Become a Patron!

Review: Cotton Bacon by Wick n' Vape

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I've tried the cotton bacon. Compared to the $9 per 200ct Organic Japanese cotton pads I have, it's subjective. I like the wicking capability of the cotton bacon, but it's not better than the cheap organic pads I use IMO.

I just bought native wicks cotton and it seems to be the same thing as cotton bacon. On YouTube this guy was trying to say that it wasn't really cotton in native wicks but I did some research and it is Pima cotton which is Egyptian cotton that people started growing in the southwest us in the early 1900s. It is describes it just like native wicks and cotton bacon, long fibered cotton. And native wicks says it is grown in Arizona which is the south west so it seems to make sense to me that this is Pima cotton

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    406.2 KB · Views: 27

thewanderernick

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
They probably just bought out an old maxi pad facility and are using those for cotton bacon

Kinghen

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Thanks vapequeen I'm a sucker for great packaging ! Def going to try it out . I have a pack of kohgendo coming hopefully it's better than this rite aide cottonball bs

Vape life

Guys. I just read the whole thread. And I have been using cotton bacon v2 and will not use anything else unless it stands up to the same quality. It holds more juice. It seems to be more heat resistant as you can unsaturate it almost to the point where the wick is dry and not get a burnt hit. Yes of course the flavor goes down at that point. And it lasts forever. I'm not sure how they are doing it. Must be doing something with the strands. But the heat resistance thing gets me. Go ahead order a bag and you will see. Now I've been hearing about this kendo vape cotton. I want to try this. After seeing a few reviews and the reviewers act as though there mind is blown by the performance. But I believe it will be comparable to cotton bacon v2. So basically my point is they are processing it somehow to make it work better whether it's restranding or who knows. Anyways hope this means anything to anyone. Take care and vape on!!!

VapeHogSD

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I've been hearing a lot about kendo vape cotton and I really want to try it. The problem is that I can't find it anywhere. Does anyone know where I can purchase it?

Jimi D

Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Guys. I just read the whole thread. And I have been using cotton bacon v2 and will not use anything else unless it stands up to the same quality. It holds more juice. It seems to be more heat resistant as you can unsaturate it almost to the point where the wick is dry and not get a burnt hit. Yes of course the flavor goes down at that point. And it lasts forever. I'm not sure how they are doing it. Must be doing something with the strands. But the heat resistance thing gets me. Go ahead order a bag and you will see. Now I've been hearing about this kendo vape cotton. I want to try this. After seeing a few reviews and the reviewers act as though there mind is blown by the performance. But I believe it will be comparable to cotton bacon v2. So basically my point is they are processing it somehow to make it work better whether it's restranding or who knows. Anyways hope this means anything to anyone. Take care and vape on!!!
http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/koh-gen...0050569406b5&gclid=CIiYnPbg-sgCFQUGaQodISQBdg

PuffPuffPass

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I've tried the cotton bacon. Compared to the $9 per 200ct Organic Japanese cotton pads I have, it's subjective. I like the wicking capability of the cotton bacon, but it's not better than the cheap organic pads I use IMO.

I just received a free sample of this, and I can say without a doubt. It's nothing more than regular cotton used for cotton balls. A quick side by side of Bacon Bits and unrolled cotton balls (after boiling), and they're identical.

That's my story, I'm sticking to it.

AnthonyMods

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
  • Cotton Bacon is good stuff but if your like me have been building for awhile and basically only use one or two different builds and want to keep it simple it's not for you! With a cotton pad you get used to cutting the amount you need peeling it, fluffing it then using it. While you don't need scissors for cotton bacon it still sucks and has no purpose unless you need to wick your rda on a roller coaster to get a pull before you get off and have to re wick again. It is super inconsistent you can spend hours trying to figure out how much cotton you just ripped off. With pads after you find out how much you need you can cut all of your pads up to the size you need then use it or package it call it cotton chicken and sell 70 cents of cotton for 10$ I.M.O it's not worth the better taste you get off the first two puffs lol and if you build to Vape at high high wattages every cotton breaks down fast so just buy organic cotton from cvs. If you like cotton bacon it's only $4 on elementvape.com and I have wicked 100 3mm dual coil builds on one of the strips they are a lot bigger/thicker than they look whoever said one bag will wick 50 builds must be running 8 ,10mm coils in one build.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    949.2 KB · Views: 21
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    676.7 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I love Cotton Bacon V2 and NW Platinum Blend...I wont use anything else as everything else has a nasty taste at first or a break in or doesnt last very long..Some of the other stuff out there is gag worthy even without dryhits!

They arent the same as other cottons, they dont have a taste like Cotton Balls or Jap Cotton, They are much more absorbent, they are cleaner and whiter then anything else Ive seen and the taste is as clean as the juice itself. It may look similar to something else but until you vape on both after a fresh wick of each you are just speculating...theres a massive difference.

AnthonyMods

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I love Cotton Bacon V2 and NW Platinum Blend...I wont use anything else as everything else has a nasty taste at first or a break in or doesnt last very long..Some of the other stuff out there is gag worthy even without dryhits!

They arent the same as other cottons, they dont have a taste like Cotton Balls or Jap Cotton, They are much more absorbent, they are cleaner and whiter then anything else Ive seen and the taste is as clean as the juice itself. It may look similar to something else but until you vape on both after a fresh wick of each you are just speculating...theres a massive difference.

Placebo effect. Have you heard of it?

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Placebo effect. Have you heard of it?
ITs not when you have them side by side with brand new wicking....theres a distinct difference much like Rayon vs Cotton. I have most types of cottons and Ive used them all, I still have a bag of Jap Squares and Cotton Balls but you can tell when you go to take a draw off them there is a strong taste from them for a good while until it dissipates.

AnthonyMods

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ITs not when you have them side by side with brand new wicking....theres a distinct difference much like Rayon vs Cotton.
I like it for drippers but not rta's as its too inconsistent like working with a cotton ball that rips to easy

Zohmbiebuilds

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
  • Cotton Bacon is good stuff but if your like me have been building for awhile and basically only use one or two different builds and want to keep it simple it's not for you! With a cotton pad you get used to cutting the amount you need peeling it, fluffing it then using it. While you don't need scissors for cotton bacon it still sucks and has no purpose unless you need to wick your rda on a roller coaster to get a pull before you get off and have to re wick again. It is super inconsistent you can spend hours trying to figure out how much cotton you just ripped off. With pads after you find out how much you need you can cut all of your pads up to the size you need then use it or package it call it cotton chicken and sell 70 cents of cotton for 10$ I.M.O it's not worth the better taste you get off the first two puffs lol and if you build to Vape at high high wattages every cotton breaks down fast so just buy organic cotton from cvs. If you like cotton bacon it's only $4 on elementvape.com and I have wicked 100 3mm dual coil builds on one of the strips they are a lot bigger/thicker than they look whoever said one bag will wick 50 builds must be running 8 ,10mm coils in one build.
Brother cotton bacon goes through a washing and purification process and I believe that. I will occasionally try Jap organic pads and I can get over the taste, Wich is rather small honestly but why when I can spend 5 on a pack and I don't care I'm finicky as fuck and am always throwing new shit on together etc. I go through more than most and i haven't used half of one pack.

Opinions are cool tho, and I respect yours and everyone's on here. That's what makes vaping thrive.

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hell I live in the south so I just pick my own. Not really. I use cotton bacon religiously. I recently ordered some off an app called wish. It cost me 3 bucks with shipping. Comes from China so plan ahead but the 10 gram bag was half the price of anywhere else. I still have my back up bag from Walgreens in case.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
On ebay Ive found places that sell it in the USA for 5 bags for $21 shipped, its a dollar more then outside the USA but I get it in 3 days...enough to last 2-3 months for me

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
On ebay Ive found places that sell it in the USA for 5 bags for $21 shipped, its a dollar more then outside the USA but I get it in 3 days...enough to last 2-3 months for me
Very true. I usually buy it on eBay. I just happen to be on that app and thought why not I'm already here. Lol

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

VU Sponsors