RocketPuppy's Ry4

RocketPuppy

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
It is quite annoying that colds take away some ability to taste/smell. I ended up vaping unflavored, but I have no plans on getting another cold, ever.

newyork13

Bronze Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I'm pissed! :mad: . Got a damn headcold from this changing weather crap up here in Ohio, & my taste buds & smell abilities are shot to shit right now. And I just mixed another 120 ml of Rocket Puppy's RY4 Double.....:( Taking meds like candy, trying to get rid of it, but a cold never goes away fast enough...I'm still vaping though, hoping some of the flavor and smell will come through....:confused:
I like this. No, sorry, not your cold. Just the fact that we can use those emotive words without getting bleeped, as opposed to another place I've spent time at.

Quick question Rocket? I'm new to DIY, what PG/VG ratio do you feel give this the best flavor? Or what do you mix at?

I'll be vaping on a sub ohm at 6 mg nic

Cant wait to give it a shot!

Thanks,

RocketPuppy

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Quick question Rocket? I'm new to DIY, what PG/VG ratio do you feel give this the best flavor? Or what do you mix at?

I'll be vaping on a sub ohm at 6 mg nic

Cant wait to give it a shot!

Thanks,
I generally use 70/30, but I've also tried it at 40/60 and it was equally as good. I hope you enjoy it.

Yooperdad

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
@RocketPuppy I made your RY4, and keep a big bottle on hand. I am also in search of a the perfect RY4 blend, I took another twist on your blend and ended up with:

TPA RY4 Double 4%
FA Shade 1%
TPA AP 1%
TPA Dulce De Leche 0.5%
FA Vienna Cream 0.5%
FA Vanilla Bourbon 0.5%
FA Hazelnut 0.5%

It's close to yours and It also fits my pallet, some don't care for Dulce De Leche but at this low percentage it seems to melt in well. Thanks for your recipe and @wllmc for his version as well, which has given more ideas and variations along this line to work with.

Thanks for the recipe. I mixed this a few weeks ago but didn't have the Shade, so made it without. Tried it and it was delicious. Then I added the Shade which I had ordered. I didn't think 1% would be so noticeable, but it is. Think I'll make another batch and leave out the Shade, and it will be a toss up whether I vape it or Rocket Puppy's RY4 which has been my favorite for the last year. Thanks again.

PincheWero

Member For 4 Years
Thanks for the recipe. I mixed this a few weeks ago but didn't have the Shade, so made it without. Tried it and it was delicious. Then I added the Shade which I had ordered. I didn't think 1% would be so noticeable, but it is. Think I'll make another batch and leave out the Shade, and it will be a toss up whether I vape it or Rocket Puppy's RY4 which has been my favorite for the last year. Thanks again.
Glad you liked it. I keep both and vape on them as well as @wllmc version. I love me some ry4 and always working on new twists.

Pauly Walnuts

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years

Yes...yes...I know...it's been done so many times. Since I quit smokes, Ry4s are the only flavor combinations I don't get sick of after a few hours, so of course, I'm always on the quest for a great one. Since I started diy, I've easily mixed several hundred different versions of my own and others' recipes, with varying percentages, trying for perfection, and I wish I could say that in sarcasm. This one is indistinguishable from all the rest out there, but it just had something that clicked with my palette. This is almost identical to @wllmc's Ry4.

Click the pretty green for where to buy

5% ........
Perfumers Apprentice - RY4 Double Flavor
0.2%......Perfumers Apprentice - Acetyl Pyrazine 5% PG
0.5% .....FlavourArt - Vanilla Bourbon
0.5% .....FlavourArt - Vienna Cream
0.5% .....FlavourArt - Caramel

For other flavor suppliers beyond what is linked above, click HERE.
Hooray! My order comes in on friday and I get to make this!! Well mostly, Ill be substituting fa butterscotch for caramel.

RocketPuppy

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I can't imagine it needing anything more than one or two stamps. Pm me if interested. People have always been extremely generous to me, so I'd be happy to share.

First Off! Thanks RocketPuppy Great Job. I made up a 30 ml batch of 60/40 and its great. But like Daniel, I too would like it a little stronger in flavor over all.
Do you think this would keep the same flavor profile? I have increased it by 60% and changing to a 50/50 mix.@ .5 ohms 6 mg nic.

RY4 Double 8%
Acetyl Pyrazine .32%
Vanilla Bourbon .8%
Vienna Cream .8%
Caramel .8%

RocketPuppy

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
@E-Smokeater - very happy that you're enjoying it. The numbers look good to me. I'm fairly certain that any mix with the above will be great...well...not with too much AP. Otherwise, you can't go wrong. Add a little Vanilla Classic, and it will be even better.

Yooperdad

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
RocketPuppy, you know I love your RY4 recipe. But I'm playing with it and have now upped the RY4D to 10% and kept the other ingredients the same. Wow! And the next experiment is the addition of FW White Chocolate at 4%. Just made it this morning and tried it already.....seems very promising. I'll report back after a week or so steep.

RocketPuppy

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
RocketPuppy, you know I love your RY4 recipe. But I'm playing with it and have now upped the RY4D to 10% and kept the other ingredients the same. Wow! And the next experiment is the addition of FW White Chocolate at 4%. Just made it this morning and tried it already.....seems very promising. I'll report back after a week or so steep.
You never need to feel bad about making something better. I'm thrilled it's a Wow now =)

Yooperdad

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Forget this modification. The White Choc hides the excellent flavor of the original recipe, and does not add enough unique flavor to make it a good recipe. RocketPuppies RY4 is still sweet.

Dan Knight

Member For 4 Years
I mixed up another 100 ml of this a couple of days ago.

Have I mentioned before this how much I love this juice? It has earned it's permanent home in my Sumpin' (the one on the left in the picture <----).

RocketPuppy

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I'm impressed. That's a purdy Sumpin'

Laughmore

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
RPRY4 is kind enough to work as a base. I have a tray of standalone fruit mixes that I spike dessert/tobby vapes with in my atty - loving a few drops of Blueberry Extra TPA in it. BBX is simple and sits in the middle of the mix easy, and the RPRY4 is like a warm brown fuzzy blanket, embracing the bullish berry candy. No competition with the "peripheral" notes (BBX has few). When I get around to mixing RPRY4 with fruit from scratch and find a working %, I'll post.

Last edited:

Yooperdad

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I mixed up another 100 ml of this a couple of days ago.

Have I mentioned before this how much I love this juice? It has earned it's permanent home in my Sumpin' (the one on the left in the picture <----).

I share your appreciation for RPRY4.......neat way to shorten the name :)

Laughmore

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well I've blown through 150 ml of you awesome mix that I up'd just a bit. Time to reorder supplies ! It's my ADV. Thanks again, Ill be sticking with this until I find another killer juice .
Heeeey just curious since you've been vaping this a while it seems, do you prefer the original 0.5% AP or the updated 0.2%?

Heeeey just curious since you've been vaping this a while it seems, do you prefer the original 0.5% AP or the updated 0.2%?
Here is the last batch I mixed up and I love it. Just right for me, Vaping DNA40 nickel build at .15 ohm 440F 24 watts in a subtank mini.

Nic 6%
PG 50%
VG 50%
RY4 Double 8%
Acetyl Pyrazine .32%
Vanilla Bourbon .8%
Vienna Cream .8%
Caramel .8%

RocketPuppy

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Here is the last batch I mixed up and I love it. Just right for me, Vaping DNA40 nickel build at .15 ohm 440F 24 watts in a subtank mini.

Nic 6%
PG 50%
VG 50%
RY4 Double 8%
Acetyl Pyrazine .32%
Vanilla Bourbon .8%
Vienna Cream .8%
Caramel .8%
Happy those numbers worked out.

BuddJohnson

Member For 4 Years
A hybrid from the two recipes of Rocket and Pinche on page 1 of this thread.
A very nice RY4 with a mild nutty exhale. I had failed on numerous earlier tries at a nutty RY and gave up on it a half year ago, but this is a winner!
Just had to chime in on this one, it is sooo good, yummmms.
Thanks for the inspiration guys!

RY4 Nut Cream

40/60
6mg nic
Distilled water - 4.0%

RY4 Double - TFA - 5.0%
Vienna Cream - FA - 0.5%
Vanilla Bourbon - FA - 0.5%
Dulce de Leche - TFA - 0.5%
Acetyl Pyrazine - TFA - 1.5%
Hazelnut - FA - 0.5%

I might experiment with my next batch, upping the nut by using AP - 2.25% and Hazelnut - 0.75%, but it is very good as is, no need to change a thing.
I let it age for 3 weeks with 30% air in the bottle, exchanging the air and shaking once a week, as I do with all my RYs.

GL
Vape on....

3amvDnt.jpg

PincheWero

Member For 4 Years
A hybrid from the two recipes of Rocket and Pinche on page 1 of this thread.
A very nice RY4 with a mild nutty exhale. I had failed on numerous earlier tries at a nutty RY and gave up on it a half year ago, but this is a winner!
Just had to chime in on this one, it is sooo good, yummmms.
Thanks for the inspiration guys!

RY4 Nut Cream

40/60
6mg nic
Distilled water - 4.0%

RY4 Double - TFA - 5.0%
Vienna Cream - FA - 0.5%
Vanilla Bourbon - FA - 0.5%
Dulce de Leche - TFA - 0.5%
Acetyl Pyrazine - TFA - 1.5%
Hazelnut - FA - 0.5%

I might experiment with my next batch, upping the nut by using AP - 2.25% and Hazelnut - 0.75%, but it is very good as is, no need to change a thing.
I let it age for 3 weeks with 30% air in the bottle, exchanging the air and shaking once a week, as I do with all my RYs.

GL
Vape on....
Looks like a winner to me, RY4's are the one thing that keeps me off cigs. I love other vapes, but it's the ry4 tobacco's that seem to keep me "clean". I'll mix a batch of this up next time I mix probably monday (waiting on AP now).

Laughmore

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I sometimes wonder about using regular TPA RY4 (described as the same tobacco, without emphasis on the caramel) and rebuilding it with FA sugars - caramel, butterscotch, marshmallow, cookie...

PincheWero

Member For 4 Years
I sometimes wonder about using regular TPA RY4 (described as the same tobacco, without emphasis on the caramel) and rebuilding it with FA sugars - caramel, butterscotch, marshmallow, cookie...

I tried a couple of small batches with regular TFA RY4. Actually I have a tester batches (RY4 and RY4D) that should be ready next weekend I used marshmallow, coconut, cookie, and catalan cream for a desert style RY4.

Budds

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
TFA RY4 and RY4 Dble have completely different flavor profiles IMHO.
RY4 is very floral with zero caramel / vanilla..... a really different taste ! ( needs alot of something else, cant do stand alone )

PincheWero

Member For 4 Years
TFA RY4 and RY4 Dble have completely different flavor profiles IMHO.
RY4 is very floral with zero caramel / vanilla..... a really different taste ! ( needs alot of something else, cant do stand alone )

I agree with you totally, but I have some success with RY4 in desert tobacco blends, where I am looking to add vanilla and caramel (Catalan cream for one, dulce de leche for another) notes in a different range or substitute fruits for creamy vape as in coconut. Of course all is subjective to personal pallet. But I do mix majority in RY4D or both in 3ml test. At least now I vape more than I dump! thanks to many members and hours of reading.

dave/jayce

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
im a huge dry4 fan, vape all day everyday, i highly recommend tryn mj4 from mamaj's....
i will making some of that nut cream above tonight....

Laughmore

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I enjoy the MJ4 but prefer the deeper notes in RY4D, MJ4 is a good candy ry4 with a sweet base but my jungle fever runs deep

nodor

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Figured I should mix up a batch of Rocketpuppys ry4 as I haven't had any homemade. Used to buy Ry4 and enjoyed it alot. Question is the ry4 flavoring I bought a while back and forgot about it. It is RY4 Super concentrated by TFA. Would this be useable and a percentage to use would be nice to know.
Thanks.

Zortec2112

Member For 4 Years
T
Figured I should mix up a batch of Rocketpuppys ry4 as I haven't had any homemade. Used to buy Ry4 and enjoyed it alot. Question is the ry4 flavoring I bought a while back and forgot about it. It is RY4 Super concentrated by TFA. Would this be useable and a percentage to use would be nice to know.
Thanks.

I can't imagine that any harm would come by mixing a small batch if you wanted to test it. Over time flavorings may lose some potency, but that's about it. Make sure you shake it up really well before using it (which you should do anyway). TFA's RY4 isn't super concentrated, but you can always start at 1/2 the amount of RY4 in the recipe and work up from there. Maybe make a 3 - 5mL bottle first, if it seems to taste "off" then you haven't wasted very much of the other ingredients.

Just so you know, this recipe does have some floral notes - it isn't the RY4 that many vendors out there make, which are loaded with caramel & vanilla. That's one of the reasons I love this recipe so much!

nodor

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
@Zortec2112 Thanks for the reply. I just mixed up 30ml cutting ry4 I had to 2.5% . Was good. Bumped it to 3.5% and this is definately an ADV for me. Will definately be mixing this up regularly. I have a 4oz bottle of TFA cowboy blend that I got when I decided to start DIY. Tried it solo at varying % but gave up. Think I might have to revisit it and see what I can come up with.

Zortec2112

Member For 4 Years
@Zortec2112 Thanks for the reply. I just mixed up 30ml cutting ry4 I had to 2.5% . Was good. Bumped it to 3.5% and this is definately an ADV for me. Will definately be mixing this up regularly. I have a 4oz bottle of TFA cowboy blend that I got when I decided to start DIY. Tried it solo at varying % but gave up. Think I might have to revisit it and see what I can come up with.

I'm glad it worked out for you! RocketPuppy is amazing, and so is her recipe! Aside from RY4 I'm not much of a tobacco fan, so I can't give you much help with the TFA Cowboy. Since you have 4oz, it's worth playing with in attempt to use it up. Maybe mix in some bourbon and /or some vanilla (like FA Catalan Cream).

Laughmore

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
favorite nut and/or vanilla @ 1/2 standalone % total
favorite caramel @ 1/2 standalone %
bold TPA tobacco @ 3-5 drops per 15ml
hot bath and shake, 3+ days steep

template has tasty results as a ry4 converter with m-type and 555, may work for cowboy, GL

ABOUT RPRY4 THOUGH, I like how it's mellow, balanced flavor leverages VG to it's advantage in a maxVG mix. As I build lower, and as the clouds increase, RPRY4 hugs the VG sweet taste really well... very heat resistant.

Last edited:

Heabob

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Finally got some TFA RY4D to make this as so many ppl have raved about it.
Opened the bottle and the smell reminded me of Brown Sugar, at least that's what popped in my brain.
Only used .1% AP tho, too scared, (I open the bottle and smell Fritos for a week:D).
I taste more sweet than tobacco, and totally different from the plain RY4.
First batch steeping...

Laughmore

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
When there's caramel at play, AP acts as the other half of candy though! I started this recipe at .5% which gave the sweet qualities a lot of character, personally I wouldn't go much less than half that (my favorite is .35%), it really makes this "RPRY4D" in my mind. With the AP, a 5 day steep is especially rewarding in max/high VG

Just wanting to say a quick thank you to RP for this recipe, a web search for RY4 led me to this thread - and off the deep end into DIY. On second thought, maybe I should be saying "Thanks." while holding a sarcasm sign....... :D

RocketPuppy

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Just wanting to say a quick thank you to RP for this recipe, a web search for RY4 led me to this thread - and off the deep end into DIY. On second thought, maybe I should be saying "Thanks." while holding a sarcasm sign....... :D
Did you make it yet?

Heabob

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Trying this out today and finding it quite pleasant.

Hard for my brain to register the flavors as the only one I can pick out is a hint of Caramel.

Next batch I'll get brave and try .2% AP instead of .1%:D.

Snowy

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Hi Rocket,

I've got all the ingredients, but not FA Vanilla Bourbon. Instead i've got FA Vanilla Classic, INW Vanilla Classic and INW Vanilla Thaiti.
Do you think i can substitue with any of those? :)

RocketPuppy

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Hi Rocket,

I've got all the ingredients, but not FA Vanilla Bourbon. Instead i've got FA Vanilla Classic, INW Vanilla Classic and INW Vanilla Thaiti.
Do you think i can substitue with any of those? :)
Any of the vanillas would be great. Try the FA Classic one first. I think it's delicious.

VU Sponsors