Become a Patron!

Safest Battery Options For T-Priv?

I have done much research before I posted this, because I understand related questions have been asked millions of times. So let me thank you in advance for taking the time to answer. :)

I’m not new to vaping, however I’m new to understanding and getting into battery saftey. I’ve always had internal batteries.

I have a regulated 220 W dual battery T-Priv. It has .4 & .15 sub ohm coils. I purchased a set of LG HG2 20A batteries. I will not vape higher than 65-70 W. My regular range is 55-60 W.

My question is can I vape with BOTH the .4 and .15 ohm coils at that wattage with these batteries and will I be safe? I’ve heard to not go below .25 ohm on HG2’s and I’ve also heard resistance doesn’t matter.

I would so very much appreciate anyone’s help. Thanks so much!!

Kranky Kanger

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Any good quality 18650 battery with a constant draw rating (CDR) of 20 amps should be just fine. Your .15 ohm at 70 watts would pull around 23 watts, but that is okay. You see we don't constantly draw that amount with a vape mod, a vape mod "pulses". In other words you pull current for a few seconds and then stop. Most 20a CDR batteries are rated higher, usually around 30a or so, for pulse draw. So just get good quality, authentic batteries and go for it. You should be fine unless you start really pushing the watts.

gbalkam

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
Any of the brand name (Samsung, Sony, LG) batteries are fine. 20A high discharge cells. Regulated mods are limited by wattage.. in your case 110w per cell. This is a constant max wattage which the mod uses to calculate the amps drawn. When you set the mod for lower watts, it draws less amps. So basically, due to the upper limit of 110w per cell, you can never pull more amps than those listed batteries can safely handle. Mods also have a 10 second cut off.. so you will also never constantly discharge your cell to the point of over heating. Never use cheap batteries. Plastic straws are cheaper than steel girders, but I wouldn't cross a bridge made of them. :eek:) LOL In other words, when we recommend batteries it is because they have proven and tested safe and accurately labeled. Knowing what your battery is made of is better than guessing what is under a re-wrapped cell.

VU Sponsors