Member For 1 Year
I can't figure out how to start a thread of my very own lol.. I feel silly

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I can't figure out how to start a thread of my very own lol.. I feel silly
Choose the area where you'd like your post to be. Then near the top right corner, you'll see "Post New Thread", click on that, start typing, then again at the bottom, you'll see "create" post or thread, can't remember which. Click on that, then you're done :)

VapeTechnologies

VapeTechnologies LLC Advanced Custom Boxes
VU Donator
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Unlisted Vendor
for more
I can respect that vaporJoes doesn't want it on here so I will shut up about it but I did want to educate the community about the legality and uses for this. Thats my 2 cents.
hope I did not offend anyone.

This was a general "rule" throughout the entire vape community that drove me absolutely f'n NUTS for a long time, until I understood why.

See, the media and governing entities are working real hard to ban vaping altogether because the ruling class is seeing tremendous profit losses with the vast majority of people that have been able to quit smoking cigarettes. And that's a number that grows on a daily basis. Look up "tobacco bonds" for more info on that aspect. The government looked at tobacco taxes as a "guaranteed income" for many years to come because they know damn well that most people can't and won't quit smoking. Some pretty relevant and major deals throughout the economy were backed on these "tobacco bonds". But then, vaping came out of the woodwork and now they are scared to death.

I know that you, me, and a good handful of people here know the real story behind things and the truth about this stuff being safer than alcohol and having zero deaths contributed to it throughout the history of mankind, but a good percentage of the general public are misguided and programmed to believe it's a bad thing. But that's a whole 'nother story that has a lot to do with money and politics, and very similar tactics used in the war on vaping, ie: misinformation, propaganda, and fear mongering, LIES.

Now let me just say that I've been heavily involved with activism over the past 10+ years. I've changed a lot of minds and put in a LOT of work on behalf of the movement, but we NEED to respect this rule. WHY? Because it adds fuel to the fire. It gives the media more ammo and more reasons to give the "sheeple" altered perspectives and biased opinions about vaping. And until vaping has secured it's spot in the economy, we're really treading on thin ice here, so it's more important now than ever to keep the image squeaky clean as long as we're under the magnifying glass and taking the punches.

It's really sad to think about the advancements and breakthrough technologies we could manifest in these forums with networking and knowledge sharing because there's no doubt in my mind that it would amount to many lives being saved, but this is just one of those instances where we need to bite the bullet and "understand" the meaning behind this notion.

Mods, I tried very hard to word this as best as I could while keeping it as safe, but this is a very common question a lot of new vapers just don't understand and I hope it clears things up for them, which in turn will result in less controversy on the topic.

1V6V3.jpg
Good job on the set up rules.

DevAuto

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Vape Media
for more

This was a general "rule" throughout the entire vape community that drove me absolutely f'n NUTS for a long time, until I understood why.

See, the media and governing entities are working real hard to ban vaping altogether because the ruling class is seeing tremendous profit losses with the vast majority of people that have been able to quit smoking cigarettes. And that's a number that grows on a daily basis. Look up "tobacco bonds" for more info on that aspect. The government looked at tobacco taxes as a "guaranteed income" for many years to come because they know damn well that most people can't and won't quit smoking. Some pretty relevant and major deals throughout the economy were backed on these "tobacco bonds". But then, vaping came out of the woodwork and now they are scared to death.

I know that you, me, and a good handful of people here know the real story behind things and the truth about this stuff being safer than alcohol and having zero deaths contributed to it throughout the history of mankind, but a good percentage of the general public are misguided and programmed to believe it's a bad thing. But that's a whole 'nother story that has a lot to do with money and politics, and very similar tactics used in the war on vaping, ie: misinformation, propaganda, and fear mongering, LIES.

Now let me just say that I've been heavily involved with activism over the past 10+ years. I've changed a lot of minds and put in a LOT of work on behalf of the movement, but we NEED to respect this rule. WHY? Because it adds fuel to the fire. It gives the media more ammo and more reasons to give the "sheeple" altered perspectives and biased opinions about vaping. And until vaping has secured it's spot in the economy, we're really treading on thin ice here, so it's more important now than ever to keep the image squeaky clean as long as we're under the magnifying glass and taking the punches.

It's really sad to think about the advancements and breakthrough technologies we could manifest in these forums with networking and knowledge sharing because there's no doubt in my mind that it would amount to many lives being saved, but this is just one of those instances where we need to bite the bullet and "understand" the meaning behind this notion.

Mods, I tried very hard to word this as best as I could while keeping it as safe, but this is a very common question a lot of new vapers just don't understand and I hope it clears things up for them, which in turn will result in less controversy on the topic.
Can this somehow be copied, pasted and PINNED to the top somewhere? This is a fantastic description of why *certain* topics just can't be discussed openly in ANY forum, it should be prominently displayed somewhere!

Barkt

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Can this somehow be copied, pasted and PINNED to the top somewhere? This is a fantastic description of why *certain* topics just can't be discussed openly in ANY forum, it should be prominently displayed somewhere!
Never trust a person who uses the word "sheeple", even if it is in quotation marks.

Vaping Gray

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ok read rules. i wil abide by them as i always do on other forums.
we brits love rules :)

Kinser

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Yeah that is neat. It is also true of many other vaping forums too. What turned me off of many, and ECF in particular, is the censorship. I understand not mentioning (that other crap....you guys know), but 8,675,309 rules? Ridiculous! We really only need two rules: 1. Be an adult. 2. act like an adult.

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Yeah that is neat. It is also true of many other vaping forums too. What turned me off of many, and ECF in particular, is the censorship. I understand not mentioning (that other crap....you guys know), but 8,675,309 rules? Ridiculous! We really only need two rules: 1. Be an adult. 2. act like an adult.

Sadly, this still seems to be an issue with some:(

UncleRJ

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
I was told or read, might have heard of, UncleRj builds coils in his underwear. I have started a petition to make sure he keeps the drapes closed.

Who told you that I wear underwear in the first place:eek:

HairyBubba

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I think this was the first set of forum rules that I finished reading. That was either a great set of rules or I was really bored this morning.
Oh yeah, Good morning everybody !

Gratefulvapes

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I can't post a thread in the health section of the form, keeps saying that I have been blocked. As far as I can tell Im not breaking any forum rules, can you please let me know what I'm doing wrong?

Saddletramp1200

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I can't post a thread in the health section of the form, keeps saying that I have been blocked. As far as I can tell Im not breaking any forum rules, can you please let me know what I'm doing wrong?
We just don't like You. (Just Kidding) I am not staff. They don't pay enough. Do a reboot of your browser, might help. Might not. :cool: Come to think about it, Your not paying me either, so figure it out Yourself. :rolleyes:

UncleRJ

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer

Try this.

Log out of the forum, close the tab you were using, open a new tab, sign back in and give it a shot.

Some kind of damn bug that shows up from time to time and has happened to me once or twice.

Saddletramp1200

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Try this.

Log out of the forum, close the tab you were using, open a new tab, sign back in and give it a shot.

Some kind of damn bug that shows up from time to time and has happened to me once or twice.
I suspect one of the Hamsters in that little wheel slowed down, but I'm not sure. :p

VU Sponsors