Parent *Awareness*

Should I let my parent know?

• No

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Doesn’t matter.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Hey all. I’m new here, and “new” to vaping.
I’m using a Snowolf Mfeng with a Prince V12 atomizer on top - and I’m loving it.

Anyway; I turned 18 in December. I had been interested in vaping, and had been going off some of my friends mods for some time.

I currently am a Senior, and live with my mother. She tried vaping to stop smoking a few months back (Eleaf Pico w/ Baby Beast tank) and reported her throat burning and I tried to explain why to her and she didn’t listen because I was a ‘kid.’
Nowadays I have a job, and I’m still in school.
We hardly see each other around the house and do almost everything separately.

Here’s my question;
Should I inform my parent that I am vaping? Or just keep going about my business since I’m old enough to make my own decisions?

(Any actual parents input would be specifically appreciated.)
Also, I’ve done a ton of research on everything I could & was interesting I - so I’m making sure I’m being safe!
Thanks in advance!

VAPEROXX

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Hey all. I’m new here, and “new” to vaping.
I’m using a Snowolf Mfeng with a Prince V12 atomizer on top - and I’m loving it.

Anyway; I turned 18 in December. I had been interested in vaping, and had been going off some of my friends mods for some time.

I currently am a Senior, and live with my mother. She tried vaping to stop smoking a few months back (Eleaf Pico w/ Baby Beast tank) and reported her throat burning and I tried to explain why to her and she didn’t listen because I was a ‘kid.’
Nowadays I have a job, and I’m still in school.
We hardly see each other around the house and do almost everything separately.

Here’s my question;
Should I inform my parent that I am vaping? Or just keep going about my business since I’m old enough to make my own decisions?

(Any actual parents input would be specifically appreciated.)
Also, I’ve done a ton of research on everything I could & was interesting I - so I’m making sure I’m being safe!
Thanks in advance!
Were you a smoker prior to vaping?

http://vapingunderground.com/threads/wts-wtt-aspex-performance-coils.434798/

Rooster Cogburn

Memento Mori
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
I’d say yes, tell her and maybe with your experience and knowledge you can help her find a vape that she will stick with. Of course she has to really want to quit first and foremost but by telling her it will open up the lines of communication and hopefully a new found vigor to try to replace her smoking with vaping. It will also be nice to have a shared experience of vaping with one another to talk about and encourage each other.

VAPEROXX

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Very rarely. I didn’t like the taste at all, but got mildly addicted to the feeling. And I’ve worked myself down from 6mg to 3mg or even 0 and I’m proud of myself so far. I could completely stop - but it’s just such a normal feeling to me now.
I'm really not trying to be an asshole here, but if you weren't a tobacco user, find a different hobby...collect stamps or something. Vaping isn't "cool" for young kids and such. Kids like yourself is one of the reasons that the FDA is killing vaping for us. I understand you are 18, but it doesn't sound to me like your 18th Birthday was your first rip from a vaping device... So, if you're insisting on vaping, maybe some here will help you, but even though we are a friendly, helpful community for vapers; we were tobacco users first. Akin to AA for alcoholics if you will. I would recommend you quit Nicotine now while you're young and still can. Think hard about the collection of stamps...

http://vapingunderground.com/threads/wts-wtt-aspex-performance-coils.434798/

midknight420

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I say that you definitely should tell your parents that you're vaping. My daughter told me that she had tried it, we have always had an open line of communication and are very close. I believe whole heartedly that is very important and always have. My nephew told me when he did too. He's almost 20 now and still vapes. As for your mom, you might try a pod system with her. Many smokers trying to kick the habit with vaping start with a pod system that all they have to do is inhalelike a cigarette. There are many good ones out there now and some you can even put your own juice in.

Sent from my LGMP450 using Tapatalk

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm with VAPEROXX, nothing belongs in your lungs but air...if this is a bullet you can miss....duck.....I have a feeling the reason you won't tell your mom is because she will disaprove, and that is probally because she loves you and knows how dangerous and seductive smoking is, and she would be right. and she maybe afraid you will eventually wind up smoking via vaping....again she may well be right...most of us were and are addicts and we really don't want to see anyone else take the risk.

KingPin!

In my defence, I was left unsupervised ^^
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
tell her ...get the argument out the way if there’s going to be one, have a think about keeping calm though present facts, stand your ground and compromise a little if she’s really against it, so you both win

...your at the ripe age where conflict with parents happens, you are wanting independence, and parents are transitioning learning to let go of the reigns fully...takes a few years yet :) Nearly every family goes through it.

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Just because you haven't told her you vape doesn't necessarily mean that she isn't already aware of the fact that you do vape.
I don't know why, but she always smells fruity Lol

VU Sponsors