Become a Patron!

RTA larger than Mod Base

ryuk177

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hello guys, I have Evic VTWO mod by Joytech and currently using their ego one mega tank which has a 22 mm base and fits perfectly on the mod. I am thinking about purchasing a Kylin RTA (24 mm base) or Ammit 25 (25 mm base) so both are larger than the mod base, do you think it will look weird or wouldn't be that much of an issue? Also which one of these RTAs do you think is better?

Paratech

I forgot
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hello guys, I have Evic VTWO mod by Joytech and currently using their ego one mega tank which has a 22 mm base and fits perfectly on the mod. I am thinking about purchasing a Kylin RTA (24 mm base) or Ammit 25 (25 mm base) so both are larger than the mod base, do you think it will look weird or wouldn't be that much of an issue? Also which one of these RTAs do you think is better?

Looks and likes are personal opinion.
If you aren't bothered by the overhang, enjoy it.
As for what RTA is better, again that will be very subjective.
Myself I like the Kylin but it seems many haven't cared for it.
The only important choice is yours in this matter.
Use what you like and enjoy it.

Heartsdelight

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
the Kylin is a dual coil & the Ammit 25 single coil. I don’t have the Kylin but have heard it’s very airy & they did have serious leaking issues. Some were lucky & never had an issue. Tons were sent replacement decks.
I have the Ammit 25 it’s single coil the airflow is lung hit slightly restricted with airflow control opened halfway.
They will have a slight overhang on your mod but if you’re not ocd about it, it will work.

Synphul

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It will be somewhat noticeable. Depending how you hold your mod you may feel it. I don't like overhang but that's me personally. It won't be massive though like so topheavy you can't set it down.

expat42451

Member For 4 Years
Kylin is airy and a good flavor tank. I only occasionally use mine because of the leaks. Have been through numerous exercises on wicking (had it for 3 months), tightening the 510, replacing o rings, disassembling the deck and cleaning the insulator under the positive clamp and nothing fixes it. I believe the leak is due to the rotary joint that controls juice flow......it does not appear to be in the air path. Again great flavor tank but I could not recommend this to anyone unless you dont mind vaping with a napkin always handy. I had the Ammit dual, same problem, exchanged it for the Kylin. I run the Kylin on the Wismec Gen 3 so with this massive mod there isnt any overhang but it (for me at least) only gets used at home. Rebuilding and wicking the Kylin is very straightforward but I do not like the leaks. If you go this route hopefully you will get one of the good ones. Good luck.

VU Sponsors