Become a Patron!

Post your builds

Rommel

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Lol, tried a parallel on my Plume Veil. Ended up inhaling the delrin insulator... Oops.

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Lol, tried a parallel on my Plume Veil. Ended up inhaling the delrin insulator... Oops.
The Plume Veil has the most poorly designed top cap of the entire RDA world. Best bet is to bin the naffing thing and replace it with a Chuff cap.

Rommel

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Well... Yeah. Its innovative, but absolutely pointless. It doesnt insulate shit and it just sits there with nothing to do. Sure, airflow, blaa blaa, but those airholes are so tiny they dont do anything.

cmbrstefan

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I don't own one but I have played around with one. I do seem to notice that there is no point in screwing that insulator down till it is hitting coils. But seems like many just turn it down without noticing or caring how far down they are

Rommel

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
It reduces the chamber and thats supposed to produce better flavor, but i still think its pointless.

alex31804

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I use it with certain juices, just kinda fine tuning the flavor intensity. It works for me, but i also have my barrel flipped and tabs on the top cap grinded off (more airflow). My flavor suffered a bit (again on some juices) so thats when i started using the top cap to make a smaller chamber. I let the top of the insulator just poke out of the top cap, from there I still have 2 or 3 full turns before im really at risk of burning it.it. Thats just what I do so i can replicate the same vape each time.

61c71f6b08a4c30138e146830b47c041.jpg

Zipper coil

alex31804

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
752d9753bd7a67127a52b88bf9033ce6.jpg

22 gauge with 30 gauge clapton

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
kwXWLtT.png

Time to go back to basics......2ohm dual 22g micros. Simple can be divine.

Agreed!

I just did this:

My good 'ol AGA-T2+ finally had it's coil give up the ghost, so built this using the same ancient #400 SS wick.

A classic 5-wrap, but using homemade twisted 33 gauge Kanthal for 1.6 Ohms.
Works nicely on my MVPv2 at 8-9W.

GD flash shows all of the white hairs...argh...

Last edited:

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Agreed!

I just did this:

My good 'ol AGA-T2+ finally had it's coil give up the ghost, so built this using the same ancient #400 SS wick.

A classic 3/4 wrap, but using homemade twisted 33 gauge Kanthal for 1.6 Ohms.

You and I rock that "distinguished rogue" look quite well sir.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

havok333

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Agreed!

I just did this:

A classic 3/4 wrap, but using homemade twisted 33 gauge Kanthal for 1.6 Ohms.

Love the AGA-T2!!! Its still a solid gennie when built to wick correctly. Do you roll the mesh solid or leave it a tiny bit hollow?

The.Drifter

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Decided to give SS mesh wicking another shot so this morning I rebuilt my Sat22 to run on the Robbot ZNA :)

Was shooting for something simple in the 0.8 - 1.0 ohm range, decided to try this:

8whbt6eh221c0bp6g.jpg

If you like this coil app you can check it out here: Coil Toy - Online calculator for e-cigarette resistance coil building

So this is what it looks like built, came out to 0.8 ohms :D
63h3fhg12l83fa76g.jpg

Little closer shot:
zf3koqk7gbbdjuq6g.jpg

Flavor and vape are enjoyable, just got to remember to do the "Genny Tilt" with this build ;)

667tcfwztdbz3i66g.jpg

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Love the AGA-T2!!! Its still a solid gennie when built to wick correctly. Do you roll the mesh solid or leave it a tiny bit hollow?

Yeah, me too. I have others I enjoy like the H-atty and my Pulse-G clone, but still love the simple 'ol AGA-T2+.
Fairly solid wicks here, but I vape mostly high VG juices, so I leave about a paperclip or pin-sized center hole. That wick is from last year..lol! :)

rdwilliamson

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
ca61c351275999ad9209c405870d4dc9.jpg
bd0b521c714856689092f9e56662494a.jpg

10/9 twisted 30awg. Dual coil. 1 ohm. Works good at around 26 watts.

Sent from my educated phone using tapatalk

Cloudz4Days

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Flat 2 strand twisted 22 gauge dual coil.
c48ed91c8cd00741f7514a8dd28850a9.jpg

My vape mail has started to roll in.
I put together my first coil last night, but my mod isn't here so I don't know how it'll do. It's 28g kan, 9 wrap over a 2.5mm allen, dual. Shooting for 1 ohm. It's in a Memphis to & I have a Stingray X on the way.

My goal is to have a cool vape with decent production. I've never smoked, I'm using ecigs as an alternative to snacking & have dropped some significant weight. But, I lung hit, so I'm toasting coils on my replaceables...time to upgrade.

How'd I do?
I planned on building it at my workbench, but ended up putting it together in the dark while watching TV w/my wife.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1414679750416.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1414679750416.jpg
    223.5 KB · Views: 52

JediTT

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My vape mail has started to roll in.
I put together my first coil last night, but my mod isn't here so I don't know how it'll do. It's 28g kan, 9 wrap over a 2.5mm allen, dual. Shooting for 1 ohm. It's in a Memphis to & I have a Stingray X on the way.

My goal is to have a cool vape with decent production. I've never smoked, I'm using ecigs as an alternative to snacking & have dropped some significant weight. But, I lung hit, so I'm toasting coils on my replaceables...time to upgrade.

How'd I do?
I planned on building it at my workbench, but ended up putting it together in the dark while watching TV w/my wife.
Pretty good job for a 1st coil build. Try pulsing the mod until the coils are red and then take some tweezers and give the coils a squeeze. Also remember to check your resistance before firing any build especially when using a mechanical. Safety first.

Pretty good job for a 1st coil build. Try pulsing the mod until the coils are red and then take some tweezers and give the coils a squeeze. Also remember to check your resistance before firing any build especially when using a mechanical. Safety first.

Thanks for the tip. I've already wicked it, so I'll probably wait to compress the coils until I rewick.

I got my Orchid V2 (clone) in the mail yesterday as well, but didn't realize it until I was headed to bed.
So, tonight I need to build the coils for it. The Orchid looks SO tiny compared to the Mephisto. The local B&M recommended 1.5 Ω for the cooler vape I'm looking for in the Orchid V2.

What are you guys' thoughts on Ω & inner diameter for my 2 atomizers?

Here's what I'm planning on building for the Orchid (28g/3mm/16wraps/dual)
http://coiltoy.ermeso.com/?import$119$0$6$2$300$0$2$40$0$15$0$

Thanks

Cloudz4Days

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Thanks for the tip. I've already wicked it, so I'll probably wait to compress the coils until I rewick.

I got my Orchid V2 (clone) in the mail yesterday as well, but didn't realize it until I was headed to bed.
So, tonight I need to build the coils for it. The Orchid looks SO tiny compared to the Mephisto. The local B&M recommended 1.5 Ω for the cooler vape I'm looking for in the Orchid V2.

What are you guys' thoughts on Ω & inner diameter for my 2 atomizers?

Here's what I'm planning on building for the Orchid (28g/3mm/16wraps/dual)
http://coiltoy.ermeso.com/?import$119$0$6$2$300$0$2$40$0$15$0$

Thanks

I've ordered an orchid as well. I build my cloud coils at 3mm. I like big coils. I always squeeze my coils just because I'm anal about the appearance of my coils. It's a learning curve . You'll figure out exactly how you like them soon enough. Do they heat evenly? From center to outside? Wouldn't think they do.
ca03c862e418c2a71321ea9be5123e04.jpg

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
YLfF2Dv.png

qjeXVij.png

14 wraps of 24g for a total of .6ohms
This is is built on a Doge, and specifically for vaping on the God Box.........THIS CHUCKS!

The.Drifter

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I thought I would share my Lancia build :D

I used all the 3mm air posts to go with my wide bore drip tip, lots of airflow for this build ;)

Dual 26G spaced coils over 3mm screw came out to 0.48 ohms. On a fresh battery 4.2 Volts = 8.75 Amps at 36.75 Watts

For my spaced coils I like to use a screw to keep everything even:
fti7buxt852cx3f6g.jpg

Shot of the Duals after wrapping:
14s5l5mf3weso9h6g.jpg

Side shot of a coil:
8mnxb29rzke7yje6g.jpg

I use the screws to help mount the coils:
bsnjrkxsw8smnjx6g.jpg

Shot of the mounted coils from the top:
uok5kre4v5atqdk6g.jpg

Mounted coil shot from the side:
48nmns2e2bnmsu06g.jpg

Couple shots of test firing :)

Medium glow:
f3iwnfuuu4fmu1y6g.jpg

more power to it:
zwc5dnz94jg79fa6g.jpg

I use Rayon for the wicking, shot of it pulled thru and trimmed to be fuzzy:
33jz3a37hwfa93r6g.jpg

Wick juiced and tucked:
5tk8eq1jmg3al786g.jpg

Wick chambered:
4pqdg86nlc6524z6g.jpg

Final build shot:
zqab016ghkg7klm6g.jpg

havok333

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I thought I would share my Lancia build :D

I used all the 3mm air posts to go with my wide bore drip tip, lots of airflow for this build ;)

Dual 26G spaced coils over 3mm screw came out to 0.48 ohms. On a fresh battery 4.2 Volts = 8.75 Amps at 36.75 Watts

For my spaced coils I like to use a screw to keep everything even:
fti7buxt852cx3f6g.jpg

Shot of the Duals after wrapping:
14s5l5mf3weso9h6g.jpg

Side shot of a coil:
8mnxb29rzke7yje6g.jpg

I use the screws to help mount the coils:
bsnjrkxsw8smnjx6g.jpg

Shot of the mounted coils from the top:
uok5kre4v5atqdk6g.jpg

Mounted coil shot from the side:
48nmns2e2bnmsu06g.jpg

Couple shots of test firing :)

Medium glow:
f3iwnfuuu4fmu1y6g.jpg

more power to it:
zwc5dnz94jg79fa6g.jpg

I use Rayon for the wicking, shot of it pulled thru and trimmed to be fuzzy:
33jz3a37hwfa93r6g.jpg

Wick juiced and tucked:
5tk8eq1jmg3al786g.jpg

Wick chambered:
4pqdg86nlc6524z6g.jpg

Final build shot:
zqab016ghkg7klm6g.jpg
Could have SWORN I just liked this a few minutes ago, lol.

havok333

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
LOL, we get around don't we ? :D
About the Lancia of which I know nothing, how much juice its into it before it drowns the coils? I'm liking the glass chamber, bet that looks cool when fired. Probably don't wanna know, but how much do they run?

The.Drifter

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
About the Lancia of which I know nothing, how much juice its into it before it drowns the coils? I'm liking the glass chamber, bet that looks cool when fired. Probably don't wanna know, but how much do they run?

Got mine at Focalcig for $20 from the US warehouse. Came with a SS, Glass, and Plastic sleeves plus extra screws and o-rings.

From that rayon wicking I can get about 5-6 drops per coil, so about 10 nice pulls before the wick dries out. The coil air posts are quite high but the deck is low, so if you fill it up to just below the air posts it would show thru the glass. Not really a pocket friendly RDA, it will leak if you don't keep it upright.

havok333

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Got mine at Focalcig for $20 from the US warehouse. Came with a SS, Glass, and Plastic sleeves plus extra screws and o-rings.

From that rayon wicking I can get about 5-6 drops per coil, so about 10 nice pulls before the wick dries out. The coil air posts are quite high but the deck is low, so if you fill it up to just below the air posts it would show thru the glass. Not really a pocket friendly RDA, it will leak if you don't keep it upright.
Thanks! Looked like something that would cost a ton but I stand corrected! Might have to try one out.

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Decided to give SS mesh wicking another shot so this morning I rebuilt my Sat22 to run on the Robbot ZNA :)

Was shooting for something simple in the 0.8 - 1.0 ohm range, decided to try this:

8whbt6eh221c0bp6g.jpg

If you like this coil app you can check it out here: Coil Toy - Online calculator for e-cigarette resistance coil building

63h3fhg12l83fa76g.jpg

Little closer shot:
zf3koqk7gbbdjuq6g.jpg

Flavor and vape are enjoyable, just got to remember to do the "Genny Tilt" with this build ;)

667tcfwztdbz3i66g.jpg
CUrWKad.png

CUrWKad.png

7 wraps of 24g for .7ohms....3mm mandrel. Japanese cotton auto-drip.

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
2e18b65c113966ce9dad7e0bff045205.jpg

I know it looks a little messy but its my first build on the Stillare V3..three 24g coils came it at .14 ohms..drilled out the hole in the top cap under the drip tip
to 5/16"..its a cooler vape than before and produces huge fluffy white clouds and superb flavor..guess three coils are better than two! Lol
from Droid Maxx using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Private192

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
m8KlIij.jpg

dual 28g kanthal with 8 wraps at 2mm producing .6 ohms.

Private192

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Okay here is one more to get the ball rolling

2 strands of 28g twisted and than twisted with a second 2 strand twisted 28g around a 3mm screw driver, meters out at 0.37 ohm single coil

KxwCb5Rl.jpg
absolutely stunning....
gotta love this stuff

Last edited:

Private192

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years

8whbt6eh221c0bp6g.jpg

63h3fhg12l83fa76g.jpg

Little closer shot:
zf3koqk7gbbdjuq6g.jpg

667tcfwztdbz3i66g.jpg
cool app

Brian33

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1415008871.861477.jpg
Just rebuild. 20g 6/7 is this too much for an LG bat?

Cloudz4Days

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
here's some info on what your pulling from the batts
e7a6afaa3fa45f5846f90c4d2c64daf9.jpg
ff4ee670a212a526aedcea2a7bc69aec.jpg

Cloudz4Days

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Lg 2500mah
I'm guessing the he2 LG batts which are 20a continuous 35a pulse which are rumored to also be what efest are rewrapping for their purple 35a which I use and have had no problems pushing way beyond what you are. I'm not recommending you do the same I just do.

Brian33

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I'm guessing the he2 LG batts which are 20a continuous 35a pulse which are rumored to also be what efest are rewrapping for their purple 35a which I use and have had no problems pushing way beyond what you are. I'm not recommending you do the same I just do.
Oh ok. Cool. Im just doing 2-3 second hits for clouds but regularly i do a one second hit. Just for the safe side of things. I might sell these two and get some vtc5s my vape shop has the last batch.

Cloudz4Days

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Orchid v1 24g 6/7 dual coils at .16
e298c6657b21691a2367db00764d3f1d.jpg

Cloudz4Days

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Flattened twisted 20g dual coils at an undisclosed ohm on a 30mm tobh
7ee33737c830c434a91f7e7b825a7f21.jpg

Justin B.

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Seen this quad coil build here and had to try it. 26g kanthal 10 wraps on what I think was a 3/32 drill bit but I think it was smaller cause the op came out to .2 ohm mine is at .17 but really good vapor and flavor

Attachments

• _20141104_171558.JPG
    _20141104_171558.JPG
    504.5 KB · Views: 60
Last edited:

rdwilliamson

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years