Member For 1 Year
Do i need to keep rewicking my coils
And cotton everyday with my RTA?
Ive got the griffin and the herakles.

Rin Vapes

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Rewick when you need to, not necessarily everyday. Most people get an off-flavor when it's come to rewick. Or if you're changing flavors it's usually a good idea.

Synphul

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'd agree, definitely when changing flavors. Seems like the previous flavor never leaves and it's a bit like drinking a glass of milk that had a little iced tea or koolaid swirling around the bottom of the glass before pouring the milk. If using the same flavor my wicks usually last me several days, longer if they don't burn or anything. Usually flavor changes are the cause for mine getting rewicked.

Neither of those look overly tedious to rewick, mine's not either so I don't mind. Cotton is cheap, I got a pack of 180 pads for like $8 off amazon. When cutting wicks off them I generally get 8-10 wicks per pad maybe more. Even at 8, that's enough to rewick every day for almost 4yrs :p

JERUS

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I rewick every 2-7 days depending on juice, wattage, coil build and all the fun variables. I've had a wick last 2 weeks and still look pretty good but changed it anyways, that's only happened once though. 5 days is about normal for me.

Markw4mms

#Team Jimi Supporter
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I rewick when it starts to taste off, or if I vape something that can't be vaped out of the wick when changing flavors. I seem to get a week, sometimes two out a set of wicks on average. FWIW, I don't need to rewick as often since I started DIY.

FL_David

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Or if you're changing flavors it's usually a good idea.
If you do DIY it can be fun not to change wicks when changing flavors, unless it would be gross not to. Vaping a chocolate flavor and then switch to orange cream might be tasty, though chocolate then to green tea not so much.

When I'm in new recipe mix mode, I may change the wicks more then a couple of times depending how much new flavors I add. In non-mixing mode I may wait until the wicks are black and nasty tasting.
My Pro Tank 2 wick n coils, I only change them when the coils no longer work well and try to keep the flavors the same, known to play well or clean out the tank. I use mostly RTA/RDA's for the same reasons we all do.

HondaDavidson

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
How often you rewick kinda depend on the juice you use and how you vape it. If I use only synthetic flavor juices I can go several days. If i use NET Flavor based juices as little as a few hours.

VU Sponsors