Become a Patron!

PLEASE POST BUGS AND RELATED ISSUES HERE. MODS AND ADMIN CAN ANSWER.

Status
Not open for further replies.

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Hmm, is this what you wanted? It's what I use a lot now. :)

(click for larger)

That's only good for the very last post... I want the old dot that was beside the thread name, which would take you to your leave-off spot, with the first new post you haven't yet read.

Andria

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Well before I forget and I guarantee I will. Do folks still get a custom title for donating? Or is that not an automatic thing. If it's not and it's something you have to adjust manually, DON't do it now as you're busy enough. But if it's supposed to happen automatically I guess that's a bug because it didn't. :)

You go into your profile and put the text you want in that spot -- after you've donated. If you haven't added any text for that spot, there won't be anything there.

Andria

CJ

VU Webmaster
Staff member
VU Senior Leadership
VU Senior Administrator
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
That's only good for the very last post... I want the old dot that was beside the thread name, which would take you to your leave-off spot, with the first new post you haven't yet read.

Andria
Annotation 2020-07-05 152312.png

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

All y'all that keep posting those thumbnails, I wish you would stop and just post the image, because the thumbnails don't lead to anything except an error that says

Oops! We ran into some problems.
You do not have permission to view this page or perform this action.

So I have no earthly idea what you were trying to communicate.

Andria

CJ

VU Webmaster
Staff member
VU Senior Leadership
VU Senior Administrator
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
All y'all that keep posting those thumbnails, I wish you would stop and just post the image, because the thumbnails don't lead to anything except an error that says

Oops! We ran into some problems.
You do not have permission to view this page or perform this action.

So I have no earthly idea what you were trying to communicate.

Andria
I posted the full image. Anyway at the top of the thread page theres a "Jump to New" button.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I posted the full image. Anyway at the top of the thread page theres a "Jump to New" button.

Well, that's not nearly as good as the dot beside the thread name in the 'watched threads' list; you'd have to actually go to the thread, THEN click that, just to do what one click would have done on the old system.

And that wasn't a full image, it's just a thumbnail, which looks like this:
7d5c13c6a4ee877de2c52b1fd66d6ed8219e561c.jpg

Andria

Anibird

Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Reddit Exile
The site is working on chrome on my phone now. Thanks if you did something and if not thanks for giving me a place to gripe when things don't work right!

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
All the threads I'm alerted to take me to the last read post. I'm sometimes not getting alerts to things I just read, but I see them in new posts, at least, so I click.

Tornadoalleydeb

Vaping whilst slaying dragons in the land of Tyria
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
You go into your profile and put the text you want in that spot -- after you've donated. If you haven't added any text for that spot, there won't be anything there.

Andria
There is supposed to be a blank spot right under my avatar to fill in with something and there is no "blank spot" That's something the mods have to add manually apparently. I am sure they will get to it in time. Thank you though. If I could post the screenshot to show you I would but it won't let me on this thread. :)

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Could the new Dark Mode be changed to something like this, please?

darkreaderaddonirk6r.png

gadget!

"The Trader"
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
VU Patreon
There is supposed to be a blank spot right under my avatar to fill in with something and there is no "blank spot" That's something the mods have to add manually apparently. I am sure they will get to it in time. Thank you though. If I could post the screenshot to show you I would but it won't let me on this thread. :)
@debinnv
Using a browser click on your avatar, then click on "Account Details" then you will see it under your avatar.
e0acf2179c6fba1c498bba17597fe497.jpg
cf09223e3f044877fd121cb6a1855b13.jpg

Sent from a Galaxy far far away

Tornadoalleydeb

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
lol I love you guys so much. But yes, @Huckleberried is correct :) But thank you guys for trying to help. They will get to it. I think we have more pressing issues at hand right now. I had only asked as I thought maybe it was a bug with the new site that's all.

gadget!

"The Trader"
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
VU Patreon
Well for what it's worth, I'm digging the upgrade!
I really appreciate all the hard work that went into this.
Being a Web Site Designer, I know how much is involved in a major upgrade like this.

Sent from a Galaxy far far away

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

That's truly weird; seems to me they need to have that in their regular code, a flag or something, that when someone has donated, that flag triggers that option; they shouldbn';t need to do it manually! How archaic! It should look like this:

608723c71d1aa4e9dcc939df9bb60cfcfeb48610.jpg

Andria

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Reporting a typo: uprade

• PLEASE POST ANY UPRADE BUGS TO OUR ON GOING THREAD --HERE--

THANK YOU for pointing that out! :blowkiss: It's been driving me batshit!

Also, I have a new "bug" to report -- those puffin quit smoking banners aren't being updated; got to be some malfunction in the caching, but that's a huge deal for those of us who are proud to have quit so many days and dollars ago. I had to get a new banner, once I noticed that mine had been saying "2170 days" for 2 or 3 days now. Once i put in the code for the new banner, then it updated, but does that mean that we'll all have to put in new banner code EVERY SINGLE DAY just to see our progress????

And yes, it's PAINFULLY slow tonight. AGONIZINGLY.

Andria

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
THANK YOU for pointing that out! :blowkiss: It's been driving me batshit!

Also, I have a new "bug" to report -- those puffin quit smoking banners aren't being updated; got to be some malfunction in the caching, but that's a huge deal for those of us who are proud to have quit so many days and dollars ago. I had to get a new banner, once I noticed that mine had been saying "2170 days" for 2 or 3 days now. Once i put in the code for the new banner, then it updated, but does that mean that we'll all have to put in new banner code EVERY SINGLE DAY just to see our progress????

And yes, it's PAINFULLY slow tonight. AGONIZINGLY.

Andria

Once again... had to insert new banner code to see updated stats. Totally unsat!!!

Andria

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
Once again... had to insert new banner code to see updated stats. Totally unsat!!!

Andria

I had that puffin eliquids one that you use for the first 3 or 4 years but then it started acting goofy on me so I switched it.
it wasn't the same problem you're having.
mine stopped showing up for some reason. it showed a broken link.

Rob B.

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee

Andria

I tried a couple different banners, and it seems they all have their idiosyncrasies and glitches. I finally got sick of having to pay attention to them, and just made my own with a quit date. Little cuts to time wasters here and there, can help out the day. I'm pretty busy with my job, and I have to pay close attention, and be organized. Life can be/is high maintenance.

ezgif-4-f14d3dff59c5.gif

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
How do we leave feedback now?

ETA: Had my question answered elsewhere. Never mind.

Last edited:

Tornadoalleydeb

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Okay another possible bug. It leeps saying I have to accept cookies in order to log in but I AM logged in and I did accept cookies quite a few days ago

Smigo

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Okay another possible bug. It leeps saying I have to accept cookies in order to log in but I AM logged in and I did accept cookies quite a few days ago
I get similar. When I first open the forum and click on the bell shaped alerts it says that same thing to me and it wont show me them. But if I go into any of the topic sections I can click on it and it opens.

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader

Give it a try now.

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader

There has been a lot of work happening on the forum today.
I have a feeling that may be the reason.
It may even happen again.

Please let us know if it happens again though.
Thank You:)

gopher_byrd

Cranky Old Fart
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon

Couple of things:
1. When I just click like intending to just like a post I have to confirm it. If I'm just going to like a post I should not need to wait for the reactions to all pop up. Annoying... :(
2. This thread, I could not add a post without replying to another post. I wanted to just add item 1 and now there is a need for item two.
3. Adding those options for watch and receive emails when replying to a thread, me no likey. I just want post reply...

gopher_byrd

Cranky Old Fart
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
And now the reply box is back, ignore item two above.

Question for admins, does this software allow you to test as a regular user? If not you should create a temp normal user login to use so you are seeing things as us regular users. I admin databases and they have the function to choose a user group to test.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I tried a couple different banners, and it seems they all have their idiosyncrasies and glitches. I finally got sick of having to pay attention to them, and just made my own with a quit date. Little cuts to time wasters here and there, can help out the day. I'm pretty busy with my job, and I have to pay close attention, and be organized. Life can be/is high maintenance.

ezgif-4-f14d3dff59c5.gif

The problem isn't with the banners though, those work just fine -- it's that VU isn't allowing the banners to update so that current stats can be seen -- the only way to get them to update is to insert whole new code. Which I can certainly do, but it's a pain in the ass; the old VU showed the banners correctly.

Andria

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
Couple of things:
1. When I just click like intending to just like a post I have to confirm it. If I'm just going to like a post I should not need to wait for the reactions to all pop up. Annoying... :(.

What are you using?
Phone, laptop, taptalk...?

I just liked your post with my burner account.
I didn't have to confirm anything.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Couple of things:
1. When I just click like intending to just like a post I have to confirm it. If I'm just going to like a post I should not need to wait for the reactions to all pop up. Annoying... :(
2. This thread, I could not add a post without replying to another post. I wanted to just add item 1 and now there is a need for item two.
3. Adding those options for watch and receive emails when replying to a thread, me no likey. I just want post reply...

I think if you just tap "Like" quickly and with a light touch, the thumbs up Like will display.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Ok, I have a problem. I just made my first long post since the upgrade. It was a pain in the ass.

I was typing notes underneath a recipe I had copied and pasted from ELR. As I typed, when my cursor would move to a new line, the dialog box would not advance so that I could continue to see what I was typing. I would have to stop, move the screen up, and then resume typing.

Now, typing this post, the dialog box is acting fine. I don't know if there are invisible control characters in the text I posted from ELR that were messing with the other post, but damn if it was not really super aggravating.

Ok it just did it again. The box didn't move up until I actually keyed the first letter of this line. My screen is oriented so that the line I am typing into is at the very bottom of the screen, and when the cursor advances to the next line, if I am not actively typing right then, the cursor positions itself where I cannot see it. This is weird.

Now I'm going to have to manually move the screen up so that I can see the button to post my reply.

gopher_byrd

Cranky Old Fart
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
What are you using?
Phone, laptop, taptalk...?

I just liked your post with my burner account.
I didn't have to confirm anything.
Chrome on a laptop with a mouse. What was happening was a dialog box came up asking me to confirm the like if I just clicked on the like that shows before hovering. If I clicked on the like with the rest of the reactions I didn't get the confirmation.

That is all moot now as it is working this morning.

Now I will post additional stuff to confirm @nadalama's post. When I was typing nada's tag the little box that would give you options for users was below the text entry box and not seen unless I scrolled up the page.

And she is correct. If I hit enter it won't move up until I type a character and I need to scroll the page down to hit the post button.

Tornadoalleydeb

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon

So far so good. It didn't come up this morning :)

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I have noticed a small issue with notification. Sometimes it has a little red number of new notes and other not. It is a very handy tool I use often.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Everyone's pointing out all the problems (including me!), but I wanted to express my pleasure about how the "alerts" and PMs and profile icons are there at the top of th screen even after I've scrolled down -- that's a GREAT change!! AWESOME! ? Also love that thumbs-up doohickey!

Andria

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
But, STILL having to insert whole new banner code, to see updated stats on my quit banner.

I was curious, because when I go to the interface to update the signature, it actually shows the updated stats, so I wondered if maybe just saving it again might make it update in the forum, but it doesn't; it still shows the old stats, even if I re-save what was already there -- the only thing that will force it to update the stats is to insert whole new code. Which tells me that the caching is TOTALLY FUCKED UP.

Also -- when you select something in the forum, either to type over it for an edit, or to copy it, the background needs to change to a visible color -- right now, selected text gives NO indication that it's been selected.

Andria

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Also -- when I posted that msg just above, I clicked "post reply," not "preview" -- but it popped up a preview anyway, and then when I went back to the msg and clicked "post reply" again, it told me I had to wait 4 seconds, blah blah blah, like a double-post thing... so, rather than continuing to do that, risking a double-post, I just selected all the text in the above and copied it, just in case I needed to repost it -- and then hit F5 to update the screen, and the msg was there, no need to do it again

What I discovered with that glitch is that selecting text does have a visible background color, but it's so light, so close to white, that it's VERY hard to see -- that CSS really needs changing, to make it more apparent that text has been selected.

Andria

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
But, STILL having to insert whole new banner code, to see updated stats on my quit banner.

I was curious, because when I go to the interface to update the signature, it actually shows the updated stats, so I wondered if maybe just saving it again might make it update in the forum, but it doesn't; it still shows the old stats, even if I re-save what was already there -- the only thing that will force it to update the stats is to insert whole new code. Which tells me that the caching is TOTALLY FUCKED UP.

Also -- when you select something in the forum, either to type over it for an edit, or to copy it, the background needs to change to a visible color -- right now, selected text gives NO indication that it's been selected.

Andria
Have you considered swapping banners like @5150sick suggested?
his is working.

gopher_byrd

Cranky Old Fart
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
With the standard theme selecting text that you're typing before posting is hard to see as it's a light grey like @AndriaD said. Using the dark theme it's easier to see as it's black on a dark grey.

The quit banner has been a problem in the past, I don't remember if was here or ECF though. Since I use the same banner as AndriaD mine is not updating as well. I think that would only update once a day, but mine is 3 days off now. Ours is from puffin e-liquid. I guess I'll bite the bullet and change banners again.

gopher_byrd

Cranky Old Fart
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
The Puffin banner problem may be with it wanting to update every hour. I just changed over to the same one @5150sick uses so I can be done with it. I don't want to be bothered with updating my sig every day.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Have you considered swapping banners like @5150sick suggested?
his is working.
With the standard theme selecting text that you're typing before posting is hard to see as it's a light grey like @AndriaD said. Using the dark theme it's easier to see as it's black on a dark grey.

The quit banner has been a problem in the past, I don't remember if was here or ECF though. Since I use the same banner as AndriaD mine is not updating as well. I think that would only update once a day, but mine is 3 days off now. Ours is from puffin e-liquid. I guess I'll bite the bullet and change banners again.

Yeah, I hate that banner, because you see how 5150's is doing, that "7 yrs, -1 month" thing -- mine does the same thing right now, "6 yrs, -1 month", since I'm almost at 6 yrs smokefree. After the 25th, it might be a consideration, but I've had troubles with that banner in the past, which is why I switched to puffin's. The arithmetic is seriously goofy with it, and it also has a tendency to not update -- I ran into that very problem with it way back in 2015 at ECF, when they updated their software, the same exact thing I'm seeing now here, with the puffin banner.

I don't switch to the dark theme because 1) I was used to white screens with the old VU, even if it did have a dark wallpaper background, and 2) I'm used to Quora which is also white-bg. But it should not be that hard to change the bg color CSS of selected text!

Andria

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
Yeah, I hate that banner, because you see how 5150's is doing, that "7 yrs, -1 month" thing -- mine does the same thing right now, "6 yrs, -1 month", since I'm almost at 6 yrs smokefree. After the 25th, it might be a consideration, but I've had troubles with that banner in the past, which is why I switched to puffin's. The arithmetic is seriously goofy with it, and it also has a tendency to not update -- I ran into that very problem with it way back in 2015 at ECF, when they updated their software, the same exact thing I'm seeing now here, with the puffin banner.

I don't switch to the dark theme because 1) I was used to white screens with the old VU, even if it did have a dark wallpaper background, and 2) I'm used to Quora which is also white-bg. But it should not be that hard to change the bg color CSS of selected text!

Andria

We did the opposite.
?

Status
Not open for further replies.

VU Sponsors