Become a Patron!

Post your builds

MidwestExpress

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Just ordered 500' of 38 Gauge N80. Looking forward to moving up gauges. Going to pick up some more juice now then hopefully going to attempt some alien wire. Spending my last day off right I suppose

Matt
I just ordered a hammer and a bench block. Gonna try out twisting and hammering to try and make some core braids for some framed fused clapton builds. Come on Double Vision... get in my mailbox!!!

Schmucko

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
They had them on a pre-sale at efun for $17. That is when I almost got one. I was too skurred to bust out a series mod for my first mech. :(
I got a fuhattan on the way anyways but it would be nice to have a series mod

Sent from my LG-H811 using Tapatalk

BrattVapes

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I'm not a big fan of Mech mods in general... Tube mods aren't super appealing to me - having to build so low cuts out so much for me. When I made my own parallel box I liked it, but knew after a short time I desired a regulated device that could fire low but also high power. This series mod hits harder than I ever run my IPV at... And I love it.. Brings out flavors, immense clouds, immediate ramp up. I would go series over parallel mechs in a heartbeat after this little guy came into my life. A mech mod that has no ramp up from .3-1.0 ohms? YAH!

Matt

Schmucko

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm not a big fan of Mech mods in general... Tube mods aren't super appealing to me - having to build so low cuts out so much for me. When I made my own parallel box I liked it, but knew after a short time I desired a regulated device that could fire low but also high power. This series mod hits harder than I ever run my IPV at... And I love it.. Brings out flavors, immense clouds, immediate ramp up. I would go series over parallel mechs in a heartbeat after this little guy came into my life. A mech mod that has no ramp up from .3-1.0 ohms? YAH!

Matt
I like having one on me as a backup. I have a k100 mech but that thing is ugly and its only 18mm at the 510

MidwestExpress

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Matt

That is why I wanted it. I figured I would build .5 to .75 range (depending on heat of vape) and love the 0 sec ramp time and blasting of power! It makes me feel like I finally got to buy a 67 GT500 or a 65 AC Cobra. Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm old school HP

MidwestExpress

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I like having one on me as a backup. I have a k100 mech but that thing is ugly and its only 18mm at the 510

I decided to keep my Xcube II as a backup when I got my Lavabox. I love the Lavabox, but I am just not fully used to being able to adjust the DNA200 chip while on the go without the use of a PC. It will be nice when they have a Android port for the software... or I decide to just load an RDS server at my house so that I can run the Escript software on my phone or tablet. All that would be needed is the cable adapter and an internet connection. Probably going to do that just so I have it available when on the go.

In the meantime, keep the Xcube II because I know it inside and out and I can change anything I need on the go. I must say though, I like having the different profiles setup on the DNA200 chipset so that I can swap my atty's and RDA's.

Schmucko

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Once the bills are paid im getting one... Being an adult sucks(a lesson im trying to share with my children but they just dont seem to wanna catch on...smh)

Oggy

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Being an adult wouldn't be bad if it weren't for that Bill guy. Bastard keeps coming around with his hand out ALL THE TIME. And he its not like it is with my kids, I can't just tell him no. And he is definitely worse than a teenager. Dad always told me you gotta "Pay to Play."

itsmenotyou

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
So I have a new build idea guys. Haven't seen anything on it yet so I'm gonna try to make it. If I can't well I'll post a description of it later

sent from a dumb operated smartphone

itsmenotyou

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Quick question. How do y'all keep your wire flat when hammering it?

itsmenotyou

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Quick answer... Hammer make flat , wire no have choice

Shoulda said how to keep it from curling up lol

Schmucko

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Quick question. How do y'all keep your wire flat when hammering it?

Seriously though, use your pliers to straighten it as much as possible and hammer it in small sections at a time using your pliers to straighten as you go

itsmenotyou

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Seriously though, use your pliers to straighten it as much as possible and hammer it in small sections at a time using your pliers to straighten as you go

Thanks man.

CrazyChef

Custom Hand Crafted Coils - PureCoils.com
VU Vendor
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Mine doesn't stay flat. Don't care. Here's a pic of some wire I flattened and the resulting coils:

2016-01-04 17.38.42.jpg
2016-01-04 17.54.52.jpg

Schmucko

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thanks man.

If its still curling on you, each time you progress on to a new section, hammer back over the previous section and then forward onto the next section. kinda like that paula Abdul song (2 steps forward, 1 step back... Repeat)

MidwestExpress

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Was looking at 40ga and 46ga kanthal-d too

I wouldn't mind have the 50. The only thing I would do with it at first is make core bundles to frame and wrap. I can only imagine the flavor of all that juice up in that coil!

I use 40k D for all of my wraps. It works great for that!

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

Schmucko

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I wouldn't mind have the 50. The only thing I would do with it at first is make core bundles to frame and wrap. I can only imagine the flavor of all that juice up in that coil!

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk
True

CrazyChef

Custom Hand Crafted Coils - PureCoils.com
VU Vendor
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
HUGE difference between using 40 and 50. Like Midwest said, the 55g would be great for core bundles, which uses a lot of length. Other than that, you can get some almost chrome looking wraps from it, but it is so sensitive, that you'll have to deal with a lot of breakage unless you have an extremely steady hand and tension control.

Last edited:

itsmenotyou

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
So my plan didn't work. Was trying for a boneyard piece of wire with 36 ga threaded in the holes of it on both sides like stiching

itsmenotyou

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
What did the attempt look like?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
I messed up the boneyard wire spacings with the hammer. Gonna try again in a few mins just figured with the flattened/twisted with the 36 threaded into it that flavor should be omfg

BenJammin

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
OK so I have no idea how you guys use 40g and smaller... I tried this 2x 26g/32g cores 40g wrap... the 32 was fine but I just simply can't see the 40g and where it's going lol
6bf827d0a9d5416a625f910bcb98b94d.jpg

Schmucko

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
OK so I have no idea how you guys use 40g and smaller... I tried this 2x 26g/32g cores 40g wrap... the 32 was fine but I just simply can't see the 40g and where it's going lol
6bf827d0a9d5416a625f910bcb98b94d.jpg
Thats about how my first one came out. Good lighting, good tension on the core and wrap wires, stay perpendicular to the cores while wrapping. I stay a few degrees behind the head of the wrap but paying attention to your angle more than whats ahead of or behind your wrap i think is key

BenJammin

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thats about how my first one came out. Good lighting, good tension on the core and wrap wires, stay perpendicular to the cores while wrapping. I stay a few degrees behind the head of the wrap but paying attention to your angle more than whats ahead of or behind your wrap i think is key

Yeah I generally stay a few degrees behind on the thicker wires but with this 40 I couldn't find the middle ground... it was either going backwards and overlapping or leaving gaps between 40g. Even got pissed and walked next door and borrowed my dad's 3x reading glasses hoping it would help me see better... still so damn small lol.

Schmucko

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yeah I generally stay a few degrees behind on the thicker wires but with this 40 I couldn't find the middle ground... it was either going backwards and overlapping or leaving gaps between 40g. Even got pissed and walked next door and borrowed my dad's 3x reading glasses hoping it would help me see better... still so damn small lol.
You going slow or fast?

Schmucko

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Tried both and in between... I found medium to medium low the best...
Yeah, id say dont over do it till you get the hang of it. I start slow to get my tension right, basically just enough to start pulling the core wires then full bore if its a 2strand fc half speed if its 3 or more

BenJammin

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yeah, id say dont over do it till you get the hang of it. I start slow to get my tension right, basically just enough to start pulling the core wires then full bore if its a 2strand fc half speed if its 3 or more

Yeah I do full bore with 32g and thicker... it's so easy! Lol. But I can actually see the wire and what's it's doing. I believe it might partially be the Clapton cores that are throwing me off... blending in so to speak.

VU Sponsors