Become a Patron!

Post your builds

C4rlosuk

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
How does she vape?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Using it on a new istick 40w tc at 400 with wide open air.

The wick is cut enough to just sit over the juice holes and it vapes like a champ with a nice crackle and big clouds

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

Faceless Vapes

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Fused Clapton

2484c4e6baf6ea05176e86a2975c6607.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

KayOhBe

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
_59AFCO_1.jpg _59AEO8_1.jpg
26 gauge, 6 wraps, reads at .9ohms - seems to be working just fine. i used the rba deck from my subtank mini instead of the one which came with my subox as im unsure on how to wick it properly due to the bigger holes. this is my first ever vertical build and i was hoping for a lower resistance but trial and error [:= next time ill try it with 5 wraps and clean the top lead up a lil cuz it wasn't exactly stellar lol

juicy76

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
No pictures.... Sorry.lol , however with that said.... 26 awg 4 rapps on a 1.5 micro screwdriver. Built in one of my dark horse RDA's (wideboor of course)mounted on my authentic cooper Nemesis. Chuffin massive clouds & tons of flavor.

Walker

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Oh, I don't care. My coils work just fine. I'm just impressed by the fine motor skills of you sighted humans with opposable digits.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

juicy76

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
All I did was watched 1 of many great coil artists over and over and over.... Well you get the point.....lol. After watching twisted messes for months, I tried a few. Some with failure a lot with success. Kanthal is cheap so... Build, build, build..... Hahahahaha if it don't work just pull it out and try again

juicy76

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Might I give a tip on this style coil normanedwards198 ?
I found a trick to make this coil even every time

Last edited:

juicy76

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
OK well ...lol no answer???? Ok I will post for those that are interested .maybe off line.
Ok all you need is a set of narrow needle nose and a fin tool for a car radiator.
Build coils as normal.
Take the fin tool insert between coils as needed.
Pinch (carefully) with needle nose...
There you now have a simple way to perfect the super coil or any coils spaced apart....

iLiptiKal

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Vape Mail arrived with a ton of new wire to play with.
First up is the stapled helix comprised of 5 pieces of 0.5mm ribbon A1, twisted 26gA1 and 36gKPAN80 reading 0.12ohm as a single coil.
b6c50119441fa6b367def14d06fa1bee.jpg

Next is the alien.
3x26gA1 with 36gKPAN80 alien clapton. I barely got enough usable wire for the 0.2ohm single coil, and there is an ugly spot on the negative lead. This one is tough for sure. I'll Need another couple attempts to get it looking better I think.
f4cd8d15194384621383ccfaaaeebf5e.jpg

iLiptiKal

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hey, How about the RDA?
It's great. My favourite that I own for sure. Big post holes, huge build deck, excellent airflow adjustment, and great tolerances. I have two decks and they both are identical. Serial numbers 630 apart

Last edited:

Grand Rapids E-Liquid

SENDMYELIQUID.COM
VU Vendor
VU Donator
VU Donator
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Want to roll a Clapton and make your friend freak the F out? This blows the pen trick out of the water. Check it <--Click here :)

55% off from Midnight to 7am tonight (7/18/2015) too.

Discount Code "drunkonvape"

iLiptiKal

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Want to roll a Clapton and make your friend freak the F out? This blows the pen trick out of the water. Check it <--Click here :)

55% off from Midnight to 7am tonight (7/18/2015) too.

Discount Code "drunkonvape"

I'll admit it's a pretty cool setup. The magnets impress me the most I think. Seems like a lot of work just for a clapton though don't you think? Show me a fused or staggered and I'd be really impressed :p

iLiptiKal

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Switching over to night shift that starts tomorrow so building to pass the time before I can sleep.

Tonight so far.
Fused claptons 26A1/36N80, and some wire that will be for a stapled helix comprised of 26gA1/40gN80 claptons that are twisted. 26gA1 at the bottom and a quarter for scale.

f1012dd39c6e56174a68f4d228c1d866.jpg

iLiptiKal

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Messed up a couple times in this 26gA1/36gN80 SFC wire, so it's not the prettiest, but still fires well. Only in my tank for this reason. 0.47ohms.

acdcb426651bb5e6abf332366b7b625d.jpg

Last ones of the night are these pair.
5 loop 32gKPN80 braid parallel with 22gKPN80. Double wrapped ends for fun.

bb67df1b322eaeb2f6d8dba6f941f1de.jpg

Last edited:

scarecrowjenkins

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
583db51303c42363e37ec1ef3e8ed84a.jpg
da5830617b7419a6151eef062a26aef3.jpg

Whipped up some super bitty aliens for the Freakshow Mini. Triple 30g cores/36g outer wraps-all N80. I might actually be happy enough to take this atty out of the house. Very dense vapor, killer flavor. After about 30 mins spitback disappeared almost entirely. Nice warm vapor, atty stays at a pleasant warmth-not actually getting hot. Definitely going to keep these in here for the foreseeable future as i rarely use this atty because of the spitback. Also, these coils hardly get dirty, they get a little dark on the top after an hour or so but remain visibly shiny around the sides and bottom for days and days so they'll be in here for a while. The trouble/reward scale for the alien coils remains highly favorable, even with the degree of difficulty in regards to the use of such small wire.
3da4e673f7b27a609c0d0f33f1e2901a.jpg
cheers!

KayOhBe

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I can't wait to begin wrapping my own alien coils - it's not going to be easy but I'm extremely determined and somewhat of a perfectionist. Less than a week to go until I have my new wires and first RDA! [:=

Sent from my CM 12.One using Tapatalk

407Vapes

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
ea125b17c820a47c4272dbef923d7023.jpg

Forgot to get a pic before wicking.

But this is my first real attempt at a parallel build.
26g Ka1, 6 wraps, firing at a perfect .4

I know it's not the cleanest build, but it is certainly working.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

KayOhBe

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I'm leet...

iLiptiKal

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I can't wait to begin wrapping my own alien coils - it's not going to be easy but I'm extremely determined and somewhat of a perfectionist. Less than a week to go until I have my new wires and first RDA! [:=

Probably not a good one to start with hombre haha. Get comfortable with claptons and fused claptons before anything. It's a bitch to do even if you can fused clapton with your eyes closed.

KayOhBe

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I'll be doing a whole lot of playing around with Clapton's and fused Clapton's at first but my first 'serious' build is going to be alien wrap

scarecrowjenkins

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
2e26e9f084850a9c0be7a3bc0742ce64.jpg

Alien Coils on the Kanger Subtank RTA deck 30/36g (triple 30g core)
3-ish wraps around the lil' blue screwdriver clocks in at .29 ohms. Running on a mech it's a pretty darn good vape! Two things to note: this is my first tank build, and also my first tank. Picked it up last week. .5 ohm coils on a mech are useless, not nearly hot or flavorful enough for me. This build though is surprisingly similar to a dripper. Flavor suffers due to the tank design itself, but with this coil i can actually taste my juice, and the vapor production is acceptable. Been vaping on it for about 15 mins without a single dry hit. I attribute this to the coil itself, the alien coils wick outstandingly on their own. Overall i'm satisfied that this will be a great driving rig, since now i commute 30+ mins to work.
189788c366c4a2201522ed8b296f569b.jpg
34feffc979d6988b00997ae6687f7399.jpg

iLiptiKal

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I ordered a Petri clone from Fasttech some time ago, but it arrived with a deck where both posts fell out the first time I built on it. I just received a replacement deck from them, and I'm happy to say it's functional and both posts are secured very tight. It's still not a great piece but $10 instead of $100 to test one out is a bargain in my books.

Build is a fused clapton 26A1/40N80 0.21 ohm
9b19550c88dacfd63c35747a312222e4.jpg

Verdict: I like it. Airflow is restrictive but not tight, flavour is great, and building is pretty easy on the deck, although the post holes are small. I also like being able to run my wick between the posts to catch juice when dripping without removing the cap. Still on the fence if I want to drop the coin on an authentic though. More use is required.

scarecrowjenkins

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I. Still on the fence if I want to drop the coin on an authentic though. More use is required.Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You should check out the v1.5, everything about it is even better. Photos i've seen are stunning. Better airflow, larger post holes and nicer screws. Plus its a Dotmod-so its just gorgeous with the 24k gold deck. I own the first run, and i never once regretted dropping the coin on it. Highly recommended! :p

iLiptiKal

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You should check out the v1.5, everything about it is even better. Photos i've seen are stunning. Better airflow, larger post holes and nicer screws. Plus its a Dotmod-so its just gorgeous with the 24k gold deck. I own the first run, and i never once regretted dropping the coin on it. Highly recommended! :p
I've been seeing it on Instagram, although I didn't realize there are changes to the airflow or post holes. I'll Check it out a bit closer, thanks.
You have the mod too eh? The black/gold is gorgeous and would be super hard for me to pass us if I did place an order for the atty.
#alldoteverything is too sexy you know

Tim Vatic

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
dual vertical twisted 28g sleeper on my Revol drip tank. .6Ω

IMG_20150721_113031_684.jpg

Last edited:

scarecrowjenkins

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I've been seeing it on Instagram, although I didn't realize there are changes to the airflow or post holes. I'll Check it out a bit closer, thanks.
You have the mod too eh? The black/gold is gorgeous and would be super hard for me to pass us if I did place an order for the atty.
#alldoteverything is too sexy you know

Haha, way too sexy! I do have the mod as well, i love everything about it. The gold is beginning to disappear, because i've been using it way too much the last couple weeks (my parallel box had to be sent back for repair) but it performs wonderfully. It just takes a little time to get used to swapping out the 510 pin when you change attys (or sometimes batteries) but once you do it's an awesome mod

KayOhBe

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Has anyone done a caterpillar track coil? 0.o

ChooChooTrain

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Not yet, I have a few tools on the way so that I can. Until then I'm working on this alien clapton.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

iLiptiKal

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Haha, way too sexy! I do have the mod as well, i love everything about it. The gold is beginning to disappear, because i've been using it way too much the last couple weeks (my parallel box had to be sent back for repair) but it performs wonderfully. It just takes a little time to get used to swapping out the 510 pin when you change attys (or sometimes batteries) but once you do it's an awesome mod
I'm used to pins in my FUhattan, so no big deal there.

VU Sponsors