Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Paypal F&F is such a double edge sword. There are scam buyers out there that will make false claims of the transaction and the seller loses out. That's why a seller would prefer F&F. Not all who ask for F&F are scammers. In fact, most all the regulars here require F&F and we know they aren't scammers. Even people on ECF are requiring F&F even though it's still against the rules (they aren't enforcing it anymore). If someone tells me they want to use G&S, I have to feel comfortable with them otherwise I won't do the sale. That's just the way it is. Sellers are just as vulnerable as buyers.

As far as having 2 paypal accounts, the only way to do that is to have 1 business and 1 personal account, that's the only way they allow 2 paypal accounts. When you get booted from paypal, your account data is kept on their servers which is how they can figure out if you were booted before and deny you a new account.

Actually Paypal can (at it's own discretion) reverse an an F&F charge. Also, when you pay F&F, you have the option to use funds from a credit card, but you have to pay a fee of like 1.5% or something like that. If you do that, you can dispute the charge with the credit card you used to get the funds from.

But yes, if some new, unknown and otherwise shady seller requires F&F only (or some other payment that's unprotected like Cashapp, Zelle, Venmo, etc) then you can be just about 100% certain they aren't going to be shipping anything after they get your money.

Then we have that whole problem where if someone disputes a G&S charge, you run the risk of losing your PP account because they are going to have to mention the item they bought (I think). In fact, even the buyer may lose their account (not 100% sure about that). If I lost my paypal, I'd be devastated as I buy from some small vendors that only take paypal becuase they don't understand that there are a lot of people out there that lost their paypal accounts. You will actually lose your paypal account if your account gets hacked and you will never be able to use paypal again. It happened to 2 people on ECF. Paypal is brutal.
There is one group of people who lose PayPal accounts at a super high rate.
I have no idea if you know what this is. Sports card breaks?
It's where someone buys a case of expensive sports cards then auctions off the players or teams on eBay.
Say you like the Steelers so you bid on them and win. You then get every card that is a Steelers player that the Breaker pulls from the Case (or half case/box, however they set it up) when they open them live on YouTube.

Sports card collectors can be some of the hardest people to please.
They expect the card to grade as a 10 (Pristine) even though the factory routinely sends out cards that are an 8 (Near Mint) grade sealed in the cases.
Then you have the morons who don't even know why they are buying. They see "Card Break 2022 Bowman Chrome Baseball 1 Box 1 Team Baltimore Orioles" then open an eBay case because they didn't get an entire $300 box of cards for their bid of $6.99!
They get so many chargebacks, and cases opened against them that their accounts get closed at a high rate.
There are some using other accounts like a family members since theirs got banned.
Since the card break auctions are on eBay PayPal was totally necessary to even have an eBay store. Recently eBay has added more payment methods but Paypal is still the easiest method.

I'm in the same boat, I can't really afford to lose my PayPal account.
I use it all the time.
That's why when I do buy something on here it's only from trusted people.
If I do pay F&F it's for an amount that I'm willing to lose just in case.

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
The two idiots that were mentioned recently are gone now.
If they keep at it please keep mentioning it.

If you don't want to call them out here then by all means shoot me a PM.
I'm at least able to make sure their location is what they say it is.
That is really helpful since every recent scam attempt have came from a foreign location.

dubya314

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Rating - 100%
59   0   0
I had another one this morning, but it was gone before I had a chance to get a screen shot.

AvaOrchid

Member For 4 Years
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Right, you link your bank card which must have the same name as the account.
You also give your name, address, phone, email all during PayPal's sign up process.
I guess you could try lying about some of that stuff but I doubt they are going to let you hook someone else's bank card to your PayPal account.
It doesn't matter if you have 6 bank accounts and 12 credit cards they all have your name on them.
The only way I've ever seen someone back on PayPal after getting the boot is they are now using their wife's account or something similar.

This is the whole reason why the scammer is getting you to pay friends & family
PayPal won't do shit if you send F&F.
That's why you should always send the other way, pay the fees, and if they rip you off you get your money back and they lose their PayPal account.
If it was easy to whip up a new PayPal account then they probably wouldn't bother wasting all of their time using every trick in the book to try to get you to pay F&F.
I
Paypal F&F is such a double edge sword. There are scam buyers out there that will make false claims of the transaction and the seller loses out. That's why a seller would prefer F&F. Not all who ask for F&F are scammers. In fact, most all the regulars here require F&F and we know they aren't scammers. Even people on ECF are requiring F&F even though it's still against the rules (they aren't enforcing it anymore). If someone tells me they want to use G&S, I have to feel comfortable with them otherwise I won't do the sale. That's just the way it is. Sellers are just as vulnerable as buyers.

As far as having 2 paypal accounts, the only way to do that is to have 1 business and 1 personal account, that's the only way they allow 2 paypal accounts. When you get booted from paypal, your account data is kept on their servers which is how they can figure out if you were booted before and deny you a new account.

Actually Paypal can (at it's own discretion) reverse an an F&F charge. Also, when you pay F&F, you have the option to use funds from a credit card, but you have to pay a fee of like 1.5% or something like that. If you do that, you can dispute the charge with the credit card you used to get the funds from.

But yes, if some new, unknown and otherwise shady seller requires F&F only (or some other payment that's unprotected like Cashapp, Zelle, Venmo, etc) then you can be just about 100% certain they aren't going to be shipping anything after they get your money.

Then we have that whole problem where if someone disputes a G&S charge, you run the risk of losing your PP account because they are going to have to mention the item they bought (I think). In fact, even the buyer may lose their account (not 100% sure about that). If I lost my paypal, I'd be devastated as I buy from some small vendors that only take paypal becuase they don't understand that there are a lot of people out there that lost their paypal accounts. You will actually lose your paypal account if your account gets hacked and you will never be able to use paypal again. It happened to 2 people on ECF. Paypal is brutal.
In the current climate I think that the seller is taking on the majority of the risk in these transactions right now. Not only do you run the risk of somebody being on the forum who is not 21 but you have to contend with potential state laws city laws and USPS bans. And then on top of that you could lose your PayPal account. The buyer the only risk they take is losing their money.

I am so much more confident as a buyer right now than I am as a seller. I don't have like a huge long history with selling or buying but I have enough that if I were not me and I looked at my feedback I would be like okay I'm confident that this person is trustworthy. But there has been some hinky buyer related activities lately on another forum. I don't know the exact details but I know that all of the people around me who have been trading and selling for years are nervous so I'm picking up on that and I'm nervous. And I mean I get it simple solution right don't sell stuff in the classifieds and you don't have to worry about any of that. This isn't like a sob story..

But the other day I absolutely required that someone pay friends and family to me It was someone who was brand new and who had stated intent to purchase multiple things in the classified and never carried through and was even struggling to get there five comments in to be able to PM I interpreted it as the person just didn't know how the forum worked how classified works other people interpreted it as danger basically. But they were polite they were nice once I helped them figure out what was going wrong the transaction went fairly normally. The only difference is I had stated to them you know once you receive your stuff and look over it please let me know that it arrived safely because that's important to me. And they never did get back to me but tracking says they got it. I don't usually leave feedback until after the person lets me know that they received everything And they never got back to me and it's okay It's not a requirement It's just a courtesy.

I felt a little bit safer with friends and family. Just overall. But I am a person that never really feels comfortable making demands so it felt really weird to be like this is going to be a friend's and family situation or it's going to be not a situation at all because I was like if I was a new person I would interpret that to be someone who was scamming. But I just had to go with my gut and I guess it wouldn't have mattered either way

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
Rating - 100%
5   0   0

Tornadoalleydeb

Vaping whilst slaying dragons in the land of Tyria
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Rating - 100%
81   0   0
I like the idea of them not being able to privately pm someone until they have a certain number of posts. Heck I think even 25 would discourage those looking to scam others. Maybe even deny them access to the hardware thread until they have some posts?? That may not be a great solution though, just something I quickly thought of. I know that a lot of it comes down to the buyer taking precautions and being wary of new people. We also all know that when the "Unicorn" we have been searching for becomes available, we don't always think it through. :)

eSMOKA

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
@5150sick I just got a PM about a wanted ad I put up. PM is from user @blairnpjrochelle who created an account just today at 4AM and PMed me at 5:18AM.

PM said: "I have it for sale and I’m ready to sell and ship". No picture, no mention of price, shipping or location.

99.999854135% sure this is a scammer.

I cordially replied to the PM with a seven letter phrase.

Last edited:

zakumadness

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
Rating - 100%
33   0   0
@5150sick I just got a PM about a wanted ad I put up. PM is from user @blairnpjrochelle who created an account just today at 4AM and PMed me at 5:18AM.

PM said: "I have it for sale and I’m ready to sell and ship". No picture, no mention of price, shipping or location.

7 letter? "Love you"? Kill them with kindness!

But really it's gotten bad lately

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
Rating - 100%
5   0   0

Anyone else get a message from this one?
Oddly this one used a few different IP's but they all came from the same area.

Still looks VERY scammerish.
Getting tagged in this thread and NOT flipping out over being called a scammer is very telling.
...and we can pretty much guarantee that they saw this thread.
They've been online all fucking day.
1652466738663.png
I'd avoid this one like the plague.
Well, actually I'd probably play along just for long enough to blow up their game.
:giggle:

eSMOKA

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
BTW: I think this should be a sticky thread. It gets burried quickly.

Anyway...

In my eyes, fact is this: You tell me you have X available for sale but you don't even give me a price? That's a waste of my fucking time, really. I can understand not providing a pic, because some people don't like wasting their time taking and uploading a pic if the buyer doesn't like the price (I have often quoted people a price and gave all details and then say, "if this interests you I will provide a pic", because there are too many tire kickers in the BST world). But throw on top of this that it's a brand spanking new account and the way it was worded, it's a no-brainer to me: it's most likely a scammer. To me, they obviously created an account for a specific purpose. It will be interesting to see if they contacted anyone else who has a wanted ad.

If this person is not a scammer, I don't really mind making the mistake of assuming they are and outing them publicly because they went about it all wrong and looked like a scammer to me. They are at the very least a time waster and I don't like time wasters when it comes to buying/selling, TBH. At least give me a price FFS. Why would I want to go back and forth with you just to find out you want $50 for a $5-10 clearomizer?

Well, actually I'd probably play along just for long enough to blow up their game.

Yeah I was thinking about doing that, but then I really don't have the patience for these twats.

NemoBass

Member For 1 Year
Reddit Exile
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
I think Bigvape is another. On a different forum there is a Bigvape that just tells everyone he/she will take whatever it is they are selling but he/she has never bought anything.

Bigvape

Member For 1 Year
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think Bigvape is another. On a different forum there is a Bigvape that just tells everyone he/she will take whatever it is they are selling but he/she has never bought anything.
Brrrrr...O.....im a forest/fire ranger. Im in the middle of no f'n where. Like....a lot. I loose signal and dont get it back for 2 or 3 days some times. If i need help i have 2 way communications. Thats it.
Im not into drama. Ive seen the the other 2 threads in other forums. Im not with the call out drama.
But yeessh. Im just casually reading through stuff and keep seeing my name. I get it. Twice. I did it twice to you i think.
.....Avaorchid as well. My have misspelled that Ava....but my bad to you too.
I have also bought a few things as well. From everywhere. Even planet of the .....
Which i had to make 100 post in the stupid place.
Anyway...one only time im gonna address this issue.
Also....in the future i hope to still buy stuff from you. If it works out.
Also also....what could i possibly gain by saying i want stuff....that i dont....anyway have a good night vapers....

eSMOKA

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Well ya sure muffed that one.
Gossip sucks.

BV isn't being very truthful. Remember, there's at least 2 sides to every story. While he may be a ranger working out in the middle of nowhere, he visits ECF about once a day. Yet somehow he doesn't have the time to send the payment for the goods he says he wants. He tells you he wants what you're selling, then when you send him your paypal address, complete ghost. But when you check his activity, he's active...daily. If you're going to engage in BST you have to have the time or willingness to follow-through or communicate problems/issues, otherwise you're gonna piss people off and they're gonna post about you eventually. He apparently has a memory issue, doesn't know how to use Xenforo very well, or is a classifieds troll. While he has completed at least one transaction, he's a known ghoster and his excuse for doing so doesn't add up. This is why I won't bother with him anymore and I know of 3 others on ECF who also will ignore him in the future. I won't make that same mistake 4 times, 3 was enough. I personally am not pissed at him and he's not a scammer, I just won't bother with him.

NemoBass

Member For 1 Year
Reddit Exile
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
Maybe another one. rjmedrano

Hi bud, my elder brother, Tyler‘he sells stuffs like this, you can reach him via his email

Last edited by a moderator:

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Maybe another one. rjmedrano

Hi bud, my elder brother, Tyler‘he sells stuffs like this, you can reach him via his email

These "two" (still the same asshole that's been doing this all along) are gone along with 3 or 4 of their alter ego's.

You guys keep reporting them (him), and we'll keep banning them (him).

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I guess it's time to bump this thread again. :(

If you post a WTB post don't be surprised if someone who doesn't have what you are looking for tries to lie to you to get you to send them free money.
People with zero posts & zero feedback may not be the most trustworthy sources.

fidola13

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
OMG you need to be a nasa engineer to figure it out. Why are such simple things made so so complicated?

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Bump because this scammer is still here, somewhere.

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Everyone please read this thread.

Hearing about how the guy with zero posts and a brand new account took someone's money is starting to get old.
You guys are going to have to use your own common sense and NOT send money to the new fake account with no posts that has a 100% chance of being a scam.
Also STOP falling for shitty photoshops.

This fucker is never going to leave the forum if he gets one of you each week.
Ripping you all off is this guys full time employment now.
I can only lead a horse to water, I can't force you to stop giving your money away to a fake account.

Examples of the same shitty photoshops are in this thread.

Come on guys, THINK before sending money to some unknown rando if there is no way to get it back.

516_vaper_li

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
I never fucked anybody over in my life didn't have it coming to them. You got that? All I have in this world is my balls and my word and I don't break them for no one.

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Got another one for you from

alejandrosanz436​

I have what you are looking for
Here's my contact email
[email protected]

Sent from my TECNO BD4h using Tapatalk
So, Now @alejandrosanz436 is trying to rip people off?
I tagged him.
Let's see if we get a reply.
Are you a scammer alejandrosanz436?

VU Sponsors