VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
The reason I had to close the original thread was because everyone turned it into a chit chat thread. I wanted to nail down the very big bugs (lag, etc).
We had over 10 pages of conversation going on and it makes it impossible to follow.

DID YOU KNOW? The reason its called a bug? Well in 1947 they found a moth in the relays. The term "Debugging" was born.

bug.jpg

Rules for the NEW bug thread.

KNOW WHAT YOUR POSTING.
Bugs are serious. If its something like a color change, or a spelling error - that's not a bug. An inconvenience - is NOT a bug.

REPORT A BUG ONCE.
If its posted more than once, it will be deleted. Less confusion.

READ BEFORE YOU POST.
Make sure the bug isn't already posted before posting your version.

WE WENT FROM 1.0 TO 2.0.
This means you might have to figure out a new way to do an old trick. Think of it as updating your OS from windows 7 to windows 10. Things are just straight up different in certain spots. We will add "Add-ons" to the forum as we find out what people like and dislike.

ADMINS AND MODS:
Admins and Mods are the only ones that should reply to bug reports. Once the bug is fixed - we delete it from the thread.

When reporting a bug, include screenshots and browsers your using.
Make sure its not your host, your cache, your browsing habits, and or ad blockers/browser add-ons. Try it on different browsers.
This does make a difference. For instance, I cannot do certain things on the forum when I use Firefox. But I can do everything using Chrome.
Stupid things like that can be very frustrating, but again - not a bug.

When reporting a bug for mobile, and your using TapTalk.
We have zero control of that interface. Report those bugs to them.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Email notifications is still an issue. Need content in the emails so we actually read them. Also the notification "Bell" doesn't work unless you refresh the page.

VaporJoe

_ the end has arrived _
Staff member
VU Owner
VU Senior Leadership
VU Senior Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
Email notifications is still an issue. Need content in the emails so we actually read them. Also the notification "Bell" doesn't work unless you refresh the page.

I think fixed your problem. Can you confirm? I told the system to send full bodies and full quoted text in emails.

Countrypami

The Link Ninja
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon

VaporJoe

_ the end has arrived _
Staff member
VU Owner
VU Senior Leadership
VU Senior Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
So we shall call that fixed.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
It appears so~!! I can't post a screen shot in this thread though?

VaporJoe

_ the end has arrived _
Staff member
VU Owner
VU Senior Leadership
VU Senior Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
Email color switched form Black to White.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Yep. looking good now. But can't post a screen shot in this thread to show you. Works everywhere else that I know of.

Countrypami

The Link Ninja
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
1601064853513.png

Screenshots in this thread are working for me... simple copy/paste using Win10 snipping tool.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
So @Countrypami I think I have copied and pasted enough images in other threads to prove it is not on my end and only in @VaporJoe threads. Just Joes threads I can't post a screen shot. I would say that is a bug. A big one.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I do my own checking to make sure it isn't on my end where the Issue is located before I ever Report An Issue.

Countrypami

The Link Ninja
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
So @Countrypami I think I have copied and pasted enough images in other threads to prove it is not on my end and only in @VaporJoe threads. Just Joes threads I can't post a screen shot. I would say that is a bug. A big one.
Well you're the only one bitching about it and you've reported it enough damn times. I'm sure Joe will look into it when he has time.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Well you're the only one bitching about it and you've reported it enough damn times. I'm sure Joe will look into it when he has time.

Lovely response from a freaking Administrator. Tell me it is on my end like the Returd on ECF. Don't tell me where the problem lies I do this for a living.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Found a new bug and the possible reason for it. When posting images using the Insert Images tool you see it but when you post it you can't see it. Another member took the image and when they tried to post it, it gave them a message it was too big. You do not get that message when previewing it or using the tool.

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
Found a new bug and the possible reason for it. When posting images using the Insert Images tool you see it but when you post it you can't see it. Another member took the image and when they tried to post it, it gave them a message it was too big. You do not get that message when previewing it or using the tool.

I've ran into the image too large error before as well.
Edit: Which button are you using?

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
giphy.gif

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
In this thread ONLY I can't Edit or post a Screen Shot.

Could you do me a quick favor and try anywhere else in this sub to see if it's the subforums permissions?
I'm going on a hunch that since this is the forum announcements sub the permissions are different between staff and regular members.

Try my thread here since it's not Joe's.
That way we can see if it's the sub or Joe's post permissions.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Could you do me a quick favor and try anywhere else in this sub to see if it's the subforums permissions?
I'm going on a hunch that since this is the forum announcements sub the permissions are different between staff and regular members.

Try my thread here since it's not Joe's.
That way we can see if it's the sub or Joe's post permissions.

I tried to post a screen shot and NG.

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Windows 10
Chrome
FireFox
Explorer

When I visit the site, the notification bell will show 60+ notifications... That is... until I mouse over it, and then it shows the correct number if any.

Ms. Trixy

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
My daily alerts are not clearing out for 3 days. I still have some from Sunday that I've already looked at and are still there. Before, once I clicked on the link to take me there, say to view something I'm tagged in, the alert remains in my list. Before it would delete itself since I viewed it.

2WhiteWolves

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Not getting any emails from my watched threads. Started a few days ago, was hoping they would start up again so I wouldn't have to report it.

Sent from....Somewhere on Tapatalk

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Not getting any emails from my watched threads. Started a few days ago, was hoping they would start up again so I wouldn't have to report it.

Same issue here but not continuous. Sometimes I get a Notification and sometimes not. Like goto a couple this morning but nothing since. Still the Notification Bell doesn't work either with out refreshing the page or closing browser and reopening.

VaporJoe

_ the end has arrived _
Staff member
VU Owner
VU Senior Leadership
VU Senior Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon

Its working fine. Some peoples email providers may be blocking or putting it spam. Here is a screenshot of the last few that came in. We send a ton of emails everyday. Well over 1,000,000 a month (I know because I have to pay for the service lol).

Attachments

• sdfdfsfdsfsdfs.jpg
    sdfdfsfdsfsdfs.jpg
    129 KB · Views: 3

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
No email about this thread I only replied to. No emails for my thread with replies and checked my Spam Folder. Using GMail and they are not one to block but send to spam and give an option to Mark as Not Spam.

2WhiteWolves

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Its working fine. Some peoples email providers may be blocking or putting it spam. Here is a screenshot of the last few that came in. We send a ton of emails everyday. Well over 1,000,000 a month (I know because I have to pay for the service lol).
The only ones I've received are Vapor Joes Daily Vaping Deals, that's it. So, if Gmail isn't blocking these ones, why would Gmail block the others? And, when I was receiving emails they never went to spam and currently are not going to spam (if I was getting emails)
Well, than I'm glad I'm helping out each month ;)

Countrypami

The Link Ninja
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
The only ones I've received are Vapor Joes Daily Vaping Deals, that's it. So, if Gmail isn't blocking these ones, why would Gmail block the others? And, when I was receiving emails they never went to spam and currently are not going to spam (if I was getting emails)
Well, than I'm glad I'm helping out each month ;)

Have you visited the threads your not getting emails from within the last 72 hours? I know if you haven't entered the thread for a few days the notifications "go to sleep" per say. Once you've been in the thread they resume again.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Add another day and I see no indication for notifications and haven't checked how many yet, but my own thread I am not receiving emails for and I visit it every morning with Coffee~!

2WhiteWolves

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Today, I started to receive emails and wasn't on the computer to go through my watch threads.
@SteveS45 , maybe unwatch 'em than watch' em again. IDK, just a suggestion.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
So now we have the fix just have someone tag you~! Too bad they did away with Tagging for Contests~!

Ms. Trixy

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
Have you checked your account settings? I went in and tweaked it weeks ago and I'm getting all that I am allowing. But their butt late. lol
I need to go in and check my notification settings. I'm not getting all of the ones I was expecting. But yeah, doesn't hurt to check settings.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Lets give Tagging a try~! @Ms. Trixy ~!

If this works I will freaking fall out of my chair~! It worked for me.............

Ms. Trixy

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
I can't upload the email photo but here's a cut and paste as proof: (Good God! I incorrectly inserted "their for they're"?. I'm losing it.)

SteveS45 Mentioned You!​

2-ekmEDBQzEpl0AHy_UKLs7k1C210G3M4hIZLy8yMA2bMqja1OWTB6vJUNfjPAatGJUjujmnr0NnM8b8jQXTWWvbN1_VepuiOvIBOu9WyyLH-UHSyT0=s0-d-e1-ft
SteveS45​
boI8C1nucK-kEEBWlaJpnPWmzhlOtTZEYzzRI78Kqksk-D5SP94yddI8PM0yElIneHtiV5Q-RJmw4ofOCBkeYGU4m6TuqLIs3ZaE_s61dl0ghnHyWCKllw75EyFYbqxk=s0-d-e1-ft
Lets give Tagging a try~! @Ms. Trixy ~! If this works I will freaking fall out of my chair~! It worked for me.............​

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I noticed the search function doesn't work at all or returns multiple links to posts in the same thread from BOT's. I must use Google to find a thread. Needs fixing IMO.

Countrypami

The Link Ninja
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
I noticed the search function doesn't work at all or returns multiple links to posts in the same thread from BOT's. I must use Google to find a thread. Needs fixing IMO.
Search functions properly for me. What were you searching for? Did you select Titles only or a posted by name?... Did you use any advance features?

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

Oops! We ran into some problems.​

You do not have permission to view this page or perform this action.

Ms. Trixy

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
What's going on with photos? Particularly in Hardware sales? No pics!

Countrypami

The Link Ninja
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
What's going on with photos? Particularly in Hardware sales? No pics!
I'm seeing pics just fine. What exactly is the issue you're having? Loading them, seeing them? Your post or others posts?

Ms. Trixy

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
All posts, at least in the Hardware section. Folks were having the same problem last night seeing for example Gadget's new posts.
I'm running Chrome, it's updated and W10 and all is up to date. All is fine on other sites.
I cleaned my cache last night, restarted the PC and same problem.

VU Sponsors