Become a Patron!

P.I.F Box

bondo

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
With a name like Bondo I would want to check under the hood of mods and attys to make sure it hadn't been in an accident :D

Funny story but i was given the nickname because of my hatred of bondo.
I've spent more than my fair share of time grinding and sanding that crap out of spots that it shouldn't have been. A couple co-workers just so happened to notice the fact that i was,to put it mildly,unhappy with other peoples work and the name stuck.
That was long ago though and i've since learned that Bondo does infact have it's uses.......just not in autobody repair...:p

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
I'd like to hear from everyone else but i like it! And, it's a good segue to my next point.
This CAN'T be the official thread. Since it started as a feeler thread and turned into a confirmation thread it's gotten a bit confusing.
So,for the sake of the sanity of the admins,once the final list is created we'll ask for this thread to be closed and either VapingBeauty or I will create a new thread with the first 2-3 posts reserved for the list,rules,disclaimers,warnings,etc.
This will give us a couple benefits over keeping it here.
The first is quick reference to the list and other info.(Need to know something? Jump to the 1st page)
As an added bonus,we get to come up with a cool name!!
That's 100% on you guys though. I wouldn't go looking to a guy called Bondo for name advice...:crazy::crazy:

Scratch that,how about Wynonna's big brown box???

*hopefully someone gets ito_O

BIG BROWN
:beaver: by Primus

bondo

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
For a starters I can send:
Copper Mutation X V4 RDA
Standard Functions Rhyno RDA
Tarsius Customs Hybrid Mech - Clone (Expertly cleaned and polished by @bondo)
Nectar RDA - Clone

Sorry man,got caught up in admin mode but thanks for the plug!

Just to throw this out there,I'm adding the GP Paps clone and nucleus as is with the natural patina but if whoever takes it would like it polished or brushed i'd be more than happy to do it free of charge. Maybe help with shipping at most.
A brushed finish would be acrylic coated to prevent further patina.
Polished would be bare so you would have to polish it periodically.

Here's the last brass mech I brushed after 20 coats of acrylic as an example.;)
20160413_173540.jpg

Last edited:

Spyg0at

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
62BD5C78-C3DD-41AB-9CC5-B204AA818E9A_zpsce83dixg.jpg

This is what I'll send as the first donation. I have the address. Thanks Bondo!

StereoFreeze

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'd like to hear from everyone else but i like it! And, it's a good segue to my next point.
This CAN'T be the official thread. Since it started as a feeler thread and turned into a confirmation thread it's gotten a bit confusing.
So,for the sake of the sanity of the admins,once the final list is created we'll ask for this thread to be closed and either VapingBeauty or I will create a new thread with the first 2-3 posts reserved for the list,rules,disclaimers,warnings,etc.
This will give us a couple benefits over keeping it here.
The first is quick reference to the list and other info.(Need to know something? Jump to the 1st page)
As an added bonus,we get to come up with a cool name!!
That's 100% on you guys though. I wouldn't go looking to a guy called Bondo for name advice...:crazy::crazy:

Scratch that,how about Wynonna's big brown box???

*hopefully someone gets ito_O

She pricked her finger one day and it occurred to her she might have a porcupine.

I don't have a strong opinion on the hybrid. Thought it would be a good primer item, but I don't need to send it. If it is included, my advice would be if the person doesn't already know the answer to the question how do I use this safely?, than they should pass on grabbing it.

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
So would it be too cheesy to throw in a Kanger aerotank (still shrink wrapped, brand new) as part of the entry box for new folks? Or too old school?

bondo

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So would it be too cheesy to throw in a Kanger aerotank (still shrink wrapped, brand new) as part of the entry box for new folks? Or too old school?
No man,that's what this is all about.
It doesn't have to be the new hot item for it to be appreciated. The beauty of these boxes is that you find those forgotten treasures that you might not have known about or slept on because you felt the price was too high at the time or whatever the reason might've been.
In my experience,there have been very few "bad products" in comparison to how many products are out there.
Veteran vapers might scoff at an aerotank now but go ahead and ask them if they've ever owned one.....more often than not you'll get a yes.

You also have the newer crowd and MTL vapers.
Imho,the aerotank was a great stepping stone into DL hitting.

Spyg0at

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've been wrestling with the idea of hybrids in a PIF box and I'd like everyone elses thoughts on it.
We DO have some newer vapers in this box so that should be taken into consideration.
Personally,I don't have a problem with it as long as everyone is aware of the dangers and how to prevent them before even thinking of grabbing one.
It may be redundant but for anyone that might not know,a hybrid mech makes a solid connection between the atty and battery without a 510 pin on the mod so screwing on an atty with a flush,recessed or loose adjustable 510(mostly subtanks) will create a dead short and cause your battery to vent. No Bueno.....

Anyone else care to chime in?

I'm cool with hybrids, When I started vaping over 5 years ago, every mod could kill you..lol.

Spyg0at

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
No man,that's what this is all about.
It doesn't have to be the new hot item for it to be appreciated. The beauty of these boxes is that you find those forgotten treasures that you might not have known about or slept on because you felt the price was too high at the time or whatever the reason might've been.
In my experience,there have been very few "bad products" in comparison to how many products are out there.
Veteran vapers might scoff at an aerotank now but go ahead and ask them if they've ever owned one.....more often than not you'll get a yes.

You also have the newer crowd and MTL vapers.
Imho,the aerotank was a great stepping stone into DL hitting.

I LOVED my Aerotank Mega. Thing was awesome back then.

renzyb

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have a couple starter stuff I can throw in to start and I'm sure I can part with an rda or two. Also thinking of putting in kanger topbox mini for when it lands here so there is a starter kit for whoever else wants after it goes through the first few people

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bondo

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
What is the deadline to send stuff in? I'm waiting on a package to come. Just got the tracking and it says 7 days

We havn't set a deadline but i'd hope to have it going in a week or two. It really all depends on you guys and how fast everything gets to Mrs. Beauty.
I'm waiting on a few more addresses but once i get those,the only thing that can slow us down is the USPS.:D:rolleyes::oops:o_O

outwest

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I agree about the concerns but I feel that a new or newer vapers wouldn't take something they don't know how to use. I know that doesn't mean they won't so we should put some type of warning on them. No instructions but a warning on a piece of paper that is wrapped around the mod.

Sent from my SM-G925P using Tapatalk
I agree. Perhaps a "not for use with. . ." type warning would be good?

Marine3313

Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Another quick question from this newbie. I have a lot of "opened" e juice. Sill have the label on them just probably got in a sale from others or tried it at the B&M near me and tasted good in there but not so good once I got home and had it in my tanks. There more than 1/2 full but would that be ok if I put some in the box too or do we use only unopened juice? Thanks again.

iVape

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
We havn't set a deadline but i'd hope to have it going in a week or two. It really all depends on you guys and how fast everything gets to Mrs. Beauty.
I'm waiting on a few more addresses but once i get those,the only thing that can slow us down is the USPS.:D:rolleyes::oops:o_O
Ill have to just skip the juice I was going to throw in. Its not going to be here in time. I did throw in some other juice, Gonna try to get this out tomorrow.

Vapingbeauty

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Sivan I post the epifany contribution address here? @Whiskey

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Vapingbeauty

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Ill have to just skip the juice I was going to throw in. Its not going to be here in time. I did throw in some other juice, Gonna try to get this out tomorrow.
Save it for your turn

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Dawn0810

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Okay. I am sending a fairly new RX200 with a custom Vaping Underground splash screen as my initial offering. Call it a PIF primer. Lol. This way someone at the front of the list can have a shot at a cool item. Now, when the box comes to me, I may not put something quite as awesome in..lol. But I am committed to sending that as my first donation.
That's awesome that you're sending that in so someone at the beginning could have a pick of some great stuff. I think like bondo said its based on the honor system and were you and @JuicyLucy are sending in mods that's great because sometimes I feel the first few people don't get that great of a selection.

Sent from the lab in my basement of vapement

Dawn0810

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
@bondo can their be some type of rule were I've seen this happen when the box is getting down to slim pickings if you pick out a great mod and a brand new tank with a few packs of coils I just don't think it's cool to leave the people behind you with not much to choose from if by all means if you need it take it but I just wish things could be a little better if people take the community into mind. I have a large amount of stuff so I'm not going to take the best thing out just because it's the best thing I'm rambling but does that make sense????

Dawn0810

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
It's all good. I'm just along for the ride Gonna keep vaping on...Lovin my cuboid and astill my ijust2...Damn Sub Ohming....lol

Sent from my SM-N910G using Tapatalk
That's what finally got me to quit temp co troll and subohm

Spyg0at

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
@bondo can their be some type of rule were I've seen this happen when the box is getting down to slim pickings if you pick out a great mod and a brand new tank with a few packs of coils I just don't think it's cool to leave the people behind you with not much to choose from if by all means if you need it take it but I just wish things could be a little better if people take the community into mind. I have a large amount of stuff so I'm not going to take the best thing out just because it's the best thing I'm rambling but does that make sense????

I just want an interesting mod or tank..lol

midknight420

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I don't know what I'm looking at getting out of this myself. Maybe a mod. I only have one since I gave my EVIC VTC Mini to my mother in law or perhaps a nifty rda. I use rda's for the most part unless I'm out and about. The anticipation it's the most exciting part for me.

I'm not crazy, my mother had me tested.

Dawn0810

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Don't get me wrong I've just seen people take a mod and put in a broken tank and I'm not talking for me I just would like more people to get a pick of stuff than someone taking a mod then putting a broken one in etc.

Dawn0810

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I don't know what I'm looking at getting out of this myself. Maybe a mod. I only have one since I gave my EVIC VTC Mini to my mother in law or perhaps a nifty rda. I use rda's for the most part unless I'm out and about. The anticipation it's the most exciting part for me.

I'm not crazy, my mother had me tested.
That's the fun part of the box you get to try something you might not necessarily buy

Spyg0at

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Don't get me wrong I've just seen people take a mod and put in a broken tank and I'm not talking for me I just would like more people to get a pick of stuff than someone taking a mod then putting a broken one in etc.

Let's hope everyone remains scrupulous! That's kind of why I wanted to send a good item up front, I am not very well known here (besides in Whiskey's Corner) and I understand "newbies" are an unknown variable.

Dawn0810

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
k8m0arx.jpg

that just happened!
Ok I'm computer illiterate how the hell did you do that I can barely set up the profiles on my DNA200 never mind doing something cool like that I know that is an example but I'm sure it's pretty similar

Sent from the iPad in the basement of vapement

Spyg0at

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You use a firmware editor, open the stock firmware, add a custom splash screen and design it how you want on a pixel-canvas, save the edited firmware then upload it to the mod with the Wismec Update program. It's that easy!

Dawn0810

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
You use a firmware editor, open the stock firmware, add a custom splash screen and design it how you want on a pixel-canvas, save the edited firmware then upload it to the mod with the Wismec Update program. It's that easy!
Where do I find one of these editors??? Lol do I go threw the Wismec site I'm about to send my Dana to someone who knows what the hell they're doing

Dawn0810

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Maybe I'll send a few nice pair of batteries I just saw the efest Bluetooth charger for 28$ I think I'm getting one I love my first one amd somehow it works out I end up needing to charge like 8-12 batteries at once

Spyg0at

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
@Dawn0810 If you want a custom splash, I can put one together for you and email it. You could then just update your RX200 with the file and have a splash screen of your choice. It pops up after you vape, like 10 seconds later. It is not instant.

Spyg0at

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ecig has it for 26$

I paid $25 at a B&M. it was obviously a mistake on their part. I did not know anything about the charger until after I bought it, then I saw how expensive it was (I've had it for a few months) and decided not to go back to that particular shop..lol

Dawn0810

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I paid $25 at a B&M. it was obviously a mistake on their part. I did not know anything about the charger until after I bought it, then I saw how expensive it was (I've had it for a few months) and decided not to go back to that particular shop..lol
You scored. I paid 60 but it came with 6 LG HE2's

VU Sponsors