Become a Patron!

RDA compatible with GeekVape Twisted Clapton 26/32ga

Dear All,

I am kinda new to this so please do not judge.

I have a Smok R80 Mod Kit with a TFV4 Micro RBA. I have used 28ga kaithal in parallel as well as twisted dual coil builds.

Recently I purchased a Twisted Clapton (Kanthal A1) 26ga/32ga wire only to realise that the overall wire gauge is just too large to fit on my atomiser. I had been thinking of getting a dripper for a while and thought this is a good excuse to get one.

Could you please help me select a RDA that would work with my mod (80W) and be able to keep the Ohm reading around 0.5.

All suggestions are welcome. Thanks in advance!

Hey St. Roostifer, Thanks for your response.

You think I could use this coil on a dual coil setup. I understand that to get the desired ohm I have to have two 1 Ohm coils. With this wire this seems a long shot, but I don't know if it is even possible.

As I have vaped on a dual coil setup all this while, don't know if a single coil setup would feel like an upgrade or downgrade.

St.Roostifer

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
With the wire you have you would need to make each coil with a 4mm ID and 9 wraps which would put you at 1.04 ohms for each coil.That would be one hell of a hell off a ramp up time and would need alot of battery juice to get those coils going. You'll be charging your batteries more often, that's for sure. IMHO, not worth it given the wire you have.

Honestly. I'd get a single coil rda for that twisted wire you have and bump up the nicotine level in your juices. You can get amazing flavor out of a singe coil rda. It wouldn't be a down grade at all.

VU Sponsors