Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
EDITED TO ADD...

Suspended vendors
  • 2FDeal (CN)
  • 3aVape (CN)
  • 3FVape (CN)
  • BestEcig (CN)
  • BreakingVap - (not a store, just a vape blog who used paypal to collect donations)
  • Cigabuy (CN)
  • Cloumix (CN)
  • CremeDeVape (UK)
  • CVapor (CN)
  • DXVape (CN)
  • Efun.top (CN)
  • EleafWorld (CN)
  • Everzon (CN)
  • Fasttech (CN)1
  • FocalEcig (CN)
  • HealthCabin (CN)
  • HeavenGifts (CN)
  • HiLiq (CN)
  • Hotecig (CN)2
  • Innokin (FR)
  • Manabush (UK)
  • Molinberry Flavours (UK)
  • NicoVIP (FR)
  • Sourcemore (CN)
  • Supergood eliquid (UK)
  • VapeKing (AU)
  • Vaping101 (UK)
  • VapingZone (CN)
  • VaporBreak (CN)
  • Vapesourcing (CN)
  • Zeus Juice (UK)
  • TBD

1 Fasttech was not really suspended - they can still take paypal for non-vape items. But you can still use Paypal for vape items and still get Paypal buyer protection by messaging FT support with a list of SKUs you want to buy. They will create a manual order in your account and sends you a Paypal invoice. If you buy gift certificate first then buy the vape items, you are not protected by Paypal because the paypal transaction was for the gift cert, not the merchandise.

2 Hotecig now takes paypal through a wonky scheme they call paycode where you are actually paying for the code not for the vape gear, which means your product purchase won't actually be covered by paypal as paypal can only cover you for the actual paypal transaction. Think of it as buying a gift certificate with paypal then using that gift certificate to buy something, only in reverse order lol. Proceed at your own risk.

Note: Some of the Chinese vendors are using alternate paypal accounts. You have to contact them and ask them if you can pay by Paypal. If they have an alternate Paypal account setup, they will tell you how to proceed. Usually it involves placing an order on their website as usual and selecting a specific paypmet option (they'll tell you which one). That will create a pending order. You then contact them with your pending order's order # and tell them you want to pay via Paypal. They will then send you a Paypal invoice link to pay via paypal.

Last edited:

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If deeming enforcement goes as planned I think that vaping in the US will shrink dramatically and become more of a niche market thing. At least open system vaping will, sealed pods and such sold at convenience stores and the like will continue in a more diminished role as well.
That is with the assumption that some sealed pod type systems will be approved.

SAD, very sad...

But I will keep on vapin!!!!

Ms. Trixy

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
I wonder how they were pegged as a vape vendor by PP. They don't have vape in their name. Do they need to disclose what they sell as part of the approval process by PP? This sucks.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Not all China vendors sell solely vape stuff, so it's a possibility. It worked for a few of us last night, putting in small test orders.

eSMOKA

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Whoever invents VapePay will...

...get shut down by the banking system. In fact, they would not be able to start such a processing venture in the first place. When you are a 3rd part processor, you are essentially a merchant with a payment processing merchant account, then you use that processing account to process transactions between 2 parties.

Your application to get a processing merchant account to use as a processor for vape gear would be immediately denied.

This is why 3rd party processors like Paypal do not allow vape and many other high risk products/transactions. They are not allowed to. Otherwise they woud (and they have and still do in many countries) because that's money to be made.

Last edited:

eSMOKA

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
But I will keep on vapin!!!!

As long as my nicotine stash doesn't go bad on me, or I get some sort of illness, or I just decide to up and quit vaping, I'm in it for life. At this point, barring the latter 2, my nic stash going bad is the only other thing that would prevent me from vaping as the hardware I have should work until I'm dead, at least a good chunk of it.
Important thing to keep in mind, OLED screens do degrade over time even without use because they are made with organic materials. This is why I also stocked up on mechs and kicks as well as old mods that have LED screens and VV eGo batteries. I don't need 50,000 jigawatts to vape so it's all good for me. 3.5-4.0 volts does me fine.

The only thing I need to buy at this point is cotton, wire, PG and VG and flavors and I am hoping to ween myself off of flavors at some point an dgo unflavored. Many people vape unflavored so I figure I can do it, too.

eSMOKA

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I wonder how they were pegged as a vape vendor by PP. They don't have vape in their name. Do they need to disclose what they sell as part of the approval process by PP? This sucks.

Paypal investigates. They know what they are processing payments for. All that data is passed to paypal.

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
Fasttech looks all set.
like they thought this one through all the way.
I'd expect more vendors to start accepting crypto payments as the central banking apparatus fails them.

1600029330709.png

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
As long as my nicotine stash doesn't go bad on me, or I get some sort of illness, or I just decide to up and quit vaping, I'm in it for life. At this point, barring the latter 2, my nic stash going bad is the only other thing that would prevent me from vaping as the hardware I have should work until I'm dead, at least a good chunk of it.
Important thing to keep in mind, OLED screens do degrade over time even without use because they are made with organic materials. This is why I also stocked up on mechs and kicks as well as old mods that have LED screens and VV eGo batteries. I don't need 50,000 jigawatts to vape so it's all good for me. 3.5-4.0 volts does me fine.

The only thing I need to buy at this point is cotton, wire, PG and VG and flavors and I am hoping to ween myself off of flavors at some point an dgo unflavored. Many people vape unflavored so I figure I can do it, too.
Same here 66+ and around 30 years of hardware and nic on hand.
May get to decrepit to vape or die but that is life.
Otherwise keeping on vaping.

And screens and boards.. One reason I like my mosfet mods like the squeeze so much. if they do go bad I can always just put a new mosfet in them.
Been suing one squeeze daily for over 2 years the other 9 are backups :)
not counting the 25+ other assorted mods I have.

heck if one is desperate you could convert a regulated mod into a mosfet one...
Might have non working screen or ugly filler for the hole but keep on vapin.

I also have a half dozen replacement boards for my Kbox Mini mods.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Someone on Reddit predicted this months ago as way to shut down international orders. I believed it then and looks like it's happening now. Bastards..
Might have been me.....
Many over there got mad at me for saying what was coming...
down voting my posts into oblivion...
Why I am not longer a Redit member.

imho better to see what is coming so you can better prepare for it vs head in sand ignore it approach.

Head in sand approach seemed to rule over there.

eSMOKA

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Might have been me.....
Many over there got mad at me for saying what was coming...
down voting my posts into oblivion...
Why I am not longer a Redit member.

imho better to see what is coming so you can better prepare for it vs head in sand ignore it approach.

Head in sand approach seemed to rule over there.

At least 50% of the human population just cannot handle realistic thought - they lump it in with "negativity". These are the same people that don't prepare for future problems & disasters even if they have the means to. It scares them and makes them fell like sucking their thumb - get depressed and therefore unable to function in any productive way. It's a psychological defect and it's pandemic (sorry of that makes anyone feel like sucking their thumb - at least 50% of those who read this will lol)

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
At least 50% of the human population just cannot handle realistic thought - they lump it in with "negativity". These are the same people that don't prepare for future problems & disasters even if they have the means to. It scares them and makes them fell like sucking their thumb - get depressed and therefore unable to function in any productive way. It's a psychological defect and it's pandemic (sorry of that makes anyone feel like sucking their thumb - at least 50% of those who read this will lol)
VERY well said and an excellent analysis.
:cheers:

You did leave out about the thumb suckers blaming the ones who warned them for the result of their ignoring the oncoming problem.

Probably some on Redit blaming that Cromwell guy for causing all of this :D

Last edited:

eSMOKA

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Same here 66+ and around 30 years of hardware and nic on hand.
May get to decrepit to vape or die but that is life.
Otherwise keeping on vaping.

And screens and boards.. One reason I like my mosfet mods like the squeeze so much. if they do go bad I can always just put a new mosfet in them.
Been suing one squeeze daily for over 2 years the other 9 are backups :)
not counting the 25+ other assorted mods I have.

heck if one is desperate you could convert a regulated mod into a mosfet one...
Might have non working screen or ugly filler for the hole but keep on vapin.

I also have a half dozen replacement boards for my Kbox Mini mods.

That's the only thing I wish I had stocked up on - mosfet mods. But at this point I can't justify buying any. But I got such good deals on old tube mech that I could not pass them up. I got soe for as litle as 50 cents each. No joke. But I would have like to have had some box mechs with mosfets.

With a 3D printer and a mostfet, Mosfet box mods can be made. Neither of which will be hard to acquire.

Come to think of it, I wonder if it would be a good idea to get on sites like Thingiverse and download STL files of mods and other related stuff that you might want to print out in the future. It wouldn't surprise me if they remove all vape related gear and forbid it in the future.

Since about March I've been hoarding vape videos on Youtube. When I come across a vape tutorial that's helpful to me, I download it to my hard drive. I believe YT will remove all vape relates videos some day. All that knowledge and information down the drain.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The most difficult part on making mods is the 510 connector.

I too got most of my tube mechs for $10 or less. Think I have 8-10 tube mechs.

I have the ability to make small switchfet modules with battery monitoring and 5 clicks on and off.
Have no current plans to do so though.

I love mosfet mods. no worries about contact cleaning, etc.
Same vapoe every time. well depending on the battery charge state. No pinky cramping pressure required on switch, etc.

My tube mechs are last resort items for me.
for one reason I do NOT drip unless testing a new juice.
I squonk 80+ % of my vaping.

eSMOKA

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I squonk 80+ % of my vaping.

I didn't know you were a squonker. I thought you were a staunch Subtank Mini vaper.

The most difficult part on making mods is the 510 connector.

For the past 4 years, every time I ordered from Fasttech I would add at least one 510 connector. I must have well over 20 now.

As far as regulated mod PCBs, I was going to stock up on those, but this past January I got such good deals on regulated mods it didn't make sense to stock any PCBs. I just got more mods instead :) Evolv & Yihi PCBs are too expensive and I don't need premium stuff like that, and all FT has anymore are the Pico 75W clone PCBs, which are a hit and miss if you read the reviews and forum posts. I do have one Vamo V8 and one Jiguan Athena 20W PCB, but I don't plan on using them. Both from FT from many years ago.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I didn't know you were a squonker. I thought you were a staunch Subtank Mini vaper.
LOL not since Lucy corrupted me on squonking.
I still keep a STM for bedside vaping but otherwise squonking.
Pico Squeeze and Wasp Nano mostly. Well always the nano but sometimes use Kanger squonk mods.
Have quite a few other squonk attys but like the nano best.

I probably have about a dozen 510 connectors, both squonk and std.

SMOKIE

THE MODFATHER
Staff member
VU Senior Leadership
VU Senior Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Live Leadership
Show Host
Reviewer
Vape Media
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
What about the UK. They have always taken Pay Pal?

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So the UK will illegally sell vape stuff to the US?

Maybe...
Postage is a bitch from there.

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
LOL not since Lucy corrupted me on squonking.
I still keep a STM for bedside vaping but otherwise squonking.
Pico Squeeze and Wasp Nano mostly. Well always the nano but sometimes use Kanger squonk mods.
Have quite a few other squonk attys but like the nano best.

I probably have about a dozen 510 connectors, both squonk and std.
Ha ha @JuicyLucy is the reason I started squonking too.

eSMOKA

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
What about the UK. They have always taken Pay Pal?

It all depends. Paypal can only accept transactions for products that the banks within that country allow 3PPs (3rd party processors) to process. Just like in the USA, Paypal forbids vape transaction because they are forbidden by the banks to take vape transactions in the USA as a 3PP.

Only time will tell.

For now, I'm calling bullshit on HG about insinuating that PP is not longer allowing vape transactions for chinese retailers. I can't find one other chinese vape retailer that isn't taking PP right now. Paypal knows who is processing vape transactions, they have all the transaction data and it would be very easy to just suspended them all in one day. It coud be HG was suspended erroneously or for some other reason and are spreading misinfo for whatever reason.

eSMOKA

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
So the UK will illegally sell vape stuff to the US?

Maybe...
Postage is a bitch from there.

That's right. Epacket (aka government/tax payer subsidized postage more or less) is really the only reason why it's reasonable to order from China. I wanted to order something from Canada last week, just a small adapter. Chipping cost was $21. It would be about that or more from China if there ws no subsidized postage.

Last edited:

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Amazing how we cry unfair trade practices and use tax dollars to subsidize it.
Personally I am glad because it has benefited me, but on an overall view not so much.
I am sometimes able to see beyond my own personal benefit.

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
This is kind of odd with Health Cabin.
Could it be the word "Health" in the name maybe?
The Electric Tobacconist still accepts PayPal

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
It's not health cabin, it's HeavenGifts.
LOL, My bad. :D

Damn, these payment methods.
1600142449119.png

They don't accept visa?
This company must have done something seriously wrong if the entire US banking system won't touch them.
More wrong than just selling some vapes through PayPal.

eSMOKA

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years

View attachment 169064

They don't accept visa?
This company must have done something seriously wrong if the entire US banking system won't touch them.

There are very few, if any, Chinese vape retailers that take credit cards directly. All the one's I ahve ever bought from use paypal to prices all cards. You can't go by hte logos at the bottom of their sites. They may bave visa and master card logos, but when you go thorugh checkout those cards are accepted, but via paypal.

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
Even Hiliq still accepts PayPal.
They sell nic base, flavoring, pre made juice, etc...

1600143124076.png

I bet they did something shady.
Shadier than selling vapes through PayPal.

You are right, PayPal could/would have just pulled all of the sites at once if not allowing anything vape related was the plan.

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
There are very few, if any, Chinese vape retailers that take credit cards directly. All the one's I ahve ever bought from use paypal to prices all cards. You can't go by hte logos at the bottom of their sites. They may bave visa and master card logos, but when you go thorugh checkout those cards are accepted, but via paypal.

I've never tried using a credit/debit card with a China vendor before.
There was never a reason since they've always accepted PayPal.:D

eSMOKA

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I've never tried using a credit/debit card with a China vendor before.
There was never a reason since they've always accepted PayPal.:D

I never keep money in my paypal account. I always use funds from a credit card for an extra layer of protection. Truth be told, I buy from China, but I don;t trust Chinese retailers. I also barely trust paypal.

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
I use PayPal for that reason. lol
I don't trust China retailers with my card info.
They can go ahead and drain my $8 PayPal balance.

The protection is there with a credit card but it's still a huge pain to go through if you get hit.
I got hit once, a $50 team beachbody charge.
and that was from a US vendor:rolleyes:

My Freedom Smokes used to get "hacked" every couple of months.:facepalm:
It wouldn't surprise me at all if "hacked" meant "some loser employee going on a binge" to them.

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years

View attachment 169064

They don't accept visa?

It’s mostly for the buyers protections most credit card companies provide.

I always pay with a CC even if through PayPal... no questions asked disputes and refunded in less than a few hours on purchases under $1500/$1000

Took them long enough to figure out PayPal really isn’t in their best interest since they withhold payment transfer for 30 days... and why I always said to put a dispute in at day 28, regardless if the item is inoperable, not as described or still in transit... for day 30 and 1 second, the money is theirs and they have zero incentive for CS.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

eSMOKA

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Well it's been about 16 days now and no other Chinese vape vendors that I know of have been suspended for selling vape. I think HG is feeding us BS.

eSMOKA

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I just found out that HiLiq also has lost their paypal account. But I don't know exactly when.

PayPal has ceased operations with their partner merchants in the Vaping Industry, thus, HILIQ will not be able to accept and offer PayPal Payments anymore. We have other payment methods available, please use it and support us and the industry. Thank you!

eSMOKA

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Yeah, I don't know what's going on. Other than HG and now Hiliq, no one is reporting Paypal problems iwth chinese retailers.

All we can do is wait and see.

HG still has not put in an alternate payment method for USA. They just aren't taking any US orders. They ahve something I want to buy and I emailed them 2 days ago bu they pretty much told me sorry, can't take your money righ t now lol. Been over a month they lost their paypal account.

SMOKIE

THE MODFATHER
Staff member
VU Senior Leadership
VU Senior Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Live Leadership
Show Host
Reviewer
Vape Media
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
I could not find anything on PayPal that reflects this.

Those two Chinese vendors may have have been booted from PayPal for other reasons.

eSMOKA

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I could not find anything on PayPal that reflects this.

Those two Chinese vendors may have have been booted from PayPal for other reasons.

And that's what I suspect, yet they are telling people it is because Paypal is booting them for selling vape-related products.

While paypal could easily suspend all Chinese vape vendor accounts in one day, I suppose there could be a method to their suspensions and are rolling out the suspensions in a slow manner in order to maintain their profits as much as possible before being forced to give up ecig transaction profits all at once.

In other words, they may have been told by the banks that they must suspend all ecig vendor accounts by such a and such a date. So they do it slowly because suspending them all at once means they lose money in transaction fees. Yet by suspending a few accounts here and there they show signs of actually complying with the demand. This would be the smartest move for Paypal. They have to do what the banks tell them to do or else they will be out of business. Their whole business relies on compliance.

Who knows. Time will tell.

cmccarthy7128

Member For 3 Years
VU Patreon
If PayPal was told to shut off Vaping Accounts they would do it all at one time. If they let some continue and just shut off a few they would be opening themselves to liability.

Sent from my Lenovo TB-X606F using Tapatalk

eSMOKA

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
If PayPal was told to shut off Vaping Accounts they would do it all at one time. If they let some continue and just shut off a few they would be opening themselves to liability.

Sent from my Lenovo TB-X606F using Tapatalk

That's true, but you left out one important aspect of my theory. The implementation of a deadline rather than a "suspend immediately" order.

In other words, they may have been told by the banks that they must suspend all ecig vendor accounts by such a and such a date.

It's just a theory.

Pastorfuzz

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Also, looks like my Chinese purchases will come to a stop. No way i'm giving them my credit card info voluntarily.

"11"

Silver Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
EDITED TO ADD...

Fasttech is the latest casualty

Also HiLiq is also suspended.

According to HeavenGifts paypal no longer supports vape sales in China now. This is a big deal because most, if not all chinese retailers seem to solely rely on Paypal for their payment processing. What also makes this a big deal is because if Paypal's decision is based on orders from Chinese banks or government, these sites will have a hard time finding merchant processing at all.

Attention: Suspension of PayPal Payment

The last update: 2020-09-10 16:38:07​
Dear Customer,

We receive the notification of Paypal that Paypal will no long support vaping devices transaction. So Heaven Gifts will suspend the Paypal payment from Sep 11, 2020 (GMT+08). The recovery time will be determined. We kindly suggest you use other payment methods at the moment.

HG is seeking close cooperation with more payment companies to solve the payment needs of different currencies and different regions.

Sorry for the inconvenience and thanks for your understanding.

Regards
Heaven Gifts

https://www.heavengifts.com/article/Suspension-paypal.html
That's weird because I ordered an SXMini G Class from Everzon (China) on 9/26/20, paid with PayPal, and it arrived two days ago.

"11"

Silver Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
One way around this if it becomes a reality (though a PITA) is to buy a prepaid VISA or MC CC from the grocery store for about the amount of money you're going to spend. (Can apply any amount to it you want at checkout, then just have to pay that amount and the scanner encodes the card with that credit on it.) Then give them that card.

In fact if you do your shopping first and know the exact price it will be (esp at FT since there's no shipping), can put the exact amount you want on the prepaid card rounded up to the nearest dollar. Then go back to the site and order.

If you order stuff all the time wouldn't be practical, but if you get stuff occasionally it's doable.

EDIT - Now that I think of it, the cards might need to be filled in 10 dollar increments... at least the ones at the grocery store. Not sure.

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
One way around this if it becomes a reality (though a PITA) is to buy a prepaid VISA or MC CC from the grocery store for about the amount of money you're going to spend. (Can apply any amount to it you want at checkout, then just have to pay that amount and the scanner encodes the card with that credit on it.) Then give them that card.

In fact if you do your shopping first and know the exact price it will be (esp at FT since there's no shipping), can put the exact amount you want on the prepaid card rounded up to the nearest dollar. Then go back to the site and order.

If you order stuff all the time wouldn't be practical, but if you get stuff occasionally it's doable.

EDIT - Now that I think of it, the cards might need to be filled in 10 dollar increments... at least the ones at the grocery store. Not sure.
Walmart prepaid gold card costs $3 for the initial purchase. Then $3 to load a minimum of $20. That's what I used for a long time but was using it for PayPal transactions. Would be the same with a card. No worries I would think. Just an inconvenience to have to goto Walmart to load the card. Might be possible to load it from another account though. I'm not sure.

Sent from a pile of wood chips

VU Sponsors