Become a Patron!

Post your builds

Shredtravolta

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Nailed it brother! Good job :cool::cool:
Thanks @The_hat_trix ! I actually didn't nail it completely. As you can see I messed up the left lead. Doesn't really affect the way the coil vapes as the current travels primarily through your cores but it doesn't look as nice as when YOU do it.:giggle: The actual wraps, the entire part that would be in contact with the cotton, I did pretty well on. At my rate of use a nice thick fralien will last me about a month maybe a month and a week. Then I gotta change them. I try building all kinds of stuff constantly but it's mostly to give away. 99% if my own vaping habit is on a Kennedy Roundhouse with a Trickster 24mm RDA that has a fralien mounted. I love the Trickster for it's one coil option. I'm also an all N80 guy so it ohms at about .14 which is perfect for me. I use VTC5As for battery safety.:banana:

CrazyChef v2.0

Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
I have some neodymium magnets that I use now and again that work fairly well, but would benefit from being shaped like the goon/apocalypse clamps instead of circles.
I think I got these off of eBay.

oivQbZP.jpg

KarmicRage

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
The only problem I can see with magnets would be for those who use Kanthal or its counterpart FeCrAl, they're both magnetic if I'm not mistaken. So if you used one of those as wrap wire I could see it being a problem. Would work as desired with ni80 and ss though and are definitely tempting to acquire to make multicore SFC's easier to fuse.

Sent from my MI MAX 2 using Tapatalk

zephyr

Dirty Pirate Meg
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
The only problem I can see with magnets would be for those who use Kanthal or its counterpart FeCrAl, they're both magnetic if I'm not mistaken. So if you used one of those as wrap wire I could see it being a problem. Would work as desired with ni80 and ss though and are definitely tempting to acquire to make multicore SFC's easier to fuse.

FeCrAl and kanthal are actually the same thing, one is the chemical compound name and one is a brand/trade name

I do have trouble with my drill getting magnetized and trying to stick high gauge in the chuck to start wrapping, but I don't think magnets would pull a wrap as long as you keep tension on the wrap wire as you move the magnets down the line...but then I have no experience with trying magnets yet, might take a pair out of a mech button and see

Anyone try mech button magnets?

KarmicRage

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
FeCrAl and kanthal are actually the same thing, one is the chemical compound name and one is a brand/trade name

I do have trouble with my drill getting magnetized and trying to stick high gauge in the chuck to start wrapping, but I don't think magnets would pull a wrap as long as you keep tension on the wrap wire as you move the magnets down the line...but then I have no experience with trying magnets yet, might take a pair out of a mech button and see
I read something a while ago saying that Kanthal was patented and only one company makes it, others have to use/make FeCrAl :/ not sure of myself now though lol

zephyr

Dirty Pirate Meg
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I read something a while ago saying that Kanthal was patented and only one company makes it, others have to use/make FeCrAl :/ not sure of myself now though lol

Yeah, Sandvik owns the name, but lots of companies use the name kanthal anyway

https://www.kanthal.com/en/products/trademarks/kanthal/

It's not a patent on the metal composition itself, but the word is a registered trademark

william.osendott

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Recurve? I want one for the deck. It looks great.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
yep, just got it today (ordered friday night from an Ebay seller, lightning fast lol) and I too got it for the deck. I wish the post holes were just a touch bigger, but overall, I LOVE it. Just built and installed this, getting ready to wick and test :)
3e6bd8fbafa9b73f40169b66f3fe490f.jpg
e080ffd6347b9bed2fb1ac1bcb13fc12.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Zohmbiebuilds

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
they're in the crafts/jewelry making section. where you find like pipe cleaners, jewelers wire, buttons, etc.

Good to know. I ruined many sweat pants. I'm getting so fucking fat being sober so I guess it's not that big a deal. What's a big deal is the fat I need to knock off my ass... Seroquil kills it. It's impossible to not get fat.

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk

william.osendott

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Good to know. I ruined many sweat pants. I'm getting so fucking fat being sober so I guess it's not that big a deal. What's a big deal is the fat I need to knock off my ass... Seroquil kills it. It's impossible to not get fat.

I know exactly what you mean dude, I weighed about 150ish when I got sober, I'm right close to 200 now. and seroquel is evil man, I hated it. congrats on the sobriety man, seriously. the weight will get under control eventually.

Zohmbiebuilds

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Thanks @The_hat_trix ! I actually didn't nail it completely. As you can see I messed up the left lead. Doesn't really affect the way the coil vapes as the current travels primarily through your cores but it doesn't look as nice as when YOU do it.:giggle: The actual wraps, the entire part that would be in contact with the cotton, I did pretty well on. At my rate of use a nice thick fralien will last me about a month maybe a month and a week. Then I gotta change them. I try building all kinds of stuff constantly but it's mostly to give away. 99% if my own vaping habit is on a Kennedy Roundhouse with a Trickster 24mm RDA that has a fralien mounted. I love the Trickster for it's one coil option. I'm also an all N80 guy so it ohms at about .14 which is perfect for me. I use VTC5As for battery safety.:banana:
Nice. Mine look very similar. I kind of gave up today. I haven't had much time. I'm always going stuff with AA and then my landlord lady lives below me. She's cool as hell, get daughter is the biggest bitch. I literally try so hard to kiss ass but I never can make that fat cow happy.

Even her mom wants her out of here. She's mad that her mom pays me to do handyman stuff. Cuz she's tired of people ghetto rigging everything and paying for shit to get done half assed.

I need to get an old fashion Rollodex desk. That would be a wonderful build station. I'm doing good and can do some good coil work but it hurts and I've got bad back problems. Rhumatoid arthritis is so bad. If it's not my feet it's my back and tailbone

william.osendott

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Let's see if I can work these mermaid pubes the way Meg does and get a vapable fused clapton.
19aaf7288cc36e960dba466258c20bd4.jpg

looks like kbee has changed lables.. how's their spooling?? last batch I got several months back prior to finding coil society, every spool I got from 24 to 40 came off God awful.

edit: on second thought, I had 316l so that may be why it was an orange label instead of blue duh lol

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
looks like kbee has changed lables.. how's their spooling?? last batch I got several months back prior to finding coil society, every spool I got from 24 to 40 came off God awful.

edit: on second thought, I had 316l so that may be why it was an orange label instead of blue duh lol
Yea SS is orange. This actually runs off pretty well.

william.osendott

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My 2core is right above. You and your fancy 3 core. Wish I'd have thought about that. Lol I guess tomorrow. I was just thinking quick and easy to try the 40. Yours looks great by the way

hahaha nothing fancy about my building dude I promise, but yeah give 3 core a try, it's a good vape.. occasionally I'll do 4 28, but mostly 3*28 or 3*26 N80 is my goto.. usually a SFC, but like you, I wanted to use the 40 and I typically use 38 or 36 for the SFC depending on the core size. Thanks though, i get lucky now and again, yours are looking as good man.

william.osendott

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
oh, and for anyone on the fence or wondering about the Recurve, I've only had it a few hours, but so far, I'd say get it. Its behind my GR1 in flavor, but just barely and that's to be expected really considering the size. I'd put it head and shoulders above the Dead Rabbit. Clouds for days of that's your thing. The build deck is awesome though. Really need to start writing reviews.

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
hahaha nothing fancy about my building dude I promise, but yeah give 3 core a try, it's a good vape.. occasionally I'll do 4 28, but mostly 3*28 or 3*26 N80 is my goto.. usually a SFC, but like you, I wanted to use the 40 and I typically use 38 or 36 for the SFC depending on the core size. Thanks though, i get lucky now and again, yours are looking as good man.

Oh nah man I was just messing with you. It was less than 6 minutes from the time I posted that you did. Was just funny.

chrisakasparky

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Yea I’ve been trying kbee nichrome ribbon and it’s a little dirty and has some over under wrap mess ups.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

chrisakasparky

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Couple sticks I’m gonna wrap tomorrow. Going for a big 12 ply fralien, and the other is gonna be my second try at corrugated and my first try at helix. I also haven’t tried hot glue before but I’m feeling really good about the prep. I think the glue is gonna help. Gonna wait until tomorrow when I’m wide awake. Wish me luck!
de1b8b0ea17c0ea5b851ad17012ef41f.jpg

ScReWbALL

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Just for gits and shiggles, I was curious about something.
For those that enjoy throwing color on your coils, do you prefer an RDA and or Mod specifically for the purposes of getting the colors you’re trying to get and then move the coils over to the rda/mod combo you will be using them on...and do you dual mount the coils and start working on coloring or do you do them one at time?
Right now I seem to be getting the best results doing them one at a time using a Dead Rabbit RDA along with the old school twisted messes box...single coil on that RDA just seems so much easier to work with and manipulate. Was just wondering what other folks processes might be?

How dare you incinerate that I don’t know how to use big words!

mach1ne

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Just for gits and shiggles, I was curious about something.
For those that enjoy throwing color on your coils, do you prefer an RDA and or Mod specifically for the purposes of getting the colors you’re trying to get and then move the coils over to the rda/mod combo you will be using them on...and do you dual mount the coils and start working on coloring or do you do them one at time?
Right now I seem to be getting the best results doing them one at a time using a Dead Rabbit RDA along with the old school twisted messes box...single coil on that RDA just seems so much easier to work with and manipulate. Was just wondering what other folks processes might be?

How dare you incinerate that I don’t know how to use big words!
i install mine (both/all of them) in the atomizer they are built for, but i color them on a hohm wrecker g2 that can comfortably fire quite low and has as good of an ohm reader as i have ever used in it.

great work on the mermaid pubes @Wtmke1 and @william.osendott :cheers:

william.osendott

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yea I’ve been trying kbee nichrome ribbon and it’s a little dirty and has some over under wrap mess ups.

I only tried 2 of those multi packs, like 22g through 40g 2000ft of wire or something, so might've just been bad luck, but I threw more away than I used. not just the wrap wire gauges either :/ oh wait and i tried .3, .4, and .5 ribbon from them too, same thing. what really turned me off though was the CS.. just my .02 though, I don't mean to dog anyone or anything, everyone has bad days. I've had the best experiences with coil society wire and the guy I assume runs the place is awesome to deal with. my first order I ended up with 38N80 instead of 316L I had the correct wire the next day and was told to keep it when I tried to send the N80 back (which oddly enough, that was the spool that got me started using N80)

william.osendott

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
i install mine (both/all of them) in the atomizer they are built for, but i color them on a hohm wrecker g2 that can comfortably fire quite low and has as good of an ohm reader as i have ever used in it.

great work on the mermaid pubes @Wtmke1 and @william.osendott :cheers:
thanks @mach1ne, undeserving of a compliment coming from you - but I'll damn sure take it :)

zephyr

Dirty Pirate Meg
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I only tried 2 of those multi packs, like 22g through 40g 2000ft of wire or something, so might've just been bad luck, but I threw more away than I used. not just the wrap wire gauges either :/ oh wait and i tried .3, .4, and .5 ribbon from them too, same thing. what really turned me off though was the CS.. just my .02 though, I don't mean to dog anyone or anything, everyone has bad days. I've had the best experiences with coil society wire and the guy I assume runs the place is awesome to deal with. my first order I ended up with 38N80 instead of 316L I had the correct wire the next day and was told to keep it when I tried to send the N80 back (which oddly enough, that was the spool that got me started using N80)

Kbee...I tried to email to cancel an order(from their wholesale site) after they hadn't shipped it almost 2 weeks after I ordered, a week after I received an order I placed the same day (the second order was for someone else). Their response? No response at all, but the wire shipped 2 days later. :rolleyes:

I'll probably continue to order my .3 kanthal ribbon from them, though - I'm on my 4th of 6 spools and they've all been squeaky clean and straight so far

Any other wire though, never again

Shredtravolta

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Couple sticks I’m gonna wrap tomorrow. Going for a big 12 ply fralien, and the other is gonna be my second try at corrugated and my first try at helix. I also haven’t tried hot glue before but I’m feeling really good about the prep. I think the glue is gonna help. Gonna wait until tomorrow when I’m wide awake. Wish me luck!
de1b8b0ea17c0ea5b851ad17012ef41f.jpg

I really like the corrugated stick. What do you use to corrugate your wire? I have a paper crimper but it gives you more of a zig-zag pattern instead of a smooth curve like you have.

Shredtravolta

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
yep, just got it today (ordered friday night from an Ebay seller, lightning fast lol) and I too got it for the deck. I wish the post holes were just a touch bigger, but overall, I LOVE it. Just built and installed this, getting ready to wick and test :)
3e6bd8fbafa9b73f40169b66f3fe490f.jpg
e080ffd6347b9bed2fb1ac1bcb13fc12.jpg

Nice Coil. Very clean work!

zephyr

Dirty Pirate Meg
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
How do you like the vape? I tried that once a while back (although yours is much cleaner than mine), but can't remember how well it vaped. :oops:

ZG4DA8u.jpg

It vapes like a regular staple, pretty good in the old Boreas - the wrap probably gives no benefit besides keeping the ribbon stacked straight (I rolled a ss tube mod over both sides before coiling)
Cool Build! Was it difficult to coil without frames? I'd imagine one decore was make clockwise and the other was made counter-clockwise. Is that how it's done? Looks terrific.:banana:

It's just one way overstretched decore that lined up neatly, and nope I haven't had trouble coiling wide stacks of .3 like this without frames

Branpro

Member For 4 Years
Work has been crazy, haven’t had time to post lately. Great work everybody, lots of good builds as of late! Finally got my recurve in! Here are some shots from this last weekend! Cheers all

Attachments

• 72DD6FA4-EDB3-45B1-8403-3D362FF83770.jpeg
    72DD6FA4-EDB3-45B1-8403-3D362FF83770.jpeg
    163.7 KB · Views: 21
  • FFDBBC8D-614F-43C6-AD4D-5DF184CB63E0.jpeg
    FFDBBC8D-614F-43C6-AD4D-5DF184CB63E0.jpeg
    174 KB · Views: 20

zephyr

Dirty Pirate Meg
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Tried alien stagg with clapton cores but failed because of bad prep work today. Got 2 inches but atleast got one good rod picture out of it
78c721f3ea95b178aec0e4009d6a2c28.jpg

Lähetetty minun Nexus 6P laitteesta Tapatalkilla

Jeeze!!! Is that claptoned strands of ribbon on the inside? Well that picture is awesome, anyway, and cool idea

VU Sponsors