Become a Patron!

Post your builds

Shredtravolta

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Definitely not my build, but thought I would show off this beautiful coil I received from @zephyr .

Hey Don! I’m not criticizing or saying nothing bad at all, I’m kinda just curious, has your avatar always been some variation of an obscure animal lol? I think it was once a goose lol. Again, I’m not mad about it at all, I love animals! I just had to ask:vino:

DonBaldy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hey Don! I’m not criticizing or saying nothing bad at all, I’m kinda just curious, has your avatar always been some variation of an obscure animal lol? I think it was once a goose lol. Again, I’m not mad about it at all, I love animals! I just had to ask:vino:
Lol. No. Not a goose. Before it was a giraffe with a quizzical look and before that it was an alligator with an open mouth. Yes I’ve pretty much used avatars that are pictures I took of animals. The chimp and giraffe are zoo animals while the alligator was wild. I was about 15 feet away and using a 600mm lens .

Shredtravolta

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Lol. No. Not a goose. Before it was a giraffe with a quizzical look and before that it was an alligator with an open mouth. Yes I’ve pretty much used avatars that are pictures I took of animals. The chimp and giraffe are zoo animals while the alligator was wild. I was about 15 feet away and using a 600mm lens .

Tremendous.

:cheers:

gopher_byrd

Cranky Old Fart
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
For KP fans

mail

zephyr

Dirty Pirate Meg
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
So I'm making a little hodge podge assortment of coils for 2x21700 series voltage, I have a few so far but my grand finale is coming up next... 32g frames and 0.2 ribbon staple, trying to get a high resistance for a cool, smooth vape

Wish me luck, been a while since i used 0.2, I'm having trouble seeing it now actually

Nexcron

Member For 1 Year
So I'm making a little hodge podge assortment of coils for 2x21700 series voltage, I have a few so far but my grand finale is coming up next... 32g frames and 0.2 ribbon staple, trying to get a high resistance for a cool, smooth vape

Wish me luck, been a while since i used 0.2, I'm having trouble seeing it now actually

Some aliens at 0.30 is good shit for 21700 series. Used that before when i was a Proud owner of a cthulhu series Box mod

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

zephyr

Dirty Pirate Meg
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Some aliens at 0.30 is good shit for 21700 series. Used that before when i was a Proud owner of a cthulhu series Box mod

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, I dig 0.4 myself, some folks like a cooler vape though - I dont mind having to just tap the fire button on and off, I feel like thats very efficient for batteries

Wb80

-DIY-demon-
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Ok so ive been spoiled for as while and didnt have to build my own coils(thanks to some of our talented builders). But back to spinning my own again. 2x 26 36 ni80.

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I may try go back to regular fused Clapton vs staggered since staggered is wearing on my patience lately, I haven't got it down to fool proof yet on spacing and wrapping
If you have to zigzag your wrap wire with every turn, it's because all the spaces in your spaced clapton aren't able to slide over the core. It should be so loose that you could effortlessly decore it if that's what you wanted to do with it... bend it in half by looping it around a hair grip that you insert into the chuck of your drill, and attach only the ends of the actual core wire itself to your swivel so that the spaces can adjust themselves freely all the way from start to finish to keep the alignment from slowly drifting farther and farther apart all the time.

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If you have to zigzag your wrap wire with every turn, it's because all the spaces in your spaced clapton aren't able to slide over the core. It should be so loose that you could effortlessly decore it if that's what you wanted to do with it... bend it in half by looping it around a hair grip that you insert into the chuck of your drill, and attach only the ends of the actual core wire itself to your swivel so that the spaces can adjust themselves freely all the way from start to finish to keep the alignment from slowly drifting farther and farther apart all the time.
When you say bend in half do you mean the staggered Claptons? I tried that when I first started building them and kept having the issue of the staggers being staggered. Lol. Someone told me to cut the length that you Clapton and place the two pieces side by side and it seemed to work better for me. May just be a placebo effect though as I haven't made them in a while either. But either way you're correct about just clamping the core wires. That way the stagger can move freely.

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
When you say bend in half do you mean the staggered Claptons? I tried that when I first started building them and kept having the issue of the staggers being staggered. Lol. Someone told me to cut the length that you Clapton and place the two pieces side by side and it seemed to work better for me. May just be a placebo effect though as I haven't made them in a while either. But either way you're correct about just clamping the core wires. That way the stagger can move freely.
No, just make a single long spaced clapton that's so loose that the wrap wire can slide freely over the core across the entire length (and verify that it can), pull it through the hair grip while being careful not to decore your spaced clapton on accident, and then fold the spaced clapton in half so that the hair grip is dangling in the crease before you insert the hair grip into the chuck. The core wire needs to be a couple inches longer than the part of it that you spaced-clapton'd, so that you can attach both ends of only the core wire itself to your swivel (i.e. the wrap wire should not reach the swivel). Next, you should be able to fuse the two halves together at medium drill speed without missing a spot. Super easy.
Hair-Grip_c7899776-38f1-4011-a6cc-5274c2ccb2a8.jpg

KingPin!

In my defence, I was left unsupervised ^^
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
Before & After: I think maybe I let this one go just a tad bit too long before re-wicking. :eek: (It's been about 10 days, average of 10ml/day) Waddya think? I've been using this same set of aliens for at least 6 months.

0EoQFJH.jpg

Nah ...reckon you could have gone for another few days on that :giggle::giggle:

VU Sponsors