Become a Patron!

Post your builds

Dirtball

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I have a hard time getting the ohms up, its 28g royal with 5 wraps dual parallel, @ .06 ohms

rdwilliamson

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
30g wrapped with ribbon wire. Paralleled with triple twisted 32g.

Sent from my educated phone using tapatalk

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1416700295764.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1416700295764.jpg
    120.6 KB · Views: 43

Iamme

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
dd7a875bf30d6401de998042e9e31abf.jpg
Basic center micro. .9ohm 13 wrap 24ga. Crappy phone pic.

MacTechVpr

Bronze Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Tension winding will be my next big thing to experiment with, MacTechVpr has convinced me.

Rom, it's like home plate. It's where we start from and where we'd like to end up. And the measure of everywhere we've been in between.

Good luck.

:)

Not my first build but first using 22g 5 wrap running at .18 ohm
zfNabS.jpg

Saddly now this next one was a pain in the butt to do but figured why not do it for the hell of it
vGCLWw.jpg

Quad coil 22g each pair is a soild wire bad thing about it. its right at .09 ohms *sniff* Way to hot will do a repost when i remake this using 26g
*Edit* Never mind it get hot fast but flavor is great vape so-so but hey ill let it hang on for a while untill the cotton is burnt off to lazy to try and strip this build out lol

Last edited:

Amir_Wazir

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
26 gauge/7 wrap around 2mm, meters out to.0.8 ohm on my Kayfun 3.1, went on pretty well. Best build I've found so far for this rta . Not very impressive next to some of the other builds posted here, but I'm proud of it. Wasn't too long ago all my coils looked like you took the spring out of a click-pen and stomped on it a few times.
d6a92cbc1ba3e6ac97fe718908b3b2f9.jpg

Last edited:

drunknfoo

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
got bored, wanted to use up the last bit of my 26g and 30g, settled at .6ohms after pin adjustment

Amir_Wazir

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Inspired by these awesome builds, I decided to try something a bit more fancy. 7 wraps around 2mm mandrel in 26 gauge for 0.8 ohms. My first "gapped" coil ( what is the term for these things?)

5839d87f4b7b2b33f26d116067f63630.jpg

11f6603b9cbd43c235edac5aff44a8b7.jpg

I used tension wrapping with a desktop vise ( which is why they look a little sloppy 0 for the three outer wraps and did the middle by hand. Wick's a little too short, but otherwise I'm pretty happy with it.

Why would you do a bend in the middle instead of just another wrap?

This is the first "fancy" coil I've tried that I think actually works better than a std micro -- thicker, denser vapor imo

Last edited:

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Wee jewelers screwdriver with an outside diametre of 2mm.

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
I normally use a winding jig, but the largest mandrel would not allow me to hit my target resistance.

Justin B.

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I normally use a winding jig, but the largest mandrel would not allow me to hit my target resistance.
Okay thank you I just picked up the god box and wanting to try new builds.

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
That is the most effective build I know of for the GB. It falls within the resistance limits, and provides ROBUST flavour and handsome clouds. The atomisers I used when I still had that mod were the Tobh V2, and the Doge.

Justin B.

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
That is the most effective build I know of for the GB. It falls within the resistance limits, and provides ROBUST flavour and handsome clouds. The atomisers I used when I still had that mod were the Tobh V2, and the Doge.
I got another question for you lol I wrapped the 24g 14 wrap around a 2mm db and I put it on my ohm reader and it said .59 then I put it on my GB and it said atomizer short I'm using a mutation v2 so I adjusted the pin up and down a few times and could not get the god box to read it. It just kept saying atomizer short I checked to make sure nothing was touching and it just kept saying the same thing. Any suggestions or is this a issue with the mod?

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Odd. Might be an issue with the mod

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Justin B.

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Odd. Might be an issue with the mod

Yeah I don't know why but the ohm reader is real funny on the mod like I built different coils after I couldn't get the ones you had going to work and they read .9 on my ohm reader then on the mod at first they read like .7 something but every time I hit it the ohms go up it started at like .7 now their at .82 so idk I might have to see if I can get a new one. Thanks for the help it is much appreciated

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
OK, now I see what is wrong. Tighten your post screws on your atty

Justin B.

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
OK, now I see what is wrong. Tighten your post screws on your atty

Okay that might be what it was cause it just raised them another .04 I could of sworn I tried that maybe not lol OK I'm gonna take these out and try, try again because I want that build on this monster. Thank you again..

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Keep me posted

vaping_bitch6969

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
My boyfriend built this yesterday.

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Tapatalk 2

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1416903257607.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1416903257607.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 47

vaping_bitch6969

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Sent from my SGH-T959V using Tapatalk 2

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1416903305304.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1416903305304.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 46

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
If you think about it. The two most prolific uses for heating coils are in room heating devices and electric water heaters.....and both use open or fused single coil elements of just one strand of wire.

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Okay that might be what it was cause it just raised them another .04 I could of sworn I tried that maybe not lol OK I'm gonna take these out and try, try again because I want that build on this monster. Thank you again..
Your new mantra: Install coils/Tighten.....pulse/Tighten...wick/Tighten....first refill/Tighten.

Rommel

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
You just cannae beat the tried and true micro coil.

This is so true. Surely claptons look cool but if they dont work, they are worthless.

Amir_Wazir

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
This is so true. Surely claptons look cool but if they dont work, they are worthless.

I've never tried one before, do they not work well?

I do think that most of the fancy coils are nothing more than a poor -- albeit cool-looking -- substitute for the microcoil ( at least they are IME ). At the same time, I somewhat doubt that the standard microcoil is likely to be the end of the road when it comes to the optimal coil design either. It seems like there should be something better, even if it's not an order of magnitude so. (It goes without saying that the optimal coil is going to differ from setup to setup, I'm speaking in general terms here. )

Rommel

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Takes ages to heat up, and after that it takes ages to cool back down. Flavor wasnt amazing, vapor production was bad. Compared to the amount of kanthal it took to make it, i would say definetely not worth the trouble.

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
I think for a lot of the coil exotica out there....the person takes an enormous amount of time making them...and WANTS them to be epic....so they convince themselves that it's so. Then display the fruits as a purely penis thing.

Cloud79

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I'll say I was skeptical of building my first Clapton style coil. However, it did produce a better flavor in my Tobh clone than any other coil so far. I have been using it for a couple weeks now. The only comparison would be the 26ga. twisted parallel coil. These are both in the threads here. I only use a mech mod for powering those beasts also. The Clapton is somewhat slower for sure. An old Cadillac Deville takes off a little slower too but still nice.

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Taste is subjective, and to each their own. I still say the Emperor has no clothes.

Justin B.

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Absolutely..
So still can't get the ohms low enough I think it might be this RDA I'm not sure I've been having luck using 26g kanthal but I'll get a build in there have my lead screws tighten down as tight as I can get them and the ohms will start out at like .67 and as I continue to vape on them the ohms will raise I have a 14 wrap 26g around a 2mm db and it starts out around .67 and now that I've been vaping on it my ohms are at .76 Any ideas lol

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
So still can't get the ohms low enough I think it might be this RDA I'm not sure I've been having luck using 26g kanthal but I'll get a build in there have my lead screws tighten down as tight as I can get them and the ohms will start out at like .67 and as I continue to vape on them the ohms will raise I have a 14 wrap 26g around a 2mm db and it starts out around .67 and now that I've been vaping on it my ohms are at .76 Any ideas lol
That is typical as the coil develops a layer of carbon.

Speaking of a micro.
3cfd9dea98609770c0e7f4f39505c5f6.jpg
ec9207dc378db712ed87af6917032505.jpg
heats up fast duel 22g Kant micros on a kracken rba measures in at .14ohms. Bent up the smallest post I had on my wire jig making it need to get something a bit more sturdy to wrap on me thinks.

Justin B.

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
That is typical as the coil develops a layer of carbon.

Wow I didn't know that at all. I don't know why I can't get these coils to work on this mod though. When you had the God Box did you ever put a build in it to go 180 watts?

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Wow I didn't know that at all. I don't know why I can't get these coils to work on this mod though. When you had the God Box did you ever put a build in it to go 180 watts?
The build I posted went like a dream all the way to 180w / 10.4v

Justin B.

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
The build I posted went like a dream all the way to 180w / 10.4v

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/QUO no shit yeah now I gotta get it down lol. A friend of mine just brought me two 28g twisted coils at like 10/11 wrap and they were sitting at .59 but now there up to .67 after vaping for a min on them but their only getting me to 145 watts but I will keep trying lol

Iamme

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
What did you use to Wrap around??

I have a set of hobby screwdrivers that are a decent amount thicker than little micros, but a decent amount smaller than a full size screwdriver. The one has a sharp end like an ice pick. I use it for a lot of my coils and the point works to fiddle with you wick also. Dual usage and whatnot.

Iamme

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Lolz

Ya, I almost changed my wording and then thought, ah, no someone will catch it and get a kick out of it. Just be sure not to use a icepick to fiddle your wick on a non- metaphorical level. ;-)

Rommel

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Ya, I almost changed my wording and then thought, ah, no someone will catch it and get a kick out of it. Just be sure not to use a icepick to fiddle your wick on a non- metaphorical level. ;-)
I once touched my wicking inappropriately.

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I fiddled with my wick today...it got twisted and I liked it.
satanic-0052.gif

P1030061.JPG

Twisted 33 Kanthal, 6 hand-wraps on a 2.4mm screwdriver for 2.2 Ohms. Wicked with Cellocotton on my ancient Mini-DID clone.

I used the Cellocotton because it holds it's form far better than hemp or cotton. It wasn't hard at all to thread down in there.

Last edited:

lawnguy

Member For 4 Years
af195ea9058c6fa312c95071a08fea2b.jpg

Dual chimney coil orchid. Single coil shown to be directly above air channels
fc63f102e818a4139664f5657a18bbab.jpg

Second coil added and fires nicely.
b8a16c7173bea2f04c33b2c954d2f58f.jpg

Cotton is wrapped around coils instead of through coils to maintain unrestricted airflow. Hits like a dripper!!!

24 guage kanthal 10 wraps around small screwdriver. 0.35 ohms
Careful setting chimney. Make sure cotton forms a barrier between posts and coil and chimney and coil so as not to short out when chimney is screwed on. Also measure height of chimney screwed in first. 26 guage kanthal would probably be ideal, but 24 is what I had.
I also did the same build on a kayfun with a 13 wrap macro coil at 0.97 ohms. Kayfun does a little better that way. Great flavor out of it.
83da526cd90b96c01594e68474393321.jpg

891a3c72a605792e644c80ee4041f213.jpg

a44e1db2fd0791228092780fe24b3a22.jpg

Last edited:

Rommel

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
6bf95a5817d0063c89e090a23fa1efe9.jpg

BOOM. Not the best pic of coils tho... 0.09 ohms.

VU Sponsors