Become a Patron!

R.I.P FOR RIP? NEW ALLEGATIONS ABOUT THE REVIEWER BREAK

Status
Not open for further replies.

freemind

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
It's no SURPRISE, hairless Matt refused to go on record at this point. He is trying his best to be able to deny his way out of this shit pool.

I wonder if Vapin Vee knows what a shit for brains, she is with?

Spike64

Vapemail Stalker
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've maybe seen a RIP video three times in my life. It wasn't about Rip. It was about slandering someone like that without any evidence, doesn't matter who the victim was.
Oh, I'm not thrilled that a reviewer wanted stake in a company in exchange for being mentioned in his videos...that aint cool in any form but I dont really care. I just dont think this was all the big freaking deal it was supposed to be...what a letdown....lol

VapeJohn

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
and the app is most likely ********... Not that hard to piece it together but I could be wrong

vaperature

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Oh, I'm not thrilled that a reviewer wanted stake in a company in exchange for being mentioned in his videos...that aint cool in any form but I dont really care. I just dont think this was all the big freaking deal it was supposed to be...what a letdown....lol
It wasn't in exchange for being mentioned in a review. The letter is clearly in response to someone offering Rip a seat on the advisory board of an app company in exchange for a share in the company. There is nothing unusual about that at all, in fact, a 2% share is very low and reasonable.

Ellipsis

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
how do you make a blonde snowman in west texas???...

hollow out the head...

Spike64

Vapemail Stalker
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It wasn't in exchange for being mentioned in a review. The letter is clearly in response to someone offering Rip a seat on the advisory board of an app company in exchange for a share in the company. There is nothing unusual about that at all, in fact, a 2% share is very low and reasonable.
Any share is unreasonable...he's a reviewer...he's not a celebrity doing paid endorsements...thats a different animal...what I saw in the video was that Rip asked for a stake in equity and then that the talks ended when he asked for a share of their monthly sales (didnt say how much)...sorry...we will have to agree to disagree...that will be easy for me as I have nothing invested in any of this while you do for some reason...as evidenced by watching your arguing with people on Mod Envy so vehemently last night and here on the forum as well...

vaperature

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Any share is unreasonable...he's a reviewer...he's not a celebrity doing paid endorsements...thats a different animal...what I saw in the video was that Rip asked for a stake in equity and then that the talks ended when he asked for a share of their monthly sales (didnt say how much)...sorry...we will have to agree to disagree...that will be easy for me as I have nothing invested in any of this while you do for some reason...as evidenced by watching your arguing with people on Mod Envy so vehemently last night and here on the forum as well...
I have no idea where you are coming from. So by participating in a forum and by participating in the chat at Mod Envy, that means I have a "stake in this"? You're starting to sound like Twisted420. Rip can accept a share in any company he likes. He's not banned from doing that just because he's a reviewer. And it's an "app" company, not even a juice or mod company, so how is that a conflict of interest? Just take a vape. Don't blame me just because Twisted420 ended up being full of shit just like I predicted he was.

Spike64

Vapemail Stalker
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It's the level at which you were arguing...how far you are willing to take it...escalate it...for some reason...very odd...

The rest?...see it how you want...I do, I'm just only willing to go so far to make people see it how I do...YMMV and obviously does...

Mazam

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hardly surprised, but thoroughly disappointed in that latest Vapingwithtwisted video. Epic failure on the promise to deliver.

If that that is the best you guys got, you truly might want to think about cutting your losses and taking that post off your blog Joe. I get you kinda like being cast in the role as the i don't give a fuck asshole, and at times many (myself included) even dig that about your personality. But this isn't one of those cool to be bad type moments... this is more like a petty brat whose ego is all butthurt because Rip doesn't want to associate with you and/or come to your party type vibe being thrown out there. With you ending up on the wrong side of a Mean Girls plot and all.

Or at least that would be the credible thing to do imo. Especially if you plan on talking more shit about people in the future that you want people to take seriously, which of course you will be :)

vaperature

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
It's the level at which you were arguing...how far you are willing to take it...escalate it...for some reason...very odd...

The rest?...see it how you want...I do, I'm just only willing to go so far to make people see it how I do...YMMV and obviously does...
OK, well, seeing that I was right about everything I was saying, I'm not going to let you make me feel bad about it. Lol. Have a vape.

Tom_Pulliam

Bronze Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Honestly who cares, I personally don't make a choice on what products that I purchase based on any one person's reviews I listen to multiple sources then make up my mind if someone sounds funky I avoid them. If someone wants to make money endorsing something and somebody is stupid enough to pay them for said endorsement good for them. Just my 2 cents worth

Spike64

Vapemail Stalker
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
OK, well, seeing that I was right about everything I was saying, I'm not going to let you make me feel bad about it. Lol. Have a vape.
You can be right...lord knows you put a metric shit ton of superhuman effort into driving that home to anyone who'd listen... works for me...

freemind

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Well, @VaporJoes ? Now that TwistedLies admits he was spreading hearsay and had NO proof, what are your plans now?

You say you don't like liars, and Twisted and Matt are exposed liars at this point. You gonna blog abut them lying? You going to give as much time and effort to exposing them and their lies, as you have to ripping on Rip?

I'm no Rip fanboy. But IF he was dirty, I think we all should be informed of as much. Doesn't appear he was, but instead SLANDERED by these two buffoons. I think these two deserve to be put on blast for that.

vaperature

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
You can be right...lord knows you put a metric shit ton of superhuman effort into driving that home to anyone who'd listen... works for me...
I don't even know what that's suppose to mean. Why are you upset with me? All I did was point out the truth from the beginning. You seem to be complaining because I put too much effort into pointing it out, but a lot of effort was being put into spreading the lies as well. Why not be upset with them instead?

Spike64

Vapemail Stalker
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well, @VaporJoes ? Now that TwistedLies admits he was spreading hearsay and had NO proof, what are your plans now?

You say you don't like liars, and Twisted and Matt are exposed liars at this point. You gonna blog abut them lying? You going to give as much time and effort to exposing them and their lies, as you have to ripping on Rip?

I'm no Rip fanboy. But IF he was dirty, I think we all should be informed of as much. Doesn't appear he was, but instead SLANDERED by these two buffoons. I think these two deserve to be put on blast for that.

I dont see the slander...Twisted said he was told that Rip wanted equity in a company that produced an app...he felt it wasnt cool for him to do that...he produced the source of this in IM's...he pretty much substantiated what he actually said he was told...it turned out to be not much of a big deal to most folks and disappointing since the whole thing was being billed as a big ordeal, but it seems to be about all he actually said...

kelli

Vapid Vapetress
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I think it's hilarious that some are so emotionally invested in defending Rip or attacking Twisted in allegations that haven't even been made yet. Yes there has been some teasers on what's to come with the full allegations... but they haven't been made yet, just promised. It would seem to be a bit more prudent to wait for the full allegations, with whatever proof might be supplied before picking a side to defend/attack. I just can't see joining an argument before the argument has been defined. It just sounds like fanboyism until then.

What is clear though is that we have been invited to a real life slow motion train wreck which regardless of who you like should prove an excellent source of entertainment. I have no idea which train is going off the track yet, the Rip Express or the Twisted Railways, but there's a train about to derail. Maybe it will be a head-on and they both go up in flames. Who knows at this point? But I am thoroughly enjoying the anticipation and will stick around to see the carnage.

Popcorn bags are lined up by the microwave.

200.gif

vaperature

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
ok whatever, even twisted420 admists he's full of shit so if people want to continuing defending him that's just silly.

TK Bisher

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
All that hype over nothing. Well he said in his video that he was prob going to lose subscribers and he was mostly right, I unsubscribed to him and his buddies except fro Grimm cause he stay away from this BS. IMO the winner in this whole thing is Grimm and he even didn't throw a punch either.

Adam the Aussie

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
LOL, you've got to be farking kidding me! That's it? That's all Twisted420 has got? Everyone involved in spreading this crap should be ashamed. At least that's one reviewer i no longer have to worry about checking out, what a very average thing to do.

Garemlin

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Another case of people spewing shit before knowing all of the facts. Everyone should have kept their pie holes shut until they had all of their ducks in a row. So that way no one would have to back peddle their way out of some deep shit.

And I can't wait to see the bloated ego video that Rip posts after this fiasco.

Tap'd from my LG G3

vaperature

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
LOL, you've got to be farking kidding me! That's it? That's all Twisted420 has got? Everyone involved in spreading this crap should be ashamed. At least that's one reviewer i no longer have to worry about checking out, what a very average thing to do.
V4P3R ought to just hang up his pretend journalism hat and give it up.

Boy, boy.

It's so stupid to have drama like this. I'm not an American, I'm Dutch (you know the country that made drippers, and tanks bigger than 2ml illegal because.... well ..... it kills babies). In my country things like these could serve as ammunition for legislators. Some really well known vaper(s) throwing accusation around that some maybe, for lack of a beter word, "corrupt". And all that in the public eye!

I could see that the Dutch equivalent of the FDA would have a field day with this, using it as prove that this market needs "regulation" ASAP! It could be used as an example that not only e-juices "needs" regulation, but it would certainly be used to show that there is something "fishy" about that hardware aspect of vaping, so beter to put a ban hammer to that before it gets out of hand.

Stupid, stupid, stupid!!!

Mazam

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
And I can't wait to see the bloated ego video that Rip posts after this fiasco.

If he doesn't post it in the next day, are people going to give him "not caring" shit for failing to record one from the hospital? He stated in that istick 50 review back on the 17th the wife was due sometime within the week.

Just saying. They might as well truly go all in with the BS at this point ;)

Drone

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So disappointing. I had to put all the popcorn away and take the microwave off the pre-programmed popcorn setting. So much drama to be had... and nothing but a text. Oh well, I'm sure some other vape drama will pop up soon that will be much more entertaining. This one had no legs at all.

Maybe Twisted can come out with his own RDA. You can drip as many drops as you want into it, but no vapor will ever come out.

CDZVaper

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I'm gonna go out on a limb and guess someone got a nice big fast juicy letter from someone elses lawyer, saying shut the fack up or we'll see you in court.

Twisted420 looking like a fool.

Midniteoyl

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I didn't say you paid 100k in taxes on 150k. Self employment taxes, or an owner draw, are taxed at higher rates than what an employee pays. You are paying payroll taxes and SS taxes both ways. But I'm sure you know this, if you are self employed.

However, it's typical of business, that overheads are about 50% of gross income. Especially if you are a good businessman and make your business pay ALL expenses it's supposed to. That means a home based business, actually PAYS for the portion every month, that it's claiming on the schedule C.

For a guy who was making 50K working someplace else with benefits like insurance, 401K, vacation time, etc. they have to make MUCH more than 50 K to cover those expenses and keep themselves at the same lifestyle/benefits they had before.

You can make the business pay for all those benefits, but it doesn't lessen the fact you need to make MUCH more as a person self employed, then employee, to be in the same place.

Not to mention the HUGE investment of your time and life, to keep a business running and successful.
Actually, every tax season I would so a LOSS as far as taxes were concerned so I didnt actually pay out of pocket for SS and Medicare, or income, when I actually brought home over $60k a year.. Its all in how you do your taxes (not cheating though) and is a numbers game.

Midniteoyl

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Annnnd... I rest my case! LMAO!!!

Much to do about nothing...

I dont do facebook, but, there are several post saying Kurt already backtracked and says Twisted 'got it all wrong' or something to that effect... Anybody help me out here?

Midniteoyl

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
He was being asked to promote an app.. You get compensation for promotions. Its the way things work. Notice Kurt did say that Rip still reviewed a product with no strings attached. This was all about promoting a product. Something Twisted and quit a few people all seemed to forget.. or gloss over.

vaperature

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Annnnd... I rest my case! LMAO!!!

Much to do about nothing...

I dont do facebook, but, there are several post saying Kurt already backtracked and says Twisted 'got it all wrong' or something to that effect... Anybody help me out here?
kurt.PNG

Midniteoyl

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
The first screenshot posted yesterday, not shown in the vid, was that Rip agreed to promote the app across all of his media outlets and lend him name to the promotion of it. For that, you do get compensation. It seems that they also wanted him to sit on the companies Advisory Board. For that, you do get paid. I mean, you are promoting and working for the company at this point. You dont do that stuff for free and let them reap all the rewards for your work and image, correct?

Midniteoyl

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years

vaperature

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I think you need to write one for yourself too.. not trying to be mean, but you did post several posts here damning Rip with no proof and wild exaggerations of what really happened.

Just saying..
Watch him deny he did that now.

Browncoat

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Vape Media
I think you need to write one for yourself too.. not trying to be mean, but you did post several posts here damning Rip with no proof and wild exaggerations of what really happened.

Just saying..
I did? Which posts here was I damning Rip with no proof and making wild exaggerations of what really happened?

vaperature

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
TOLD YOU HE WOULD DENY IT. He thinks we're all idiots who can't remember what happened yesterday.

Pauly Walnuts

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Media is media, period. News media, sports media, or vape media all behave the same
Too often in the media, a drive to break sensational news will skew facts, slander people, and fuck their own credibility, in an ever increasing attempt to be on the cutting edge.

The problem is, once a source has proven itself to be unreliable, many people will never see them the same way again. Screwing a viewer base with unsubstantiated bullshit is the worst thing the media can do to itself. Admitting they were wrong only goes so far, since it casts doubt on past and future claims.

Browncoat

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Vape Media
TOLD YOU HE WOULD DENY IT. He thinks we're all idiots who can't remember what happened yesterday.
There's no need to remember, Melvin. Quote it. Your twisted memory of what supposedly happened is sketchy at best, due to your severe mental condition.

vaperature

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Media is media, period. News media, sports media, or vape media all behave the same
Too often in the media, a drive to break sensational news will skew facts, slander people, and fuck their own credibility, in an ever increasing attempt to be on the cutting edge.

The problem is, once a source has proven itself to be unreliable, many people will never see them the same way again. Screwing a viewer base with unsubstantiated bullshit is the worst thing the media can do to itself. Admitting they were wrong only goes so far, since it casts doubt on past and future claims.
I called V4P3R on this a long time ago, when he was just repeating everything Joe was saying on Mod Envy and acting like it was "breaking news" that he himself researched. Hopefully more people will see him for the shill he is now.

vaperature

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Just in case anyone didn't see the video yet where Twisted420 himself admits everything he said (and everything V4P3R repeated) was nothing but hearsay.

Browncoat

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Vape Media
I feel sorry for you, Melvin. It must be maddening to be so hellbent on destroying me, but always falling short.

Actually, that explains a lot.

vaperature

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I feel sorry for you, Melvin. It must be maddening to be so hellbent on destroying me, but always falling short.

Actually, that explains a lot.
I don't have to do shit to destroy you. You do it to yourself. You were given a HUGE opportunity here, with all the promo Joe did for you, you could have made yourself into a hugely successful, respected blog. Instead, you chose to just post National Enquirer type bullshit that was so sloppy even a monkey could see through it. Not my fault.

Browncoat

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Vape Media
Let the butthurt flow through you, Melvin. Give in to the dark side.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VU Sponsors