
What is China EMS?

China EMS is the largest integrated express and logistics service provider with the longest history of business operation, the widest coverage and the richest products in China. China Postal Express & Logistics is mainly engaged in domestic express, international express, contract logistics, and LTL.
I'm not sure what point you're making exactly :)

Jinx'd

Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
just checked mine

2019-02-20 08:13

Origin Post is Preparing Shipment -> We have received notice that the originating post is preparing to dispatch this mail piece.

2019-02-20 08:13

2019-02-20 02:17

2019-02-19 20:44
CHINA, Acceptance

Jinx'd

Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
it may be that they have a new system, that is not totally up and running or just shitty. or it is their new way of trying to get us to pay for shipping.

BobsHere

From Wherever
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years

2019-02-20 16:39

2019-02-19 22:54
CHINA, Acceptance
=============================
And there every order so far this year sits.
All looks normal to me. My last order was 11 days until tracking picked it up again when it hit customs in Miami.

January 17, 2019, 11:42 am
Processed Through Facility
ISC MIAMI FL (USPS)

Origin Post is Preparing Shipment
January 6, 2019, 11:22 am
BEIJING EMS, CHINA
January 6, 2019, 9:14 am
CHINA
January 5, 2019, 2:51 am
Acceptance
CHINA

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Maybe I'm just being an impatient whiner, but man it's disconcerting seeing the same thing every time and no updates.

Jinx'd

Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Maybe I'm just being an impatient whiner,

but man it's disconcerting seeing the same thing every time and no updates.

naa, its all good. noth'n wrong with venting.

yep, it sure is.

I put in an order from Element sunday, still nothing. seems the way of the (vape) world these days.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I ordered late Friday afternoon from The Vapor Room and got a shipping notice on Saturday afternoon. Received on Monday before lunchtime. Something to be said for ordered on the same Coast much less the Continent.

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I ordered a Rebirth on Monday from Vapor Range and it got here today :confused:

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I ordered a Rebirth on Monday from Vapor Range and it got here today :confused:

I have gotten orders from Shenzhen China in less than 3 days Via DHL. Plus I have actually gotten orders from NJ in less than a day. Nothing is impossible but when dealing with 3rd party Chinese Shippers, things can take weeks. They need to fill a container and vape products do not take up a lot of room.

Jinx'd

Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
I ordered from Element, and paid full retail for it, so I could get it this week, = not happening, I am jinx'd.
will be worth the wait though.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
We're you in a junk, 200 yards off the coast and they sent it by bottle rocket by any chance?

You get what you pay for is how I have always dealt with any company buying any product not just vape gear. If I pay for expedited shipping I better get it or I get a refund. Some people don't know how to get what you pay for.

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You get what you pay for is how I have always dealt with any company buying any product not just vape gear. If I pay for expedited shipping I better get it or I get a refund. Some people don't know how to get what you pay for.

I bet they paid more for shipping than the mod cost.
...and therein lies the problem. Steve and I were talking about this the other day.

I go to China to save money. If I save 20 dollars on a purchase and spend 19 of it on shipping, what's the point?

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I go to China to save money. If I save 20 dollars on a purchase and spend 19 of it on shipping, what's the point?

If you get it in less than 3 days does it pay? Compare free shipping versus a supplier close to you. Not talking about knock offs or clones real OEM device only. I have found only good experiences when I wanted something fast.

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If you get it in less than 3 days does it pay?
I wouldn't have most of the stuff I have if I had to pay even close to full price. I just don't have the money. For me, it's not a matter of not wanting to wait. It's a matter of not having any other choice. i'm not trying to save money, because I'm a miser :) I'm trying to save money because it's that, or not get the essential bills paid if I buy vape stuff.

Like I've said. It's not even about waiting really. It's about at least one of my good size holiday purchases being permanently lost for sure, and now every other one since then appearing identically in the tracking info the way that one did before it disappeared. If I couldn't have gotten those china deals, I just wouldn't have bought this stuff.

I'm not trying to be a jerk at all Steve. I'm just explaining :)

Theboss

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Need some advice here, Fasttech, gearbest or urvapin? All 3 claim to have the mod I'm looking for, but who's the most reputable?

My only experience with any of them was with Fasttech, and although they said they had my items in stock they actually didn't and it took a month for them to tell me and only after I emailed. On a positive note, they did refund my money the next day. I just don't trust these "in stock" claims anymore and it's not a cheap mod.

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Need some advice here, Fasttech, gearbest or urvapin? All 3 claim to have the mod I'm looking for, but who's the most reputable?

My only experience with any of them was with Fasttech, and although they said they had my items in stock they actually didn't and it took a month for them to tell me and only after I emailed. On a positive note, they did refund my money the next day. I just don't trust these "in stock" claims anymore and it's not a cheap mod.
Are you really saving that much buying that mod from China?

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I'm not trying to be a jerk at all Steve. I'm just explaining :)

I am not taking it as offensive or being a jerk buddy, please don't worry~! I am hoping that all your packages stuck in the China Triangle all magically appear one of these days real soon. :coffee:

VU Sponsors