Become a Patron!

Ordering from China (actually anywhere) Support Group...

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I ordered a new Screen Protector for my Pixel 2XL under warranty on the 4th and it still says processing. So I called the company today and took over 4 hours to get thru to Customer Support~! It was shipped Friday but never received an email and order page never updated. Turns out it is in New Jersey and this is the NEW Thing USPS and Fed Ex are doing. It's on it's way to USPS? They have had it for 5 freaking days~! Or at least that is what I was told. Now I see DHL Commerce has it?

upload_2019-12-9_17-2-55.png

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I have too and that's because our beloved USPS or FedX never scanned it after they got it.

Exactly~! I have made a few complaints about that with USPS. Actually since nothing of mine goes thru Brooklyn~!

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Yes, I also do this, but I have to say that while the results have been generally quicker, that's not the same as quick. I have one that's been sitting like that since the 28th.
View attachment 151289

It hasn't been long since I had one sit like that for a long time with no updates to tracking. I opened a ticket with FT and they put in a problem ticket with the postal service here in the States. In about six or seven days they found the package and it started moving again. Within about three days after that, it was here.

If it sits for 2 weeks, I think you can do the same. It actually did some good for my order, even though I figured it probably wouldn't.

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Got fed-up notification just minutes ago that my package should be here by the 17th. Funny stuff that I just thought about it today.

DonBaldy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've gotten to a point where a fasttech order is averaging about 2 months. 3 weeks for it to be shipped and another month to month and a half to be delivered. Unless I'm desperate I'll likely not be placing orders from China again.

Ryedan

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've actually been having pretty good luck with FT lately. I've been stocking up on a few things. I'm in Canada and when I use the Canadian shipping option, which is usually just over a buck, I get the package in a couple of weeks. I do check on availability when I order. Sometimes it changes after I order, but then I just cancel that item if I don't want to delay the shipment. They've also been splitting shipments lately when that happens with no extra charges so if I want to I can just let it go a few days and see what happens.

It's not a bad deal for me, specially considering the high shipping charges we pay for Canadian online orders.

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've gotten to a point where a fasttech order is averaging about 2 months. 3 weeks for it to be shipped and another month to month and a half to be delivered. Unless I'm desperate I'll likely not be placing orders from China again.
Really? I've only had one ever take more than a month to get to me and that was after it got over here and into the hands of our faithful and efficient USPS. Usually averages 2-3 weeks for me.

However, our faithful and efficient USPS tracker tells me that the Drone I ordered from eightvape (not China of course) is out for delivery 2 days early. :bliss:

Nailz

FUCK the FDA
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I ordered from 3fvape and they had the option for 'US special airmail' never seen that option before, so trying it out, weird tracking number, so not sure who delivers once gets to the US, moving pretty good so far.

lrGLjI4.png

Last edited:

DonBaldy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Really? I've only had one ever take more than a month to get to me and that was after it got over here and into the hands of our faithful and efficient USPS. Usually averages 2-3 weeks for me.

However, our faithful and efficient USPS tracker tells me that the Drone I ordered from eightvape (not China of course) is out for delivery 2 days early. :bliss:
My drone from eightvape hasn't even shipped.

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I ordered from 3fvape and they had the option for 'US special airmail' never seen that option before, so trying it out, weird tracking number, so not sure who delivers once gets to the US, moving pretty good so far.

lrGLjI4.png
I did that option for a recent order of 3 Reewape RBA decks and another black barrel for the Xetas. Ordered on the 17th and got here yesterday. Here's the interesting part. It went from "handed over to origin sorting facility" in 17track to the mailbox without even a single additional update anywhere. Not on the USPS tracker, not FedEx nowhere. Stuck on that facility update in China on 17track and then in my hand.

Jinx'd

Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
the thing that piss's me off about everzon. i paid $10 shipping. fuck everzon.

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
the thing that piss's me off about everzon. i paid $10 shipping. fuck everzon.
I've seen SOME difference between free shipping from China and the like under 2 dollar options from China. Meaning the ones where you pay just a little instead of free do generally get here a little faster. I've never used the mid range options. The one time I was forced to use DHL (which was still WELL worth it, even after the expensive shipping) it got from SXK in Shenzen to my hand in 5 days.

Jinx'd

Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
I've seen SOME difference between free shipping from China and the like under 2 dollar options from China. Meaning the ones where you pay just a little instead of free do generally get here a little faster. I've never used the mid range options. The one time I was forced to use DHL (which was still WELL worth it, even after the expensive shipping) it got from SXK in Shenzen to my hand in 5 days.

everxon either didn't have free shipping or i didn't get to the min.

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
everxon either didn't have free shipping or i didn't get to the min.
You mean 10 dollars was the cheapest shipping option they had? Oh that's unacceptable. I've never ordered from them, but I have ordered from 10 or 12 other Chinese sites and I always choose either free shipping or the under 2 dollar e-packet option.

Jinx'd

Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
You mean 10 dollars was the cheapest shipping option they had? Oh that's unacceptable. I've never ordered from them, but I have ordered from 10 or 12 other Chinese sites and I always choose either free shipping or the under 2 dollar e-packet option.

yeah, iirc. the 2 dirt cheap mods and dirt cheap bottle opener were, at that time, still a good deal.

Nailz

FUCK the FDA
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I did that option for a recent order of 3 Reewape RBA decks and another black barrel for the Xetas. Ordered on the 17th and got here yesterday. Here's the interesting part. It went from "handed over to origin sorting facility" in 17track to the mailbox without even a single additional update anywhere. Not on the USPS tracker, not FedEx nowhere. Stuck on that facility update in China on 17track and then in my hand.

Well I love the option, as it just turned up by USPS, 5 days from shipped to my door for free :D

But yea the tracking is usless once it leaves china, but I can live with that if comes that fast ;)

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon

lrGLjI4.png
Glad I looked in here, because I didn't know where to check with a tracking number like that. I have one that starts off that way and now I know it's in the states. Pretty quick, coming from Sourcemore. I've never ordered from them, so this is good!

Why is it that even when something is fairly speedy from overseas, it seems like forever?

Now Geekvape, they're a whole issue in themselves. Telling me to check with USPS because there's no movement since the day after it shipped. It's still in China, so what's USPS got to do with that? Emailed them back, told them I'd be happy to contact Paypal and reverse the charges since there's nothing I can do with China mail.

Jinx'd

Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
china shipping can say "preparing shipment", while you are holding it in your hand.

i am thinking that at least some china shipments where being held back to deal with domestic Christmas shipping.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Nope. Haven't ordered there in a while, actually. Whatsamatta?

I heard back from Geekvape. Said to give it one more week, if still a no show, then they'll refund me. I have that in print now, at least.

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Nope. Haven't ordered there in a while, actually. Whatsamatta?

I heard back from Geekvape. Said to give it one more week, if still a no show, then they'll refund me. I have that in print now, at least.
It keeps declining my prepaid card with no explanation. Just got off the phone with paypal and they said it is a problem with their processing servers.

Jinx'd

Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Looks like Shenzen City is now on LOCKDOWN.

saw that coming. but this = WOW !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Intelligence sources say that China now faces "over Twenty Million infected and over ONE MILLION DEAD." Those Intelligence sources say crematories throughout China are operating at full capacity, 24 hours a day. The Crematories in Hubei Province are allegedly cremating more than 2,000 bodies per day . . . and that's just in Hubei Province where the outbreak seems to have begun.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I have sort of a Boycott going with Chinese Products right now, I am sorry to say. Not even getting Chinese takeout lately. Heard of a guy who bought a Guitar from China that was Quarantined before he could retrieve it.

Jinx'd

Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
this is going to go vastly past vapes and other stuff. china looks to be totaly shutting down. we get all kinds of things from china.
look for large inflation.

SnapDragon NY

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
Intelligence sources say that China now faces "over Twenty Million infected and over ONE MILLION DEAD." Those Intelligence sources say crematories throughout China are operating at full capacity, 24 hours a day. The Crematories in Hubei Province are allegedly cremating more than 2,000 bodies per day . . . and that's just in Hubei Province where the outbreak seems to have begun.

This news is just terrible! So many lives affected and lost to this horrible virus, so sad!
My thoughts and prayers to the people of China who have been affected by this tragedy !

:(

Jinx'd

Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years

This news is just terrible! So many lives affected and lost to this horrible virus, so sad!
My thoughts and prayers to the people of China who have been affected by this tragedy !

:(

that very well may not be true. but still, its getting bad. time will tell.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
that very well may not be true. but still, its getting bad. time will tell.

The NY Times, 3 minutes ago, said the death toll in China from the corona virus is now at 811.

Their article does say that many doctors believe deaths are under-reported because of crisis situations at medical centers.

Jinx'd

Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
The NY Times, 3 minutes ago, said the death toll in China from the corona virus is now at 811.

Their article does say that many doctors believe deaths are under-reported because of crisis situations at medical centers.

i just saw a report that said 50000. they are not telling "us" what is really happening over there = fearing panic.
and i do know that some/many of these reports can be BS = fishing for hits.
fact is, we don't know, other than it is probably a lot higher than what we are being told.
look at it this way, do you think they would damn near shut down the whole country for only 800 deaths, nope.

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yeah, all I was paying attention to was the quarantine in Shenzen.I don't think anybody, including Beijing actually knows the exact extent in China. I'm pretty sure it's worse than their telling us though.

Last edited:

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Yeah, all I was paying attention to was the quarantine in Sjhenzen.I don't think anybody, including Beijing actually knows the exact extent in China. I'm pretty sure it's worse than their telling us though.

I am keeping tabs on the Cruise Ships Quarantined in New Jersey lately.........................

Synphul

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I wonder if that's why some of the items I bought from FT have extended out their expected available dates. Since I ordered in Jan there were a handful of items showing an eta of 2-12-20. Today 2 of the 4 remain at 2-12, another got moved to 2-18 and another to 2-21.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I was curious so I did a little Google Search and found this..........

China's coronavirus disrupts global container shipping trade

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...global-container-shipping-trade-idUSKBN2002K1

UPS pilot union reaches agreement with company to make China flying ‘voluntary’ amid coronavirus

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/02/05/ups...h-company-to-make-china-flying-voluntary.html

China's coronavirus disrupts global container shipping trade

https://www.nasdaq.com/articles/chi...ts-global-container-shipping-trade-2020-02-07

Jinx'd

Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
i have inside info that things are getting back up and running in china. for whatever that it worth.

VU Sponsors