Become a Patron!

RDAs and internal battery

vapebeast92

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hi I just started vaping a month ago, my question is is it ok to use an rda on a regulated mod with an internal battery. I'm waiting on my first rda and I plan on using it on the cuboid mini. Also is it ok to use my mod to read ohms instead of an ohm reader?

JERUS

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
It's not advised to use your mod as an ohmmeter. Think of it this way, a good ohmmeter costs like $30, your mod costs you how much? You think they tossed a $30 ohmmeter in there?

However, use Steam-engine and stay away from pushing the limits (build at like .25Ω+) and you shouldn't have to worry.

As for using the RDA on a cuboid mini, yeah it won't be a problem at all. It's just a power delivery device, as long as it screws in and makes a good connection (I see no reason it shouldn't) then you're set.

JERUS

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Adding one thing, when you use steam engine and then check your build on your mod, if you see it's much lower resistance than you anticipated check the coil for shorts, maybe one of the wraps is touching a post or stuff like that. If it's much higher make sure everything is connected and tightened properly. You don't need to throw your shoulder into tightening down the post screws but you want it nice and snug so you have a solid connection, resistance bouncing around and in general being higher than anticipated is a sign of a shoddy connection somewhere.

You very much can get away with not having a devoted ohmmeter it's just not recommended and you want to take extra safety precautions to adjust for what you know is most likely an inaccurate reading.

VU Sponsors