Become a Patron!

Recipes that have stood the test of time for you.

Sonar505

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Modder
I have been DIY since 2011. In all those years many,many recipes have been made. Some were one offs, and some were remade for up to 2 years later. All but one I would eventually get tired of and stop making them. That one for whatever reason I never seemed to get enough of it.
It became the recipe that I always tried very hard to never run out of. And while I played around with tweaking it the basic recipe stayed the same. Because I got to know it so well it also became my go to juice when trying out a new atty, mod or coil.
This recipe also has a few pro's and cons that I discovered over the years.
It does take a couple of weeks steeping for the full flavor to come out. But one way around that is to heat in a slow cooker 4 hours on low. Or I used to rotate several bottles so that when I was ready to open one it had already been steeping for at least 2 weeks. Now I just make it a Liter at a time and when approx. 2 weeks from running out. just make another Liter.
It can be a coil gunker. But a nice thing about it is that the flavor seems to improve as the coil gets gunked up until it starts having problems firing the coil. And since I only use rebuildables it is a simple matter to pull the wick and dry burn the coil pop in new cotton and were off again.
Added benefit is if you accidentally vape your coil dry and lightly burn your cotton. Re juicing it with this can mask the char and allow you to continue vaping.
Never had anyone complain about the smell. Quite the opposite in fact with a lot of people complimenting you on how wonderful it smells. and for whatever reason quite a few comments of Who is eating pancakes?
So here it is.
Sonar505's RY4 Recipe

Nicotine Currently using Vapers Tek have tried it between 36 and down to 3mg.
PG Essential Depot At 70%
VG Essential Depot At 30%
Acytel Pyrazine TFA/TPA 2%
Ethyl Maltol 10% Solution in PG 1/2%
Graham Cracker (Clear) TFA/TPA 4%
Sweet Cream TFA/TPA 2%
RY4 Double TFA/TPA 12%
Agave Necter 10% Solution in PG 1/2%

So do you have A recipe you would be willing to share that has stood the test of Time for U?

Kat

Member For 4 Years
Thank you. Have a question though. What is Agave Necter 10% Solution in PG 1/2% ? Brand?

Budds

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
RY4 Double..... 2%. 1 liter @ a time.

Will bleed off 15 mls here and there and add what i feel that day.... to mix it up a bit.
Little AP... little french vanilla .... Brown sugar.... coconut .... who knows !

But the 2% base has stayed with me since my 2 month of vaping.
Knew I could do at least as well as the store brands......
Anywyas.....................

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Mine would be my strawberry & cream, which is in my blog post (link's in my sig). I post both the original recipe, which was about 31% flavoring, and also whatever I'm currently mixing, which is just a smidge over 25% flavoring -- as time has gone by and my tastebuds have started recovering, I've found that I need less and less flavoring, and a whole lot less sweetener. But that strawberry & cream has been my all-day/every-day vape since Dec 2014, with a very few short vacations, when I was suffering a cold/sinus infection that made it taste/smell funny or unpleasant to me.

The reason for the very high level of flavoring when I first started making it was to completely avoid that steeping business, because you can't determine if you like something you've mixed if you have to wait and wait just to be able to taste it. Nowadays, with the lower level of flavoring, I do let it steep for about a week-ish -- but I KNOW it's good, and therefore worth waiting for; I wait till the 60ml bottle I'm currently using is about half-gone, then mix the next. But it's still vapable at time of mix, even if not quite as delicious.

It's still the best juice I've ever tasted, FAR better than anything else whether bought or DIY.

Andria

BKTOAD

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thank you. Have a question though. What is Agave Necter 10% Solution in PG 1/2% ? Brand?

Pretty sure he is refering to agave nectar, the sweetener. Sold in grocery stores by either the honey or the sugar. And making a solution of 90% pg and 10% agave nectar.

Sonar505

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Modder

Sorry was away from computer. Yes @BKTOAD was correct I mix 1 part Agave Nectar(Any Brand Found in Grocery Store) to 9 parts PG . Heated in a microwave 10 seconds and then shaken until mixed. For me it adds a touch of sweet without a chemical after taste. Been using it since 2012 and No Body parts have fallen off yet.:zombie:

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Hillbilly Pig

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Reddit Exile
The one recipe I got that has lived throughout since I first started with DIY is jasmine tea. I just like it, simple as that.

2% jasmine FA
.5% black tea FA
1% green tea FA
.5% lemon Sicily FA

Nothing fancy, just some dumb tea vape.

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Try it. It's quite complex, especially how the brown sugar "sticks" to your tongue on the exhale. It really is delightful.

Edit: give it at least four days.
cool..I like complex flavors..is the brown sugar a coil gunker.

richu75

Member For 4 Years
I picked this up somewhere and have been making it eversince. Sorry to the original creator who I cannot give enough credit.

1% inawera bicuit
2% fa catalan cream
1% fa cream fresh

Can be a snv if you like that citrusy edge the catalan cream delivers, or let it smooth out over a day or two.

Willbo

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Good thread as I find I hardly make many recipes ever more than twice as can get bored of stuff easily, that goes for both my own and other peoples recipes. Also with so many new flavourings the last year or so I do think recipes can always be improved from a couple of years ago. I am always trying to make new stuff and not an ADV type, but the one recipe I still make now and again just because it always tastes simple and nice and actually like a proper biscuit unlike 90% of others I have mixed since would be the golden oreo cheesecake which at the same time was a bug bear for me. I must have tried to make a custard cream recipe zillions of times and was generally always trying to adapt this recipe towards making it until I realised it was great as it was and actually didnt work for what I was trying to do. I do still find it strange all the biscuit recipes I see generally seem to be using cap sugar cookie or inw/jungle flavours biscuit when a better combination by far to my tastedbuds has been fa cookie and cheesecake graham crust from a recipe that is three years old :)

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
My go to is a really easy 2 ingredient recipe. This has been an adv for me over the last two years.

Tfa berry crunch-13%
Tfa sweet cream- 7%

joeyboy

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
My go to is a really easy 2 ingredient recipe. This has been an adv for me over the last two years.

Tfa berry crunch-13%
Tfa sweet cream- 7%
Hmm, I have these. I may have to try this....The Firebird Special.

GKG2017

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
First off I'm enjoying this thread. Im a newbie to DIY. I plan on using some of the simpler recipes posted in this thread. So I'm going to make a list of more flavors to order. I have a question on the flavoring percentages added with PG/VG Nicotine. Some of the recipes posted have 5%,10%,15%,20% flavors added. Is there a general rule or a preferred way of adding flavor percentage to the amount of a batch made like 15mil, 30mil, 60mil,120 mil and so on.

For instance what are the best flavoring results in percentage wise making only a 15 mil batch. 70 vg/ 30 pg. 3mg desired nicotine.

Or 10% flavoring added to how many Mils made. 30,60,120 ?
Or 15%
Or 20%

Cheers.

BKTOAD

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
First off I'm enjoying this thread. Im a newbie to DIY. I plan on using some of the simpler recipes posted in this thread. So I'm going to make a list of more flavors to order. I have a question on the flavoring percentages added with PG/VG Nicotine. Some of the recipes posted have 5%,10%,15%,20% flavors added. Is there a general rule or a preferred way of adding flavor percentage to the amount of a batch made like 15mil, 30mil, 60mil,120 mil and so on.

For instance what are the best flavoring results in percentage wise making only a 15 mil batch. 70 vg/ 30 pg. 3mg desired nicotine.

Or 15%
Or 20%

Cheers.

Unfortunately, it is not so easy as "every recipe uses X percentage of flavoring"

I make some with 2% total flavoring, some with 20%.

Depends on the flavorings themselves. Some are way too strong at 1/2%, some are weak at 10%.

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Or 15%
Or 20%

Cheers.
listen to advice, but in the end experimentation is the only test....you have to find what works for you.don't be afraid to do the oppisite of what others do.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
BLASPHEMY

Not at all. Everyone told me 2% or 4% for shisha strawberry -- I couldn't even taste it till I used 16%, plus 15% of supporting flavors. Because not only are all flavors different, everyone's tastebuds are different. It seems to be generally true that smoking compromises one's ability to taste anything, and the longer one smokes, the greater the damage -- but the recuperation from that damage is highly individual -- I was nearly 2 yrs smoke-free before I could even start decreasing that 31%, to its current 25%, and the sweetener was the first and most drastic reduction.

Andria

joeyboy

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Not at all. Everyone told me 2% or 4% for shisha strawberry -- I couldn't even taste it till I used 16%, plus 15% of supporting flavors. Because not only are all flavors different, everyone's tastebuds are different. It seems to be generally true that smoking compromises one's ability to taste anything, and the longer one smokes, the greater the damage -- but the recuperation from that damage is highly individual -- I was nearly 2 yrs smoke-free before I could even start decreasing that 31%, to its current 25%, and the sweetener was the first and most drastic reduction.

Andria
I've said once and I'll say again, I'm always right. Ask my wife. Better yet, don't ask her.

homer-simpson-doh.png

Kat

Member For 4 Years
Sorry was away from computer. Yes @BKTOAD was correct I mix 1 part Agave Nectar(Any Brand Found in Grocery Store) to 9 parts PG . Heated in a microwave 10 seconds and then shaken until mixed. For me it adds a touch of sweet without a chemical after taste. Been using it since 2012 and No Body parts have fallen off yet.:zombie:
Cool thanks

Kat

Member For 4 Years
RY4 Double..... 2%. 1 liter @ a time.

Will bleed off 15 mls here and there and add what i feel that day.... to mix it up a bit.
Little AP... little french vanilla .... Brown sugar.... coconut .... who knows !

But the 2% base has stayed with me since my 2 month of vaping.
Knew I could do at least as well as the store brands......
Anywyas.....................
I'm gonna have to try it at 2%. I mix it at a higher % but lately I'm finding i like stuff with lower flavoring

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

wllmc

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Sponsor
VU Challenge Team
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years

Mykreign

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
lol and I dont go over 1% on it , if and when I use it. just goes to show you have to let your own tasters guide you :)

I use it at 1.5% in one recipe and 2.5% in another. Definitely one of the more stronger flavors out there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RonJS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
just goes to show you have to let your own tasters guide you :)

I made another batch of your excellent Covfefe recipe yesterday and changed nothing from your original. Perfect amount of flavoring for me....most of the time. o_O

I don't often suffer from palate fatigue, but when I do, I reach for the high octane Shisha Stawberry mix.

Ron
---
"...there's a conflict in every human heart, between the rational and the irrational, between good and evil, and good does not always triumph."-Lieutenant General Corman (Apocalypse Now (1979)

Mykreign

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I made another batch of your excellent Covfefe recipe yesterday and changed nothing from your original. Perfect amount of flavoring for me....most of the time. o_O

I don't often suffer from palate fatigue, but when I do, I reach for the high octane Shisha Stawberry mix.

Ron
---
"...there's a conflict in every human heart, between the rational and the irrational, between good and evil, and good does not always triumph."-Lieutenant General Corman (Apocalypse Now (1979)

That is a good one!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nevin

Member For 4 Years
Tfa dx bavarian cream 1%

Been making it for a looong time (even before the dx version). Lends itself well to other add-ons if you get bored.

I typically like simple-stuipd low percentage flavor mixes.

gsma1500

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I have been DIY since 2011. In all those years many,many recipes have been made. Some were one offs, and some were remade for up to 2 years later. All but one I would eventually get tired of and stop making them. That one for whatever reason I never seemed to get enough of it.
It became the recipe that I always tried very hard to never run out of. And while I played around with tweaking it the basic recipe stayed the same. Because I got to know it so well it also became my go to juice when trying out a new atty, mod or coil.
This recipe also has a few pro's and cons that I discovered over the years.
It does take a couple of weeks steeping for the full flavor to come out. But one way around that is to heat in a slow cooker 4 hours on low. Or I used to rotate several bottles so that when I was ready to open one it had already been steeping for at least 2 weeks. Now I just make it a Liter at a time and when approx. 2 weeks from running out. just make another Liter.
It can be a coil gunker. But a nice thing about it is that the flavor seems to improve as the coil gets gunked up until it starts having problems firing the coil. And since I only use rebuildables it is a simple matter to pull the wick and dry burn the coil pop in new cotton and were off again.
Added benefit is if you accidentally vape your coil dry and lightly burn your cotton. Re juicing it with this can mask the char and allow you to continue vaping.
Never had anyone complain about the smell. Quite the opposite in fact with a lot of people complimenting you on how wonderful it smells. and for whatever reason quite a few comments of Who is eating pancakes?
So here it is.
Sonar505's RY4 Recipe

Nicotine Currently using Vapers Tek have tried it between 36 and down to 3mg.
PG Essential Depot At 70%
VG Essential Depot At 30%
Acytel Pyrazine TFA/TPA 2%
Ethyl Maltol 10% Solution in PG 1/2%
Graham Cracker (Clear) TFA/TPA 4%
Sweet Cream TFA/TPA 2%
RY4 Double TFA/TPA 12%
Agave Necter 10% Solution in PG 1/2%

So do you have A recipe you would be willing to share that has stood the test of Time for U?
Is agave nectar a type of apple flavoring? And did you make the recipe or did you find it?

By the sound of it, I think this might taste the same as "demon vape - Fontana 4706"?
If it is, then this recipe goes in the hall of "holy grails"

Sent fra min LON-L29 via Tapatalk

gsma1500

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Mine would be my strawberry & cream, which is in my blog post (link's in my sig). I post both the original recipe, which was about 31% flavoring, and also whatever I'm currently mixing, which is just a smidge over 25% flavoring -- as time has gone by and my tastebuds have started recovering, I've found that I need less and less flavoring, and a whole lot less sweetener. But that strawberry & cream has been my all-day/every-day vape since Dec 2014, with a very few short vacations, when I was suffering a cold/sinus infection that made it taste/smell funny or unpleasant to me.

The reason for the very high level of flavoring when I first started making it was to completely avoid that steeping business, because you can't determine if you like something you've mixed if you have to wait and wait just to be able to taste it. Nowadays, with the lower level of flavoring, I do let it steep for about a week-ish -- but I KNOW it's good, and therefore worth waiting for; I wait till the 60ml bottle I'm currently using is about half-gone, then mix the next. But it's still vapable at time of mix, even if not quite as delicious.

It's still the best juice I've ever tasted, FAR better than anything else whether bought or DIY.

Andria
What was the recipe Btw?

CrazyChef v2.0

Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
Mine is also a RY4 variant - a custard blend. Been using this in my rotation for about a year.
I make 120ml of the base at a time, and use it at about 15-17% depending on my mood. Steep time is optimally two weeks, but shows a huge improvement in flavor after just one week. Then it just continues to mellow (in a good way) over time.

Here are the 17% recipe percentages:

8% RY4 Double (TPA)
3% Sweet Cream (CAP)
4% Vanilla Custard v1 (CAP)
2% Vanilla Swirl (TPA)

Sonar505

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Modder
Is agave nectar a type of apple flavoring? And did you make the recipe or did you find it?

By the sound of it, I think this might taste the same as "demon vape - Fontana 4706"?
If it is, then this recipe goes in the hall of "holy grails"

Sorry never heard of Demon Vape-Fontana 4706. Agave nectar is not a apple flavoring. It is made from Agave Cactus. Taste sort of like a cross between Honey and Syrup.

Deeks

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Mine is also a RY4 variant - a custard blend. Been using this in my rotation for about a year.
I make 120ml of the base at a time, and use it at about 15-17% depending on my mood. Steep time is optimally two weeks, but shows a huge improvement in flavor after just one week. Then it just continues to mellow (in a good way) over time.

Here are the 17% recipe percentages:

8% RY4 Double (TPA)
3% Sweet Cream (CAP)
4% Vanilla Custard v1 (CAP)
2% Vanilla Swirl (TPA)

Wow, i actually make something super close to this for whiskey drinking nights lol. I generally dont care for ry4 cept for when whoosky is involved!

Sonar505

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Modder
Wow, i actually make something super close to this for whiskey drinking nights lol. I generally dont care for ry4 cept for when whoosky is involved!

I semi agree with you. In that that Ry4 recipes are one the few juices that I actually enjoy while drinking. But I also enjoy it when I am not drinking So what do I know.:cheers::drunk:

VU Sponsors