wllmc

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Sponsor
VU Challenge Team
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
@RocketPuppy I made your RY4, and keep a big bottle on hand. I am also in search of a the perfect RY4 blend, I took another twist on your blend and ended up with:

TPA RY4 Double 4%
FA Shade 1%
TPA AP 1%
TPA Dulce De Leche 0.5%
FA Vienna Cream 0.5%
FA Vanilla Bourbon 0.5%
FA Hazelnut 0.5%

It's close to yours and It also fits my pallet, some don't care for Dulce De Leche but at this low percentage it seems to melt in well. Thanks for your recipe and @wllmc for his version as well, which has given more ideas and variations along this line to work with.
dulce is awesome ! nice twist

RocketPuppy

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
@PincheWero hahahahahahaha I want to respond to your post, but your name is too great. Eres Mexicano?

RocketPuppy

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Yeah. Figured you meant guero, but I know a lot of white looking Mexicanos with that nickname, minus the pinche part.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Isn't it awesome?! My first go with RY4 & made especially by hers truly lol.

Sent from my stupid iPhone because I don't have an Android.

Punkinhed

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
is there any tfa flavors i can use in place of the fa to get close to what you have?

RocketPuppy

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
is there any tfa flavors i can use in place of the fa to get close to what you have?
You could easily use any vanilla bourbon or caramel, but I don't know a good replacement for the Vienna Cream. Maybe someone else will chime in.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Some say Bavarian Cream comes close. I haven't used it enough to know, really.

EWS111

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I think Bavarian Cream is a pretty good substitute for Vienna Cream. My experience says you'll have to use about 1.3 times the quantity though!

Zortec2112

Member For 4 Years
A big thank you to RocketPuppy for this recipe!!! I'm new to DIY and this was my 2nd mix (first was White Coconut Cake by Jason - also wonderful!). I'm very pleased with the flavor of this Ry4!! This will certainly become an ADV for me! I think I'm gonna like the world of DIY! Sooner or later I'm going to try creating something from scratch, but I'm trying to get a few recipes under my belt first.
Thanks again!! :)

Daniel

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years

Yes...yes...I know...it's been done so many times. Since I quit smokes, Ry4s are the only flavor combinations I don't get sick of after a few hours, so of course, I'm always on the quest for a great one. Since I started diy, I've easily mixed several hundred different versions of my own and others' recipes, with varying percentages, trying for perfection, and I wish I could say that in sarcasm. This one is indistinguishable from all the rest out there, but it just had something that clicked with my palette. This is almost identical to @wllmc's Ry4.

Click the pretty green for where to buy

5% ........
Perfumers Apprentice - RY4 Double Flavor
0.5%......Perfumers Apprentice - Acetyl Pyrazine 5% PG
0.5% .....FlavourArt - Vanilla Bourbon
0.5% .....FlavourArt - Vienna Cream
0.5% .....FlavourArt - Caramel

For other flavor suppliers beyond what is linked above, click HERE.

Rocket, I have made about 3 batches of your RY4 Double now, and needless to say, it is my MAIN ADV now. That and Grant's Custard clone. I just made a 60ml bottle of the RY4 Double last nite, so that should last me a few days. I do, however have 1 question, & that is, could the RY4D be increased in strength, and not adversely affect the flavor? I've always been a flavor junkie since I started vaping, and I recently went soley into drippers, namely, a Vulcan dripper. Even bought one just for the custard blend.

I still have 1 Taifun & 1 Kayfun I use, but they don't even come close to the satisfaction I get from the Vulcan. If I increase the RY4 Double flavor to say...8%, should I also increase the other flavors as well? I find that the taste & flavor I get from your blend if just awesome, so hence the question, can I increase it without screwing it up? I'm grateful for any advice you might offer....:)

RocketPuppy

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
You can absolutely increase it without detriment. I can play with it tonight if you don't mind waiting.

RocketPuppy

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Thank you so much for the positive feedback!!! You guys have made my day, especially after dealing with 180 teenagers.

Zortec2112

Member For 4 Years
Thank you so much for the positive feedback!!! You guys have made my day, especially after dealing with 180 teenagers.

After mixing this recipe up and trying it, that made my day as well! It might not make my local vape shop's day though! :). But seriously, thank you for sharing this wonderful recipe. I am grateful for the time and effort that you & many of the members put into this forum, and the least I can do is drop a few quick lines to express my gratitude for sharing!

Laughmore

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
For years I've had a vial of TPA RY4 Type 1 swimming around my flavor box and I thought it was the RY4 everybody liked... lol. My palate is finally getting with the program. The ingredient list looks exciting, my test mix is aging for 3 days now. This is my first bout with TPA RY4 double... so late to the party!

For my own education I'm tasting this daily to observe the RY4.

Last edited:

Daniel

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
You can absolutely increase it without detriment. I can play with it tonight if you don't mind waiting.
I would be so grateful, and no, I would have no problem waiting...got enough to keep me busy tonite, so no problem. But it IS damn wonderful recipe, and I enjoy it so much!!

RocketPuppy

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
For years I've had a vial of TPA RY4 Type 1 swimming around my flavor box and I thought it was the RY4 everybody liked... lol. My palate is finally getting with the program. The ingredient list looks exciting, my test mix is aging for 3 days now. This is my first bout with TPA RY4 double... so late to the party!

For my own education I'm tasting this daily to observe the RY4.
Some people like it right away. I let it sit for a week to three, but when I've forgotten to make more, I happily vape it fresh. Oh...and welcome to the party!!! Who's bringing @Cramptholomew's coconut cake?

RocketPuppy

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
After mixing this recipe up and trying it, that made my day as well! It might not make my local vape shop's day though! :). But seriously, thank you for sharing this wonderful recipe. I am grateful for the time and effort that you & many of the members put into this forum, and the least I can do is drop a few quick lines to express my gratitude for sharing!
I wish I had more success stories. Sadly, most of mine are not wonderful... or even close. I'm grateful too for all the other shared recipes here, and thank you for the gratitude. =)

Laughmore

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Some people like it right away ... Who's bringing @Cramptholomew's coconut cake?
I tasted licorice fresh which is ok with me but I'd rather have less so it's on the shelf for a while.

As for Jason's cake, I mixed up 30ml of that 2 days ago. cap's VCv2 has always tasted weird to me, there's a chance I've never let it steep properly. That one's so popular and my tastes might have a blind spot so I won't judge it until after a month - I really want to taste what everyone likes about VCv2. Sorry to derail, I need somewhere to rant about that flavor, bought 30ml and still trying to like it, down to less than 10.

Last edited:

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I tasted licorice fresh which is ok with me but I'd rather have less so it's on the shelf for a while.

As for Jason's cake, I mixed up 30ml of that 2 days ago. cap's VCv2 has always tasted weird to me, there's a chance I've never let it steep properly. That one's so popular and my tastes might have a blind spot so I won't judge it until after a month - I really want to taste what everyone likes about VCv2. Sorry to derail, I need somewhere to rant about that flavor, bought 30ml and still trying to like it, down to less than 10.

Did you use the V1 previously? I'm absolutely in love with Jason's recipe - I make 4 ounces at a time - but I put it in the crockpot for at least 4 hours (last time I forgot it and left it overnight - it's amazing!). And even then it continues to improve!

Laughmore

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Did you use the V1 previously? I'm absolutely in love with Jason's recipe - I make 4 ounces at a time - but I put it in the crockpot for at least 4 hours (last time I forgot it and left it overnight - it's amazing!). And even then it continues to improve!

This is last I'll mention it before starting a thread because if if this steep doesn't work, my conflict with VCv2 is unique to my tast-buds. If it's great, I just haven't been aging long enough for my taste. Crockpot @ 160 for 4 hours AND 1 week on the shelf diminished the medicine isle effect I get by maybe 10%. My VCv2 were in Capella 13ml original packaging from ECX from September of last year. I bought 2 at the time and the second I'm on tastes like the first. French Vanilla v2 and Vanilla Cupcake by cap have similar funks but are less stubborn. No experience with VCv1, and I haven't tasted the White Coconut recipe yet because it smells like what I've been trying to avoid after only crockpot and 2 days.

If it's great in a month I'll be fist-pumping, otherwise I'll be posting about my probably weird taste-buds' perception of VCv2 or maybe all Cap Vanillas.

Last edited:

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Many Cap vanilla flavors, including the custard, have that weird taste that you either love or hate. However, I used to love it - then I went for several months when it just reminded me of barf....and now I love it again. Weird, huh? So, if you're getting that barfy smell/taste, just don't use it for now. But you may come to love it later. Makes absolutely no sense to me!

Laughmore

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
@RocketPuppy ok lol here goes

VCv2 to me tastes like cough syrup and clay. Aged for a week in very familiar mixes - desserts, fruits, tobaccos - it takes a slice out of the body and replaces it with a subtle but distinct dryness. That sensory effect does kind of remind me of the texture of cold custard however, and the effect provided is delivered consistently w/e the %. If I try to ignore and "vape though" the Nyquil/cough-drop notes I get, I find myself kind of nodding and saying "I think I get it," but I don't enjoy it when I listen to my tongue.

Ironically, the recipe I tried that was the most palatable was the popular Skwoddy's Ambrosia recipe - 25% VCv2, 4-5% EM. WTF?!?! why doesn't this taste as horrible as 5-15% to me? Is there some psycho-olfactory force at play that's keeping my brain from registering my sensory information as "custard" (or at least "not horrible")? It's possible for me (and some others) there's a weird threshold of palatability. While I'd like to find it for the sake of ... science ... I don't really know what I've been missing, and VCv2 has had more meh mixes at my table than any other flavor, so my motivation is running out.

French Vanilla v2 by Cap smells the same out of the bottle. There's a vanilla funk that translates to medicine for me, but without the clay. TPA FV at least tastes and smells like the product description.

Vanilla Cupcake by Cap. Standard capella vanilla funk but the cake ... haha. Imagine the taste of awesome cupcake... batter. Tastes raw. Then take that difference in taste between cooked and raw, and double it somehow. Maybe some AP to help the weird virgin taste? Other notes in it are stellar but dammit. Before dumping a mix of this, I discovered I could at least breath off what I don't like about the vanilla in this one but at the expense of the other flavors.

If there was an "American" version of FA custard with vanilla instead of citrus, I'd have no reason to keep trying to make VCv2 work. The only reason to buy Cap vanillas is if you don't know about FA, as I only discovered weeks ago.

I want to discover more about my tastes so I can know when a popular recipe won't work for me.

Last edited:

RocketPuppy

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I love it!!! When did you start mixing?

Laughmore

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'll bet no diy'er has mixed as long with so few shareable recipes haha - 2012. I was one-stop-shopping at a vendor that labelled all flavors as house, and it was a mix of TPA, LA, FW - I'm not sure what I was tasting for a year and a half. That vendor stopped selling any juice or mixing supplies, and so I "started over" taking shots in the dark with cap, FW, and TPA,, basically vaping crappy juice often. A previous 1:1 DDC/Granny Apple was so good, my successive mixes used (too) broad strokes with %'s

I have one recipe I'd like to resurrect but idk what this flavor is: "Marlbaro Tobacco Flavor Concentrate, FLAV-MARL-TOB" from my WL invoice feb 2012... also who made Jamie's Select's (when it existed) "Dulce de Leche." Since I'd never had an RY4 I liked, I made one from scratch based on people's descriptions of their favorites. And used random house brand flavors that I had grown to know well, so the result was no accident - I was kinda proud of it. Ended up a blonde desert almond-caramel-redtobacco that was mostly my ADV for a year or so. Friend's GF said the vapor trail smelled like cupcakes. Tastes change, who knows if I'd like it now...

FA is more fun imo. I haven't felt the urge to chase it down those flavors. Can't shuddup sometimes!

Last edited:

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
@Laughmore, I had the best time reading all this!! I really enjoy your descriptions, even though it's something you weren't crazy about. I can only imagine the type of reviews you'll have for the ones you truly enjoy.

I'll tell you, my experience with VCv2 isn't quite favorable, either. I can tolerate V1, but in MUCH smaller % than most people are using, but it does make me cough and feel congested pretty quickly. I do like Cramptholomew's Coconut Cake, but I'm not able to vape it frequently because of the cough/congested feeling. It's really yummy. I did make it with V1. With V2, I couldn't hang, not because of the recipe, because of the v2 taste.

Apologies for the temporary hijack RocketPup. You KNOW how much I love your RY4 recipe. It's seriously AWEsome good stuff.

RocketPuppy

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
No apologies! I like the hijacking. I also love Laughmore's diy adventures. You ought to write a novel. Your story seems similar to mine. Laughmore...you're name is appropriate.

Laughmore

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Part of my mis-guidance, avoidable vape-tongue, and wasted money came from an attitude that took me a step away from mixing sensibly - that 1:1 DDC/Granny Smith (which is likely TPA) I liked so much. In 2012 when vaping was even more mysterious, the average IQ of a B&M was even lower, but I didn't really know with maybe 10 mixes under my belt. An employee loved and asked to buy a bunch of juice and the owner got all excited about me being the new house mixing guy. I thought I was a genius from a 1:1 mix. SMH. SMH some more.

"His guy" that was supposed to get back to me never did and I'm glad because I didn't know shit!!!

Last edited:

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Oh, yeah - that coughing thing (which I entirely forgot to mention, probably because I'm in denial...). Yup, the V1 does that to me too (I'm not the only one?). But, as I say, I try to ignore it:eek:

Laughmore

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I vaped almost 12 ml of this yesterday. Thank you for the recipe. At day 4-5, any licorice note for me was so far in the background (but contributes I think to it's dark body), my palate was like, GREEN LIGHT. I think the profile continued to improve until the bottle was empty - any last edge of brown sugar was balanced by the last ml end of day 5.

Second mix will tell if it was changing as much as I think or if I just acquired a taste for it and started noticing lots of new thing to me...Gonna have to make way more and be patient.

Last edited:

Laughmore

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Shameless bump because the updated recipe (top3 for me already) is better shake and vape than before. I add 0.5% Toasted Almond, and carve out a bit of AP to compensate... I totally concur with the adjustment. cheers *toot*

Last edited:

newyork13

Bronze Contributor
Member For 5 Years
A bit off topic, but hey I didn't start it, is the coughing thing which Huckleberried and AmandaD mentioned above.
I've been having issues for a few months now with premade juices, and have tried to isolate the cause, to no avail.
Heavy VG certainly does it. But, it's really juice specific: some 50/50 do and some don't.
And most curiously, to me at least, is that I would vape my favorites for weeks without issue, and then suddenly what was a favorite suddenly became irritating and made me cough.
So, I've come to the conclusion that it's specific ingredients.
Has anyone figured themselves out? Or are there any threads anyone aware of discussing sensitivities?

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
For me, I think I've concluded it to be custard notes in a flavor. Or full on diacetyl, lol, which... are not in this recipe :) It's a YUM-MEE one.

JXN

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I would think the same juice, okay for weeks, suddenly changing would have more to do with your wick or coil. Look for what's changing not what is staying the same.

newyork13

Bronze Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I would think the same juice, okay for weeks, suddenly changing would have more to do with your wick or coil. Look for what's changing not what is staying the same.
Those are wise words. But, I don't think it's the gear. I think what's changing is my body's "reaction" to the juice. I'll keep trying to isolate the cause, cause it's bugging me.

newyork13

Bronze Contributor
Member For 5 Years
For me, I think I've concluded it to be custard notes in a flavor. Or full on diacetyl, lol, which... are not in this recipe :) It's a YUM-MEE one.
Yes.
For me, mints and cinnamons are out.
I'm not convinced that what's good to put into my belly is good to put into my lungs and nose. At least, not in the same volume as vaping results in.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Those are wise words. But, I don't think it's the gear. I think what's changing is my body's "reaction" to the juice. I'll keep trying to isolate the cause, cause it's bugging me.
I developed a sensitivity to high VG. Could it be either VG or PG? Maybe we already covered that. High VG makes my chest tight and I cough a lot. Usually for people, its the opposite if they're sensitive to one over the other.

newyork13

Bronze Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I developed a sensitivity to high VG. Could it be either VG or PG? Maybe we already covered that. High VG makes my chest tight and I cough a lot. Usually for people, its the opposite if they're sensitive to one over the other.
Yes, same for me re the VG. I haven't noticed chest tightness, but definitely the cough. I experimented with straight VG, and wowee, bad.

gryffandor

Member For 4 Years
Thanks for this great recipe, it was good on day 1 & now great on day 4. To me it tastes like a combo of my 2 favorite tobacco blends, RY4 & 555. I've already gone through 7 ml so I'm getting ready to mix a 30ml batch tomorrow. That should last me a week.

Daniel

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I'm pissed! :mad: . Got a damn headcold from this changing weather crap up here in Ohio, & my taste buds & smell abilities are shot to shit right now. And I just mixed another 120 ml of Rocket Puppy's RY4 Double.....:( Taking meds like candy, trying to get rid of it, but a cold never goes away fast enough...I'm still vaping though, hoping some of the flavor and smell will come through....:confused:

VU Sponsors