Become a Patron!

Redheaded Stepchildren

DogMan

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Been outta touch the last 30 hours. Storms blew through Friday night. 97mph winds recorded at the airport. A fed ex plane was blown across the tarmac.
Over 200,000 customers without power. Trees and fences down everywhere. We had minor damage. The fence between me and my neighbor went down. Technically his fence but he and I put it back up, so to speak, cuz he has 2 fur brats and we have Herk. My AC unit was blown half way off its pad and our patio table and chairs were blown across 3 neighboring yards. Minor limbs down and planting areas tore up but better off than most. The house 2 doors up the street had its roof ripped off. No power for 30 hours….no lights, air conditioning, internet but the fridge and freezer were never opened and everything kept cold so no food loss. Y’all can help out by sending cash and Swedish pizza our way.
What was the humidity level?

Hawkizefan

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Bad weather possibly brewing again but weather chick said that winds should stay below 90mph………probably……..hopefully.

DogMan

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I blame Huddy

3f5f922fe903931a10d20f2898cc17ef.jpg

Hawkizefan

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
And rightly so
Exactly.
Rare weekday off. I get to fill it with mowing, rearranging the garage to add a fridge that my wife rescued from my D.A.F.I.L. (Dumb Ass Father In Law) who assured her was practically brand new but as it turns out it’s old and filthy and may be beyond being cleaned. D.A.(Dumb Ass) put the filthy thing in a hot garage and for some unknown reason thought that shutting the doors was a good Idea. I also get to do downspout repairs. I’m already thinking I would be better off at work.

DogMan

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Cold, dark morning

It's OK. I love a good challenge

And, knuckles, a good challenge, IMO, is one that is really easy, not cold, not dark, and not too challenging

Straw poll

Winter should end now?

1. Yes
2. Yes
3. Yes
4. Also yes

keithu2

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I get to be a regular tourist for the next day and a half. Opposed to a working tourist for the last two days.
Staying in Waikiki and it’s zoo-like. You’d never think we’re still under restrictions except for the masks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DogMan

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
IMG_20210718_193357.jpg

"Get off Mattie's lawn" 2021 mixed media

The garage has been around 40°F. So this layer will take weeks to dry enough to fill some green lawn, which should hopefully texturally break up over the edges of the path and look not terrible

Long way to go

I am slow AF

Hawkizefan

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
i don't know

holters?

i think it just provides doctors with material to whinge about
Maybe it’s a tracker so certain people know where you are at all times.
you should check that theory out by going to sketchy places and see if anybody reacts. Hit a booby bar, a nude grocery store and finish it off with lunch at dirty Betty’s.

DogMan

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
cardiologist today

i don't understand what happened, but he referred me back for more tests

did stress echocardiogram today, 2nd aug is full echocardiogram, which is apparently different

apparently "1.7" bears repeating between cardiologist and technician

as i was leaving, he said that he wants to work out why i have developed a heart murmur

but, knuckles, dear sweet knuckles, we were already overtime, and i had spotted a mexican restaurant on my way. Which is where my mind was

he took my blood pressure on treadmill, and i didn't realise BP went that high, like it cut off at 200 or something

hearts... pfft... more useless than brakes

Merbear

Silver Contributor
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
he didn't directly say so. But it was implied that he blames Huddy, and that i need to eat more donuts

g'night knucklebutts
he didn't directly say so. But it was implied that he blames Huddy, and that i need to eat more donuts

g'night knucklebutts
cardiologist today

did stress echocardiogram today, 2nd aug is full echocardiogram, which is apparently different

as i was leaving, he said that he wants to work out why i have developed a heart murmur

but, knuckles, dear sweet knuckles, we were already overtime, and i had spotted a mexican restaurant on my way. Which is where my mind was

he took my blood pressure on treadmill, and i didn't realise BP went that high, like it cut off at 200 or something

Oh Doggie dear Doggie…

Hawkizefan

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
cardiologist today

Don’t fool around with this. Follow orders and get that bp down.
Tell your heart to stop murmuring and to speak up and tell you what it wants.
Block Huddy.
Send me your donuts.
And tell your pancreas that you love it.

VU Sponsors