Become a Patron!

Recommendations? maybe?

LarryYo

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
last christmas i finally got my Future father in-law or my girlfriends old man a new mod he was running a tesla that looks like its back from 2010. I got him a tc 50w cloupor mini plus now that his birthday is around the corner i want to upgrade his tank because I know that he will never get another one. He is using the Aspire Nautilus at the moment. He always bugs me for my juice since i have a higher VG ratio mix. He does it for the clouds. Now i want to find him a good Temp control tank that doesn't necessarily need to throw clouds just more then his Nautilus. Any recommendations i was thinking the the Uwell crown tank. I just want to know what better options there may be. Thank you all in advance

LarryYo

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
awesome yeah i was looking at the kangar series for a tank do they have nickle coils for them? I want to get him started on temp control if he is going to want to throw some clouds he wont be used to filling his tank as often

Tumbleweed

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've been firing my Crown off of a 50w Kanger for a couple of months now. Works good with the .5 coils. Good vape & flavor.
Now I'm upgrading the Kanger to the 120w, but the Crown will stay.

LarryYo

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
My question is now if the temp setting is fired in Joules instead of watts if this tank fires up to 50J wouldn't that be the only unit that i should be looking at for power or does the wattage have to do with the temperature control itself?

Vapin4Joy

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My question is now if the temp setting is fired in Joules instead of watts if this tank fires up to 50J wouldn't that be the only unit that i should be looking at for power or does the wattage have to do with the temperature control itself?
Basically the same, the variable is temp setting, joules or watts adjusts ramp up time. The Kanger has nickel coils available.

LarryYo

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
sweet thanks i may just get a few tanks and see which ones he likes the kangar is going to be on that list as well.

DED420

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yes, the Kanger series does have Ni200 coils (Blue O-Rings), and the TopTank has top refill, making it easier for him.

The Crown is an amazing tank, one of my faves. But, unless you have an SS TC capable mod, or a mod with 75W+ in Power Mode, it just won't shine unfortunately. If you're getting him the Cloupor Mini Plus, stick with a Kanger tank for him (plus the coils are more widely available).

In Power Mode, you use Wattage.
In TC mode, it uses Joules (which is essentially just Wattage).
In Temp Mode, you set the Temp you want to achieve, and then adjust the Wattage (Joules) to affect Ramp-Time (the time it takes for the coils to reach the set Temp). The closer you can get to Temp without going over, the better the vape experience will be. So depending on the length of time he takes a pull, you will adjust the Joules accordingly.

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
last christmas i finally got my Future father in-law or my girlfriends old man a new mod he was running a tesla that looks like its back from 2010. I got him a tc 50w cloupor mini plus now that his birthday is around the corner i want to upgrade his tank because I know that he will never get another one. He is using the Aspire Nautilus at the moment. He always bugs me for my juice since i have a higher VG ratio mix. He does it for the clouds. Now i want to find him a good Temp control tank that doesn't necessarily need to throw clouds just more then his Nautilus. Any recommendations i was thinking the the Uwell crown tank. I just want to know what better options there may be. Thank you all in advance

you could just get him the tc coils for the atlantis, or get him a triton tank and run tc atlantis coils in it. that way he can interchange everything without needing different sets of everything.

better even, I use the silo beast, which lets me use any atlantis, triton or silo coil out there
It has a 5 ml or a 3ml tank, top fill and more airflow than I would need.
-and the upside is, if he travels any shop would carry an Atlantis coil

LarryYo

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
you could just get him the tc coils for the atlantis, or get him a triton tank and run tc atlantis coils in it. that way he can interchange everything without needing different sets of everything.

better even, I use the silo beast, which lets me use any atlantis, triton or silo coil out there
It has a 5 ml or a 3ml tank, top fill and more airflow than I would need.
-and the upside is, if he travels any shop would carry an Atlantis coil
that sounds like it would be something worth looking into i appreciate the help!
Yes, the Kanger series does have Ni200 coils (Blue O-Rings), and the TopTank has top refill, making it easier for him.

The Crown is an amazing tank, one of my faves. But, unless you have an SS TC capable mod, or a mod with 75W+ in Power Mode, it just won't shine unfortunately. If you're getting him the Cloupor Mini Plus, stick with a Kanger tank for him (plus the coils are more widely available).

In Power Mode, you use Wattage.
In TC mode, it uses Joules (which is essentially just Wattage).
In Temp Mode, you set the Temp you want to achieve, and then adjust the Wattage (Joules) to affect Ramp-Time (the time it takes for the coils to reach the set Temp). The closer you can get to Temp without going over, the better the vape experience will be. So depending on the length of time he takes a pull, you will adjust the Joules accordingly.
thank you for clearing that up for me he already has the cloupor mini TC so i think im going to be getting him a couple tanks and see which one he likes. Im sure my future mother in-law will use whatever is there shes just starting but doesnt seem to be motivated enough to quit quite yet.

Again thanks for all the information!

VU Sponsors