Become a Patron!

Review: Cotton Bacon by Wick n' Vape

vape.queen

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
This stuff is awesome!!!! Just ordered it from Amazon and I'm super happy with this wicking material. Its 100% medical grade cotton with no bleach, no peroxide, no nothing! I've used cotton balls, Japanese cotton pads...all these things are COSMETIC grade. The medical grade Cotton Bacon is super absorbent, holds the juice much better than anything else I've ever used, and all you taste is your e-liquid. If you haven't tried it yet, get on it!
http://www.amazon.com/CB-Cotton-Bacon/dp/B00OS969KO

vape.queen

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Here's the description that came with my Cotton Bacon:
U.S.A. grown, processed and packaged!! FDA approved, medical grade cotton. Sterile and peroxide free. No aftertaste. Also, as opposed to Japanese pads and cotton balls, ours is made to absorb heavy liquids (blood, in it's medical application) and being that e-liquid is roughly the same consistency, it holds it in the coils better than cosmetic grade. Long stranded cotton. Wicks better with less effort. And draws liquid all the way through wick. (The Quicker Wicker Upper) Packaged for the vaper on the move. Resealable bags. 10 strips per bag, 4-5 wicks per strip, so about 45 in a bag.

vaperature

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
$9.50 for ten sheets of sterile cotton? Really?

CloudyToday

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
This stuff is awesome!!!! Just ordered it from Amazon and I'm super happy with this wicking material. Its 100% medical grade cotton with no bleach, no peroxide, no nothing! I've used cotton balls, Japanese cotton pads...all these things are COSMETIC grade. The medical grade Cotton Bacon is super absorbent, holds the juice much better than anything else I've ever used, and all you taste is your e-liquid. If you haven't tried it yet, get on it!
http://www.amazon.com/CB-Cotton-Bacon/dp/B00OS969KO
sounds great ! can't wait to try it :)

CloudyToday

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
$9.50 for ten sheets of sterile cotton? Really?
well I guess the way I look at it is I wouldn't blink an eye at spending $6-7 for a pack of smokes.....plus, besides the smoking habit I USED TO have, I'm all about organic as much as possible, healthy eating, etc etc, so why not be as safe as possible ? :) Those 10 sheets prolly go a long way too

vape.queen

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
No its $6.99 and 1 pack will probably last a month or so

vape.queen

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I thought the bag looked a little skimpy when I saw it online, but now that I have it in my hands...I know it was money well spent. Plus, since it holds the juice so well, you most likely won't need to rebuild so often...I think I may have struck gold you guys! Haha!

vape.queen

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
And there is literally no aftertaste! Those Japanese cotton sheets take a while to stop having the aftertaste...kinda like u gotta season them...but the cotton bacon starts off with no taste, and its great! I mean fore, its all about being able to taste my e-juice.... And for realz, I built everything fresh earlier today, soaked the wick, took a pull, and tasted nothing but delicious flavor...I'm happy

vaperature

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
You can get 250 sheets of sterile medical grade cotton for $4.99 here, just saying

CloudyToday

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You can get 250 sheets of sterile medical grade cotton for $4.99 here, just saying

that stuff has an after taste, not because I used it for vaping, but because i had to use it when I had some work done on one of my teeth, it tasted like shit..chemicals, so to me if it tastes that bad having to use it for medical purposes, I certainly don't want to burn it. But the bottom line if you don't mind it then by all means do what is best for your wallet ;)

vaperature

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Sorry but that's all Cotton Bacon is. It's that, repackaged.

CloudyToday

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Sorry but that's all Cotton Bacon is. It's that, repackaged.
not necessarily, there are differences in medical grade, if you can tell me they put the same chemical on that cotton as they do on the ones you posted then I'll stand corrected, I did some research and it seems to me they don't.

vaperature

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I don't care what "grade" of medical cotton bacon is, there's no "grade" of medical cotton that sells for seventy cents a freakin sheet. Lol. I mean, cotton is cotton. If it's organic, it's not going to have a chemical taste to it, but on the other hand if it's "sterile" and white in color, then it's been treated with SOMETHING and therefore is no longer organic. So I mean, tell me specifically what "grade" of cotton bacon is and I'm sure I can come up with something else that is selling it at the price of cotton.

CloudyToday

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
how about you just do your own research and then get back to us if you feel you have something productive to add :) In the mean time I for one appreciate @Vape-queen taking the time to do this, because not everyone has been vaping forever and day like you and if someone recommends something that they have tried and really like it, then who are you to come and piss on the parade ? lol :)

vaperature

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
how about you just do your own research and then get back to us if you feel you have something productive to add :) In the mean time I for one appreciate @Vape-queen taking the time to do this, because not everyone has been vaping forever and day like you and if someone recommends something that they have tried and really like it, then who are you to come and piss on the parade ? lol :)
I think Vape Queen is totally cool. She rocks. That doesn't mean Cotton Bacon is anything but medical grade cotton repackaged and sold at 100 times the price though. People read these forums you know. It's not just you two having a casual conversation.

CloudyToday

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I think Vape Queen is totally cool. She rocks. That doesn't mean Cotton Bacon is anything but medical grade cotton repackaged and sold at 100 times the price though. People read these forums you know. It's not just you two having a casual conversation.
yes, I understand that, all the more reason to come in with a more productive comment then price, if you can prove that it is the same or different by all means, I'm all ears, but like I said, from the research I have done and my experience with the stuff you linked, ( not vaping related), it is different.

vape.queen

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I will check out that site dude! I dunno why but my phone takes pics too large to post on here...otherwise I would show you the back of the bag. It says: pharmaceutical cotton: hydrogen peroxide- 0.00%, dyes- 0.00%, foreign matter- 0.00%, cotton- 100%. And it reads like nutritional facts on the back of a box of cereal, lol. It also says its manufactured in an FDA regulated facility and carries the USP standard.

vaperature

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
yes, I understand that, all the more reason to come in with a more productive comment then price, if you can prove that it is the same or different by all means, I'm all ears, but like I said, from the research I have done and my experience with the stuff you linked, ( not vaping related), it is different.
Your "research" amounts to you got some cotton stuffed in your mouth by a dentist that you assume is the same stuff I'm linking to. Bacon Cotton is medical grade cotton, doesn't claim to be anything else. I'm just wondering WHY, if I can help people get the exact same thing at a much lower price, you insist they have to buy the Bacon brand? Sounds like you are shilling to me actually.

vaperature

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I will check out that site dude! I dunno why but my phone takes pics too large to post on here...otherwise I would show you the back of the bag. It says: pharmaceutical cotton: hydrogen peroxide- 0.00%, dyes- 0.00%, foreign matter- 0.00%, cotton- 100%. And it reads like nutritional facts on the back of a box of cereal, lol. It also says its manufactured in an FDA regulated facility and carries the USP standard.

What color is the Bacon Cotton? Is it bright white?

vape.queen

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I'm not arguing here. I'm all about saving money bro! If you found the same stuff for cheaper, that's awesome! I never even thought to look for medical cotton before I found the cotton bacon. If I can get the same stuff cheaper, I'm down.

vape.queen

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Its white, wouldn't say its gleaming, but its consistent

vape.queen

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I just thought it was cool because its made by ppl like us. And I'm all about supporting my fellow vaper in any way I can.

vape.queen

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Oh and is there any way you can post that link again? Its not clickable

vaperature

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I think if Cotton Bacon discovered that medical cotton works better for wicking that's great. I'm all for it. But seventy cents a sheet?? That's all I'm saying.

CloudyToday

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Here's a link to their stuff: http://www.wicknvape.com/#!whybacon/cgj4

My only concern with the stuff you posted vaperature is that there is no trace on that cotton, they use just whatever, could be from China, could be the US, who knows, also Organic simply means that no chemicals where used in the growing of the cotton, that doesn't mean they didn't add any to it later, the term organic is very loosely used in this industry, as well as the food industry these days, the FDA basterdized the term long ago so the food industry could make money, doesn't mean a damn thing anymore unless you yourself grow it.

CloudyToday

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
yep i did, and who knows where it's from, they don't say....look, all I'm saying is if cost is a factor, then by all means go with that stuff or whatever you get at the drug store that hasn't had the bejesus treated out of it, as for this review I'm happy to hear vapequeen's experience with it.

vaperature

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Here's a link to their stuff: http://www.wicknvape.com/#!whybacon/cgj4

My only concern with the stuff you posted vaperature is that there is no trace on that cotton, they use just whatever, could be from China, could be the US, who knows, also Organic simply means that no chemicals where used in the growing of the cotton, that doesn't mean they didn't add any to it later, the term organic is very loosely used in this industry, as well as the food industry these days, the FDA basterdized the term long ago so the food industry could make money, doesn't mean a damn thing anymore unless you yourself grow it.
Yeah and there's no proof of what Cotton Bacon uses either. They make a lot of claims but aren't backing that up with anything. For all we know, they could be buying the same crap I'm linking to and repackaging it. That's all I'm saying. But hey, if it works and keeps you off the stinkies, then great. But it's still just medical grade cotton repackaged.

vaperature

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
yep i did, and who knows where it's from, they don't say....look, all I'm saying is if cost is a factor, then by all means go with that stuff or whatever you get at the drug store that hasn't had the bejesus treated out of it, as for this review I'm happy to hear vapequeen's experience with it.
vape queen asked for a clickable link, chill out

vaperature

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
It looks different than the bacon, but hey, buy it and let me know how it is.
It's just rolled like medical cotton normally is. All you would have to do is unroll it and it would look the same.

Nailz

FUCK the FDA
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
$3.50 to ship cotton that weighs nothing, wow talk about ripping people off, and as vaperature said, if it is pure white then it has been treated with something to get it that way. Seems to me, someone said it was made for vapors, so hiked the price sky high.

I bought a big bag of japanese cotton from amazon for $10, will last me years and works great ;)

vape.queen

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hmmm....now I'm interested in seeing the difference, if there is one, for myself. I'm going to order it, then I will post a new review. Thanks vaperature!

vaperature

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Hmmm....now I'm interested in seeing the difference, if there is one, for myself. I'm going to order it, then I will post a new review. Thanks vaperature!
Lol, you're going to have a shit load of it, please do pif some of it.

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
this is organic, never mind the product, but he describes what organic cotton is: http://femininecare.mercola.com/organic-cotton.aspx
Anything that you get at the drugstore that says sterile I would boil it first! lol :)

I did that early on in my vaping career. After awhile I realized that just by taking it out of the boiling water and laying it on the counter (on paper towels) to dry I had made it unsterile!

CloudyToday

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I did that early on in my vaping career. After awhile I realized that just by taking it out of the boiling water and laying it on the counter (on paper towels) to dry I had made it unsterile!
actually no, you got rid of the chemicals they treat it with to make it sterile :)

vaperature

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years

vaperature

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
yes exactly, my guess is what the "cotton bacon" people have done is boiled it lol :)
Just to be clear my complaint isn't with the product, it's with the price.

CloudyToday

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Just to be clear my complaint isn't with the product, it's with the price.
I understand and I guess I'm one of those people that just wants to know for sure that it is safe, and if they've done the testing on burning it, boiling it, doing a little jig around it, and whatever else they do and slap that sticker on it and say $5.99, then I'm ok with that lol :)

VU Sponsors