Review: Limitless RDTA Box Mod

Would you get this device?

• Total voters

VapingMurse

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hey everyone,

So it finally came in, and holy hell. This device is an amazing 2x18650 200W device. 12.7mL juice well is probably the focal point of this device, but the customization building deck, massive firing button, and the gorgeous, yet simple, OLED screen is perfect. I don't want to take time to do a big tear down, and blah blah blah. There are a million and one reviews on YouTube. I wanted to list my Pros and Cons for everyone since i'm obviously not sponsored by iJoy and paid for this product. I didn't get it for "free" to do this. i'm running this bad boy with the IMC-6 deck, a parallel 24g N80a @ 0.13ohms at 142 watts. Also, just for reference, when wicking this device, use the same length of cotton as you do for the RDTA+. If you all have any questions, I will get back to you as soon as i can.

Pros:
Huge firing button
Recessed firing button (no accidental firing in pocket)
Interchangeable deck styles
Massive juice well
Wide open filling hole
Responsive trigger w/ immediate vapor production
User customization ramp up time
Battery door is secure (doesn't open involuntary)
Ample bonus goodies w/ device
LED light illuminates juice well
Firmware upgradeable

Cons:
This might be something i'm missing, but you cannot lock in your wattage on this device
Device gets a little warm if you chain vape
A touch heavy, but completely expected. Not a con for me, but may be too heavy for others
Orings for the top cap are not very secure. You cannot pick the device up by the top cap, or really anything with it or it'll come off

Vape On!
Murse

Last edited:

Paratech

I forgot
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Only negative I can point out so far is with the Limitless RDTA you can build in it while in a coil master or something but this requires you to build it on the mod due to the way they chose to do the neck/threading.

So far I am liking everything else about it.

This might be something i'm missing, but you cannot lock in your wattage on this device
To set your wattage when in temp mode, click the RIGHT or UP button first, then adjust as desired.
If you hit the LEFT or DOWN button first, it changes temperature.

Paratech

I forgot
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I heard its a leaker
Damn, I must be doing it wrong then.
Laid it on its side for 10 minutes and the damn thing wouldn't leak.
I'll rewick it and try again to see what I am doing wrong causing it to NOT leak.

(just my share of sarcasm for the day, but it isn't leaking)

VapingMurse

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Only negative I can point out so far is with the Limitless RDTA you can build in it while in a coil master or something but this requires you to build it on the mod due to the way they chose to do the neck/threading.

So far I am liking everything else about it.

To set your wattage when in temp mode, click the RIGHT or UP button first, then adjust as desired.
If you hit the LEFT or DOWN button first, it changes temperature.

Thanks man. I don't use temp control. I meant you cannot lock the wattage in VW mode from what I've tried

VapingMurse

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I heard its a leaker

It could be, but there are a lot of variables with this. I've owned the RDTA and RDTA+. Took me a few tries to get the wicking down, and once I did, I never had a leak. I can literally shake this box mod upside down, and not a drop comes out. But, like I said, this depends a ton a how much cotton, what time, how long your legs are, how much you pack it in, how you prime it, and many other things.

Paratech

I forgot
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thanks man. I don't use temp control. I meant you cannot lock the wattage in VW mode from what I've tried
Guess I don't understand what you mean by lock.
Once you set it, it should stay.
Or do you mean lock the buttons?
If that is the case, you're right.
The buttons don't lock unfortunately.

Paratech

I forgot
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So for me personally, the 12.7ml last equal amount of time as a fully charged pair of Samsung 25R using a pair of Alien Claptons using Cotton Bacon (from PureCoils running at .31Ω @ 100 watts. (not that this part matters but it just happened to be 203 puffs)

vapingunknown

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Would this be a decent mod for a beginner trying to learn on to build? Is the tank plastic or glass?

VapingMurse

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Would this be a decent mod for a beginner trying to learn on to build? Is the tank plastic or glass?

It's tough to really say man. Building is about how your wires are, not so much the device. If you already have a device, try normal tank first IMO

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
your better off buying a cheap RDA and a cheap meter 1st. this way if you don't like doing it you didn't waste much money.

sychosis

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have one in the mail right now , is the cap interchangeable with the combo or the classic ? The classic has a much better top shape and I am hoping they are the same

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Paratech

I forgot
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have one in the mail right now , is the cap interchangeable with the combo or the classic ? The classic has a much better top shape and I am hoping they are the same
The Classic and Combo ARE the same cap size so yes, they are inner changeable.
NOT the Plus though.
The Plus cap is just a TINY bit smaller.

Paratech

I forgot
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Since building ON a mod can sometimes be awkward I recommend building on a coil master or similar.
It can be done, but easier to knock the mod over while working on it.

VapingMurse

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Comparing the top cap on the box mod to the RDTA original and plus, this one kicks ass!!!

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Since building ON a mod can sometimes be awkward I recommend building on a coil master or similar.
It can be done, but easier to knock the mod over while working on it.
i never liked building on a mod personally. a tab is so much better. kinda wish i would have ordered a backup one on that crazy sale just in case

jamezcua12

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
c026bb9d3c4fb1acec1715023711f548.jpg
I was about to rebuild my coils and u notice the little plastic on my post burnt wondering if it's safe or okay for me to keep on vaping on it ....?

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
c026bb9d3c4fb1acec1715023711f548.jpg
I was about to rebuild my coils and u notice the little plastic on my post burnt wondering if it's safe or okay for me to keep on vaping on it ....?

That's an INSULATOR, that's normal discoloration

jamezcua12

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
That's an INSULATOR, that's normal discoloration

So it's okay ? This is my 1st. don't really know anything about this. just when i was trying to fix my coils I noticed this.and when i did.. it says to check atty not reading coil?

Anyone know what the wire is in the pre built coils that come with the kit? was interested in trying the temp control but couldnt find any info on it

jamezcua12

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I've never seen that happen.
Were you running it at 96000°F?
The off white color piece is the correct color but that greyish oozing out is a whole other story.
WTF is that?
Lol that what I'm trying to find out its not reading any of my coils

VapingMurse

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Yeah ima have to buy another one

Try unscrewing the 510 pin, separating the positive terminal. Use heat shrink tubing and put a piece horizontally where the old insulation is. Heat the tubing to shrink it to size before cutting. After you cut the piece, put it all back together. Sorry if it doesn't make sense. A little tired this morning.

Vape On!
Murse

jamezcua12

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Try unscrewing the 510 pin, separating the positive terminal. Use heat shrink tubing and put a piece horizontally where the old insulation is. Heat the tubing to shrink it to size before cutting. After you cut the piece, put it all back together. Sorry if it doesn't make sense. A little tired this morning.

Vape On!
Murse
Yeah that sounds like a good idea dissent think of that u don't think it would burn or give me a burn taste?

VapingMurse

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Yeah that sounds like a good idea dissent think of that u don't think it would burn or give me a burn taste?

That part I am not sure of. Now that I think about it, heating up heat shrink tubing and inhaling the fumes might not be healthy. I know the tubing would work to prevent a short, but I am not sure about heating it up. I think this could be carcinogenic and I would NEVER recommend something like that. Just do a little research into this before going at it.
Vape On!
Murse

VU Sponsors