Not open for further replies.

Midniteoyl

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I debated on whether I would unsubscribe to twisted or not. I really don't care enough about this who fiasco to bother. If he is reviewing something I am interested in I will probably watch. Rip I rarely make it through his videos. I scroll the preview line to get to where I want. If he starts out like a Spider Monkey on Red Bull I usually fast forward to the close up parts. Matt I personally do not like his videos. He is trying to get some sort of persona and failing miserably at it. Some of the videos I have watched he doesn't seem like he really knows much about the product he is reviewing. Hard for me to trust the opinion of someone who hasn't taken the time to fully learn the product before turning on the camera. The only sincere ones left out there seem to be Phil, Grimm and Todd.
Same regarding SMM... Just never 'got it' I guess. Twisted I watch(ed?) for the funnies.

vaperature

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I'm not subscribed to anyone. When I need to learn something specific, I'll do a search and whoever comes up with the most interesting video I'll watch. I have no intention of buying all those new, expensive gadgets anyway so why do I need to watch another review every day?

Garemlin

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I'm not subscribed to anyone. When I need to learn something specific, I'll do a search and whoever comes up with the most interesting video I'll watch. I have no intention of buying all those new, expensive gadgets anyway so why do I need to watch another review every day?

Oh I don't watch videos very often. I just subscribe so I get notifications when new videos are uploaded. If I wanna watch I will watch. If not I disregard. I still search if there is something that I want to see has been reviewed.

Tap'd from my LG G3

vaperature

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Oh I don't watch videos very often. I just subscribe so I get notifications when new videos are uploaded. If I wanna watch I will watch. If not I disregard. I still search if there is something that I want to see has been reviewed.

Tap'd from my LG G3
I usually watch after the fact. I'm getting a kayfun 3.1 coming soon (was suppose to arrive today but you know, chicago mail) so when it gets here I'll watch a couple videos on how to build it. Wait, i think i just heard the mail slot bang downstairs -------------------------------------------->>>>>

nope no luck

Garemlin

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Same regarding SMM... Just never 'got it' I guess. Twisted I watch(ed?) for the funnies.
I find his shtick amusing sometimes. But the over abundance of profanity does get old. You can do a review without dropping the f-bomb every other word. I will watch his videos for product information only. I don't think I will trust his opinion though.

Tap'd from my LG G3

Cloudy Peak Vapes

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I watched a lot when I first got into mechs, primarily in the interest of educating myself. I also watched quite a few prior to getting my iPV3. I don't hold anything as gospel, but watching numerous people and their opinions on things can be beneficial. I must have my YouTube setup to not email me when new videos are posted, thank god for that.

vaperature

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I watched a lot when I first got into mechs, primarily in the interest of educating myself. I also watched quite a few prior to getting my iPV3. I don't hold anything as gospel, but watching numerous people and their opinions on things can be beneficial. I must have my YouTube setup to not email me when new videos are posted, thank god for that.
Oh my first six months vaping youtube was my best friend. For sure.

Cloudy Peak Vapes

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I find his shtick amusing sometimes. But the over abundance of profanity does get old. You can do a review without dropping the f-bomb every other word. I will watch his videos for product information only. I don't think I will trust his opinion though.

Tap'd from my LG G3
He cracked me up a lot for a while. I appreciated his sense of humor, usually.

I'm still a tad caught up on why the fuck any of this happened. Not as in can't get it off my mind, but while engaging in discussion about it, I can't make sense of it. Fake Subscribers? Unsubstantiated claims of payment being requested, who stood to gain from this?

Edit: when the notion was mentioned that Rip paid for followers, I just chuckled. I've heard Mod Envy say they get the same accusations and just laugh.

I really dig a lot about this community, and a lot of people. Generally the amount of help we give each other is truly awesome. I think it stems from the fact that we are united by one common thing, benefiting our health and saving our lives. I now am at a position, thanks to many here, and at shops, to be able to pass my knowledge on to help others. There is one thing that prevails, though, and that is drama.

I've mostly been active long term on car forums in the past, and nothing like this went on. Worst would be something like a new member "wanting that badass noise on his WRX's turbo with a blow off valve", and us kinda playing with them, then educating them on why if they care about performance, they don't want that. And people with huge fart can exhausts took some shit, too. All in good fun.

Last edited:

freemind

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years

Tap'd from my LG G3
I never found Matt entertaining. Vanessa I think she can be funny as hell. She seems like a really nice woman and has a good sense of humor. Matt tends to seem lost or clueless about things, they way he talks. Seems to act like a know it all, even though he can't communicate well enough to convince me he know much of anything.

Don't know what his deal is, but he seems annoyed and pissed off at her when she is having fun. SHE makes the vid entertaining, not him.

Grimm is honestly about the only one that I can watch for very long. He is easy to listen to, but he usually is reviewing stuff I don't have interest in. He is more Mech and I have enough of the Mech's. I am more into boxes anymore (VV/VW).

vaperature

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years

I'm still a tad caught up on why the fuck any of this happened. Not as in can't get it off my mind, but while engaging in discussion about it, I can't make sense of it. Fake Subscribers? Unsubstantiated claims of payment being requested, who stood to gain from this?
Could be Twisted just underestimated the power of Reddit. He might not have known it would have gone so viral when he posted it but once he did it was too late.

Garemlin

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee

Yeah I'm the same way. I am far from losing sleep over any of this. But I just hate the fact that vaping has created so many back stabbing drama queens. It takes away from the big picture and what vaping is all about. Leading a healthier lifestyle.

Tap'd from my LG G3

Midniteoyl

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
So Joe. What is your opinion of this all now?? Do you see twisted in a different light after this?

Tap'd from my LG G3
He left... As usual. He'll 'rant' about it on Mod Envy.. Dont wanna give it all away early, now do we?

freemind

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
i13vb.jpg

JohnDoses

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Chump change. Even at the full estimate of 2300 bucks a year, BFD. It aint enough to buy much of anything.
I think it's 2k a month and 26k a year, at the full estimate. I don't think that's s bad considering what he does, right? I'm not positive how this site works though.

Mike H.

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Who wants to send me a new mvp 30w for review?...as much as i like innokin ,if its a piece of shit, ill tell you..paid or not.

My response paid for by fukitol capsules..One less fuk to give.

travanx

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Don't think I've ever made it through a whole Rip Trippers video, he's a bit much for me. This time, I watched the whole thing. The manner in which he addresses the accusations is what I would consider professional, calm, and collected. That, and his overall tone, not defensive or offended, lead me to think he's being honest.

I think he has some useful info. For anyone that is female or has a girlfriend, Rip Trippers videos emulate a lot of the popular female fashion blog videos. Check one out and see how they cut the videos and talk. He does appear genuine in his response, especially by not saying any names.

But I am surprised none of his reviews involve free samples. If so then his videos are to plug his own stuff for sale and possibly because he likes doing the reviews. I can imagine a lot of different reasons to post videos on youtube. He may not be for everyone, but there is a real audience based on his views and comment feed. Popular enough for others to make up negative things about him too. I like that there are vaping reviewers with vastly different styles.

JohnDoses

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Well, in my opinion, there are a couple different ways to look at this:

One, is from the vendor's standpoint. You don't want to be the vendor who all of this is pinned on. As bad as it would be for Rip, it would be even worse for the vendor if it's discovered that you paid for a positive review of your product when it wasn't disclosed. If this ends up turning into an FTC investigation, which is highly unlikely, but still...it would be the vendor who gets lashes, not Rip Trippers. I can see where these guys would want to avoid that, and why a vendor wouldn't want to come forward. Public opinion alone might be enough to hurt business.

Second, is money. The "if Rip can charge money, why can't we" mentality. Self-interest. Why out someone when maybe you can cash in, too? Cripes, our entire system of government exists on this principal.

This is a good point. If any vendors did try to orchestrate something like this, shouldn't they be the ones on the chopping block? I would think that they would face harsher penalties and/or have more to lose.

Cloudy Peak Vapes

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I think he has some useful info. For anyone that is female or has a girlfriend, Rip Trippers videos emulate a lot of the popular female fashion blog videos. Check one out and see how they cut the videos and talk. He does appear genuine in his response, especially by not saying any names.

But I am surprised none of his reviews involve free samples. If so then his videos are to plug his own stuff for sale and possibly because he likes doing the reviews. I can imagine a lot of different reasons to post videos on youtube. He may not be for everyone, but there is a real audience based on his views and comment feed. Popular enough for others to make up negative things about him too. I like that there are vaping reviewers with vastly different styles.
He definitely has some useful info, and I've sought it out more than a couple of times. He can be just too much for me, and his editing is kinda wacky. I don't doubt what you say about the fashion videos, and I'm not ragging on Rip. We all are different, have different ways of expressing ourselves, and thus we have different preferences in what we take in, and how.

This also goes along with the whole lack of attendance at vape meets. It was mentioned that he's a bit of an introvert, and being one myself at times, to an extent, I can understand how going to a large crowded event, one which tons of people would know you're face and want to speak to you, could be intimidating. I get anxiety at times in those scenarios, and it has actually kept me from a couple small shop meets in the past couple of months. I'm nobody, so being Rip, if he is that way, it could be very uncomfortable. Plus, who cares why he doesn't go. It doesn't make him better or worse, dishonest or honest. He has no obligation to anybody to show up at conventions, as well.

And it sounds like we agree on his handling of the accusations. When people start getting overly angry and or defensive, they look guilty. He does the exact opposite, and pretty much just outlines in a calm fashion how he operates. As I said, I'm not generally fond of his demeanor, or however you want to put it, but he's pretty knowledgable, and seems to be pretty honest now that this has all come to light. Him saying that people should've come to him with the accusations shows me he has nothing to hide, as well. His willingness to face them head on is how it should've happened in the first place. Would've been less of a high school drama scenario.

CapVanillaCustard

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Does anyone else think it's pretty irresponsible of Vapor Joe to have posted the original article on the site, but not follow up on it? Perhaps an edit to the original article or post a whole new one?

V4P3R posted a new article with all the new information we have available now and I think that's responsible journalism. I hope he links to the new article in the original article, for people randomly bumping into the article in the future.

Giraut

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Vapor Joe is a well known drama queen using drama to rake in advertising money[...]

At least he admits he's in for the money. That's more than can be said for all the other jerks.

Tell you what: guess who's profited from this low-grade vaping telenovela? All of them. Twisted, RIP, Suck, Joe, V4P3R... They all got more a few more Youtube views, and drove a little more traffic to their respective sites. Hell, I wouldn't even be surprised if RIP himself was in on this little theater play.

Best of all, the only one who needed to stick his neck out was Twisted (but only a little bit, because it'll all be forgotten quickly anyway). All the others can claim they only "report the news" to shift the blame away from them, as all media do when the brown stuff hits the fan and they're caught spewing it.

The real losers here are us suckers who'll never get those many wasted minutes of our lives watching/reading/writing about it.

Last edited:

VapeJohn

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
At least he admits he's in for the money. That's more than can be said for all the other jerks.

Tell you what: guess who's profited from this low-grade vaping telenovela? All of them. Twisted, RIP, Suck, Joe, V4P3R... They all got more a few more Youtube views, and drove a little more traffic to their respective sites. Hell, I wouldn't even be surprised if RIP himself was in on this little theater play.

Best of all, the only one who needed to stick his neck out was Twisted (but only a little bit, because it'll all be forgotten quickly anyway). All the others can claim they only "report the news" to shift the blame away from them, as all media do when the brown stuff hits the fan and they're caught spewing it.

The real losers here are us suckers who'll never get those many wasted minutes of our lifes watching/reading/writing about it.
Small gain for a big loss though. Desperation bites you in the ass all the time.

Browncoat

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Vape Media
V4P3R posted a new article with all the new information we have available now and I think that's responsible journalism. I hope he links to the new article in the original article, for people randomly bumping into the article in the future.
Thank you for saying so. And yes, the articles are linked.

norwegianvaper

Member For 4 Years
I said I would not contribute in this thread, but I cant help my selfe :(
It's no SURPRISE, hairless Matt refused to go on record at this point. He is trying his best to be able to deny his way out of this shit pool.

I wonder if Vapin Vee knows what a shit for brains, she is with?
Yeah, but he was "smart" enough to use even dumber twisted420 as his cheep in this kindergarten drama :)

If he doesn't post it in the next day, are people going to give him "not caring" shit for failing to record one from the hospital? He stated in that istick 50 review back on the 17th the wife was due sometime within the week.

Just saying. They might as well truly go all in with the BS at this point ;)
It just shows that matt and twisted, happily stamp on a unborn or newborn baby, to gain some fame for them selfe.

Cred and respect to you, for putting that out. That was a honest and right thing to do.

I think you need to write one for yourself too.. not trying to be mean, but you did post several posts here damning Rip with no proof and wild exaggerations of what really happened.

Just saying..
But you got to admit, it takes some balls, to turn the wheels like he did in this article? I give him kudos.

WTF? Twisted comes of like he's dealing 3 card Monte. Seriously, what a sly person. He makes a dig, like Rip's subscribers are fake and quickly laughs and says just kidding. He made several remarks like that. It's called being disingenuous. So now all the players are backtracking and scurrying back under the floorboards. What a bunch of weasels.
It`s so sad. No wonder we are gonna be raped by the FDA ,big tobacco and Pharma. Vapers and reviewers argue against each other and make drama to be famous or what ever. If we can`t stand up for each other, all for one, one for all, we are gonna get so fucked when the government's in US and Europe stand ready to ban vaping. Stay together folks, and fight what`s really important to us. Our right to vape,and to stay off of the analogs

Rip didn't look himself on this vid!
VAPE ON
No wonder. He must be tired, disappointed and sad. He is becoming a father for his first time this week, and are being stamped on by jealous talking heads. I feel really sorry for him

Last edited by a moderator:

Midniteoyl

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Does anyone else think it's pretty irresponsible of Vapor Joe to have posted the original article on the site, but not follow up on it? Perhaps an edit to the original article or post a whole new one?

Yep!! It bullshit, aint it?

Midniteoyl

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Vapor Joe is a well known drama queen using drama to rake in advertising money... OFC no one should take him seriously
Whats really funny is, he had what? 922 people watch the Twisted portion of the show, and as of now 1039 views of the rerun on youtube.. Rip can post about moving to a new house and get over 50,000 views :) LMAO!

Actually, its kinda sad..

Jack Vityas

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
WORD. The best video I have ever seen on here. You earned me as a subscriber. Yes, this is what should matter to us. Stand TOGETHER against our true enemy,FDA,Big Tobacco and Big Pharma, not some childish kindergarten drama. RESPECT man

Yeah. New subscriber here too.

Jack Vityas

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I especially like the heading of this thread. The part that says, " new allegations " like there were old allegations. Were they unfounded also?

How many times does Rip have to tell you that he doesn't take payola, in any form, for favorable reviews?

How many times are you jokers going to alleged he does, without a scintilla of proof?

Rip does very well put-together and informative videos and he does it without having to say motherfucker every other word.

I'm done. Now imma gonna go watch Vapejohn.

kelli

Vapid Vapetress
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I especially like the heading of this thread. The part that says, " new allegations " like there were old allegations. Were they unfounded also?

How many times does Rip have to tell you that he doesn't take payola, in any form, for favorable reviews?

How many times are you jokers going to alleged he does, without a scintilla of proof?

Rip does very well put-together and informative videos and he does it without having to say motherfucker every other word.

I'm done. Now imma gonna go watch Vapejohn.

i know right? the f bomb has worn out its usefulness thru overuse.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VU Sponsors