Become a Patron!

Please Help. Trouble with picking the right Mod.

This is my first post on this site (or any other vaping related site). I have been vaping for 3 years.. I keep breaking my Mods. I obviously need help finding the right one for me and my search has been costing me a fortune. I live in the back corner of the universe, in Canada so everything is over priced and hard to find.
I am hard on my ecigs. I have 7 children who, daily, do some kind of damage to it: stopping, jumping on, stealing and throwing it. That is over and above me dropping it, losing pieces too it, immersing it in water.

Ideally I would like a pen style that works with my 18650 batteries. That can output 50 Watts (which is what I use, no matter the mod) that is made out of some kind of metal and waterproof, with a lifetime warranty. I am sure this doesn't exist.

Below are the mods I have tried and what has happened to them if it helps.

Joyetech Eroll - my dog ate it. wasn't strong enough anyway.
Eleaf 20W - not strong enough/broken in half in my pocket.
Vapresso Target Pro - dropped the battery compartment door in a lake and it overheated.
Joyetech Ego - accidentally closed the car door on it and broke it.
Eleaf 50W - dropped in mop bucket and batteries caught on fire.
Eleaf 100W - dropped batter door in a hole / stopped working after 6 months, (was dropped multiple times)
Smok Priv - stopped working 4 months in (was dropped multiple times)
Smoke Alien 220 - mod case cracked and the top of the mod fell off. 2 months in.
Smoke Alien 220 - Hardly dropped it at all (I was so proud) the hole that the tank screws into came unglued from the rest of the mod and fell off, was not able to repair it.
Smok Mag 225 - dropped this 3 times already, I've had it two days. i can already tell this is not going to work out. Way too big.
The only ones of these I spent under $100 on was the Eleaf 20 and the Ego.

Any ideas you guys can give me Please. My mind and my pocketbook can't take any more.

jwill

The Great King of Nothing
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
Welcome to VU. Never had a dog eat a mod and you are rough on them. What is your budget for this next victim... I mean mod?

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Here's one you can wear around your neck or hang it up somewhere or put a longer lanyard on it for pants pocket. Not waterproof but build super solid and a really good mod.
http://modefined.com/sirius-2/

jwill - Thanks for the welcome. I would like to pay less than $100 but honestly I would be willing to pay more if I didn't have to replace another mod.
Vapefan - Sirius..I will definitely do some more research on sounds like a solid mod for sure. First solid candidate. Thank you.
PoppaVic -You would be surprised how much ductape that takes... it was cheaper to replace the mod. j/k. :)

Kranky Kanger

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Geekvape Aegis, damn thing is almost bullet proof. They are water proof, shock resistant, and dust proof. If the kids though it, it'll break or damage whatever it hits. The down side is, it is a bit heavy (mine with full tank weighs 339g), and they are NOT USB rechargeable so external charging is a must. Another down side is, the Aegis uses a single 26650 battery. So you'd have to get a couple of 26650s and a charger that accepts them if you don't already have one. If you are dead set on using 18650s then the Aegis isn't for you. But if you are willing to make the investment a switch, the Aegis is hard to beat for durability. I've dropped mine several times and destroyed one tank, and broken the glass twice. Mod still works fine, a few scratches to show for it and that's it. It's a tough mod. Just a suggestion.

Another great candidate. Waterproof, shockproof and dust proof sounds almost me proof. I'll be researching this one as well. thank you.

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
It's not the mods.
Train your dog.
So your kids steal your mod. :wait: Why is it that your children can, and want, to get their hands on it:facepalm:
Why is it floating around in your car, to get damaged.
Are you handicapped? That many drops is most likely you multitask with a mod in your hand.
Things don't last if you don't take care of them.
Problem solved

Kranky Kanger

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
" Another down side is, the Aegis uses a single 26650 battery. So you'd have to get a couple of 26650s and a charger that accepts them if you don't already have one. If you are dead set on using 18650s then the Aegis isn't for you."

OPPS! I have to retract that statement, I forgot the Aegis comes with an adapter that will allow you to use 18650s! It's just a silicone sleeve that fits over the battery and allows it to fit snug in the battery compartment. Also some of the newer kits come with a second battery cap that will allow you to use 20 and 21700s as well. Like I said, totally forgot about those features. I've never used 18650s in my Aegis so didn't even think about it, and I got mine before they came out with the 2X700 cap. So, use whatever battery you like in it! :cheers:

Oh I know it's me. My life is crazy and with it you learn to live with the craziness. I might as well be trying to calmly vape while riding on a wooden raft over white water rapids blindfolded. Unfortunately for my mods, my life isn't going to start slowing down until my kids are older (that's like 10 years or more away). In the mean time, I need to find a tank of a mod to stand up to my "eye of the storm" lifestyle.

Kanger - Thanks for the info on the Aegis. That would by me time to buy the larger batteries if need be, what an awesome feature.

Kevinor762

Member For 1 Year
The SMOK Mag BABY is on smoks website.
It looks a lot more stealthy and of course smaller than the regular mag as I find it too large of a mod.

VU Sponsors